What's new

Would Urdu become extinct ??

Well if we want to spread Urdu instead of English then it might take time. If you talk about the English then now its our major need!

to me its not a big deal if the official language in Pakistan is English instead of Urdu. I won't give example of India, or talk about india because Indians mosty took things from others in history (no offense) like they merged Urdu and Sunskrit (or whatever it spelled lol) and tried their best to make it renounced as Hindi. If fact by doing this, they even damaged the grace of Urdu. I think they are afraid or just shy to accept it as Urdu, just to call it Hindi, they disturbed the structure and spellings of words and named this modified, damanged urdu language as Hindi.

Coming back towards the point, if we look at history, Britans also learned other languages centuries ago for sake of knowledge. Everyone knows they've stolen the books from Muslims and then learned their languages to explore these books. Remember at that time, they were way behind then Muslims. Today things are almost similar for us, we are way behind them, and they are pretty much dominating in all the fields of Science and Technology. We to learn from them, we need to master their things, and for this English should be the first step forward.

Its really ridiculous, when ppl say that English should be removed from Pakistan and we must do everything in Urdu. Well here is an example. Back in early 90's Govt decided to translate few of courses in Urdu so that students can learn these modern subjects in Urdu with greater ease. Thus text books of Economics, Statistics etc were translated into urdu which gave choice to Students about Medium of language for these courses. Now as Urdu is mixture of languages, and thus it lakes with number of words. For example, we have several words in English which represent "Covering Distance" like Travel, Journy, Voyage, Adventure etc. but we have only 1 in urdu for this "Safar karna". So this made the translated courses more difficult to understand for students even though they were in Urdu.

So over the passage of time, today, almost 80% of students prefer to study these subject in English instead of Urdu, the use of ver difficult undu words in these subjects have made it way more difficult to understand as compared to english.

Just an example how they defined Linear Programming :

خطی یا سطری پروگرام یا خطی/ سطری طور پر پروگرام کرنا

lool

What is "پروگرام" ? we don't have any word in Urdu to Translate it, that's why even the subject is in Urdu, we mostly have to study the terms in english but with greater problems and efforts. Also how many of us use these terms (خطی/ سطری) in our normal day life..? I think no one.

Sir, You do not need to make fun of a language which is one of the oldest language exist on earth jut compare if the same tone is used for Arabi/Farsi.

Second point is, You need a history lesson for language evolutions of subcontinent. Hindi (Pure) is developed from Sanskrit and Urdu is developed from mixture of Hindi + Arabic + Persian and that is why it has come up as common man's language in Northern India (known as Ganga Jamuni Tahzeeb). So no one is buyer of your rants here.

Indians mosty took things from others in history (no offense) like they merged Urdu and Sunskrit (or whatever it spelled lol) and tried their best to make it renounced as Hindi.

no doubt commonly spoken Hindi has many words from urdu but the proper hindi has nothing to do with Urdu...even a simple googling of two minutes with teach you this...when you will come across the main consituents of hindi like Devanagari, Braj, Awadhi and Khari boli....so please stop your BS saying hindi is a merged language of Urdu and Sanskrit (this is how it spelled).

If fact by doing this, they even damaged the grace of Urdu. I think they are afraid or just shy to accept it as Urdu, just to call it Hindi, they disturbed the structure and spellings of words and named this modified, damanged urdu language as Hindi.

Urdu among your own people is so rare that its grace is getting damaged..you should thank Indians that many parts of India is still keeping this beautiful language alive....

and as far as Indians being frightened to name hindi as urdu shows what knowledge you have in this regard..will you call Urdu as Hindi ?? no..similarly Hindi is different from Urdu so please search more before insulting any language.....and please stick to your discussion to Urdu if you dont know about the language you are commenting...

Why is it that every thread and top have to have fight between pakistani and indian members? lol

Because Indians and Pakistanis love each other and can not remain without a fight.lol.

@pak-eyes and Ahmad- guys I was following this interesting thread and was keen on learning from this debate when one of your members just dragged in Hindi and sanskrit and said some not so good words about it (see his post)....If you dont like it, thats a different thing but just insulting it without having a proper knowledg of it will definitely draw bad reactions..

@pak-eyes and Ahmad- guys I was following this interesting thread and was keen on learning from this debate when one of your members just dragged in Hindi and sanskrit and said some not so good words about it (see his post)....If you dont like it, thats a different thing but just insulting it without having a proper knowledg of it will definitely draw bad reactions..

This is always like that, one member starts the fire/fight and the other members put petrol on it lol, every bloody single thread lol, no matter what the topic is.

This is always like that, one member starts the fire/fight and the other members put petrol on it lol, every bloody single thread lol, no matter what the topic is.

:D true...:lol:

english should be eliminated in pakistan

where as the title is funny, but concerns are urdu is not getting respect as a national language, english is a foreign language and it is treated like it is more important than urdu

Sir G not possible ,angrezi cant be elimanated , Sir syed said "" Abida chamki na thi english say jab begana thi .......... ab hai shama e anjuman pehlay charagh khana thi....

English should not be dumped.The whole IT Industry depends on it.Just because your job does not depend on it does not mean you should **** with others.What the **** is so great about Urdu anyways that we should forget english...?Its just hurts your ego even though nearly millions of Pakistanis speak urdu.Don't be so paranoid.Why the hell do you people want to move to 15th century..?English is a global language.It is this reason India got so many IT Bussiness in the early 2000's.

Hi
Urdu is a great language i don't think it faces any danger of becoming extinct. Ghazals which are very popular in India and Pakistan are mostly in Urdu,Didn't Obama say some where that he is also a fan of Urdu poetry. Pakistani's don't speak Hindi as much as Indians speak Urdu, right? So i don't think there is any imminent threat to Urdu, if we can improve economy and infrastructure, it will consolidate the influence of Urdu

to me its not a big deal if the official language in Pakistan is English instead of Urdu. I won't give example of India, or talk about india because Indians mosty took things from others in history (no offense) like they merged Urdu and Sunskrit (or whatever it spelled lol) and tried their best to make it renounced as Hindi. If fact by doing this, they even damaged the grace of Urdu. I think they are afraid or just shy to accept it as Urdu, just to call it Hindi, they disturbed the structure and spellings of words and named this modified, damanged urdu language as Hindi.

Coming back towards the point, if we look at history, Britans also learned other languages centuries ago for sake of knowledge. Everyone knows they've stolen the books from Muslims and then learned their languages to explore these books. Remember at that time, they were way behind then Muslims. Today things are almost similar for us, we are way behind them, and they are pretty much dominating in all the fields of Science and Technology. We to learn from them, we need to master their things, and for this English should be the first step forward.

Its really ridiculous, when ppl say that English should be removed from Pakistan and we must do everything in Urdu. Well here is an example. Back in early 90's Govt decided to translate few of courses in Urdu so that students can learn these modern subjects in Urdu with greater ease. Thus text books of Economics, Statistics etc were translated into urdu which gave choice to Students about Medium of language for these courses. Now as Urdu is mixture of languages, and thus it lakes with number of words. For example, we have several words in English which represent "Covering Distance" like Travel, Journy, Voyage, Adventure etc. but we have only 1 in urdu for this "Safar karna". So this made the translated courses more difficult to understand for students even though they were in Urdu.

So over the passage of time, today, almost 80% of students prefer to study these subject in English instead of Urdu, the use of ver difficult undu words in these subjects have made it way more difficult to understand as compared to english.

Just an example how they defined Linear Programming :

خطی یا سطری پروگرام یا خطی/ سطری طور پر پروگرام کرنا

lool

What is "پروگرام" ? we don't have any word in Urdu to Translate it, that's why even the subject is in Urdu, we mostly have to study the terms in english but with greater problems and efforts. Also how many of us use these terms (خطی/ سطری) in our normal day life..? I think no one.

No one has denied the importance of English , and btw this is why the Urdu Linguists are there to do the task of creating proper words for modern terms.

Its the job of the govt to launch such a progam.

Back
Top Bottom