What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

I never realized how anti-Islamic the Chinese are-
I am starting to see why Uighur hate the Chinese so much ...

its funny how the Chinese on this forum were first denying this story as "Western propaganda" and now the very deniers are supporting this oppressive policy banning fasting

good going "chinese brothers" !

after this move by china, I believe the Pakistani government should carefully rethink about this "strategic and brotherly love " BS policy with China.

Otherwise, tomorrow China will launch drone attacks on Pakistani soil just as US is doing today

Last edited:
Truth finder---XUXU No.1
Ok, truth finder is coming, today I saw one thread named
"
China Xinjiang: Muslim students 'made to eat' at Ramadan
"
at China Xinjiang: Muslim students 'made to eat' at Ramadan
First come from BBC time "11 July 2014Last updated at 10:46",By Martin Patience BBC News, Beijing, note that the writer stay in Beijing and write a paper about Kashi of Xinjiang,
_76196776_450960539.jpg

Kashgar is home to a significant Muslim Uighur population

Several university students from China's western region of Xinjiang have told the BBC that they are being banned from fasting during the month of Ramadan.

The three Muslim students we spoke to the BBC did not want their identities revealed as they fear government reprisals for speaking about a sensitive issue.

But they told us they were being forced to have meals with professors to ensure they were not fasting.

Those who refuse to eat risk being punished by officials.

One student told us, "If you want a normal life here then you'd better not fast."

Xinjiang is home to the Uighur ethnic minority - most of whom are Muslim.

Beijing blames a string of recent attacks on Muslim extremists and what it calls overseas terrorist groups.

On Thursday, courts in Xinjiang handed 32 people prison terms for downloading or sending "violent terror" videos.

Many Uighurs, however, say the violence is being fuelled by Beijing's repression of their cultural and religious beliefs.

The students who spoke to the BBC said that fasting was banned in all universities across the region.

Several government departments are also enforcing a ban.

One government hospital even got Muslim staff to sign a written pledge promising not to fast.

Fasting during the month of Ramadan - when the faithful do not eat or drink from sunrise to sunset - is considered one of the five pillars of Islam.

Traditionally, children, pregnant women, the sick and those travelling are exempt from fasting.

As part of a propaganda drive, state-run newspapers in Xinjiang have been running editorials warning about the health dangers of not eating and drinking.

This is not the first time the Chinese authorities have restricted fasting in Xinjiang.

But with the restrictions coming amidst growing violence in the region, it is likely to exacerbate tensions.

The students we spoke to at Kashgar Normal University said those Uighurs refusing to eat received official warnings, which could seriously affect their future career prospects.

In some cases, students could even be denied by their degrees.

"Most of us would like to fast," said one of the students. "But with the current situation most of us have decided against it."

BBC News - China Xinjiang: Muslim students 'made to eat' at Ramadan

Find: then I wanted to find the truth, I went to the Baidu forum of kashi normal university, in which it has 9097 members from Kashi university, and 1,251,793 threads.
喀什师范学院吧_百度贴吧

THen I find the biggest joke: they are all left the University, since Summer vacation of Kashi univerisity beggin from 11 July the same day when the writer wrote the news "11 July 2014Last updated at 10:46", and he said that students told that "they were forced to eat meat with professors".
@Farooq
  1. @ComplexVariable,
  1. @peacekeeper,
  2. 2Ashoka The Great,
  3. @a hashmi,

4. @EyanKhan,
  5. @iajdani,
  6. @PakistaniandProud,
  7. @liall,
  8. @cleverrider,
  9. @datalibdaz,
  10. @jroll,
  11. @onebyone,
  12. @Pakistanisage,
  13. @Syedirfan787,
  14. @Pakistani sipahi,
  15. @amitkriit,
  16. @Tariq Kohawar,
  17. @TheFlyingPretzel,
  18. @STEELMAN,
  19. @Victory,
  20. @RisingShiningSuperpower,
  21. @anHuman,
  22. @suresh1773,
  23. @jaiind,
  24. @guru1,
  25. @toropiski,
  26. @ali_raza,
  27. @ExtraOdinary,
  28. @zip,
  29. @Cossack25A1,
  30. @desert warrior,
  31. @SUDIP,
  32. @HunterKiller,
  33. @mAsT bAbA,
  34. @salman108,
  35. @Lux de Veritas,
  36. @AUSTERLITZ,
  37. @Pak123,
  38. @a.kumar,
  39. @TejasMk3,
  40. @Nitin Goyal,
  41. @Arya Desa,
  42. @Phukimak,
  43. @MALIK KHAN,
  44. @whitefox011,
  45. @mymeaningislion,
  46. @Jazzbot,
  47. @Redfern73,
  48. @doc.wab

Last edited:
We don't hate Hindustan. We want India to be merged with its divided parts again. And become a grand nation it was.

GREEN PIGS WILL FLY THAT DAY ~!

We don't hate Hindustan. We want India to be merged with its divided parts again. And become a grand nation it was.

GREEN PIGS WILL FLY THT DAY ~!
Shows how ignorant you are.

That's true Shia rulers were the worst persecutors of Hindus. He a delusional Hinduvadi. Shia might vote for communal BJp only to counter us sunni. They try to use deception every time.
lUCKNOW/ awadh ruled by shias was much more tolerant than other sunni ruled regions.

Check the topic of this thread. We are doing the right thing.
Hold your horses, I was asking a genuine question. And only time will tell if this was a right thing to do, as no other country had the guts to do this kind of thing before. I do hope this thing pays off in a good way. I don't want to see this infection spreading to china.

Just wait bro. Modi will bring India and China closer. He is already pro China seen with his visits to China when he was GJ CM. And I am sure we will settle border disputes very soon with China.

disputes will remain we are not giving away AP ,but we will certainly form an alliance to fight against these Islamic terrorists in Afghanistan! iran ,china,india is the way to go to... we must encircle pakistan from every where possible for this we need china and iran

And you are dragging Pakistan in because?

I hope you do realize that we have our own source for information and not necessarily rely on BBC which is known for its propaganda against China.

Never the less even if the news is said to be true its China internal matter and unlike Indians who like to jump on to anything, we don't. And for the love of God don't start comparing it with Kashmir.

I never realized how anti-Islamic the Chinese are-
I am starting to see why Uighur hate the Chinese so much ...

its funny how the Chinese on this forum were first denying this story as "Western propaganda" and now the very deniers are supporting this oppressive policy banning fasting

good going "chinese brothers" !

after this move by china, I believe the Pakistani government should carefully rethink about this "strategic and brotherly love " BS policy with China.

Otherwise, tomorrow China will launch drone attacks on Pakistani soil just as US is doing today

Both Flags flown by you - Country of Origin & location are N Korean.

Are you a Muslim of N Korean origin ?

@Web Master

I hope you do realize that we have our own source for information and not necessarily rely on BBC which is known for its propaganda against China.

Never the less even if the news is said to be true its China internal matter and unlike Indians who like to jump on to anything, we don't. And for the love of God don't start comparing it with Kashmir.

I mentioned what I did because there was a thread on the subject running with a statement from Pakistan denying what the whole world & Chinese admit.

We'd be curious to know of the ' own sources ' Pak has which even the Chinese dont .

If denying someone his religious right is an internal matter of a nation , would you also consider Babri Masjid an internal matter of India or are there different strokes for different folks ?

What is Babri Mosque incident?
What is 2002 Gujarat civil unrest incident?
What is Israel-palistine issue?

I mentioned what I did because there was a thread on the subject running with a statement from Pakistan denying what the whole world & Chinese admit.

We'd be curious to know of the ' own sources ' Pak has which even the Chinese dont .

If denying someone his religious right is an internal matter of a nation , would you also consider Babri Masjid an internal matter of India or are there different strokes for different folks ?

Babri Masjid was India's internal matter but than again you being a mature and a senior member should not have a problem understanding a simple fact that indeed there are different strokes for different folks based on national interests unless you imply that the same is not true for India. Indians all over this forum justifying Israel attacks on Ghaza and even officially India has not condemned but rather used the word restraint while if Pakistanis talk about striking Afghanistan, Indians are all over accusing us of violating a sovereign territory and accusing us of being hypocrites not allowing US or India to do the same in Pakistan.

This is what happens when Muslim lands fall under foreingwrs .. this would also happened in Pakistan if India was successful taking it

What is Babri Mosque incident?
What is 2002 Gujarat civil unrest incident?
What is Israel-palistine issue?

What about them? Dont you guys do the same for Balochistan, Killing of Shia's and many other accounts.

And what about Israel Palestine issue, are you comparing the two? with one being bombed to oblivion while the others as per BBC are not allowed to fast? There is simply no connection between the two but only for an Indian.

hey,,,hold ur horses..
hes a gud guy,,,, rarely comments on Indias internal matters:D
Babri Masjid was India's internal matter but than again you being a mature and a senior member should not have a problem understanding a simple fact that indeed there are different strokes for different folks based on national interests unless you imply that the same is not true for India. Indians all over this forum justifying Israel attacks on Ghaza and even officially India has not condemned but rather used the word restraint while if Pakistanis talk about striking Afghanistan, Indians are all over accusing us of violating a sovereign territory and accusing us of being hypocrites not allowing US or India to do the same in Pakistan.
:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom