What's new

World's oldest cheese found on the chest of a 3,500-year-old mummy

lol u shud hav thn added a bit of honey,lemon,cream,flour along wid cheeze to turn it to a complete cheeze cake:lol:

wow i dint kno thy used to put food wid dead bodies...:what:

wht wud thy do wid this cheeze nw? wud thy eat it? i kno dat in euorpe thy call da oldest of cheeze da best one in quality....

No problem, next time I will leave a couple of cheese cakes for the mummies. Do you know which brand they would prefer? :P

Yeah buddy, food was placed in the tombs for the next life & if I am not mistaken, some cultures even buried a couple of slaves to help out their masters in the after life.

Haha! Old cheese might be good, but this is way too old to eat & it was lying on rotting corpses. :rofl:

They will probably study it to learn more about how cheese was produced in the past.

I had some spare cheese at home & decided to raid a cemetery to cause some controversy. :lol: :P

Seriously though, it's not that surprising buddy, some ancient cultures did bury food alongside the dead for use in the after life so perhaps this has something to do with that. The reason it has managed to survive for so long is due to the dehydration of the bodies & the sealing of the cemetery so that the cheese's reaction to the elements is limited resulting in the creation of preservatory conditions.

In Ancient Eqypt people indeed use to put food and even other items in tombs with the mummies because they believed in the afterlife and thought it would aid the deceased in his next life. Without these items he would not be able to continue there. Therefore they sometimes even sacrificed and mummified their servents along with them. In the case of Pharaohs it was even more elaborate.

Trust me.... drink plenty of it for 3 days..... like three times a day........ here an article from a renowned medical journal

Immunological properties of donkey's milk: it... [Curr Pharm Des. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Here a wiki for it

Donkey milk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here another one:

Eurolactis - Donkey milk - Mother's milk substitut - Donkey milk cosmetics - Lactose intolerance

It's one of the best things mother nature has on offer..........
wow ty ill read them:police:

btw where wud we get it in islo? :oops: wud it be available at rock bistro or tuscany resturants ?:p: or do we have to hunt da donkeys first in margalla hills to excract milk out of it?:enjoy: jk

Go pick it from my home.... I'll get it sent there! :D

wow ty ill read them:police:

btw where wud we get it in islo? :oops: wud it be available at rock bistro or tuscany resturants ?:p: or do we have to hunt da donkeys first in margalla hills to excract milk out of it?:enjoy: jk

In Ancient Eqypt people indeed use to put food and even other items in tombs with the mummies because they believed in the afterlife and thought it would aid the deceased in his next life. Without these items he would not be able to continue there. Therefore they sometimes even sacrificed and mummified their servents along with them. In the case of Pharaohs it was even more elaborate.
hw cruel of them!:disagree:

No problem, next time I will leave a couple of cheese cakes for the mummies. Do you know which brand they would prefer? :P

Yeah buddy, food was placed in the tombs for the next life & if I am not mistaken, some cultures even buried a couple of slaves to help out their masters in the after life.

Haha! Old cheese might be good, but this is way too old to eat & it was lying on rotting corpses. :rofl:

They will probably study it to learn more about how cheese was produced in the past.
saladena cheeze ofcourse:enjoy:

haha lol i thot thy wud reaserch more on cheeze n its type than on any othr thing related to mummy n dat old time:rofl:

That's true, & I think I mentioned ancient Egyptians previously on this thread. Weren't there instances in which the Pharaohs' wives were sent off with them too, or am I confusing them with some other culture? In Ancient Rome for instance, human sacrifices were extremely rare unless Rome herself was in mortal danger. If I recall correctly, the Romans sacrificed a Greek & Gaelic couple after their defeat at the Battle of Cannae. Otherwise, whenever some major disaster, disease, or misfortune would strike the Romans, they would sacrifice lots of animals to appease the Gods & regain their favor.

hw cruel of them!:disagree:

Thats a very small part of their cruelty that we know of. How do you think they constructed the pyramids??
On topic, food would be just one small aspect they even took their precious jewels, amulets and charms to the tombs as well. So they literally took their wealth to their graves.

That's true, & I think I mentioned ancient Egyptians previously on this thread. Weren't there instances in which the Pharaohs' wives were sent off with them too, or am I confusing them with some other culture? In Ancient Rome for instance, human sacrifices were extremely rare unless Rome herself was in mortal danger. If I recall correctly, the Romans sacrificed a Greek & Gaelic couple after their defeat at the Battle of Cannae. Otherwise, whenever some major disaster, disease, or misfortune would strike the Romans, they would sacrifice lots of animals to appease the Gods & regain their favor.
:fie::argh::girl_wacko:

Thats a very small part of their cruelty that we know of. How do you think they constructed the pyramids??
On topic, food would be just one small aspect they even took their precious jewels, amulets and charms to the tombs as well. So they literally took their wealth to their graves.

That's true, I think the Achaemenid dynasty of Persia was among the first to pay labor a fair wage for their services. As far as jewels were concerned, based on what I know, the ancient Egyptians were concerned about tombs being robbed & I think King Tutankhamun was among the lucky ones whose burial ground was never disturbed.

Oops sorry didn't read that you commented on it. I don't think they particularly mummified their wives with them. Servents and good luck charms they did to have future attendents in the afterlife. But the little I have read about it I know that there was cannibalism and a little bit of human sacrifice involved as well.

Back
Top Bottom