What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Not surprising.. According to chairman mao religion is a poison to humanity. One who belives that her face is sinful are definitly backward.

Indian are shameless rumors. When did Mao ever say that? You read all his books, can't find your sentences. You eat sh't everyday, right?
According to this book (Biography of Dalai Lama, published in Taiwan), Mao did say this.
Quote:
“末了,毛澤東告訴達賴喇嘛:
「我很了解你。但宗教當然是毒藥。他有兩個缺點:危害人類和阻礙國家進步。”
found it from a answer in this
Did Mao really say "Religion is poison" to the Dalai Lama? - Quora

According to this book (Biography of Dalai Lama, published in Taiwan), Mao did say this.
Quote:
“末了,毛澤東告訴達賴喇嘛:
「我很了解你。但宗教當然是毒藥。他有兩個缺點:危害人類和阻礙國家進步。”
found it from a quora answer
Did Mao really say "Religion is poison" to the Dalai Lama? - Quora

I don't want to make comments on Dalai Lama's word, okay?

These shameless brown Negroids claimed to have invented interstellar flight 10,000 years ago. Spreading rumour is nothing.

Why can't put the guy into ignored list? I tried twice.

I agree with him.Wahabism poison should be exterminated.
It is not related to wahabism.
Every Islmic sect have same belief regarding women veil. For your information christian nuns and jews strictly obey this law as well.

Every Islmic sect have same belief regarding women veil. For your information christian nuns and jews strictly obey this law as well.

To be honest have never seen Christian nuns covering their faces. And majority of modern Muslim girls wear burqa on the forced insistance of their parents. Atleast that is what my friend told me.

Time to evolve. Hindus had Sati system, caste etc. Many ills.

We recognized and banned them. Sati System is extinct, Caste influence is steadily decreasing.

To be honest have never seen Christian nuns covering their faces. And majority of modern Muslim girls wear burqa on the forced insistance of their parents. Atleast that is what my friend told me.

Even if it were to be voluntary, somethings have to be just banned for the sake of society.

In sati system also, there were many women who willfully took part.

Karamay, a northwestern city in Xinjiang, banned people wearing head scarves, veils or long beards from boarding buses.
***Karamay is a developed area and Han dominates...

"A people who totally cover both their eyes are certainly a backward people. We Uighurs do not want to see our female comrades wear this type of clothing," he told a news conference in Beijing.
"Many women want to work, and many want to have contact with society. So on this issue, we will resolutely not agree." In some cases, men had worn the veil to kidnap children, he added.
It's woman's right...
Any religion should not oppress women.
Something I can tell u,there r muslim live near my family.Woman dont wear black things(I dont know use which word to describe),but wear colorful head scarves.(inland China,Hubei province)
Woman work,too.I can see her busy working every day.

Last edited:
Such traditions are both backward and barbaric. People should stop giving legitimacy to such inhumane traditions with freedom of religion.

There may be ancient Aztec religion believer who wants to sacfice virgins during solar eclipse. Will we also let them do it by the name of freedom of religion?

Freedom of religion is a vassel to spread very dangerous ideologies around the world.

Let's acknowledge this is a tough issue to deal with whether it happens in China or India or US or Pakistan.

In general any religious symbol should be protected subject to it not impacting safety of all.

The burkha has been abused several times - including in Pakistan where I recall some criminal cleric from the Lal mosque escaped or tried to escape wearing one. The burkha has been abused to hide bombs and weapons in other instances.

By sheer common sense, we should realize that any loose fit garment that covers up almost 100% is probably being misused a 100 times undetected for each time such abuse has been actually discovered.

I think the Chinese are right in banning it especially in that area of their country where islamic extremism is insurgent.

That said, banning is probably not necessary in India or the USA because we just don't have anywhere near that level or intensity of conflict.

I think similarly each country is entitled to make an assessment of their threat level and decide.

It certainly does not tantamount to discrimination - such a decision protects both muslims and non-muslims from suicide bombers

Back
Top Bottom