What's new

WOW !! I Never Knew About Operation Searchlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, what subjects are old and tired are not easy to determine by those not frequently exposed to said subjects in the past.

Although not exactly diplomatic to post anything of this nature regarding the forum host country, I think the list of banned subjects in the "Announcements" forum can help prevent the flame-bait type threads.

Edit: I am not advocating a list that protects the pride or sensitivity of one country compared to the other, since I do not condone banning any sort of informational exchange. But if a subject is truly exhausted, I can see the standards for discussion being much higher than normal. For example, a mature conversation regarding Nanking is one thing, but someone starting a thread called "Zomg the Japanese pwned the Chinese!" is not the same.

I didn't post this to get banned but I 'smell' it coming. Honestly, l never heard of this till I read a small article on it in the Phila. Inquirer today.
You have never heard of it, yet you made some biased comments after the article!?

Love , Pimple and Genocides : You just can't hide :drag:

Now, next 30 pages will be dominated by Pakistanis , proving their innocence :blah::blah::blah::blah:

Good that we cleaned BD from those perpetrators of genocide. :whistle:
So you could rape 400 000 women in peace, the only ones we are still hearing commiting gang rapes are ******

Last edited by a moderator:
1971 Bangladesh Genocide
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1971 Bangladesh atrocities)

1971 Bangladesh genocide
Part of the Bangladesh Liberation War
Location East Pakistan
Date 25 March – 16 December 1971
(8 months, 2 weeks and 3 days)
Target Bengali population
Attack type Deportation, ethnic cleansing, mass murder, genocidal rape
Deaths Estimated between 300,000 and 3,000,000
Perpetrators Pakistan Armed Forces
Jamaat-e-Islami
Shanti committee
Razakars
Al-Badr
Al-Shams

The genocide in Bangladesh began on 26 March 1971 with the launch of Operation Searchlight, as West Pakistan began a military crackdown on the Eastern wing of the nation to suppress Bengali calls for self-determination. During the nine-month long Bangladesh war for independence, members of the Pakistani military and supporting militias killed between 300,000–3,000,000 people and raped between 200,000–400,000 Bangladeshi women in a systematic campaign of genocidal rape

I have to admit that I am not up on my Pakistan history but Holy Cow !!! Three million deaths and 400,000 rapes !!! You guys pulled some serious shit !! Maybe some Pakistanis' on this site need to keep their suck holes shut about the U.S. 'Systematic...Genocidal rape'.........WOW !!!!

Stop reading some fake stuff...or you wanna follow something blindly?

Just think for a moment, is it possible for an army of 42000 troops to fight terrorists, crush uprising, protect border with hostile enemy country & then kill 3 million people & rape 4 million of them?

Read Bose...she is a Bangladeshi & Hindu...she explained a lot & quite balanced.

Highly motivated, maybe ? I don't know the mechanics of mass rape and murder. Even if we go with the low end numbers it's something that should make some guys think before they badmouth other countries (U.S) so readily.:usflag:

Talk some sense...they were so highly motivated that they transform into Super humans...:lol::lol::crazy:

1971 Bangladesh Genocide
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1971 Bangladesh atrocities)

1971 Bangladesh genocide
Part of the Bangladesh Liberation War
Location East Pakistan
Date 25 March – 16 December 1971
(8 months, 2 weeks and 3 days)
Target Bengali population
Attack type Deportation, ethnic cleansing, mass murder, genocidal rape
Deaths Estimated between 300,000 and 3,000,000
Perpetrators Pakistan Armed Forces
Jamaat-e-Islami
Shanti committee
Razakars
Al-Badr
Al-Shams

The genocide in Bangladesh began on 26 March 1971 with the launch of Operation Searchlight, as West Pakistan began a military crackdown on the Eastern wing of the nation to suppress Bengali calls for self-determination. During the nine-month long Bangladesh war for independence, members of the Pakistani military and supporting militias killed between 300,000–3,000,000 people and raped between 200,000–400,000 Bangladeshi women in a systematic campaign of genocidal rape

I have to admit that I am not up on my Pakistan history but Holy Cow !!! Three million deaths and 400,000 rapes !!! You guys pulled some serious shit !! Maybe some Pakistanis' on this site need to keep their suck holes shut about the U.S. 'Systematic...Genocidal rape'.........WOW !!!!

And you believe that?

This 'theory' has been debunked many times over.

the question is not about the count, the real question is that why does it happened in first place. Might be a result of military strategy or the resistance was that strong our Army ran crazy. And why the fcuk the perpetrators were not trailed as war criminals?

And you believe that?

This 'theory' has been debunked many times over.

Wikipedia is only a vehicle for the delivery of information. The people who contribute the information (which could be anyone, it is an open project) are required to post footnotes that denote a source at the bottom of the article.

If someone is posting false information, or their source is questionable, it is up to the community at large to force it to be changed or face removal. On the flip side, true information is never removed only because it hurts someone's feelings.

The more contributors, the more reliable the information provided is. Because 80% of Wikipedia consumers are not American, I feel that it is probably one of the more reliable and fact-checked international information repositories, although not anywhere near perfect. If you can convincingly show that there is propaganda type nonsense, I encourage anyone to help Wiki out and participate.

Now, next 30 pages will be dominated by Pakistanis , proving their innocence :blah::blah::blah::blah:
While I understand that the Indians would prefer to see the atrocious lies about "millions killed and hundreds of thousands raped by the PA" go unchallenged, that really is not going to happen.

As I pointed out to the OP, read the existing threads that debunk these exaggerated figures and, if you can somehowsummon the ability, argue against the points made by "Pakistanis proving their innocence".

Behind the myth of 3 million: true story of bloody birth of Bangladesh
Did Pakistan commit genocide and kill 3 million people in East Pakistan in 1971?

Dr. M. Abdul Mu’min Chowdhury, a Bengali nationalist who actively participated in the separatist cause, spoke out in 1996 to tell the true story of what went on during that war. He says the allegations against Pakistan were entirely cooked up and the actual death toll was much lower than the falsely fabricated 3 million figure. He cited an extensive range of sources to show that what the Pakistani army was carrying out in East Pakistan was a limited counter-insurgency, not at all a genocide.

He questions the conventional narrative of an oppressed, downtrodden Bengali nation fighting a brave and noble war of “liberation” from a tyrannical regime in the face of impossible hardship only to emerge as a free nation to whom the future now belonged. He says that greed for personal power and Indian predatory ambitions against its only regional counterweight were the only things that motivated the players who incited the breakup of the only homeland created for the Muslims of the subcontinent.
He explains how the allegations of genocide were artificially cooked up and from where the “absolutely impossible” 3 million figure was hatched, and anyone who tried to dig for the real truth in those days was murdered. He gives research-based details of each major incident that was blamed on Pakistan: the killing of intellectuals in Dhaka University, killings elsewhere in Dhaka, the murder of 5,000 Buddhists and 17,000 Awami Leaguers, the massacres and destruction visited on Kushtia, Jessore, Khulna and Chittagong, and the rapes of 400,000 women resulting in 200,000 pregnancies.

He then goes on to explain another category of atrocities committed by the so-called “liberators” that anti-Pakistan propagandists have whitewashed from all historic record, these were carried out against large numbers of East Pakistanis that fought for Pakistan and just about everyone who did not support Mukti Bahini. He describes the savage and gruesome ways they (he gives actual names and credentials of the victims) were murdered and otherwise brutalized and recounts the stories survivors themselves told, and apportions responsibility directly to Mukti Bahini and Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rehman, who was an Indian collaborator since the mid-1950s.
He says the true story must be told otherwise Bangladesh will never be a truly free nation and a normal member of the international community or the comity of Islamic nations. He says only the truth will enable reconciliation between Pakistanis and Bengalis and enable them to move on from the past and move toward the future together as brotherly nations like they used to be at one time.

Behind the myth of 3 million: true story of bloody birth of Bangladesh | Madina-e-Sani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom