What's new

World's most luxurious train station planned by Saudi Arabia's King Abdulla

tumblr_lpr5imh0GL1qar0ido1_400.gif
Saudis will have to deal with it not me :) when your king's oil is gone and America as thrown you aside for Turkey.

Saudis will have to deal with it not me :) when your king's oil is gone and America as thrown you aside for Turkey.

Oil reserves in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may have to wait some 90 years for that..

On the topic.

Would it not have been better to build a bigger complex in the Hejaz area specifically due to the higher number of tourists there?
Jeddah-Makkah-Medina??

Ive had a year almost of my life in Riyadh and it is THE most dead city on earth.
Beautiful Malls, Highways.. and the like.. but no people..
Not sure if its changed a lot in ten years.. but I see little in Riyadh(due to the laws enforced there and general lack of attractive options..although that may change with more universities, housing, hospitals, service industry..etc)
changing in terms of tourism or movement... Unless the Saudi government is encouraging Urbanization and bringing in the Rural populous into Riyadh. A ten year development plan(not just infrastructural but human development) that INCLUDES immigrants and workers in the area might help that along.

Oil reserves in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may have to wait some 90 years for that..

On the topic.

Would it not have been better to build a bigger complex in the Hejaz area specifically due to the higher number of tourists there?
Jeddah-Makkah-Medina??

Ive had a year almost of my life in Riyadh and it is THE most dead city on earth.
Beautiful Malls, Highways.. and the like.. but no people..
Not sure if its changed a lot in ten years.. but I see little in Riyadh(due to the laws enforced there and general lack of attractive options..although that may change with more universities, housing, hospitals, service industry..etc)
changing in terms of tourism or movement... Unless the Saudi government is encouraging Urbanization and bringing in the Rural populous into Riyadh. A ten year development plan(not just infrastructural but human development) that INCLUDES immigrants and workers in the area might help that along.

Riyadh has changed tremendously in the last 10 years and is a completely different city. I am not from Riyadh (or Najd for that matter) but Hejaz so the locals might know more than I do. What is certain is that the city is now booming and the pictures, projects etc. speak for themselves. Areas outside of Riyadh (Diriyah, World UNESCO heritage site), Wadi Hanifa, the different deserts etc.

A railway transport system that will connect Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah is already being built.

Haramain High Speed Rail Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously the project of the topic, if it will come to light, will be part of the longterm plan of connecting all major cities and regions in the very big country that is KSA. It is much needed and should have been done years ago.

But let us wait and see. It would be wonderful to be able to travel between the beautiful Red Sea coastline, the mountain regions, tropical regions etc. to the Gulf region, North, Center, South etc.

I also expect the whole beautiful Peninsula to be better connected in the near future.

Riyadh has changed tremendously in the last 10 years and is a completely different city. I am not from Riyadh (or Najd for that matter) but Hejaz so the locals might know more than I do. What is certain is that the city is now booming and the pictures, projects etc. speak for themselves. Areas outside of Riyadh (Diriyah, World UNESCO heritage site), Wadi Hanifa, the different deserts etc.

A railway transport system that will connect Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah is already being built.

Haramain High Speed Rail Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously the project of the topic, if it will come to light, will be part of the longterm plan of connecting all major cities and regions in the very big country that is KSA. It is much needed and should have been done years ago.

But let us wait and see. It would be wonderful to be able to travel between the beautiful Red Sea coastline, the mountain regions, tropical regions etc. to the Gulf region, North, Center, South etc.

I also expect the whole beautiful Peninsula to be better connected in the near future.

It would be great, there is a lot of potential in Hejaz APART from the religious tourism that may be exploited.

It would be great, there is a lot of potential in Hejaz APART from the religious tourism that may be exploited.

Yes, without a doubt. I mean KSA is like a small continent on itself in terms of diversity. There is everything for everyone in terms of landscapes, nature etc. I am not even talking about the hajj. Hejaz has a tremendous potential indeed. You have mountains, volcanic craters, tropical beaches, a stunning and largely untouched coastline, tropical areas in the South, mountains (different of them), hills, different deserts in the interior etc. Especially the Red Sea, which has the second biggest coral reef after the Great Barrier Reef, has enormous potential for tourism. There are already Western tourists in Hejaz but due to the difficulties of entering KSA and the obstructions there are more countries to travel in easier. I mean, without talking badly about the Egyptian Red Sea coastline that receives MILLIONS of tourists each year, then the Saudi is much more diverse, so is Hejaz, much larger and much more tropical/wild.

Anyway only the future will tell. The railway projects in Hejaz is a very good step in the right direction IMO. As I wrote before, then I would have wished, that it would have been done earlier. Well, no society is perfect so I guess we have to live with it and hope for the better.

Cheers.

Yes, without a doubt. I mean KSA is like a small continent on itself in terms of diversity. There is everything for everyone in terms of landscapes, nature etc. I am not even talking about the hajj. Hejaz has a tremendous potential indeed. You have mountains, volcanic craters, tropical beaches, a stunning and largely untouched coastline, tropical areas in the South, mountains (different of them), hills, different deserts in the interior etc. Especially the Red Sea, which has the second biggest coral reef after the Great Barrier Reef, has enormous potential for tourism. There are already Western tourists in Hejaz but due to the difficulties of entering KSA and the obstructions there are more countries to travel in easier. I mean, without talking badly about the Egyptian Red Sea coastline that receives MILLIONS of tourists each year, then the Saudi is much more diverse, so is Hejaz, much larger and much more tropical/wild.

Anyway only the future will tell. The railway projects in Hejaz is a very good step in the right direction IMO. As I wrote before, then I would have wished, that it would have been done earlier. Well, no society is perfect so I guess we have to live with it and hope for the better.

Cheers.

Some of the laws.. or rather the law parties(aka Mutawwas) will have to be reigned in if tourism is to flow.
It seemed to be the trend around the end of the last decade but seems to be have reversed again to them getting bolder and more powerful this year.

Some of the laws.. or rather the law parties(aka Mutawwas) will have to be reigned in if tourism is to flow.
It seemed to be the trend around the end of the last decade but seems to be have reversed again to them getting bolder and more powerful this year.

KSA has changed tremendously in the last 10 years, especially during King Abdullah's reign. I can assure you that. I think you would see it as for the better. I for once do not hope that you base your opinion on KSA on issues that took place over a decade ago in Riyadh. KSA is a enormous and very diverse country. As complex too.

The areas for tourism do not have them around. Never had them from what I know off. Same with the compounds although the latter has nothing to do with tourism.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAi1ID_JAK8&feature=player_embedded

I am afraid, for those who wish for that, that there will be no nightclubs/strip clubs for the foreseeable future in the public and I am personally very satisfied with that. Some Saudis are probably not but they are a minority. That should never be the initiative to travel to KSA or Hejaz or in my opinion any place on earth.

I have encountered a few tourists on the beach resorts on the Red Sea and the majority were very satisfied and knew beforehand that they were not traveling to let's say Phuket.:cheesy:

Congrats to them on their development, if you're going to make something special make it luxurious if you can.

The Saudis are at the height of stupidity. A freggin Luxurious train station haa! they cant root out the poverty in their country but can built this piece of crap. King abdullah should be put to sleep he is too old and poor man might need a new brain..... oh wait can money buy him that? but i pray to God that the whole Saudi monarchy is trialed one day and hung for their lavish spending and there 2 faced policy.

Dubai metro has architectural beauty + hot girls. No amount of saudi oil money can beat that :D

Saudis will have to deal with it not me :) when your king's oil is gone and America has thrown you aside for Turkey.

Don't worry we can live with or without oil. Plus, who cares about the crude oil anymore? It's the shale revolution now baby:D and KSA has joined it :victory:

The Saudis are at the height of stupidity. A freggin Luxurious train station haa! they cant root out the poverty in their country but can built this piece of crap. King abdullah should be put to sleep he is too old and poor man might need a new brain..... oh wait can money buy him that? but i pray to God that the whole Saudi monarchy is trialed one day and hung for their lavish spending and there 2 faced policy.
We are all the Saudi family, got a problem? And we do have poor people but we take care of them. Thanks for the attitude :wave:

We are all the Saudi family, got a problem? And we do have poor people but we take care of them. Thanks for the attitude :wave:

take care of them? hahahahahah!!!!! maybe during ramadan. and yes i do have a problem. the Royal family are not thankful of Gods gift of wealth to them. instead they make big buildings and lavishly decorate them. all iam saying is royal family is not Muslim and should stop saying they are.

take care of them? hahahahahah!!!!! maybe during ramadan. and yes i do have a problem. the Royal family are not thankful of Gods gift of wealth to them. instead they make big buildings and lavishly decorate them. all iam saying is royal family is not Muslim and should stop saying they are.

Obviously you don't know better about KSA than myself so stop blabbering once and for all baboon. Yes, we do take care of each and every single Saudi brat, WhoTF are you anyway? And how come you say people aren't Muslims? Is it because of your deadly jealousy or what is it? Saudi Arabia is raising and shining wether you like it or not clown. Now, go and wash your face and stop smoking sh!t:woot:

1. KSA has changed tremendously in the last 10 years, especially during King Abdullah's reign. I can assure you that. I think you would see it as for the better. I for once do not hope that you base your opinion on KSA on issues that took place over a decade ago in Riyadh. KSA is a enormous and very diverse country. As complex too.

The areas for tourism do not have them around. Never had them from what I know off. Same with the compounds although the latter has nothing to do with tourism.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAi1...king for too much? Absolutely not! peace

Back
Top Bottom