What's new

Xiaomi News 2015: Chinese Manufacturer Ships 35 Million Units in First Half, Could Break Records

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

let alone other brands of China even your best Xiaomi does not have even 1 % of market share
Hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: tell them the position of Chinese smartphones in India.
@GURU DUTT ,@Ryuzaki ,@Georgeclark ,@AMCA ,@bhagat ,@Stephen Cohen ,@SarthakGanguly ,@Echo_419 ,@Dillinger ,@Sneaker ,@HariPrasad ,@Chronos ,@Bang Galore ,@Chanakya's_Chant ,@Abingdonboy ,@bhola singh ,@MilSpec ,@hinduguy ,@Super Commando Dhruva ,@Superboy

the entire so-called "Indian brands" of smart phones in India, is not more than an assembly of almost the cheapest and lowest quality - the bottom level, amongst all made-in-China components and technologies. You can't even make a dumb plastic tube for plumbing on your own , and you "make" smart phones on your own? yeah right.

what i don't like them is that they generally DO NOT dvelope tech of thier own , but only to assemble others' components (paying IR $$$ to companies of japan, taiwan,us, etc) while taking advantage of made-in-china value chain and make money.

(for the same reason personally i look down on companies like alibaba, facebook etc, or ma yun, zuckerberg... they are no more than economic parasites; on the other hand i like pure tech pure value creation firms such as huawei, mitsubishi, intel, amd, ge, etc)

firms like huawei is different.

I hope one day, huawei, or TCL, or Lenovo , will take over xiaomi ,meizu and oppo alike.

china needs fewer smart phones brands, but bigger.

only by merging most of them into several, china could have companies big enough and brands strong enough on the world stage (e.g. with much more independent r&d) to seriously take on samsung and apple not only on volumn, but much more importantly on both indepedently-owned technologies and profitability.
Here, I have to speak something for Xiaomi, Xiaomi is bashed wrongly often.

Many Chinese like Huawei, but don't like Xiaomi when comparing with the two companies, I can understand it, but we also know, the two companies is different, Huawei's advantage is hardware and designing, Xiaomi is software, Xiaomi is just a about 5 years old company, how could you let it shoulder Chinese mobile phone industry?

Huawei is a more than 20 years old company, because it keep puting huge money in R&D, it have huge accumulated patent, but its real advantage is still in communiation equipement, the terminal which found several years ago used some fruit, if talking about smartphone seperately, hard to say Huawei is better than Xiaomi.

Huawei also buy huge components from other company, maybe most of high-end component are bought from foreign companies, because they have done these earlier and better, Huawei alse assemble the comonents to a phone, not much different with Xiaomi. Xiaomi's advantage is softeware, its MIUI is highly acclaimed, that's its advantage, but Huawei's EMUI is not that good, atleast now, Hardware is other chinese companies' thing, Xiaomi just take its advantage.

You take Samsung and Apple for example, but although they both sell smartphone, but also different companies, Samsung's advantage is hardware, Apple is software, you know Samsung is a empire, behind it is SK government, Samsung almost make anything, In China, there are not companies like Samsung empire, but we have huge independ company: Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, Baidu, Tencent, Xiaomi and other relatively small companies, but master several technologies, Samsung is good, but its many component and manufacturing equpiment depend on Japan, Maybe in the world, Japanese smartphone don't occupy small share, but I can say, most of smartphones in the world, there are Japanese components in it, especailly high-end smartphone.
as to Apple, no need to talk much, beside its own advantage, behind it, is the American strong industry, hardware and software, Apple can find good software companies in USA, then merge it to consolidate its advantage.

China need Huawei, also need Xiaomi, talking about Chinese prosperous Smartphone market, Xiaomi should be admired, even more credit should given to Xiaomi than Huawei.

Last, I think Samsung smartphone don't worth that price, its price is too high, low configuration, but high price, talking about system based on android, it is worse than Xiaomi, Chinese band or Apple, not SK smartphone, My opinion.

I am a flagship guy , and for the past 6 yrs have bought almost every flagship PH there is out there. But just four days ago i got my self a redmi note4g, Must say i am impressed with it . love its build , display could be better and the MIUI is awesome.

Haha...now just ask Indian members in PDF, how XiaoMi phone hot sell in India ?! ... XiaoMi making much more money from India market than in Vietnam ... XiaoMi knew which one is more important for them.:D

HuaWei also a great phone maker, export to other AESAN, Europe nations. Both they have flagship smartphones selling 2,000~3,000 RMB in China, when local purchase power reach the same level they will launch latest flagship in Vietnam too.

To be honest i agree with the Vietnamese member @DaiViet , Xiaomi even though it has done spectacularly well for such a new company/startup(its now the most valuable startup in the world last time i red in financial times), however it still has a very longggg way to go to even comes close to other more global Chinese multinational companies like Huawei and lenovo. Huawei to me is farrrrrrr more powerful/interesting than Xiaomi. I don't understand how xiaomi even gets all he limelight while huawei isnt that catchy. Huawei makes its own processors(something only Samsung and Apple do) and holds several other IPs for its phones, while xiaomi doesn't produces anything on its own, but just import them from other Taiwanese/Chinese electronic companies like many other smartphones makers do.

Xiaomi will have to invest hugely in R&D and make more of the most important stuffs in its phone like Huawei/samsung/apple all do, if it ever wants its current light to keep shinning and differentiate itself from others, else it will just decline/go back to where it was before.

To be honest, i dont see what Xiaomi does that is special, its not really different from other smartphone makers like Micromax, xolo, Yota phone etc lol Only difference is that it does know how to market itself and has found a new way to sell phones i.e mostly online which other companies are now following. Apart from that i don't see what xiaomi has done that is pioneering/special. In fact i will say even OPPO and one plus one make better phones than Xiaomi and are much more global/have a real presence in overseas market.. Don't get all this hype about Xiaomi.

And your point is? Xiaomi is sales are up, and the all projections state their is more to come. Right now Xiaomi is penetrating Indian market which is several times larger compared to Vietnam or another far eastern market. Xiaomi will finally land in US as well but right now the focus on Asian region seems to be a step in right direction.

I think Xiaomi is really going after the Asian giant Samsung, when you compare Xiaomi & Samsung side by side, Xiaomi wins hands down. Also Xiaomi is also not only producing mobile phones but also networking products and Televisions. Right now Xiaomi 4K television is the most affordable and one of the best available.
The point being too many of this self promoting article aim to hype thing up. I usually dont take these article serious, I take reality base on number, 35 million out of 1.3 billion chinese, not alot, and mostly domestic market.

only by merging most of them into several, china could have companies big enough and brands strong enough on the world stage (e.g. with much more independent r&d) to seriously take on samsung and apple not only on volumn, but much more importantly on both indepedently-owned technologies and profitability.

I think consolidation is going to happen in due course of time. Currently, the market is hot enough to support multiple start-ups. In the end, I believe, the market will consolidate into four-five major domestic brands.

China is a huge market and less than five would not justify its size. Eve Taiwan has two or three major domestic players.

I am for having Xiaomi and Oppo along with the likes Huawei and ZTE. The more, the merrier.

Xiaomi, by the way, is not merely a smartphone company. It is also a smart home-electronics company. In the US, for example, it will develop a market not based on the smartphones but on smart wearables and home appliances. It has serious R&D investment and growing. Xiaomi is going to grow really big and nothing is wrong to use foreign components until better and more affordable domestic alternatives come. When the alternatives come, Xiaomi will dump the foreign suppliers in no time.

Xiaomi's Hugo Barra crushes dreams of an imminent handset launch in the US

Last edited:
The point being too many of this self promoting article aim to hype thing up. I usually dont take these article serious, I take reality base on number, 35 million out of 1.3 billion chinese, not alot, and mostly domestic market.
Hmmm, hype not exactly. Xiaomi does produce quality products with an affordable price. My friend your mentioning of number of Chinese population shows you lack understanding of financial matters and about do not understand the spirit of this article.

:rofl:, What I can say? can't image, can be stupider?!

I dont know F you talk about. You often masturbate right? because you talk and you laugh by yourself which only you understand. At least put up a decent argument idiot. Even trolls they dont laugh when they talk.

I dont know F you talk about. You often masturbate right? because you talk and you laugh by yourself which only you understand. At least put up a decent argument idiot. Even trolls they dont laugh when they talk.

Please do not fight over Xiaomi, my friend. Wait until others come and debate over your own products.

T1yRYjBTJT1RXrhCrK.jpg

T1t3EvBjZT1RXrhCrK.jpg

T1tfV_BbDT1RXrhCrK.jpg

Hehe, ignorant, I know you don't understand, how could you?!

I don't know the number of sales of Xiaomi in January 2015, but should less than 9 million, you could say 9 million of 1.3 billion Chinese, in Q1 2015, the Apple smartphone sales is about 60 million, you can say 60 million of 7 billion human, not a lot.
Hehe, you said your reality based on number, very funny, not based on number, but ignorance.

And, don't find your argument are decent, maybe you think they are.

Last edited:

Why waste time with someone who apparently has a brain the size of what you know?:D

People from a certain country simply can't stand the fact that Chinese technology companies are beginning to make a dent here and there in sectors and industries previously dominated by western behemoths。

Last edited:
Please do not fight over Xiaomi, my friend. Wait until others come and debate over your own products.

T1yRYjBTJT1RXrhCrK.jpg

T1t3EvBjZT1RXrhCrK.jpg

T1tfV_BbDT1RXrhCrK.jpg
Xiaomi 4i will be not sold in mainland:cry:
Mobile power pack looks cool!

@sweetgrape Pls ignore him, one of many mentally retarded Viets here, just rejoice at Xiaomi's success and hope Xiaomi, Huawei, etc get better and better in the future.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom