What's new

SAUDI ARABIA AND UAE ARE AT WAR WITH THEMSELVES IN YEMEN

We shouldn't forget that UAE is also undermining the Somali government in Mogadishu. It's a different story and context but it's basically the same principle.

I do believe that UAE is overstepping its boundaries in this case. They haven't supported the Southern separatists directly but they haven't stopped them either.

Plus, they are using weapons provided by UAE against Saudi Arabia. I'm not very fond of Saudi Arabia but I would choose them over UAE in a heartbeat.

LMAO what happened in Aden was an epic fail for Al Saud's war on Yemen.
Al saud's pupet government of Hadi is in trouble, will it survive?

For a supposed self-proclaimed atheist Assyrian with communistic leanings and a hard-on for the Chinese communist regime (just took a quick glance at some of your posts), it seems strange to me why a supposed Atheist Assyrian would be cheering for some thoroughly incompetent, fanatic, drug-addicted (khat) and Zaydi Islamists in the Houthi's.

This map speaks for itself.

EBXnuJGX4AA5nIz.jpg

99.99999% of Aden is in the control of the legitimate and internationally recognized Yemeni army. KSA already dealt with those few Southern separatists.

In any case there have been no violent clashes and neither are any KSA or UAE soldiers involved. Some internal Adeni disagreements that were almost solved within 24 hours. Both parties are fully aware of who their enemy is and that of Yemen and they would not have given countless of martyrs to their cause, if it was any different.

We shouldn't forget that UAE is also undermining the Somali government in Mogadishu. It's a different story and context but it's basically the same principle.

I do believe that UAE is overstepping its boundaries in this case. They haven't supported the Southern separatists directly but they haven't stopped them either.

Plus, they are using weapons provided by UAE against Saudi Arabia. I'm not very fond of Saudi Arabia but I would choose them over UAE in a heartbeat.

Each regime in the MENA and Muslim world, even regimes that are allies and close, are not always 100% in agreement with everything. If it was any different, status quo would not be as it is throughout the Muslim world and in fact the world as a whole.

Southern separatists in and around Aden (their stronghold) have existed since the Yemeni unification almost 30 years ago. Yemen suffering from political instability post Arab Spring and now a civil war (almost 1 decade of instability) has severely weakened the central state (which was weak already on many fronts) and given greater opportunities for all kind of parties (Houthis, corrupt generals, tribes, Southern and Northern Separatists, militants etc.) to take advantage of that. Yemen by itself was always a political quagmire and almost impossible to rule even for Yemenis themselves. Saleh only survived as long as he did due to being a chess master foreign policy wise and developing a Gaddafi-like political apparatus and playing out tribe against tribe while keeping the upper hand.

Anyway as for your comment about "using weapons provided by UAE against KSA", no such thing. The southern separatists have yet to attack any Saudi Arabian soldiers, Arab coalition soldiers. Sporadic incidents/clashes in the past 4.5 years can be counted on 3-4 fingers and they always occurred between pro-Hadi factions. In other words internal Yemeni (Adeni more precisely) disagreements often with tribal/business/power interests as the cause and not the current civil war. Everyone is out there trying to gain power and shape the future Yemen. Many of those people are opportunists like in any other conflict zone or political sphere in the region.
The recent takeover of the presidential palace in Aden happened without bloodshed.

Washington Post nonsense aside;

“Committed to ceasefire in Yemen,” says leader of Southern Transitional Council

Yemen’s Southern Transitional Council (STC) said that it is committed to a ceasefire in the port city of Aden and are willing to work with the Saudi-led coalition, their leader said on Sunday.

The STC leader Aidaroos al-Zubaidi said in televised comments to Aden-based TV channel AIC that they are also willing to attend a meeting called by Saudi Arabia.

In Sunday’s statement, the STC also said that it is ready to work with the Arab coalition in Yemen.

The STC had on Saturday taken over the Yemeni government’s military camps in Aden on Saturday. After the coalition warning early Sunday, the STC had agreed to the ceasefire. Residents said there had been no clashes between the STC and government forces since the previous night, according to a Reuters report.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...leader-of-Southern-Transitional-Council-.html

Last edited:
Yemen: Seizure of Aden by separatists exposes rift within Saudi Arabia and UAE coalition

Sudarsan Raghavan ,
Kareem Fahim and
Ali Al-Mujahed
August 11 at 4:12 PM

CAIRO — A Saudi-led military coalition fighting in Yemen targeted its own allies with airstrikes Sunday, a day after southern separatists seized control of the strategic port city of Aden, threatening to fracture the Saudi alliance and open a new front in the five-year conflict.

Even before the damage from those strikes had been assessed, the United Nations on Sunday said that as many as 40 people have been killed and 260 injured in the previous four days of clashes in Aden that erupted on the eve of one of Islam’s holiest periods, Eid al-Adha. Tens of thousands of civilians in the Red Sea city nestled on the tip of the Arabian Peninsula have fled their homes, while many others remain trapped without basic necessities, U.N. officials and aid workers said.

“It is heartbreaking that during Eid al-Adha families are mourning the death of their loved ones instead of celebrating together in peace,” Lise Grande, the top U.N. humanitarian official Yemen, said in a statement. “Our main concern right now is to dispatch medical teams to rescue the injured. We are also very worried by reports that civilians trapped in their homes are running out of food and water.”

Yemen, the Middle East’s poorest nation, was already in the grips of what the United Nations has described as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

The seizure of Aden has exposed divisions within a Sunni Muslim coalition led by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates that intervened in the conflict in March 2015. Together, they have been battling Iran-allied, Shiite rebels known as Houthis to restore Yemen’s internationally recognized government and prevent Tehran from gaining regional influence.

“This weakens the coalition by exposing undeniable cracks beneath the surface,” said Elisabeth Kendall, a Yemen scholar at Oxford University’s Pembroke College. “It is becoming increasingly obvious that the UAE and Saudi Arabia do not share the same end goals in Yemen, even though they share the same overarching goal of pushing back the perceived influence of Iran.”

Rifts have emerged over the past 18 months between the southern separatists, backed by the UAE, and forces aligned with Yemen’s government, backed by Saudi Arabia.

The separatists, who want to split Yemen’s south from its north, have long been suspicious of the Yemeni government, ruled for decades by northerners. The separatists, and the UAE, also disapprove of Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi’s alliance with Islah, an influential Islamist party. While the Saudis consider Islah vital for rebuilding Yemen, the UAE is opposed to any significant role for Islah because of its ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, a regional political Islamist movement that the Emirati leadership views as a domestic threat, as well as a malign and radical force in the Arab world.

Clashes engulfed Aden’s streets after a missile attack on a military parade killed dozens of separatists fighters and a prominent commander last week. The Houthis claimed responsibility for the strike, but the separatists accused Islah of playing a part.

The violence was a major blow to Saudi Arabia and its ambition of restoring Yemen’s government. Aden had served as the government’s headquarters for several years, while Sanaa, Yemen’s capital, has been under the control of the Houthis since they forced the government from power.

Statements from Saudi officials framed the violence as a worrying distraction from the campaign against the Houthis.

The Saudi foreign ministry said it had invited the Yemeni government and “all parties involved in the conflict in Aden to hold an urgent meeting in Saudi Arabia to discuss disputes, give priority to prudence and dialogue, and unify ranks.” Col. Turki al-Malki, a spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition, called for a cease-fire to begin early Sunday and for “all parties to withdraw from positions they have seized.”

Prince Khalid bin Salman, the vice minister of defense and a brother of Saudi Arabia’s de factor ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, wrote on Twitter that “violence in Aden will create a situation that could be utilized by terrorist organizations like the Houthis, al-Qaeda/ISIS, which KSA will never condone.”

Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State appear to be taking advantage of the security vacuum in Yemen’s south, said Kendall, who monitors both groups. In the first week of August, al-Qaeda undertook seven operations in as many days targeting UAE-backed forces, a significant uptick in attacks. And the Islamic State launched two attacks in Aden, the first time it has targeted the city in more than a year.

Despite the calls for a cease-fire, the Saudi-led coalition opted to send a warning to the separatists with airstrikes late Saturday and early Sunday. The coalition did not specify where the attacks occurred, but separatist officials and aid workers said areas in the Dar Saad and Khormaksar districts, as well as around the presidential palace, were hit.

“This is only the first operation and will be followed by others . . . the Southern Transitional Council still has a chance to withdraw,” Saudi state TV quoted the coalition as saying, according to Reuters.

On Sunday, though aid agencies and residents reported that fighting had subsided, there were no signs that separatists were leaving the positions they had seized.

Yemen’s information minister, Moammar Al Iryani, called the seizure of Aden a “coup against constitutional legitimacy” and likened it to the Houthi takeover of Sanaa.

Nizar Haytham, a spokesman for the Southern Transitional Council, said “no coup has taken place.” The separatists, he added, had a right to secure southern Yemen from “northerners who possess absolute hostility toward the south.” He then described the Islamists in the Hadi government as “al-Qaeda members” with “military titles.”

In a video shared on social media Sunday, a top separatist leader, Hani Bin Brek, said they were willing to negotiate with the coalition and the Hadi government, but “not under threats.” He warned the Saudis to not continue their airstrikes.

Caroline Seguin, the Yemen program manager for Doctors Without Borders, said the organization’s hospital in the city had been overwhelmed with patients. “It has been a big nightmare,” she said, noting that the hospital received 120 injured patients in a 24-hour period.

The majority of the casualties were civilians injured by explosions. Six people, including a child, were dead by the time they arrived at the hospital, she said. Yemeni health officials she spoke to Saturday said all the city’s hospitals and some of its private clinics were also full of patients wounded in the fighting.

With the airport closed, the group, also known by its French acronym, MSF, was trying to bring reserve medical supplies to the hospital from Djibouti by boat, Seguin said.

Last year, after clashes erupted in Aden, Saudi Arabia and the UAE brokered a truce between both sides, leading to an uneasy alliance. Most analysts said they expect further clashes, because the grievances between the two sides have only deepened.

“At the leadership level, the coalition will likely paper over the cracks and continue to work together,” Kendall said. “But at ground level, trust has been lost and it will be increasingly difficult to integrate southern forces into the Hadi-controlled Yemeni military.”

The north-south tensions also raise questions about a fragile U.N.-brokered cease-fire agreement in the western port city of Hodeidah, north of Aden. U.N. officials view it as a key step toward a peace deal to end the war. But “the recent clashes show that a broader, more inclusive, and hence more complex, approach is needed,” Kendall said.

Fahim reported from Istanbul and Al-Mujahed reported from New Delhi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c22f30-bc3d-11e9-a8b0-7ed8a0d5dc5d_story.html

For a supposed self-proclaimed atheist Assyrian with communistic leanings and a hard-on for the Chinese communist regime (just took a quick glance at some of your posts), it seems strange to me why a supposed Atheist Assyrian would be cheering for some thoroughly incompetent, fanatic, drug-addicted (khat) and Zaydi Islamists in the Houthi's.

dont get me wrong the Houthies are not the kind of people whose rule I would like to live under but the thing is the Saudis are a thousand times worse, so it's basicly a choice between the lesser of two evils, as for the reason, well do I even need to say it? your country still beheads people for blasphemy, I dont know if you realize it but the vast majority of the non muslim world (and by the way most of the world's population are not muslims) when they look at how your country beheads people for leaving their religion they think you are being a moderate version of ISIS, ofcourse I understand why you love the KSA its your country after all.

I know how you people think, you dont like Houthis not because of any kind of stratigic thinking or anything like that, but because you think "wow they insult Aisha we have to kill them" honestly that kind of thinking belongs in the stone age, personaly Im not atheist I do believe in god, but still if some one came infront of me & started insulting Jesus then sure I would insult him back but no way would I want him to get decapitated that is horrible.

from you profile pic I assume you support the idea of a grand unified Arab state from the gulf to the ocean, previously ten years ago I too used to support the idea of Arab unity but then when I knew that such horrible blasphemy laws exist in the KSA I thought "forget it, no way would I want to live under the rule of people who kill for religion".

Last edited:
dont get me wrong the Houthies are not the kind of people whose rule I would like to live under but the thing is the Saudis are a thousand times worse, so it's basicly a choice between the lesser of two evils, as for the reason, well do I even need to say it? your country still beheads people for blasphemy, I dont know if you realize it but the vast majority of the non muslim world (and by the way most of the world's population are not muslims) when they look at how your country beheads people for leaving their religion they think you are being a moderate version of ISIS, ofcourse I understand why you love the KSA its your country after all.

I know how you people think, you dont like Houthis not because of any kind of stratigic thinking or anything like that, but because you think "wow they insult Aisha we have to kill them" honestly that kind of thinking belongs in the stone age, personaly Im not atheist I do believe in god, but still if some one came infront of me & started insulting Jesus then sure I would insult him back but no way would I want him to get decapitated that is horrible.

from you profile pic I assume you support the idea of a grand unified Arab state from the gulf to the ocean, previously ten years ago I too used to support the idea of Arab unity but then when I knew that such horrible blasphemy laws exist in the KSA I thought "forget it, no way would I want to live under the rule of people who kill for religion".

No, the House of Saud are 1 million times better than Houthi's on every measurable front. Hence why KSA are lightyears ahead of Houthis/Yemen and leading on most fronts in the Muslim world whether economic, scientific/educational. We have the by far best universities and highest ranked in the Muslim/developing world, biggest high-quality scientific output, we use almost 10% of our domestic GDP on education, literacy rates are almost 100%, women outnumber men at the universities as one of the few countries in the world, we have had 100.000's of citizens receiving their education at leading US universities and more will follow. 70+% of the country's population is below 35 years.

Suggest visiting those two threads below:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/oiling-the-wheels-on-a-road-to-success-in-saudi-arabia.428713/page-6

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made-in-ksa.475488/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/trav...ntry-the-size-of-western-europe.622171/page-8

Or take a look at some of the threads on page 1 of this section on PDF that I have posted in recently.

Not even going to talk about basics such as security, incredibly low crime rates, you don't need to lock the doors in most parts of KSA knowing that nobody will even dare to enter your property let alone steal something, infrastructure, access to basic needs, opportunities etc.

Almost all of the (in my eyes largely moronic) laws in KSA that KSA has been criticized by the Western media for (which I could care less about as the Western civilization nowadays is rotting from within due to hyper-liberalism, lack of culture, godlessness, no direction other than profit, feminism, lack of family values and healthy eternal family values and social norms) in the past 30 years (since their inception during the Sahwa era post 1979 Grand Mosque Seizure and the "Islamic" revolution next door, have been removed. The last few laws (some guardianship laws) will be gone as well.

As for the death penalty, I am 100% in favor of it and see no reason to have any other opinion. Murderers, rapists, drug smugglers, terrorists etc. deserve the harshest punishment as per Islamic laws and moral decency. The society and the people (despite there hardly being any taxes in KSA to begin with) should not pay to keep such people alive.

Beheading is BTW the most painless way to go. Go read about it. You are beheaded by a sword by trained swordsmen.

Last time I checked KSA is far, far behind the likes of China, Iran and a host of other countries when it comes to executions. Per capita execution rate is very low.

As for blasphemers being beheaded for not being Muslim, never heard even 1 such example and I don't know if you know how difficult it is to execute a Muslim who leaves Islam. Practically impossible.

As for the Houthi terrorist cult, you cannot mention 1 single positive about them.

But I don't want to write an essay but I will just mention a few reasons.

1) They will further destabilize and destroy a brotherly neighboring Arab country that KSA happens to share an almost 2500 km long border with, mostly highly mountainous and porous.

2) As written before they are incompetent at even managing the few areas of Yemen that they control.

3) Them ruling Yemen would lead to an even greater fragmentation of Yemen and basically kickstart the collapse of the Yemeni state. I as an Arab patriot and nationalist is not in favor of 20+ extra Arab countries emerging. Most of the current small Arab countries have no point existing long-term. Not economically, militarily or politically. The Arab world is in need of unification/even further integration regionally, not fragmentation. That is what every enemy/adversary wants to. Similarly how they want to divide KSA into 10 countries or so and how they wanted to divide Iraq and still want to (Kurds).

4) Has nothing to do with religion but I won't lie. I see Arab movements aligned to the Farsi Wilayat al-Faqih Mullah regime as enemies. Has nothing to do with them being Zaydis as KSA is home to the second largest Zaydi community in the world after Yemen and not many decades ago, KSA was supporting the Zaydi monarchy (Northern Yemen) against the communist/socialist supported South and Northern fractions who eventually prevailed due to insane Egyptian sacrifices under Nasser. Ties were close historically as well between the Southern regions of KSA and even as far north as Hijaz and Northern Yemen. Southern Najd as well.

5) So it is a mixture of the Houthi terrorist cult being useless/a cancer for our Yemeni bothers on EVERY front and Yemen as a country, Arab patriotic and nationalist reasons, Saudi Arabian interests and my opposition against further fragmentation in the Arab world even more so in the Arabian Peninsula where we already have states like Bahrain, Qatar etc. that should be part of KSA again. Lastly if a group/entity wants to harm your country, people etc. you are obviously not going to look at them positively. Just like how Assyrians don't look positively at Turkey, Iran, Kurds and at times Baghdad (modern-day regimes) positively due to past events. Not that complicated.

Last edited:
you made some good points & I respect that, but the difference in views regarding Yemen is too big so lets just agree to disagree.

you made some good points & I respect that, but the difference in views regarding Yemen is too big so lets just agree to disagree.

Well, I respect that, but I would have preferred a discussion based on what I just wrote. Or at least I would be curious to read your reply.

BTW, since I see that you like China, you might be surprised to hear that China's largest trade partner in the Muslim/developing world is KSA, that Saudi Arabian-Chinese ties are incredibly close military as well (currently they are helping us built the arguably most sophisticated ballistic missile infrastructure in the region alongside Pakistan), educationally etc. Even the number of Chinese expats in KSA is only second to UAE. More interestingly, both KSA and China are in favor of the death penalty, do what they do domestically without much care of what the outside world is saying and none of them are a democracy (Communist party = House of Saud). The difference is that China has a 1.4 billion big population and an economy 10+ times as big as a consequence.

Never mind, this thread is created under a false premise.

Back
Top Bottom