What's new

WTH :Is it a Ramzan transmission or a Circus?

Yes. The argument is equally valid both ways. The law must not take any sides, offering equal protection to expression of all views.
Yes!

Perhaps the irony of expressing a view that someone else does not have the same right to express their own views is lost on you?
This too work both ways. It is the irony of expressing a view while not allowing other to express there discontent and opposition to it. :)

You and I both know that this is something that is twisted by the extremists (both kind) and no matter how long we continue we will just keep playing at this like table tennis. The truth remains that everyone is allowed to express themselves as long as it is within the defined laws for that particular society, period.

Yes!

This too work both ways. It is the irony of expressing a view while not allowing other to express there discontent and opposition to it. :)

You and I both know that this is something that is twisted by the extremists (both kind) and no matter how long we continue we will just keep playing at this like table tennis. The truth remains that everyone is allowed to express themselves as long as it is within the defined laws for that particular society, period.

Is changing the channel so hard? These programs would die out if nobody watched them. The media are only providing what their viewers want to watch. Those who do not like the content can choose not to watch. It is really as simple as that.

Is changing the channel so hard? These programs would die out if nobody watched them. The media are only providing what their viewers want to watch. Those who do not like the content can choose not to watch. It is really as simple as that.
Well why are we forcing someone to just change the channel? Why can he express if he dislikes what he sees there? Have "ignoring" ever resolved any problem at all? I told you, these people are a little bit more attached to this problem so they express there opposition to it rather then just sitting out, ignoring or criticizing it. Since it is not wrong even by the standards of the "civil societies" i don't see what is the issue. :) No one is closing them by force or banning these like some things are banned in even those civil societies. :)

Well why are we forcing someone to just change the channel? Why can he express if he dislikes what he sees there? Have "ignoring" ever resolved any problem at all? I told you, these people are a little bit more attached to this problem so they express there opposition to it rather then just sitting out, ignoring or criticizing it. Since it is not wrong even by the standards of the "civil societies" i don't see what is the issue. :) No one is closing them by force or banning these like some things are banned in even those civil societies. :)

We are not forcing anyone to watch what they dislike, and we are not depriving anyone of programs they do want to watch. That is why TVs have change channel and on-off switches - to be used by viewers in their own homes to decide what the want to watch or not..

We are not forcing anyone to watch what they dislike, and we are not depriving anyone of programs they do want to watch. That is why TVs have change channel and on-off switches - to be used by viewers in their own homes to decide what the want to watch or not..
lolz,,
well isn't it what i just replied to?
Why even force to change? why the restriction on "not saying" that they don't like it?
As i said, no one is closing these programs by force either, all they are doing is to "ask" as there right being Pakistani citizen to stop this. Now surely the concerned bodies have to decide who's request holds more weight and then act accordingly.
Again, as i mentioned dear, these are the people who are a bit more attached or concerned then you perhaps and just "ignoring" is not a solution for them. Now is it is a solution for anyone i am not sure.

why the restriction on "not saying" that they don't like it?

Who has placed any restriction on expressing personal dislikes? Demanding a blanket ban is the issue.

these are the people who are a bit more attached or concerned then you perhaps and just "ignoring" is not a solution for them.

These people must learn how to be more tolerant of a diversity of views other than their own.

Who has placed any restriction on expressing personal dislikes? Demanding a blanket ban is the issue.
It is the "demand" or "demanding" that the liberal society cannot have an issue with, no matter what that demand is. Now if is that can be or should be met or not is for the concerned authorities to decide. My point only is that "demanding" cant be wrong according to the laws of the progressive world.

These people must learn how to be more tolerant of a diversity of views other than their own.
ALL these people, YES!
No argument on that. Extremists of all kinds, shapes and sizes are to be dealt with and if we are to go anywhere forward, they need to be more tolerant.

My point only is that "demanding" cant be wrong according to the laws of the progressive world.

Any demand that denies others the same rights of expression is definitely against the principles of a progressive society, no two ways about it.

Any demand that denies others the same rights of expression is definitely against the principles of a progressive society, no two ways about it.
i cant see who one demand can be against principles of the society? just because the program have started so now expression against it is wrong? If the program was not on air yet the a demand to start it would have been wrong too? I don't think so. I believe, what little i know about "progressive societies" they do not seem to have any problems with "demanding" even if it is morally wrong. The problems comes when the will is forced upon others but in this case it is just a demand, an expression and a a thought!

The problems comes when the will is forced upon others but in this case it is just a demand, an expression and a a thought!

Actually, it is only a matter of time before such a minority opinion is forced upon the larger society in Pakistan, as has happened many times in the past. There are no protections to prevent such impositions in Pakistan, whereas the rule of law in civilized societies makes it impossible to force such restrictions.

Actually, it is only a matter of time before such a minority opinion is forced upon the larger society in Pakistan, as has happened many times in the past. There are no protections to prevent such impositions in Pakistan, whereas the rule of law in civilized societies makes it impossible to force such restrictions.
Well that is an opinion and opinion of one man cant change the or determine how that society works. What will happen is a separate debate and was never the issue. :)

Well that is an opinion and opinion of one man cant change the or determine how that society works. What will happen is a separate debate and was never the issue. :)

Hasn't PEMRA already received enough formal complaints to start the process of banning?

Hasn't PEMRA already received enough formal complaints to start the process of banning?
So?
If enough people are against this or something they would have received enough complains as well. That is the administrative side of the problem, the legal side. Who they choose to act is something i should not interfere with.

So?
If enough people are against this or something they would have received enough complains as well. That is the administrative side of the problem, the legal side. Who they choose to act is something i should not interfere with.

But that is the point - censorship only emboldens those who wish to enforce their narrow over over everyone else. It always fails in the long run.

But that is the point - censorship only emboldens those who wish to enforce their narrow over over everyone else. It always fails in the long run.
So you are now saying that censorship is what is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom