What's new

World's Tallest Bowler Mohammad Irfan (3 clips included)

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Full name Mohammad Irfan
Born June 6, 1982, Gaggu Mandi, Punjab
Current age 27 years 341 days
Major teams Khan Research Laboratories
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Left-arm medium-fast
Height 7 ft 1 in

aaqib_aqib_javed_mohammed_mohammad_irfan.png

mohammed_mohammad_asif_mohammad_irfan.png

mohammed_mohammad_irfan_saboor_ahmad_ahmed.png

Confusion remains over Mohammad Irfan's actual height - the PCB has variously measured him at 6'8", 6'10" and 7'1". If he is indeed 7'1", he could be the tallest cricketer around, surpassing his idol Joel Garner. Irfan is a product of rural Pakistan, hailing from the eastern Pakistan town of Gaggu Mandi, which produced another tall former Pakistan quick, Mohammad Zahid. The lack of opportunities in his home town forced him to quit playing cricket and seek full-time employment to support his family. He was working in a plastic pipe factory and playing club cricket before Aaqib Javed had summoned him to the National Cricket Academy in Lahore. Aaqib was enthused by what he saw and soon after, he was playing first-class cricket for Khan Research Laboratories. He took nine wickets in his second game and ended the season with an impressive 43 wickets in ten games. He came close to national selection when he was named as a replacement for one of the injured seamers for the 2010 World Twenty20, but his name was withdrawn.

World's Tallest Bowler Mohammad Irfan

The 6'10 giant left armer Mohammad Irfan bowling against Karachi Whites

An early video of Mohammad Irfan bowling in the nets without warming up

Last edited by a moderator:
oops i just noticed i created this thread in the wrong section

Can MODs please move this thread to Cricket Section please!

Thanks

God must be crazy!

BTW, clone him, lol.

When I saw Khan Research Laboratories, i was like :woot:
Gosh he needs to be in the semis, might be even faster then Taits or Shoaib Akhtar

Congrats to Pakistan because we find another Wasim Akram, Guys we should put him in secret place with Wasim Akram in six months we will have world best BVR missile.:sniper:

he is our next super star , please note my comment:pakistan:

I was just thinking if he bowls at 150 KPH speed and delivers a Yorker, what would be situation of batsman when a ball comes from such height... :)

I think we will see him in UK this year.We will find out how good he really is.
Araz

why is he not playing in our team we need him in our test side

The grapes of patience are sweeter than honey :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just relax, if Shoaib Akhtar gets injured again and Gul remain out of form, he is next in line hopefully :smokin:

guys he just bowls at a speed of around 83 Km/hr..
Average bowler but only height..
I saw him in the ground..

he can prove a very good bowler if his line and control over swing is improved.. perhaps spend some time with Wasim and learn some secrets

I have seen Ishant sharma falling down quiet often after a delivery, does the same happen to him? He is too tall... I mean just look at him, Just like the ones who play basket ball...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom