What's new

Xiaomi News 2015: Chinese Manufacturer Ships 35 Million Units in First Half, Could Break Records

Xiaomi 4i will be not sold in mainland:cry:
Mobile power pack looks cool!

@sweetgrape Pls ignore him, one of many mentally retarded Viets here, just rejoice at Xiaomi's success and hope Xiaomi, Huawei, etc get better and better in the future.
Hehe, I hope oneday, Xiaomi and other Chinese smartphone brand can choose Kirin CPU, it is reported that, Huawei try to develop new OP system, Hope it can success, also hope Chinese smartphone company can cooperate with each other, now, they are not, especially Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei.

And one more thing, Hope Chinese smartphone brand can cooperate with Chinese component company, that's very important, ex-company I work for is a Chinese component for communication and terminal equipment, it develop very fast these year, it occupy many share that had occupied by Japanese company, that company now cooperate with a famaous communication company well, not only the business, also in R&D, if they have new communication and terminal project, they will ask whether we can do, and give some help, I like the model.

I don't like Japanese company, because Japanese company is very closed system, also in supplier chain, work or deal with them, you can't learn much, they just force you improve you quality, and reduce price, they will not give concrete help, even they learn from you more, hope more Chinese good component supplier, also Chinese company can cooperate with each other.

Xiaomi 4i will be not sold in mainland:cry:

You cannot get all the cool stuff. Have to leave a few for the run-away province :partay::cheers:

Hehe, I hope oneday, Xiaomi and other Chinese smartphone brand can choose Kirin CPU, it is reported that, Huawei try to develop new OP system, Hope it can success, also hope Chinese smartphone company can cooperate with each other, now, they are not, especially Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei.

Government is prepared to allocate a huge amount (100 billion +) on it. Within this decade, China will certainly have a number of domestic brands plus JVs because, without JVs, life in China is gonna be hard for foreign manufacturers.

You cannot get all the cool stuff. Have to leave a few for the run-away province :partay::cheers:

Government is prepared to allocate a huge amount (100 billion +) on it. Within this decade, China will certainly have a number of domestic brands plus JVs because, without JVs, life in China is gonna be hard for foreign manufacturers.
Next, Xiaomi or Huawei? I remember you said you would go for Huawei as your next?

Next, Xiaomi or Huawei? I remember you said you would go for Huawei as your next?

Torn in between. I will look at the domestic content. Huawei outweighs Xiaomi in that regard but I also like how Xiaomi is seen as ***** killer.

Nonetheless, good to have so many domestic options to choose from:

Top 5 high-end Chinese smartphones | South China Morning Post

China is the largest market in the world for smartphones and consumers are increasingly choosing higher-end models. Photo: Nora Tam

In recent years, China has become the world’s fastest growing market for smartphones. More than 500 million people use smartphones in mainland China and more than 390 million smartphones were manufactured in 2014, according to market analysis firm iResearch. Chinese mobile makers, including Xiaomi and Huawei, are leading the domestic market, with ambitions to occupy a larger market share by launching high-end smartphones with high-resolution screens, powerful batteries and lower price tags than Apple, which topped China's smartphone market during the first quarter of 2015.

SCMP staff reporters have examined this burgeoning market segment to find some of the most competitive smartphone makers. Their inclusion is based on functionality, design, price, and popularity with users.

Meitu M4

Best known for its popular photo editing app Meitu Xiuxiu, which has attracted more than 300 million users in mainland China, Meitu's first sortie into the smartphone market features a powerful camera which works with the built in beauty software to make photo subjects look younger and more attractive. The Android 4.4-based 32 gigabyte M4 retails for 2,199 yuan and comes equipped with 13 megapixel front and back cameras.

Nubia Z9

A subsidiary of Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE, Nubia's strengths lie in its innovative design for their high-end Z9. The 32 gigabyte Z9 retails for 3,499 yuan and features a three-in-one technology which converts three buttons for power, volume and touch ID into one. It also supports two SIM cards. More than five million Nubia phones were sold in 2014 with the company predicting that figure to double in 2015.

Meizu MX4 Pro

Popular with young Chinese professionals and university students, Meizu's strengths lie in its in-built beautifying image software, a 1080 video camera, and a lighter body. The 32 gigabyte, Android 4.4-based MX4 Pro retails for 2,199 yuan. It broke records in the first quarter of 2015 by selling five million phones, equal to total sales the year before.

Huawei P8

Popular with businessmen and equipped with the fastest CPU developed and made in China, the 16 gigabyte P8 retails for 2,888 yuan and features an HD camera, supports two sim cards and can operate with the Huawei B2 digital bracelet. More than 600 million units of Huawei's P series were sold within 10 months of the devices' launch.

MiNote

"China's Apple" has successfully secured its top rank among Chinese smartphone makers by selling more than 61 million phones in 2014. Its primary strategy of targeting lower income customers saw a slight shift in late 2014 with the launch of the MiNote. The 16 gigabyte phablet 2,299 yuan includes an HD camera, slim body, Hi-Fi sound, fast CPU and long battery life. It also supports two sim cards.

The point being too many of this self promoting article aim to hype thing up. I usually dont take these article serious, I take reality base on number, 35 million out of 1.3 billion chinese, not alot, and mostly domestic market.
really? :D I still vividly remember that one day you post a thread to brag about a Viet mobile company, who cheaply assembled everything imported from China, and claimed to be 'great' lol, and btw that phone has two gigantic screws on it```

you creature really like to contradict yourself with tiny brain :D

Torn in between. I will look at the domestic content. Huawei outweighs Xiaomi in that regard but I also like how Xiaomi is seen as ***** killer.

Nonetheless, good to have so many domestic options to choose from:

Top 5 high-end Chinese smartphones | South China Morning Post

China is the largest market in the world for smartphones and consumers are increasingly choosing higher-end models. Photo: Nora Tam

In recent years, China has become the world’s fastest growing market for smartphones. More than 500 million people use smartphones in mainland China and more than 390 million smartphones were manufactured in 2014, according to market analysis firm iResearch. Chinese mobile makers, including Xiaomi and Huawei, are leading the domestic market, with ambitions to occupy a larger market share by launching high-end smartphones with high-resolution screens, powerful batteries and lower price tags than Apple, which topped China's smartphone market during the first quarter of 2015.

SCMP staff reporters have examined this burgeoning market segment to find some of the most competitive smartphone makers. Their inclusion is based on functionality, design, price, and popularity with users.

Meitu M4

Best known for its popular photo editing app Meitu Xiuxiu, which has attracted more than 300 million users in mainland China, Meitu's first sortie into the smartphone market features a powerful camera which works with the built in beauty software to make photo subjects look younger and more attractive. The Android 4.4-based 32 gigabyte M4 retails for 2,199 yuan and comes equipped with 13 megapixel front and back cameras.

Nubia Z9

A subsidiary of Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE, Nubia's strengths lie in its innovative design for their high-end Z9. The 32 gigabyte Z9 retails for 3,499 yuan and features a three-in-one technology which converts three buttons for power, volume and touch ID into one. It also supports two SIM cards. More than five million Nubia phones were sold in 2014 with the company predicting that figure to double in 2015.

Meizu MX4 Pro

Popular with young Chinese professionals and university students, Meizu's strengths lie in its in-built beautifying image software, a 1080 video camera, and a lighter body. The 32 gigabyte, Android 4.4-based MX4 Pro retails for 2,199 yuan. It broke records in the first quarter of 2015 by selling five million phones, equal to total sales the year before.

Huawei P8

Popular with businessmen and equipped with the fastest CPU developed and made in China, the 16 gigabyte P8 retails for 2,888 yuan and features an HD camera, supports two sim cards and can operate with the Huawei B2 digital bracelet. More than 600 million units of Huawei's P series were sold within 10 months of the devices' launch.

MiNote

"China's Apple" has successfully secured its top rank among Chinese smartphone makers by selling more than 61 million phones in 2014. Its primary strategy of targeting lower income customers saw a slight shift in late 2014 with the launch of the MiNote. The 16 gigabyte phablet 2,299 yuan includes an HD camera, slim body, Hi-Fi sound, fast CPU and long battery life. It also supports two sim cards.
各国智慧手机数量预计.png

Bin Lin: Xiaomi is the third largest e-commerce company in China

OFweek | Posted: 29 Jun 2015, 11:44

At the 2015 (15th) China's "Future Stars" Enterprises Annual Meeting held recently, Bin Lin, co-founder and president of Xiaomi Technology has delivered a speech, in which he claimed that Xiaomi now has become the third largest e-commerce company in China, with more than 60 million smartphones sold via the Internet in the past five years since the establishment of the company.

"Xiaomi has developed so rapidly within the past five years. We've sold about 61 million smartphones in 2014, with sales of more than RMB 70 billion. And most of smartphones are sold directly via its website," said Bin Lin.

Besides, he also believed that, the selling of hot products on its website is the most important business model for Xiaomi, which may also be one of prominent innovations of the company since its establishment.

At the 2015 (15th) China's "Future Stars" Enterprises Annual Meeting held recently, Bin Lin, co-founder and president of Xiaomi Technology has delivered a speech, in which he claimed that Xiaomi now has become the third largest e-commerce company in China, with more than 60 million smartphones sold via the Internet in the past five years since the establishment of the company.

"Xiaomi has developed so rapidly within the past five years. We've sold about 61 million smartphones in 2014, with sales of more than RMB 70 billion. And most of smartphones are sold directly via its website," said Bin Lin.

Besides, he also believed that, the selling of hot products on its website is the most important business model for Xiaomi, which may also be one of prominent innovations of the company since its establishment.
Most Xiaomi products in China are sold through Xiaomi's own online shop.

By enlarging its product spectrum into smart household and other electronics, Xiaomi can transform its online shop into a mecca of electronic products. The brand name is catchy and cool, and already reminds people of the certain premium US producer. Xiaomi should definitely build aggressively on this image.

To be honest i agree with the Vietnamese member @DaiViet , Xiaomi even though it has done spectacularly well for such a new company/startup(its now the most valuable startup in the world last time i red in financial times), however it still has a very longggg way to go to even comes close to other more global Chinese multinational companies like Huawei and lenovo. Huawei to me is farrrrrrr more powerful/interesting than Xiaomi. I don't understand how xiaomi even gets all he limelight while huawei isnt that catchy. Huawei makes its own processors(something only Samsung and Apple do) and holds several other IPs for its phones, while xiaomi doesn't produces anything on its own, but just import them from other Taiwanese/Chinese electronic companies like many other smartphones makers do.

Xiaomi will have to invest hugely in R&D and make more of the most important stuffs in its phone like Huawei/samsung/apple all do, if it ever wants its current light to keep shinning and differentiate itself from others, else it will just decline/go back to where it was before.

To be honest, i dont see what Xiaomi does that is special, its not really different from other smartphone makers like Micromax, xolo, Yota phone etc lol Only difference is that it does know how to market itself and has found a new way to sell phones i.e mostly online which other companies are now following. Apart from that i don't see what xiaomi has done that is pioneering/special. In fact i will say even OPPO and one plus one make better phones than Xiaomi and are much more global/have a real presence in overseas market.. Don't get all this hype about Xiaomi.

I agree mostly with your points. Imo Huawei and Lenovo are better than Xiaomi in almost every category, with cash in bank and hardware manufacturing being the most important. A cell phone maker who does not produce its own components will be gobbled up by others in the future or simply bankrupt. Xiaomii had an issue a year ago where they wanted to launch a new phone to beat the big boys to the market they Samsung and others delayed the shipment of chips to Xiaomi intentionally delayed their launch.

Last edited:
To be honest i agree with the Vietnamese member @DaiViet , Xiaomi even though it has done spectacularly well for such a new company/startup(its now the most valuable startup in the world last time i red in financial times), however it still has a very longggg way to go to even comes close to other more global Chinese multinational companies like Huawei and lenovo. Huawei to me is farrrrrrr more powerful/interesting than Xiaomi. I don't understand how xiaomi even gets all he limelight while huawei isnt that catchy. Huawei makes its own processors(something only Samsung and Apple do) and holds several other IPs for its phones, while xiaomi doesn't produces anything on its own, but just import them from other Taiwanese/Chinese electronic companies like many other smartphones makers do.

Xiaomi will have to invest hugely in R&D and make more of the most important stuffs in its phone like Huawei/samsung/apple all do, if it ever wants its current light to keep shinning and differentiate itself from others, else it will just decline/go back to where it was before.

To be honest, i dont see what Xiaomi does that is special, its not really different from other smartphone makers like Micromax, xolo, Yota phone etc lol Only difference is that it does know how to market itself and has found a new way to sell phones i.e mostly online which other companies are now following. Apart from that i don't see what xiaomi has done that is pioneering/special. In fact i will say even OPPO and one plus one make better phones than Xiaomi and are much more global/have a real presence in overseas market.. Don't get all this hype about Xiaomi.

Buddy, use the phone (Xiaomi) first hand then we'll take your opinion seriously. Having said that, I own a MI3. One of the best phones I've used till now. Unlike my old Samsung S2 (Prior to my Ascend Mate) which used to freeze. Now I am planning to try out the One Plus Two although not willing to give up my Xiaomi.

This phone seems to have got good response in India too at an on line site selling some 1-2 Lakh sets

ZTE has the most patents for Internet of Things in the world

OFweek | Posted: 30 Jun 2015, 15:18

According to the analysis from UK Intellectual Property Office, America is not a leader in the Internet of Things (IoT) field, while ZTE has the most patents in this field during 2013 to 2014.

Just as big data and smart grid, IoT has become another hot word in the tech media. Many technical experts predict that the transformative impact of IoT on people's lifestyle will be as critical as that of Internet.

During 2013 to 2014, Apple ranked the 27th place in terms of the quality for IoT patents, while Google ranked the 84th place. Such an insignificant ranking may explain why Google has invested so much of USD 3.2 billion in buying smart home company - Nest Labs.

ZTE has the most patents for Internet of Things in the world - OFweek News

'Korea's competitiveness in LCD panel sector overtaken by China

By: Jung Suk-yee | businesskorea.co.kr | Posted: 30 Jun 2015, 14:10

Studies show that Korea’s competitiveness in the communication and information device sector, such as cellphones and laptop PCs, has overtaken by China in the Japanese market, and the country urgently needs to recover its international competitiveness.

Korea Economic Research Institute (KERI) announced on June 29 that there are warning signs ahead for Korea’s information technology equipment industry in a report called “Korean Information Technology Equipment Industry’s International Competitiveness Comparison of Korea, China and Japan and Policy Proposals.”

After an analysis of the international competiveness index of 193 items in the information, communication, parts and broadcasting equipment industry from 2009 to 2014, the report said that Korea’s index is lower than that of China in the communication and information equipment sector, and lower than Japan in the parts sector, including system semiconductors, on the trade between Korea, China and Japan. Also, the trend becomes more permanent.

In particular, Korea’s exports of cellphones and LCD panels, the major export items of the country, are overtaken by China in six years in the export competition to Japan.

China has a comparative advantage in various sectors in the Japanese market, including the cellphones, LCD panels, laptop PCs, secondary storage, multimedia card, wireless communication device parts, photoelectron and broadcasting equipment sectors.

The trend is more noticeable in the cellphone and LCD panel sectors. According to KERI’s comparative advantage index, Korea’s figure in the cellphone sector decreased from 5.36 in 2009 to 1.65 in 2014, while China’s figure increased from 2.04 in 2009 to 2.09 in 2014.

Also, the Korean index in the LCD panel sector significantly dropped from 18.47 in 2009 to 2.57 in 2014. However, the Chinese index, which had a large gap with Korea in 2009, grew from 3.74 in 2009 to 13.4 in 2014, increased by 3.5 times.

The report said that Korea needs to upgrade its global production system and network in order for domestic companies to be specialized in high value added production process in the reorganization of production sharing structure in Northeast Asia.

In order to do so, the country needs to upgrade its global value chain by raising China’s status from the existing specialization structure using it as its global production base to an intermediate cooperative partner, suggested the report.

Also, it stressed, “As the export structure of the domestic information technology device sector has changed from complete products to parts, Korea should promote exports of high value added key components by strengthening core technology development.”

'Korea's competitiveness in LCD panel sector overtaken by China - OFweek News

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 leaked

By: Edwin Kee | ubergizmo | Posted: 30 Jun 2015, 11:00

fac4ef5554f69012fe38d2f1d4e245a6(33).jpg

When a smartphone is about to be released, you can be sure that there will be plenty of fanfare and hype that surrounds it – more so when it is shaping up to be one of the movers and shakers, so to speak. Having said that, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is no stranger to leaks, having first appeared in a TENAA listing earlier this year, along with a rumored leak in the middle of this month. The latest leaked image was purportedly taken from within the manufacturing facility that churns out the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (among other hardware, this we are quite sure).

Touted to be unveiled on the same day as that of the Huawei Honor 7 and Meizu MX5, interesting times are ahead as all of these apparent flagships from Chinese manufacturers do look like they pack quite a punch – not only on the outside, but underneath the hood as well. In the leaked image, one will be able to see the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 feature a blue frame that surrounds the smartphone, which is a departure from the normal white color that decked the flagship models from Xiaomi in the past.

In terms of hardware, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 looks set to ship with a 5.5” display that will feature a Full HD display at 401ppi pixel density, MediaTek’s MT-6795 SoC running underneath the hood, a 13MP shooter behind and a 5MP selfie camera, a 3,000mAh battery to keep it chugging and Xiaomi’s MIUI 6 that runs on top of Android 5.0 Lollipop.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 leaked - OFweek News

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom