What's new

Xiaomi News 2015: Chinese Manufacturer Ships 35 Million Units in First Half, Could Break Records

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Xiaomi News 2015: Chinese Manufacturer Ships 35 Million Units in First Half, Could Break Records by Year's End

xiaomi-mi-note-pro.jpg

OPPOMART/GSM ARENA

The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro is the manufacturer's Android flagship, which was announced in January 2015.

Last year was Xiaomi's break out year in the world of Android, after hitting it off with its flagship, the Mi 3, which the company made available in China's neighbouring countries, particularly India.

As a result, the Chinese manufacturer was able to sell a total of 61 million smartphones in 2014, which is already a record for the relatively new business.

However, it seems Xiaomi is not done in improving its market share in Asia and other nearby markets. In a report by Phone Arena, the China-based manufacturer has just shipped 35 million smartphones in just the first half of 2015. That is an increase from the 25 million it was able to ship during the same period of time last year.

At this pace, Xiaomi is on its way to shatter its own record last year.

So how did Xiaomi make this happen?

As early as January, the Chinese brand has already announced a number of handsets in the midrange and flagship categories. Both the Xiaomi Mi Note and Mi Note Pro are definitely have some of the best smartphone speicfications during that time, and a lot of Chinese phone buyers already made the move to buy even before the Mobile World Congress kicked off.

Other handsets that Xiaomi has launched this year include the Mi 4i, and the Redmi 2.

Rumors and reports are pointing to a Mi 5 to be released before September.

Many big talk about this company Xiao Mi, in reality it is no where to be known in U.S. Many stores in U.S include walmart do not carry out this brand. In Vietnam it is not any big, not much talk in Vietnam. Oppo has more market share than both Huawei and Xiaomi in Vietnam though tiny compare with Apple and Samsung.

Many big talk about this company Xiao Mi, in reality it is no where to be known in U.S. Many stores in U.S include walmart do not carry out this brand. In Vietnam it is not any big, not much talk in Vietnam. Oppo has more market share than both Huawei and Xiaomi in Vietnam though tiny compare with Apple and Samsung.

One step at a time, my friend. One step at a time. Rome was not built in one day. We understand your impatience, but, you should give us time.

Hugo Barra talks about Xiaomi’s long-term US plan
by: ROB TRIGGS14 HOURS AGO

Xiaomi-Mi-Note-Pro-13-840x560.jpg

Xiaomi CEO Hugo Barra has been speaking to Re/code again, this time to shed a little light on the company’s longer term plans for the US market, among other things.

Plenty of topics are covered in the talk, ranging from the company’s low cost business model, to India expansion and the hotly contested and fast growing Chinese market. The US bit starts at around the 11:30 mark, although it sadly doesn’t give a date on when we’ll see the first Xiaomi handset in the country, as a time frame has not been set yet.

Instead, the Mi Store launch is the first part of the plan. Xiaomi is looking to build brand awareness by introducing its ultra-competitively price products, like the $15 Mi Band and its headphone range, to US consumers first. Speaking of the Mi Band, in the interview Barra says that it does not have a heart monitor “yet”, which is a big hint that a Mi Band refresh may be on the way soon.

A US launch does seem to be planned at some point, but Barra is acutely aware of the differences between Xiaomi’s existing markets and the US, and seems in no hurry to rush a launch. According to Barra, US customers are less price sensitive and there’s a different carrier market compared with Asia, which Xiaomi is going to have to address come any US Launch.

Xiaomi plans to stick to its upfront pricing model in every region that it sells its phones, as this showcases the company’s value for money aspect. Fortunately for Xiaomi, the US market is also beginning to favour this purchasing method over carrier contracts. There is also the issue of building a decent customer service base in the country, which is something the Xiaomi CEO says would take years to setup correctly.

It looks like a US release for Xiaomi smartphones is still a way off, but the cogs are beginning to turn. The company is clearly still focused on the Indian market, where it stands to grab a bigger share of one of the industry’s fastest growing markets.

Haha...now just ask Indian members in PDF, how XiaoMi phone hot sell in India ?! ... XiaoMi making much more money from India market than in Vietnam ... XiaoMi knew which one is more important for them.:D

HuaWei also a great phone maker, export to other AESAN, Europe nations. Both they have flagship smartphones selling 2,000~3,000 RMB in China, when local purchase power reach the same level they will launch latest flagship in Vietnam too.

Last edited:

And your point is? Xiaomi is sales are up, and the all projections state their is more to come. Right now Xiaomi is penetrating Indian market which is several times larger compared to Vietnam or another far eastern market. Xiaomi will finally land in US as well but right now the focus on Asian region seems to be a step in right direction.

I think Xiaomi is really going after the Asian giant Samsung, when you compare Xiaomi & Samsung side by side, Xiaomi wins hands down. Also Xiaomi is also not only producing mobile phones but also networking products and Televisions. Right now Xiaomi 4K television is the most affordable and one of the best available.

Just right now... i using my new bought HuaWei Honor 4C smartphone visit PDF.

1. Qualcomm 64bit 8-core CPU
2. 2GB RAM
3. 8GB ROM + 64GB SD
4. 5.5' HD-LCD,85% surface
5. double SIM cards support
6. 4G/3G NETWORK
7. back 13Mega sony camera, front 5 Mega camera

Only sell 899 RMB in china, 150 USD very very cheap price. Compared with my girl's Iphone 6 Plus... FASTER ! Im enjoying it, no any problem playing big 3D game ... next to buy HuaWei flagship P8 Max. In China we r using 4G phone network, now download speed 1MB/s on 4G smartphone.:partay:

Last edited:
Just right now... i using my new bought HuaWei Honor 4C smartphone visit PDF.

1. Qualcomm 64bit 8-core CPU
2. 2GB RAM
3. 8GB ROM + 64GB SD
4. 5.5' HD-LCD,85% surface
5. double SIM cards support
6. 4G/3G NETWORK
7. back 13Mega sony camera, front 5 Mega camera

Only sell 899 RMB in china, 150 USD very very cheap price. Compared with my girl's Iphone 6 Plus... FASTER ! Im enjoying it, no any problem playing big 3D game ... next to buy HuaWei flagship P8 Max. In China we r using 4G phone network, now download speed 1MB/s on 4G smartphone.:partay:
You need to get your girl a Huawei too. Lol

And do this to your girl's iphone

Preview Of Meizu, Huawei And Xiaomi June 30 Announcements
Published on June 25, 2015

Judging by what we know thus far, June 30th will be a really, really busy day. It seems like 3 China-based smartphone manufacturers plan to announce something at the said date. Let’s start from the beginning, first Huawei announced an event for June 30 where the company will announce their much-rumored Honor 7 handset. The Honor 7 is a high-end, metallic device which will sport with a rear-facing fingerprint scanner. The other device that will be announced at said date is Meizu’s flagship, the MX5. Meizu has already sent out invites for the event and strongly suggested that the M5 is coming, we’ll be in China covering this event live. And then there’s Xiaomi, the company will announce their expansion plans to Brasil on the same date, as it was revealed quite recently.

Speaking of which, Xiaomi’s President, Lin Bin, has posed in Brasil’s football jersey teasing the Brasil launch event, you can check out this image below the article, along with a number of leaks of Meizu MX5 and Huawei Honor 7. As you probably already know, Xiaomi is doing business mainly in China, though they’re selling their devices in other parts of Asia as well. The company has recently started selling accessories outside of Asia, but their devices are still not available, at least not officially. You can purchase Xiaomi’s smartphones via various China-based resellers, but the company isn’t selling them outside of Asia. Brasil will be the first country outside of Asia Xiaomi will expand to, and we’re sure many more Latin American countries will follow after that.

Regarding the Meizu MX5 and Honor 7, both of these devices will be high end. According to many leaks, rumors and certifications, the Meizu MX5 will feature a 5.5-inch 1080p (1920 x 1080) display along with 3GB of RAM and various internal storage options. The device will ship with a 20-megapixel snapper on the back, and Android Lollipop will come pre-installed here with Meizu’s Flyme OS on top of it. This handset will be made out of metal, and will sport a physical home button below the display.

Speaking of metal, Huawei’s Honor 7 offering will also sport a metal build. This handset will feature a 5-inch 1080p display, 3 or 4GB of RAM (depending on the variant you choose), and 16 or 64GB of internal storage. The 16GB model will ship with 3GB of RAM, and the 64GB one with 64GB of RAM. Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 935 SoC will quite probably fuel this thing, though the Kirin 940 was also mentioned. The device will ship with Android Lollipop pre-installed, with Huawei’s Emotion UI skin on top of it.

There you have it folks, June 30th will sure be an interesting day, two high-end devices and Xiaomi’s expansion should be more than enough to make sure of that. Stay tuned for more info, we’ll let you know as soon as something pops up.

Xiaomi and Meizu are the two brands I admire most, they centre on smart phone.
I used to have a Meizu mp4 in high school, later Meizu transformed to a smart phone company. I was very skeptical at that time.

what i don't like them is that they generally DO NOT dvelope tech of thier own , but only to assemble others' components (paying IR $$$ to companies of japan, taiwan,us, etc) while taking advantage of made-in-china value chain and make money.

(for the same reason personally i look down on companies like alibaba, facebook etc, or ma yun, zuckerberg... they are no more than economic parasites; on the other hand i like pure tech pure value creation firms such as huawei, mitsubishi, intel, amd, ge, etc)

firms like huawei is different.

I hope one day, huawei, or TCL, or Lenovo , will take over xiaomi ,meizu and oppo alike.

china needs fewer smart phones brands, but bigger.

only by merging most of them into several, china could have companies big enough and brands strong enough on the world stage (e.g. with much more independent r&d) to seriously take on samsung and apple not only on volumn, but much more importantly on both indepedently-owned technologies and profitability.

Last edited:
what i don't like them is that they generally DO NOT dvelope tech of thier own , but only to assemble others' components (paying IR $$$ to companies of japan, taiwan,us, etc) while taking advantage of made-in-china value chain and make money..

Yep:
Xiaomi owes smartphone success to Qualcomm, Japanese technology- Nikkei Asian Review

"The secret to Xiaomi's success lies in the use of board designs and components employed by big-name foreign rivals, such as Samsung Electronics of South Korea."

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom