What's new

World renowned brand Voltas comes to Bangladesh

OK everyone please lay off personal attacks. We're discussing the (de)merits of some obscure brand called VOLTAS.

Yeah, I understand you are. how else you wouldn't get some points written in simple English. Here's a tip/lesson. Don't put question marks in every statement and you should write "I will go to school". Not sure how successful you will be given your lineage.
Don’t worry about my lineage mallu 😌

Some may be wondering why Tata approached the typical Indian dalal in Bangladesh, Nitol Motors (Indian BJP Shill Matlub Ahmed) to sell/market Aircons here, even though Bangladesh is self-sufficient with locally-produced product for a long time.

The reason is simple, market penetration for Aircons in India (as expected) is one of the world's lowest at 8%. They have to find other places close by to sell their crap.

There are specific sets of Kanjoos populations India who'd rather die in 40 deg C heat with mere fans than invest in Aircons. The problem is not garmee, it is kanjoosi. They'd rather turn metal fans faster at supersonic 'peligroso' speeds, which simply recirculate air, rather than live in 21st century comfort like the rest of us.

Aircons come in (in India) as 7th priority behind
  1. Fans,
  2. Mixer-Grinders,
  3. TVs,
  4. Refrigerators,
  5. Air Coolers,
  6. Washing Machines
Some folks in India are used to sweating and smelling foul, I guess.

Few tidbits,
  • India’s market is still only one-tenth of the Chinese room air conditioner (RAC) market.
  • Aircon sales were 7-8 Million units yearly in a nation of 1.2 Billion, go figure. This compared to ghareebi figures of 1.1Million units for FY2005 in all of India - whoa!! I guess back-office dollars did help some over the years.
  • Meanwhile - every summer in India, the heat keeps on going up.
  • Compound CAGR for Indian Room A/C units, when the rest of the world has gone all Split A/C (Remember what I said about 'Indianized' backward technology. Just to save a buck).
ac-market-in-India.png

• In Bangladesh almost 100% of all Aircons produced are split Aircons, in India kanjoosi dictates that older style noisy room Aircons are still a large portion, though split A/C's are getting more cheaper and popular. Older tech again.
  • In Bangladesh, almost all Aircons produced use inverter technology (new tech.). In Japan inverter A/Cs number 100%, in Australia 85%, In China 50%. In India (get this) it is less than 5%. OLDER TECH AGAIN.
  • In Bangladesh almost all Aircons manufactured and sold use non-ozone depletion substances such as Refrigerant R400. India has backtracked on the matter and refused to enforce this under Narendra Modi, therefore Indian Aircons are suspected to use unapproved refrigerants. OLDER TECH AGAIN.

Which goes to prove that the old saw is still true.

BANYA CHEATER HAI !!

Some may be wondering why Tata approached the typical Indian dalal in Bangladesh, Nitol Motors (Indian BJP Shill Matlub Ahmed) to sell/market Aircons here, even though Bangladesh is self-sufficient with locally-produced product for a long time.

The reason is simple, market penetration for Aircons in India (as expected) is one of the world's lowest at 8%. They have to find other places close by to sell their crap.

There are specific sets of Kanjoos populations India who'd rather die in 40 deg C heat with mere fans than invest in Aircons. The problem is not garmee, it is kanjoosi. They'd rather turn metal fans faster at supersonic 'peligroso' speeds, which simply recirculate air, rather than live in 21st century comfort like the rest of us.

Aircons come in (in India) as 7th priority behind
  1. Fans,
  2. Mixer-Grinders,
  3. TVs,
  4. Refrigerators,
  5. Air Coolers,
  6. Washing Machines
Some folks in India are used to sweating and smelling foul, I guess.

Few tidbits,
  • India’s market is still only one-tenth of the Chinese room air conditioner (RAC) market.
  • Aircon sales were 7-8 Million units yearly in a nation of 1.2 Billion, go figure. This compared to ghareebi figures of 1.1Million units for FY2005 in all of India - whoa!! I guess back-office dollars did help some over the years.
  • Meanwhile - every summer in India, the heat keeps on going up.
  • Compound CAGR for Indian Room A/C units, when the rest of the world has gone all Split A/C (Remember what I said about 'Indianized' backward technology. Just to save a buck).
ac-market-in-India.png

• In Bangladesh almost 100% of all Aircons produced are split Aircons, in India kanjoosi dictates that older style noisy room Aircons are still a large portion, though split A/C's are getting more cheaper and popular. Older tech again.
  • In Bangladesh, almost all Aircons produced use inverter technology (new tech.). In Japan inverter A/Cs number 100%, in Australia 85%, In China 50%. In India (get this) it is less than 5%. OLDER TECH AGAIN.
  • In Bangladesh almost all Aircons manufactured and sold use non-ozone depletion substances such as Refrigerant R400. India has backtracked on the matter and refused to enforce this under Narendra Modi, therefore Indian Aircons are suspected to use unapproved refrigerants. OLDER TECH AGAIN.

Which goes to prove that the old saw is still true.

BANYA CHEATER HAI !!

Hi,

Voltas, is a good Indian brand and makes good affordable residential A/c's. On the commercial side of it, they are a powerhouse of EPC organization that does large turnkey projects for buildings, hospital, hospitals etc, but they are not in the same league as Trane, JCI,Daiken.

They are known to be an extremely reliable brand and have great warranty and concessions program for their product line.

Voltas also has an extensive line of Split Ac/ heat pumps, and yes a large portfolio of smaller window units.

Comparing Australia, Japan and India is ridiculous.

As far Refrigerants, yes most of the Indian manufacturers provide both R22 and R410 options in thier lineup. R22 is not phased out in India, and has an abundant supply network. Untill it is completely phased out R22 wll be around.

Lastly, if you have better products in Bangladesh, then that is great for the people of Bangladesh, I am just surprised by the tone of condescension you use in your post.

Why do we need to build toilet when there is a gigantic one in our west?

i see....... is that why we keep capturing Indian Navy, Army and Airforce personnel in Pakistan?.. they seem so upset in their return to india

Indian Army : A very upset indian soldier going back to the land where no toliets exist.

1609916261975.png

Indian airforce - so happy to drink tea in the comfort that there is a toilet near by .... unlike india where he has to do it in public... ever so fear full that his little penis might be mistaken for a dis-coloured banana by a baboon..

1609916436586.png

Indian navy: they are indifferent ... the entire ocean is a free toilet for them..

1609916525772.png

Hi,

Voltas, is a good Indian brand and makes good affordable residential A/c's. On the commercial side of it, they are a powerhouse of EPC organization that does large turnkey projects for buildings, hospital, hospitals etc, but they are not in the same league as Trane, JCI,Daiken.

They are known to be an extremely reliable brand and have great warranty and concessions program for their product line.

Voltas also has an extensive line of Split Ac/ heat pumps, and yes a large portfolio of smaller window units.

Comparing Australia, Japan and India is ridiculous.

As far Refrigerants, yes most of the Indian manufacturers provide both R22 and R410 options in thier lineup. R22 is not phased out in India, and has an abundant supply network. Untill it is completely phased out R22 wll be around.

Lastly, if you have better products in Bangladesh, then that is great for the people of Bangladesh, I am just surprised by the tone of condescension you use in your post.

The condescension is not only mine, but belongs generally to the minds of Bangladeshi consumers. It is not meant for people, but rather Indian Banyas and their 'Indianized' products, which to date have not proven to be the equal of Japanese or other Asian brands (even those from Thailand). Indian products are fine for Indian consumers but come up very short when they are compared to products made for global markets.

Voltas' reputation as a maker of industrial and commercial HVAC and refrigeration products is something very different from having an excellent product line of split-A/C products. Daikin sells ten times as many A/C product, just in the Chinese market, compared to India. Daikin wisely bought out USHA-Sriram instead of being saddled with USHA's hackneyed product philosophy.

Most Indian Banyas have this disease, trying to enjoy a closed market for their third-rate back-dated 'Indianized' products and controlling politicians to prevent entry of more competitive foreign product into the India.

It's good to know that Voltas provides good service in India. Outside India, they will find it both difficult and expensive to either build or maintain that brand reputation. It is not done in one or two years.

I also doubt that their Bangladeshi dealer 'Nitol Group' is up-to-the mark in providing the after sales service because they are known as a fly-by-night organization.

Indian brands such as Onida, Godrej, Videocon have not done well in Bangladesh in the past because of reliability issues with their TV's, Fridges and Aircons. Yearly sales were in the hundred units or less.

Bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh has not been too sweet for the last decade because our Bangladeshi exporters (be it batteries, cellphones, packaged food or garments) have REPEATEDLY faced stiff non-tariff barriers in India because of fake dumping claims by Indian manufacturers.

This was (and continues to be) the work of corrupt Indian politicians in cahoots with crooked Indian manufacturers who run to Delhi anytime they are faced with "better quality AND lower priced" Bangladeshi products which are far more competitive. Indian manufacturers have gone so far as to create propaganda against Bangladeshis themselves (in cahoots with BJP/RSS), to discredit our national image so that our products do not succeed in India. No matter - our products are still being sold in India under international brand-names just fine.

These are the current issues that exist and it has soured the Bangladeshi consumer about the reciprocal acceptance of any Indian product, which do not face any built in barriers to entry (tariff or otherwise) to the Bangladesh market.

The condescension you see in Bangladesh is meant for crooked Indian Banyas, who also cheat Indians, by not investing in India itself and providing the average Indian a job to manufacture them locally. To this day all Indian cellphones are assembled from cheap sub-assemblies made in China, which is not the case in Bangladesh.

Bangladeshi companies make 75-80% of all cellphones sold locally (mostly from scratch), which includes assembly of brands like Samsung and their latest models like G20. Same with fridges, TV's you name it.

India at this time is behind Bangladesh on assembly and manufacture of various consumer electronic devices.

Crooked Indian banyas can only do one thing well - that is manipulate their govt. to make an extra buck, and cheat the Indian populace in the process, both job-wise and product-wise.

The condescension is not only mine, but belongs generally to the minds of Bangladeshi consumers. It is not meant for people, but rather Indian Banyas and their 'Indianized' products, which to date have not proven to be the equal of Japanese or other Asian brands (even those from Thailand). Indian products are fine for Indian consumers but come up very short when they are compared to products made for global markets.

Voltas' reputation as a maker of industrial and commercial HVAC and refrigeration products is something very different from having an excellent product line of split-A/C products. Daikin sells ten times as many A/C product, just in the Chinese market, compared to India. Daikin wisely bought out USHA-Sriram instead of being saddled with USHA's hackneyed product philosophy.

Most Indian Banyas have this disease, trying to enjoy a closed market for their third-rate back-dated 'Indianized' products and controlling politicians to prevent entry of more competitive foreign product into the India.

It's good to know that Voltas provides good service in India. Outside India, they will find it both difficult and expensive to either build or maintain that brand reputation. It is not done in one or two years.

I also doubt that their Bangladeshi dealer 'Nitol Group' is up-to-the mark in providing the after sales service because they are known as a fly-by-night organization.

Indian brands such as Onida, Godrej, Videocon have not done well in Bangladesh in the past because of reliability issues with their TV's, Fridges and Aircons. Yearly sales were in the hundred units or less.

Bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh has not been too sweet for the last decade because our Bangladeshi exporters (be it batteries, cellphones, packaged food or garments) have REPEATEDLY faced stiff non-tariff barriers in India because of fake dumping claims by Indian manufacturers.

This was (and continues to be) the work of corrupt Indian politicians in cahoots with crooked Indian manufacturers who run to Delhi anytime they are faced with "better quality AND lower priced" Bangladeshi products which are far more competitive. Indian manufacturers have gone so far as to create propaganda against Bangladeshis themselves (in cahoots with BJP/RSS), to discredit our national image so that our products do not succeed in India. No matter - our products are still being sold in India under international brand-names just fine.

These are the current issues that exist and it has soured the Bangladeshi consumer about the reciprocal acceptance of any Indian product, which do not face any built in barriers to entry (tariff or otherwise) to the Bangladesh market.

The condescension you see in Bangladesh is meant for crooked Indian Banyas, who also cheat Indians, by not investing in India itself and providing the average Indian a job to manufacture them locally. To this day all Indian cellphones are assembled from cheap sub-assemblies made in China, which is not the case in Bangladesh.

Bangladeshi companies make 75-80% of all cellphones sold locally (mostly from scratch), which includes assembly of brands like Samsung and their latest models like G20. Same with fridges, TV's you name it.

India at this time is behind Bangladesh on assembly and manufacture of various consumer electronic devices.

Crooked Indian banyas can only do one thing well - that is manipulate their govt. to make an extra buck, and cheat the Indian populace in the process, both job-wise and product-wise.
Baniya r maane jaano?

Baniya r maane jaano?

Ha Dada jani. In Bangladesh it means Crooked Indian Businessman.

Apni amakey 'tumi' korey shombodhon korcchen? We hardly know each other and can't be speaking on a 'Tumi' basis... :-)

Ha Dada jani. In Bangladesh it means Crooked Indian Businessman.

Apni amakey 'tumi' korey shombodhon korcchen? We hardly know each other and can't be speaking on a 'Tumi' basis... :-)
Abar podde dekho ki likechi....

Baniyaa is a small section of traditional traders, insinuating they are crooks is alike attributing any other distinguishable group with a made-up negative connotation.

I am beginning to realize you come from a very different Bangladesh that I have visited.

Abar podde dekho ki likechi....

Baniyaa is a small section of traditional traders, insinuating they are crooks is alike attributing any other distinguishable group with a made-up negative connotation.

I am beginning to realize you come from a very different Bangladesh that I have visited.

Bangladesh is not a small place, with 165 Million souls living in it. Not all of them will be India-lovers, each may have their own reasons.

For me, I believe we have paid Indian govt. more than anything due them for 1971 by being their private dancer for fifty some years (being an unequal trade partner, taken full advantage of), and I'd say 95% of Bangladeshis will agree with me about Indian govt. being the step-mother they are. No offense to you personally, but we Bangladeshis have had enough of this treatment.

Your Govt. shuts off water in the rivers every year (especially Farakka) in lean season and turns Bangladesh into a desert. In return we go to India and until 2019 spent some USD 7 Billion in India yearly for medical tourism.

In Dhaka city alone we have over three lakh or more illegal Indian corporate workers remitting some five to six Billion US dollars to India yearly. In return your Govt. calls us termites (basically untrue), screws us over day-in and day-out verbally in the media.

We are more than hospitable to any Indian visitors in Bangladesh by inviting them home and treating them to five course meals. In return, when we go to Kolkata to visit you, we hear "Kheye eschecchen, na giye khaben?" ("You ate already before you came, or are you planning to go eat at home?"). This is so common that it has become a common joke in Bangladesh about Kolkata behavior.

We patronize Kolkata merchants, restaurants and hotels in such fashion (85% of their yearly business is done during the Two Eids in Bangladesh) that most of them have now gone out of business because we don't visit during Covid. In return - you mock us as Muslims everyday in social forums, calling us 'Katua' etc.

Your govt. tries to match Chinese loans in futile fashion and forces our hands into contracts that are one-sidedly beneficial to India and Indian mfrs. only. Then your inefficient govt. servants and crooked businesspeople take up ten years finishing a project (if it ever does) - while similar projects are finished by the Chinese in less than two years.

You yourself are probably not to blame, but your country as a govt. sets VERY bad precedents as a neighbor, and deserves all bad things that result.

I realize this may not be your fault, but I don't see the trade between our countries increasing considerably going forward, because your govt. and your crooked businesses will need to alter their business policies and above all play fair.

I am trying to lay this out in as civil and non-offensive a pattern as possible.

The bad relationship between Bangladesh and India is not new. It has been in the making for fifty years. The results will be there too - and probably get worse.

Bangladesh is not a small place, with 165 Million souls living in it. Not all of them will be India-lovers, each may have their own reasons.

For me, I believe we have paid Indian govt. more than anything due them for 1971 by being their private dancer for fifty some years (being an unequal trade partner, taken full advantage of), and I'd say 95% of Bangladeshis will agree with me about Indian govt. being the step-mother they are. No offense to you personally, but we Bangladeshis have had enough of this treatment.

Your Govt. shuts off water in the rivers every year (especially Farakka) in lean season and turns Bangladesh into a desert. In return we go to India and until 2019 spent some USD 7 Billion in India yearly for medical tourism.

In Dhaka city alone we have over three lakh or more illegal Indian corporate workers remitting some five to six Billion US dollars to India yearly. In return your Govt. calls us termites (basically untrue), screws us over day-in and day-out verbally in the media.

We are more than hospitable to any Indian visitors in Bangladesh by inviting them home and treating them to five course meals. In return, when we go to Kolkata to visit you, we hear "Kheye eschecchen, na giye khaben?" ("You ate already before you came, or are you planning to go eat at home?"). This is so common that it has become a common joke in Bangladesh about Kolkata behavior.

We patronize Kolkata merchants, restaurants and hotels in such fashion (85% of their yearly business is done during the Two Eids in Bangladesh) that most of them have now gone out of business because we don't visit during Covid. In return - you mock us as Muslims everyday in social forums, calling us 'Katua' etc.

Your govt. tries to match Chinese loans in futile fashion and forces our hands into contracts that are one-sidedly beneficial to India and Indian mfrs. only. Then your inefficient govt. servants and crooked businesspeople take up ten years finishing a project (if it ever does) - while similar projects are finished by the Chinese in less than two years.

You yourself are probably not to blame, but your country as a govt. sets VERY bad precedents as a neighbor, and deserves all bad things that result.

I realize this may not be your fault, but I don't see the trade between our countries increasing considerably going forward, because your govt. and your crooked businesses will need to alter their business policies and above all play fair.

I am trying to lay this out in as civil and non-offensive a pattern as possible.

The bad relationship between Bangladesh and India is not new. It has been in the making for fifty years. The results will be there too - and probably get worse.

In all honesty, if you ever visit kolkatta let me know. I can assure you, and for absolutely your sake, you will change your view, atleast for the hospitality side of it.

Government dealings, contracts all else depends on who is doing business in bangladesh with you. I am and always have been proponent of good relations with Bangladesh, because friends I have who are from the country. But as you said, many people many view.

Is this brand known outside India at all ?

Well they make industrial chillers and HVAC equipment which are large valve and controls-based plumbing projects. They do a lot of business in the Middle East (Gulf) because Industrial central air conditioning equipment is a huge market in the desert countries.

But outside the Gulf, I doubt VOLTAS or other Indian mfrs. has any footprint in other markets. Indian mfrs. mostly operate in the low-technology low-end of the industrial HVAC market wherever they have a presence.

However in India - their market share for room and SPLIT A/Cs is slipping to better brands with better technology, such as Daikin (Japanese), LG, Daewoo (both Korean) and Carrier (US Brand but owned by China conglomerate I think).

Daikin has three Indian plants already and will be the market leader in India soon.

Well they make industrial chillers and HVAC equipment which are large valve and controls-based plumbing projects. They do a lot of business in the Middle East (Gulf) because Industrial central air conditioning equipment is a huge market in the desert countries.

But outside the Gulf, I doubt VOLTAS or other Indian mfrs. has any footprint in other markets. Indian mfrs. mostly operate in the low-technology low-end of the industrial HVAC market wherever they have a presence.

However in India - their market share for room and SPLIT A/Cs is slipping to better brands with better technology, such as Daikin (Japanese), LG, Daewoo (both Korean) and Carrier (US Brand but owned by China conglomerate I think).

Daikin has three Indian plants already and will be the market leader in India soon.

I never heard of this brand.

Back
Top Bottom