What's new

Wow, an OPPO smartphone factory tour...

I hope China's top manufacturers such as Gree, Haier, Huawei and CRRC can lead the trend, leading China in the competition of the ongoing technological revolution.

I real admire Ms Dong Mingzhu as the chairman and CEO or Gree Electrics.
She has totally transformed an ordinary state-owned company (Gree belongs to Zhuhai City) to one of the best white good producers in the world. And now she is leading Gree in automation, robotics industry and green technology.

You will hear it a lot in PDF. :rolleyes:

Do you think Modi's Make in India campaign will succeed? I personally think it will bring in some manufacturing jobs, but overall it will be a failure.

Do you think Modi's Make in India campaign will succeed? I personally think it will bring in some manufacturing jobs, but overall it will be a failure.
It depends on is his team aware of the technological revolution?
Or as one of the members @Bussard Ramjet thinks, it's not important.
If they think it important, then compete with China/Japan/SK/Germany.
If they think it not important, then compete with Southeast Asia and all other developing countries.

https://defence.pk/threads/five-year-plan-of-china-工业强国-robot-theme-wedding.445479/

It depends on is his team aware of the technological revolution?
Or as one of the members @Bussard Ramjet thinks, it's not important.
If they think it important, then compete with China/Japan/SK/Germany.
If they think it not important, then compete with Southeast Asia and all other developing countries.

I don't think Modi's team is aware that India has missed the boat on manufacturing. Make in India will fail because the robotic revolution that is taking place in China and other manufacturing powerhouses. These manufacturing jobs are not coming to India. India therefore will have to find other ways to employ hundreds of millions of her young but unskilled and uneducated citizens.

Here is what RBI governor Raguram Rajan said about Make in India:

Not sure Make in India will work out, says Raghuram Rajan

"I am cautioning against picking a particular sector such as manufacturing for encouragement, simply because it has worked well for China. India is different and developing at a different time, and we should be agnostic about what will work," Rajan said while speaking at the Bharat Ram Memorial Lecture at Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi.

Rajan said when India pushes manufacturing exports, it will have China to contend with and an export-led growth will not be as easy as it was for the Asian economies who took that path before India. "I am counselling against an export led strategy that involves subsidising exporters with cheap inputs as well as an undervalued exchange rate, simply because it is unlikely to be as effective at this juncture," he added.

I don't think Modi's team is aware that India has missed the boat on manufacturing. Make in India will fail because the robotic revolution that is taking place in China and other manufacturing powerhouses. These manufacturing jobs are not coming to India. India therefore will have to find other ways to employ hundreds of millions of her young but unskilled and uneducated citizens.

Here is what RBI governor Raguram Rajan said about Make in India:

Not sure Make in India will work out, says Raghuram Rajan

"I am cautioning against picking a particular sector such as manufacturing for encouragement, simply because it has worked well for China. India is different and developing at a different time, and we should be agnostic about what will work," Rajan said while speaking at the Bharat Ram Memorial Lecture at Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi.

Rajan said when India pushes manufacturing exports, it will have China to contend with and an export-led growth will not be as easy as it was for the Asian economies who took that path before India. "I am counselling against an export led strategy that involves subsidising exporters with cheap inputs as well as an undervalued exchange rate, simply because it is unlikely to be as effective at this juncture," he added.
There are some concerns....is such old manufacturing road put to an end facing this revolution?
Is the once magic demographic dividend now becoming a total demographic disaster?
India is receiving some jobs, but that momentum is way slower than young people entering the job market....
Especially for the low-skilled young generations from the countryside, the future is really uncertain, since many labor-intensive industries are escalating to a higher level.

Well, that's not my concern. In China, our priority is to take active part in this revolution and try our best not just to follow but to lead the trend. With automation, we can provide our medium-skilled labour at least $1000 per month with extra insurance and pension. If u can handle those sophisticated work such as precision welding, $2000 per month is not high. (bus ticket in China is 15 cents-30 cents)

Please do elaborate.

Did you read the articles and watch the videos posted in this thread? How many human workers did you see in the videos of these automated factories?

The manufacturing jobs are not coming to India because they are being done by robots. India will have to find other employment for its unskilled, uneducated young people.

Of course, the robots cannot yet replace humans at making garments, but even garment jobs are not coming to India because Bangladesh and Vietnam have already monopolized the market.

India has missed the boat yet again.

Did you read the articles and watch the videos posted in this thread? How many human workers did you see in the videos of these automated factories?

The manufacturing jobs are not coming to India because they are being done by robots. India will have to find other employment for its unskilled, uneducated young people.

Who was talking about unskilled workers? Do you know about projects like Skill India.

There is still a lot of manpower requirement for Indian industries- a good example of how industrial development will drive employment growth would be Tata's Sanand plant.

You can keep ranting as long as you want. The keen interest of MNC's in this program & India's industrial corridors say something else.

Anyway don't use too much of catchphrases like 'India's uneducated young population'. If you know a thing about India's progress in youth literacy rate, that is.

Do I have to post screen prints from Bharat Rakrashak and Defense Forum India to show how low Indians are? Before lecturing others clean your own backyard first.

@waz @Horus @Horus please clean thread of off topic and insulting stuff. Also take unbiased action against anyone who doesn't follow PDF rules.

and who are you mr. self proclaimed wise one ?? Listen before lecturing me on with reference to some other forum you must know that I am on' this forum'... I didnt take your permission before coming to this forum and I dont need your lecture on what goes on in some other forum. So stop quoting me and wasting mu time on these ...next time quote me when you have anything relevant on topic.

and who are you mr. self proclaimed wise one ?? Listen before lecturing me on with reference to some other forum you must know that I am on' this forum'... I didnt take your permission before coming to this forum and I dont need your lecture on what goes on in some other forum. So stop quoting me and wasting mu time on these ...next time quote me when you have anything relevant on topic.

You just showed your real face, which Indians usually show on Bharat Rakshak & Defence Forum India and occasionally on PDF. :D

@waz @Horus @Oscar please also keep out these so called professors who lecture Pakistanis and can't face truth.

You just showed your real face, which Indians usually show on Bharat Rakshak & Defence Forum India and occasionally on PDF. :D

@waz @Horus @Oscar please also keep out these so called professors who lecture Pakistanis and can't face truth.

seems like you have been visting this forum which you keep mentioning a lot more than Indians.. and they seem to have pinched you real bad. If you dont want to see the bad face..dont be the bad face to start with.

seems like you have been visting this forum which you keep mentioning a lot more than Indians.. and they seem to have pinched you real bad. If you dont want to see the bad face..dont be the bad face to start with.

I keep visiting there to see how much hypocrisy Indians are doing here, I m not a member of those forums because I m not a hypocrite.
@Zarvan can shed light on those forums.

I keep visiting there to see how much hypocrisy Indians are doing here, I m not a member of those forums because I m not a hypocrite.
@Zarvan can shed light on those forums.

So if someone is not a member there then he is not a hypocrite right ? by that rule you cant call me hypocrite either since I am not a member there. ....but you know what..I dont even visit that site like you do. And If you really fee bad there you shouldnt visit there at all. Now... I think I am wasting too much time on you and discussion of forums that you visit. Next time be on topic and quote me, as I feel you dont deserve my replies and time for your off topic rants. Call me when you are done trolling.

I real admire Ms Dong Mingzhu as the chairman and CEO or Gree Electrics.
She has totally transformed an ordinary state-owned company (Gree belongs to Zhuhai City) to one of the best white good producers in the world. And now she is leading Gree in automation, robotics industry and green technology.

GREE is now the world’s largest specialized air conditioner manufacturer with over 47,000 employees, factories in China, Brazil, Pakistan and Vietnam, selling in more than 100 countries. Yes, more robotics can be used to automate manufacturing of AC components, household AC. Manpower can focus on building large-size AC, central AC, enterprise AC solutions.

Below is a household AC made in Pakistan.

Gree-G10-Inverter-AC-Price-in-Pakistan-Model-2015.jpg

Last edited:
GREE is now the world’s largest specialized air conditioner manufacturer with over 47,000 employees, factories in China, Brazil, Pakistan and Vietnam, selling in more than 100 countries. Yes, more robotics can be used to automate manufacturing of AC components, household AC. Manpower can focus on building large-size AC, central AC, enterprise AC solutions.

Below is a household AC made in Pakistan.

View attachment 328165

Gree is looking beyond air-conditioners and making foray into li-ion batteries and electric vehicles:lol::enjoy:

Gree makes foray into electric car race

By Li Fusheng (China Daily)Updated: 2016-08-22 07:44

eca86bd9df041924ab0c5f.jpg

A person passes by a Gree outlet in Yichang, Hubei province. Zhou Jianping / For China Daily

China's largest air conditioner manufacturer is jumping on the electric vehicle bandwagon having agreed to pay 13 billion yuan ($2 billion) to acquire an automaker in Guangdong province.

Gree Electric Appliances Inc will fund the takeover of Zhuhai Yinlong New Energy Co by selling 834.9 million new shares at 15.57 yuan apiece, about 19 percent lower than the stock's last traded price, according to its filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange on Aug 18.

Gree shares have been halted from trading since Feb 22 "because of a possible important takeover". Its shares will remain suspended until after the Shenzhen stock exchange and other government agencies review and approve the acquisition, the appliance maker said in a statement on Aug 18.

Established in 2004, Yinlong started making inroads into the new energy sector in 2009. The company sold 3,189 electric buses in 2015, seizing a 3.6 percent market share in China.

It has a lineup of seven electric passenger cars and 18 electric buses, according to its website, and also manufactures lithium-ion batteries as well as controller systems for electric vehicles.

Gree's President Dong Mingzhu has long made public that the company plans to produce electric cars as part of its strategy to diversify its business interests.

She told China Daily earlier this year that Gree's business activities will range from its core air conditioners and white goods to smartphones, new energy vehicles and intelligent equipment.

The company launched its second generation of smartphones in June, after an almost year-long trial operation of its first batch, which were only sold to employees for testing purposes.

Auto industry analysts believe Gree's foray into the electric car making sector is mainly a result of the favorable policies, including subsidies, that have been introduced to promote and develop the sector.

China, already the largest new energy vehicle market in the world, plans to put 5 million such vehicles on its road by 2020.

Some reports, however, have suggested that Gree's takeover is aimed more at Yinlong's battery technology than its cars.

Dong revealed in March that Gree is developing new products that would serve air conditioners and generate electricity for home appliances under the same roof, reported the Automotive Business Review magazine.

The report said such products would require electricity generation and storage technologies, which Yinlong has specialized in.

Gree also released its mid-year financial report on Thursday. Its net profit rose 12 percent to 6.4 billion yuan in the first half of the year while its revenue slipped 1.85 percent to 49.2 billion yuan.

Its revenue slumped nearly a third to 99.8 billion yuan in 2015, the company's first annual salesdecline on record.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/motoring/2016-08/22/content_26554418.htm

Back
Top Bottom