What's new

World's oldest cheese found on the chest of a 3,500-year-old mummy

you'd love this cheese... one of the best tasting and most expensive in the world.... made only from Donkey's milk... trust me, it's really good! :D

pule.png

Looks like the Emmental :o:

Oops sorry didn't read that you commented on it. I don't think they particularly mummified their wives with them. Servents and good luck charms they did to have future attendents in the afterlife. But the little I have read about it I know that there was cannibalism and a little bit of human sacrifice involved as well.
thy were very superstitious:oops:

Sure, but I want to take some marshmallows with me to the afterlife. :P
so dat i can still be found alive n healthy afta centuries like this cheeze was found while u wud be completely dead n vanished like mummies:p:

That's true, I think the Achaemenid dynasty of Persia was among the first to pay labor a fair wage for their services. As far as jewels were concerned, based on what I know, the ancient Egyptians were concerned about tombs being robbed & I think King Tutankhamun was among the lucky ones whose burial ground was never disturbed.

The Pharaohs used to start building their tombs well before their deaths so you can imagine the kind of accessories that must have been founded there.

The Pharaohs used to start building their tombs well before their deaths so you can imagine the kind of accessories that must have been founded there.
y were thy so obssesed wid graves n food/women/jewllery in graves wid them?:undecided:

Oops sorry didn't read that you commented on it. I don't think they particularly mummified their wives with them. Servents and good luck charms they did to have future attendents in the afterlife. But the little I have read about it I know that there was cannibalism and a little bit of human sacrifice involved as well.

It's fine, & I might be mistaken about them burying their wives with them. Perhaps it was some other culture or perhaps wives just randomly popped up in my head in the list of humans that were buried alongside important individuals. Lol!

There was a lot of barbarity in the ancient world, & in contrast to that, Ancient Rome, Greece, Persia, et cetera were truly the light in a world full of darkness. In fact, the Romans actually believed that it was their job to civilize & bring justice & knowledge to the world.

y were thy so obssesed wid graves n food/women/jewllery in graves wid them?:undecided:

Well the Pharaohs were obviously imperialistic and as superstitious as they clearly were, they had a staunch believe in the afterlife. So they used to build these huge tombs with all the basic necessities required for leading a life so that they don't fall short of any in their next. Obviously it wasn't restricted to the Pharaohs even their statesmen used to follow the ritual though obviously less lavishly than their rulers.

It's fine, & I might be mistaken about them burying their wives with them. Perhaps it was some other culture or perhaps wives just randomly popped up in my head in the list of humans that were buried alongside important individuals. Lol!

There was a lot of barbarity in the ancient world, & in contrast to that, Ancient Rome, Greece, Persia, et cetera were truly the light in a world full of darkness. In fact, the Romans actually believed that it was their job to civilize & bring justice & knowledge to the world.
no dats actually da dream u saw once n want it to be real nw haha liar

Well the Pharaohs were obviously imperialistic and as superstitious as they clearly were, they had a staunch believe in the afterlife. So they used to build these huge tombs with all the basic necessities required for leading a life so that they don't fall short of any in their next. Obviously it wasn't restricted to the Pharaohs even their statesmen used to follow the ritual though obviously less lavishly than their rulers.
dint thy hav a real life ? losers:lol:

have u seen da movie The Mummy? it xplains all u n phonix saying

Back
Top Bottom