What's new

WOW !! I Never Knew About Operation Searchlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I need to be an expert on rape to say it's bad.

This is your comment:
I have to admit that I am not up on my Pakistan history but Holy Cow !!! Three million deaths and 400,000 rapes !!! You guys pulled some serious shit !! Maybe some Pakistanis' on this site need to keep their suck holes shut about the U.S. 'Systematic...Genocidal rape'.........WOW !!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

The US has killed A million in Iraq, most probably another million in Afghanistan, add Vietnam and Korea, apart from nuking japan killing millions in the WW2 in Europe raping millions of Axis women. Today US soldiers got more civilized after Iraqi/Afghani rapes they got orders to rape their own women (female soldiers) to keep it a US affair and not an international affair of war crimes.

:cheers:
The casualty figures you quoted are exaggerated, significantly. The atrocities that did occur were committed by all sides, the East Pakistani terrorists (supported by India) as well as some units of the Pakistani military and pro-West Pakistan irregulars.

There is an extensive discussion on the veracity of these exagerated claims as well as the atrocities committed by the East Pakistani terrorists supported by India on this thread:

The atrocities in the 1971 civil war

Read through this thread (there are some others that you can dig up as well) if you are really interested in hearing "both sides":

The atrocities in the 1971 civil war

Look who is back

The US has killed A million in Iraq, most probably another million in Afghanistan, add Vietnam and Korea, apart from nuking japan killing millions in the WW2 in Europe raping millions of Axis women. Today US soldiers got more civilized after Iraqi/Afghani rapes they got orders to rape their own women (female soldiers) to keep it a US affair and not an international affair of war crimes.

See ? Did I call it, or what.:usflag:

Stop reading some fake stuff...or you wanna follow something blindly?

Just think for a moment, is it possible for an army of 42000 troops to fight terrorists, crush uprising, protect border with hostile enemy country & then kill 3 million people & rape 4 million of them?

Read Bose...she is a Bangladeshi & Hindu...she explained a lot & quite balanced.

Sharmila Bose is not Bangladeshi, she is an Indian. And her book has been comprehensively rubbished by almost every credible historian.

I don't want to go on about the past that we are all trying to move on from, but mass killings by Pak forces did happen. Nowhere near 3m but many thousands. The countries' Intellectuals were target killed. Hundreds of women were raped. There are many living eyewitnesses to these matters (Bd, Pakistanis and Indian) so better to accept it and move on.

Muktis did kill many in revenge, especially Biharis, but it is a truth that Bdesh does not deny and is still dealing with today.

@boomslang l Buddy we are just trying to help you understand this event better.

It was a 'civil war' in which a lot of people were killed on both sides.

East Pakistan Army was outnumbered by a factor of 1:15 in some cases 1:25. The rebels had full backing from India which sent its uniformed soldiers after 10 months of planning and its ally the soviet union.

The numbers of the killed and raped are just a plain lie. Atrocities were comited by us but these figures are a pure work of harry potter.

Bangladesh is a free country since 71. If they still want, they can produce an archeological proof and take us to international arbitration. If we are proven guilty, we will offer a state apology, compensation and bring any individuals responsible who are still alive to face justice.

Bangladesh govt is not doing ut because there is no proof to their claim.

the question is not about the count, the real question is that why does it happened in first place. Might be a result of military strategy or the resistance was that strong our Army ran crazy. And why the fcuk the perpetrators were not trailed as war criminals?
it was a strategy to suppress the uprising, which is why its a genocide. Its not about numbers alone but the intent. It does not have to be millions (like jews).
10k muslims killed by serbs in bosnia is called genocide too due to the systematic way they went on to carry out the killing.
war crime trials are exception than rule, most armies in the world get away with it.

Dude....really ?
Well, genius, if 40,000 Pakistani soldiers could rape 400,000 women and murder 3,000,000 people within a few months they must be some supermen with such capabilities. Only a idiot with a pea size brain would fall for such bullsh!t, i hope your not that idiot. Which is why not a single Pakistani Soldier or officer has been put on trial in an international court because surely no one believes this shit and there is no evidence to support such propaganda.

@Abu Nasar @DESERT FIGHTER @Akheilos @Aeronaut @Armstrong @qamar1990

Last edited:
it was a strategy to suppress the uprising, which is why its a genocide. Its not about numbers alone but the intent. It does not have to be millions (like jews).
10k muslims killed by serbs in bosnia is called genocide too due to the systematic way they went on to carry out the killing.
war crime trials are exception than rule, most armies in the world get away with it.
Numbers and intent BOTH matter - "suppressing an uprising" does not constitute genocide, unless the "suppression" is accomplished through the deliberate extermination of a particular demographic group.

Small scale atrocities might have been used as a means to promote fear in the local populace and therefore prevent additional local support for the East Pakistani terrorists/rebels, but again, promoting fear without any intention of "reducing the Bengali population to a minority/manageable size" does not constitute genocide.

The Serbian atrocities are called "genocide" because, regardless of the actual numbers, the intent of the Serbs was to either wipe out the local Bosnian populace or reduce them to an extremely small "manageable minority".

The Pakistani Army never displayed any intent to systematically exterminate the local Bengali populace.

Well, genius, if 40,000 Pakistani soldiers could rape 400,000 women and murder 3,000,000 people within a few months they must be some supermen with such capabilities. Only a idiot with a pea size brain would fall for such bullsh!t, i hope your not that idiot. Which is why not a single Pakistani Soldier or officer has been out on trial in an international court because surely no one believes this shit and there is no evidence to support such propaganda.

@Abu Nasar @DESERT FIGHTER @Akheilos @Aeronaut @Armstrong @qamar1990

Do we need to do the math, Einstein ? Let's.... 400,000 rapes divided by 40,000 Pakistani soldiers is 10 rapes each. Over the course of eight months, it's 1.25 rapes per month per Pakistani soldier. Hardly a mean feat. Do I need to continue ?

Numbers and intent BOTH matter - "suppressing an uprising" does not constitute genocide, unless the "suppression" is accomplished through the deliberate extermination of a particular demographic group.

Small scale atrocities might have been used as a means to promote fear in the local populace and therefore prevent additional local support for the East Pakistani terrorists/rebels, but again, promoting fear without any intention of "reducing the Bengali population to a minority/manageable size" does not constitute genocide.
i would agree about the bold bit, its not literally genocide, but we have come to accept systematic killing in big number (of random civilians) constitute genocide.
I dont see how bosnian episode be called genocide otherwise. check the cppcg definition too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom