What's new

Wuhan residents estimate region's coronavirus death toll much higher than reported

WORLD NEWS
FEBRUARY 3, 2020 / 5:33 AM / 2 MONTHS AGO
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-not-needed-to-beat-china-virus-idUSKBN1ZX1H3

WHO chief says widespread travel bans not needed to beat China virus

GENEVA (Reuters) - World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” in trying to halt the spread of a coronavirus that has killed 361 people in China.

Tedros, who held talks in Beijing a week ago with Chinese President Xi Jinping and other leaders, coughed and interrupted his speech to take a drink of water, quipping: “Don’t worry, it’s not corona”.

China’s delegate took the floor at the WHO Executive Board and denounced measures by “some countries” that have denied entry to people holding passports issued in Hubei province - at the center of the outbreak - and to deny visas and cancel flights.

“All these measures are seriously against recommendation by the WHO,” said Li Song, who is China’s ambassador for disarmament at the United Nations in Geneva.

China’s regular Executive Board representative was unable to attend after her flight from Beijing was canceled, Chinese diplomats told reporters on Friday.

U.S. ambassador Andrew Bremberg said that the outbreak in two dozen countries required focused attention.

“We express our support, prayers, sympathy, and appreciation to the people of China and especially the health responders on the front lines, who are protecting not only their communities, but the world,” Bremberg said.
Mr Oldman, are you literally saying your whole administration, healthcare system, intelligence are stupid? The chief has definitely overestimated you guys in early Feb, and now it haunts him, blaming him for your own incompetence.
No test, No case.
Goodbye and stay safe.

Mr Oldman, are you literally saying your whole administration, healthcare system, intelligence are stupid? The chief has definitely overestimated you guys in early Feb, and now it haunts him, blaming him for your own incompetence.
No test, No case.
Goodbye and stay safe.

No, I'm saying China was stupid to say they were in control and no need for air travel ban.

Face it, East Asian countries and regions are all doing very well in this pandemic. Why it's so hard to accept that the West are not that superior after all.

Screenshot_20200331-092000__01.jpg
I just got this from a doctor in Canada...

Stop lying.

The part where you left out the fact that people in hundreds, thousands had started dying months before your lockdown.

All the while which there was zero embargo on exports of goods and traffic of people (many infected) out of Wuhan all over the world, including India.

While China locking down the entire country to fight Covid-19, the western medias critcized China of human right violation for letting people stay indoors. The medias were flooded with China bashing news. So many anti-China trolls made a life of it. Now when the west are sufferring skyhigh death toll, those trolls try to make China the scapegoat.

Some residents in Wuhan, China, believe the region's death toll is likely at least 20 times higher than numbers reported by the government.

"It can't be right," a Wuhan resident told Radio Free Asia on Friday. "The incinerators have been working round the clock, so how can so few people have died?"

He added, "They started distributing ashes and starting interment ceremonies on Monday."

Officially, there have been around 3,000 deaths in the Hubei province where Wuhan is located, but residents think the total is more likely 42,000-47,000.

They have estimated that the seven funeral homes in the Wuhan area are giving out 3,500 urns each day. Another calculation estimated the capacity for each funeral home in cremating people. Both estimates have led them to conclude that likely over 40,000 people have died in the area.

"Maybe the authorities are gradually releasing the real figures, intentionally or unintentionally, so that people will gradually come to accept the reality," a resident in the area named Mao said, adding that most people in Wuhan believe the 40,000 death toll number.

Another source said there are people who have died in their houses, but they were never treated for the coronavirus.

"Every funeral home reports data on cremations directly to the authorities twice daily," the source said. "This means that each funeral home only knows how many cremations it has conducted, but not the situation at the other funeral homes."

Bloomberg News also noted that shipments and stacks of urns in Wuhan have sparked questions about the coronavirus death toll in the area.

Accurate figures are hard to come by in China as the country has kicked out every U.S. journalistduring the crisis. Officially, the country has fewer cases of the coronavirus than the United States.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...onavirus-death-toll-much-higher-than-reported

The Chinese Govt have absolutely no fear that the people will take to the streets?

The part where you left out the fact that people in hundreds, thousands had started dying months before your lockdown.

All the while which there was zero embargo on exports of goods and traffic of people (many infected) out of Wuhan all over the world, including India.
1 there is no scientific proof saying Covid-19 is China original until now. There are many foreign reports or news talking about that.
2 When CN gov realized that corona gonna be a serious pandemic, our gov informed WHO.
3 It is almost one and half month from the lockingdown of Wuhan city to the outbreak of covid-19 in the west. Yes, you waste almost 45 days doing nothing but mocking China and ignore what the WHO offical said. Now you blame China for spreading the covid-19? SMH!

The Chinese Govt have absolutely no fear that the people will take to the streets?
During this pandemic, 99.9999999% of Chinese support our gov and appreciate what our gov has done.

1 there is no scientific proof saying Covid-19 is China original until now. There are many foreign reports or news talking about that.
2 When CN gov realized that corona gonna be a serious pandemic, our gov informed WHO.
3 It is almost one and half month from the lockingdown of Wuhan city to the outbreak of covid-19 in the west. Yes, you waste almost 45 days doing nothing but mocking China and ignore what the WHO offical said. Now you blame China for spreading the covid-19? SMH!

Bhai can you see my flags.

I'm not in the West.

I'm next door to you.

What happened to us yellow and browns looking out for one another against the evil imperialist white man?

I'll tell you. You guys have become with your increasing wealth and world impact what we call coconuts.

Brown on the outside and white on the inside.

Or in your case bananas. Yellow on the outside but whiter than the whites on the inside when it comes to how you look at countries like India and Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Economic arrogance and zero empathy.

I'm ok with yellow on brown racism. Khodai knows there's equal or more brown on yellow racism to counter it.

Bhai can you see my flags.

I'm not in the West.

I'm next door to you.

What happened to us yellow and browns looking out for one another against the evil imperialist white man?

I'll tell you. You guys have become with your increasing wealth and world impact what we call coconuts.

Brown on the outside and white on the inside.

Or in your case bananas. Yellow on the outside but whiter than the whites on the inside when it comes to how you look at countries like India and Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Economic arrogance and zero empathy.

I'm ok with yellow on brown racism. Khodai knows there's equal or more brown on yellow racism to counter it.
What the heck are you talking about?
There is no connection between Covid-19 and racism. It's only your inferiority complex.

Back
Top Bottom