What's new

WTH :Is it a Ramzan transmission or a Circus?

Why shouldn't they?
Just like any other law running a civilized state, isn't this also a mean to enforce some rules and laws?

Rules and Laws are the bedrock of any civilized society, but one cannot legislate or enforce morality, nor prescribe or promote any particular set of view to the exclusion of others.

Rules and Laws are the bedrock of any civilized society, but one cannot legislate or enforce morality, nor prescribe or promote any particular set of view to the exclusion of others.
Well if it is not based on morality or a set of views, what are these Laws and Rules then based on? :what:

Equality and Justice for ALL.
And what it this what you call justice? isn't it something based on common human values? Doesn't these laws have something to do with the culture or beliefs of the set of people making them or of those for whom these are being made. For me, if the laws made by God are not what we are following then these must be something made by men and there will be a lot of factors effecting these laws.

And what it this what you call justice? isn't it something based on common human values? Doesn't these laws have something to do with the culture or beliefs of the set of people making them or of those for whom these are being made. For me, if the laws made by God are not what we are following then these must be something made by men and there will be a lot of factors effecting these laws.

Yes, justice demands that all views have an equal right to be expressed. Laws that cater to enforcing one particular set of beliefs or opinions are bound to fail, as we can see. These programs will die a natural death if not enough people watch them. Their popularity is only because so many people like to watch their content.

Yes, justice demands that all views have an equal right to be expressed. Laws that cater to enforcing one particular set of beliefs or opinions are bound to fail, as we can see. These programs will die a natural death if not enough people watch them. Their popularity is only because so many people like to watch their content.
True,,
Equal right to express, support or opposition, that is what i have been talking about. A person talking against such programs is just as much of a threat to this civilized society as a person talking against the person who was talking :)
If the civilized society can understand that.

True,,
Equal right to express, support or opposition, that is what i have been talking about. A person talking against such programs is just as much of a threat to this civilized society as a person talking against the person who was talking :)
If the civilized society can understand that.

Talking against such programs is fine. Demanding a ban by complaints to PEMRA (as has happened many times in similar contexts) is not.

I point your attention to this previous post in this thread:

I can disagree with your views, but I will always support your right to express them. That is the key difference to learn.

However, expressing a view that others do not have a right to air whatever views they might hold does not deserve support.

Talking against such programs is fine. Demanding a ban by complaints to PEMRA (as has happened many times in similar contexts) is not.

I point your attention to this previous post in this thread:

However, expressing a view that others do not have a right to air whatever views they might hold does not deserve support.
Well you are not understanding what the "views" in this case is. One group may want this to go on, other want it to stop, where is the difference? They both have a right to ask and express what they feel the right. The thing is that once a decision is made the other should accept and respect that.

Also i still feel that if you see these programs for 10 - 15 minutes, you will screw free will :lol: and share the views of the posters who think these programs are actually quite absurd and there is no need for them to be here. I guess that is what was being said. (on a serious note, i am no one to decide if these are right or wrong but i do have a right to express my feelings and asking the authorities to deal with this, what is decided have to be respected then)

One group may want this to go on, other want it to stop, where is the difference?

One group cannot demand that the other group with differing views should be stopped from expressing their own views. That is the key difference. Everybody should be made to understand that all views deserve to be expressed, not just the ones that one agrees with.

Let all views be expressed. If one group does not like the content of such programs, they should change the channel. Problem solved. What legal right should anyone have to demand that certain content not to be aired?

One group cannot demand that the other group with differing views should be stopped from expressing their own views. That is the key difference. Everybody should be made to understand that all views deserve to be expressed, not just the ones that one agrees with.

Let all views be expressed. If one group does not like the content of such programs, they should change the channel. Problem solved. What legal right should anyone have to demand that certain content not to be aired?
:lol: Come on, what are you saying yaar?
Since the TV started showing this program so it is a norm now and if someone asks for this to be stopeed then that is not covered by the "free will" thingy?
Suppose if this program was not being aired and some other sensible one was and then someone came to say that that program is stopped and this one is aired, will that be wrong too?

Perhaps you are reading too much into this situation. We are just talking about the right to express yourself about something. This program IS running so those who are opposed to this will express themselves by saying that this should be stopped, those who are in favor will say that this should be continued. It could have been the other way around as well and that wont have changed the criteria as well.

I told you, the people who are commenting on it here are mostly more closely attached to what happens on Pakistani TV then just turning it off. It would hold true if it was some US channel, or UK or Indian channel, then these people can do what you are proposing but since it is our own channel they are more related to it and have more to say about it.

Suppose if this program was not being aired and some other sensible one was and then someone came to say that that program is stopped and this one is aired, will that be wrong too?

Yes. The argument is equally valid both ways. The law must not take any sides, offering equal protection to expression of all views.

We are just talking about the right to express yourself about something.

Perhaps the irony of expressing a view that someone else does not have the same right to express their own views is lost on you?

They have to come out with some kinda code of conduct for these shows. It's just getting outta control. There is that clown liaqat Aamir who's totally out of control with his antics.

Back
Top Bottom