What's new

World's largest oil and gas company to start 1900 meter deep offshore drilling project in Pakistan

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
World's largest oil and gas company to start 1,900-meter deep offshore drilling project in Pakistan
2 Dec, 2018

world-s-largest-oil-and-gas-company-to-start-1900-km-long-offshore-drilling-project-in-pakistan-1543692905-2022.png

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Minister for petroleum Sarwar Khan has announced that ExxonMobil an American multinational oil and gas corporation would start a 1,900-meter deep offshore drilling, some 230 kilometers away from Karachi, in January next year (2019). He said that a drilling rig was on its way from Mozambique in this regard.

He said that the government was working on three gas pipelines which included Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI), IP and Russian offshore gas pipeline, adding that work on TAPI pipeline was on an advanced stage.

The minister added that the US has imposed new sanctions on Iran, however, 'we will take decision keeping in view our interest'.

He said that recently an Iranian technical team has visited Pakistan to discuss IP project. He said that Pakistan is willing to complete the gas pipeline as it needs energy.

Sarwar Khan expressing his views said that LNG contract signed by the previous Pakistani government and Qatar needs to be re-negotiated to ensure transparency.

Last edited:
Shale is Prone to Earth quake Pakistan should think a Million times before putting risk to Coastal Area population due to dangers of Tsunami
pnr-earthquakes-4.jpg

file-20170504-21649-o2bk0.png

page1-776px-Uscells1msmall.oil.gas.pdf.jpg

aoytj8jlviag06nha01m.png

Last edited:
World's largest oil and gas company to start 1900 km long offshore drilling project in Pakistan
2 Dec, 2018

world-s-largest-oil-and-gas-company-to-start-1900-km-long-offshore-drilling-project-in-pakistan-1543692905-2022.png

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Minister for petroleum Sarwar Khan has announced that ExxonMobil an American multinational oil and gas corporation would start a 1,900-meter deep offshore drilling, some 230 kilometers away from Karachi, in January next year (2019). He said that a drilling rig was on its way from Mozambique in this regard.

He said that the government was working on three gas pipelines which included Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI), IP and Russian offshore gas pipeline, adding that work on TAPI pipeline was on an advanced stage.

The minister added that the US has imposed new sanctions on Iran, however, 'we will take decision keeping in view our interest'.

He said that recently an Iranian technical team has visited Pakistan to discuss IP project. He said that Pakistan is willing to complete the gas pipeline as it needs energy.

Sarwar Khan expressing his views said that LNG contract signed by the previous Pakistani government and Qatar needs to be re-negotiated to ensure transparency.

1900 km???!?!?!?!. To the centre of the earth??..cool

Shale is Prone to Earth quake Pakistan should think a Million times before putting risk to Coastal Area population due to dangers of Tsunami
pnr-earthquakes-4.jpg

file-20170504-21649-o2bk0.png

page1-776px-Uscells1msmall.oil.gas.pdf.jpg

aoytj8jlviag06nha01m.png

This is not a shale well... It is targeting a conventional oil and gas pool!

Please learn the basics before spewing falsehoods!!! Lol

Last edited:
We should keep on eye on these people. They might place fiber optic based large area sensor network over sea bed, with sensors hidden under fake rocks. That will provide US with with tracking data of pakistan navy, and commercial ships, not of Pakistan but visiting chinese as well. Even though it is from a certain distance from Karachi, it won't be far away from Gwadar. They can use undersea vehicles used by these companies, to lay such network over large area. I am not saying that is the case. but we should keep them under surveillance anyway. Anything is possible in this present day and age.

:smokin: How do we know what drilling method they will use to extract gas from shallow waters regions in Pakistan?

I don't think anyone has ever did a study or look at this yet from scientific community

Let Punit explain the problem

Last edited:
We should keep on eye on these people. They might place fiber optic based large area sensor network over sea bed, with sensors hidden under fake rocks. That will provide US with with tracking data of pakistan navy, and commercial ships, not of Pakistan but visiting chinese as well. Even though it is from a certain distance from Karachi, it won't be far away from Gwadar. They can use undersea vehicles used by these companies, to lay such network over large area. I am not saying that is the case. but we should keep them under surveillance anyway. Anything is possible in this present day and age.
Stop being so paranoid and scared. The US is not God. Believe in yourself unless you are the proverbial headless chicken!

:smokin: How do we know what drilling method they will use to extract gas from shallow waters regions in Pakistan?

I don't think anyone has ever did a study or look at this yet from scientific community

Let Punit explain the problem

Do you have a degree in geophysics? If not goggling will not make you an expert just make you look stupid.

Stop being so paranoid and scared. The US is not God. Believe in yourself unless you are the proverbial headless chicken!

Bossman listen..... Scared? of US, not in this lifetime. Did you even read the post. Who says US is god or US can do at its will. I am not one of those who believe that US can come up with magical technologies or has as such. The united states relies a combinations of, imported talent, homegrown industry based on a global financial systems that feeds it unfairly well as deception and fraud.
I belief in more in me and in Pakistan than I care to tell.

Bossman or what ever your name is: I have put you on ignore list. that should help your random outbursts that you are showing around where ever you seem to go. They were uncalled for. My believe in myself is reflected by the fact that I am ignoring the narcissist like yourself. I am not your "chaiwala" that you can yell at. You have NO right to go around attacking others based on their opinions.

People like me set the boundaries which narcissists like you are NEVER EVER allowed to cross even when you are hiding behind keyboard. Narcissistic personality disorder is a serious psychiatric disease. My sympathies to people's in your life, or you are just a keyboard attacker?

Seek help and learn basic emotional intelligence so that you know how your disrespectful outburst will be seen by others.

NO ONE, NO Junkie keyboard warrior calls me "proverbial chicken". Learn to attack "face to face". Then I will see. Stop projecting your own fears on to others!.

I know your kind, looking for targets to attack, while hiding behind something, in this case "web". Justifying their attacks that only make sense to them, picking up over little things and twisting them as justification to attack, to be seen as big when they are really little. I stay away from such kind and everyone else should too. Find your usual victims elsewhere. So just stay away.

I only respect those who respect me.

Last edited:
I dont think it's required for usn to have such drastic methods for given the state of PN...

How do we know what drilling method they will use to extract gas from shallow waters regions in Pakistan?

1900 meters is not shallow water its deep sea.... Its a conventional reserve. . Freaking fracking is not done at that depth

1900 meters is not shallow water its deep sea.... Its a conventional reserve. . Freaking fracking is not done at that depth

people watch a few videos on YouTube on any subject and then declare themselves experts, ulema etc. I am trying to convince myself that PDF should be seen as a joke where people come to let off some steam or to get some ego boost, otherwise this place is inconsequential in greater scheme of things

people watch a few videos on YouTube on any subject and then declare themselves experts, ulema etc. I am trying to convince myself that PDF should be seen as a joke where people come to let off some steam or to get some ego boost, otherwise this place is inconsequential in greater scheme of things
this is exactly what pdf is suppose to be? a place to blow up steam, what did you think?

you thought we were some sort of parliamentary committee or what!

World's largest oil and gas company to start 1,900-meter deep offshore drilling project in Pakistan
2 Dec, 2018

do a barter trade with iran, no sanctions can be imposed on barter trade for food, but this needs detail talks baout what food we can give them
saudis will not be happy so we have to be careful and poltical

The biggest news is the completion of iran Pakistan gas pipe line. Good about time something was done and a middle finger to the yanks.

That's actually the charm of an open forum isn't it

browse the forum and you may find some interesting threads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom