What's new

World Domination of American Culture shown in Maps, How America robs the World with useless stuff

You? You can't even count year from BCE to AD :omghaha:

It is well documented Brahmi script came from semitic Aramaic script. There is no other credible theory.

There was no Hindi until Mughal ruled south Asia in 16th century. You need more schooling in your own history. You can't even tell a good lie :rofl::rofl:.

Recycling the same garbage something unique about you. :haha:

If Chinese Martial Arts is a cultural export, that holds true of Yoga as well, even more so. If the Art of War is well known, then Kama Sutra is not far behind. Karma is better known than ying yang. Bollywood is more popular than Chinese movie industry. Hinduism is better known than Confucian religion. Indian culture truly has global appeal though Indian food is somewhat lagging in that sense.

I think people are looking a little too deeply into this...especially about "culture".

Starbuck's or McDonald's has about as much interest in spreading culture as the company that makes your toothpaste.

If you want to wave your toothpaste around and talk about some foreign culture "taking over"...well people are going to look at you like you are a nut. If you feel that stamp on the back of your laptop case is supposedly spreading culture too... then you will also sound like a nut.

It just so happens that McDonald's sells burgers. It could easily be switched with a store that sells paperclips. You think they are trying to sell culture or make a buck?

Using fire and tool as the instrument to learn science, as a primitive stage of human development by chance human tapped 2 rocks together and ignited fire. There isn't a process of learning how to start a fire to be consider fire is part of scientific method. Using fire as the example of science is down right ignorant. Science require year of exploration, research and complete understand of the instrinsically subject and not totally base on chance.

Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"[1]) is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.[2][3] In an older and closely related meaning, "science" also refers to a body of knowledge itself, of the type that can be rationally explained and reliably applied.

I said use of fire, not how to start fire. The knowledge that fire can be started, can used to cook food, to deter predators, to keep oneself warm, was pretty advanced science for that time. Not something that was entirely discovered by chance but by generations and generations of observation. Observing natural and man made fires. Observing its effects. By trial and error.

But if for you science means modern science, things that you see around yourself, things that are in your syllabus, still some cultures other than western ones were early on:

From their beginnings in Sumer (now Iraq) around 3500 BC, the Mesopotamian peoples began to attempt to record some observations of the world with extremely thorough numerical data. But their observations and measurements were seemingly taken for purposes other than for scientific laws. A concrete instance of Pythagoras' law was recorded as early as the 18th century BC—the Mesopotamian cuneiform tablet Plimpton 322 records a number of Pythagorean triplets (3,4,5) (5,12,13) ..., dated 1900 BC, possibly millennia before Pythagoras, [1]—but an abstract formulation of the Pythagorean theorem was not.[1

Excavations at Harappa, Mohenjo-daro and other sites of the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) have uncovered evidence of the use of "practical mathematics". The people of the IVC manufactured bricks whose dimensions were in the proportion 4:2:1, considered favorable for the stability of a brick structure. They used a standardized system of weights based on the ratios: 1/20, 1/10, 1/5, 1/2, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, and 500, with the unit weight equaling approximately 28 grams (and approximately equal to the English ounce or Greek uncia). They mass-produced weights in regular geometrical shapes, which included hexahedra, barrels, cones, and cylinders, thereby demonstrating knowledge of basic geometry.[20]

The inhabitants of Indus civilization also tried to standardize measurement of length to a high degree of accuracy. They designed a ruler—the Mohenjo-daro ruler—whose unit of length (approximately 1.32 inches or 3.4 centimetres) was divided into ten equal parts. Bricks manufactured in ancient Mohenjo-daro often had dimensions that were integral multiples of this unit of length.[21][22]

Mehrgarh, a Neolithic IVC site, provides the earliest known evidence for in vivo drilling of human teeth, with recovered samples dated to 7000-5500 BCE.[23]

Compared to:

Scientific thought in Classical Antiquity becomes tangible from the 6th century BC in pre-Socratic philosophy (Thales, Pythagoras). In c. 385 BC, Plato founded the Academy. With Plato's student Aristotle begins the "scientific revolution" of the Hellenistic period culminating in the 3rd to 2nd centuries with scholars such as Eratosthenes, Euclid, Aristarchus of Samos, Hipparchus and Archimedes.

A few millennia late.

I think people are looking a little too deeply into this...especially about "culture".

Starbuck's or McDonald's has about as much interest in spreading culture as the company that makes your toothpaste.

If you want to wave your toothpaste around and talk about some foreign culture "taking over"...well people are going to look at you like you are a nut. If you feel that stamp on the back of your laptop case is supposedly spreading culture too... then you will also sound like a nut.

It just so happens that McDonald's sells burgers. It could easily be switched with a store that sells paperclips. You think they are trying to sell culture or make a buck?

Except for in peoples view, McDonald itself is part of the culture.

Except for in peoples view, McDonald itself is part of the culture.

Oh brother..well I guess I should be glad they don't sell paperclips or that would be tied to American culture too.

American culture t-Shirt!!!!
tshirt_clippy.jpg

Last edited:
You have your own, but Bollywood is the biggest plagiarizer of Hollywood movies, that includes American music and dance moves too.
Who said Bollywood is copying Hollywood's music and dance steps???
Are you serious ?? Check out Bollywood Dance moves and Hollywood dance moves first...
Indians are working in Hollywood music industries example: A R Rehman search on Google
Hollywood Music and Bollywood Music are very different from each other..
You don't know any thing about Bollywood and Hollywood i think

How America robs the World with useless stuff

Useless ? If people like it, then it is not useless.

But we don't want to culturally colonize the world. We think indigenous culture should be respected. I understand you don't appreciate the worth of indigenous culture because your 'country' would not exist if not held together by the cultural glue of colonial British institutions like the English language, and the 'secular' state. But there's no need to project your cultural incoherency and worthlessness onto other countries. Often, they don't suffer from the inadequacies you do.
The adoption of individual cultural artifacts from another country by a people is beyond anyone's control. The moment peoples interact, cultural mingling is inevitable. So it is silly to even imply that the US somehow 'culturally colonize' the world and equally silly to try to portray China as somehow morally superior. If you want to really 'respect' indigenous cultures, then do not interact with them. Run away if they approach you. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Except Chinese food is everywhere, and I mean everywhere. It's even in India, Indian food is not in China, I mean it is, but nobody knows about it.

American culture at one point is lame, because America had no culture, but two world wars, one cold war later, it is what it is.

Your simple assumption Chinese culture sucks isn't racist, it's your lack of understanding of what equals good.

Chinese culture will spread like wildfire once we become the biggest economy for a while, and win a few wars. That's really the requirement. McDs suck and Starbucks suck, but America doesn't, so they don't suck.

I tasted some great Indian food and bought a few great Indian jewelry and worked with some amazing Indian dudes, but India doesn't have a good reputation, why? Your country is not even close to be in the top tier.

So whether Chinese culture will spread? It already has, it's just not as apparent as the giant that is the US.
That is one of the stupidest criticism around. It is impossible to exist as a country for over two hundred yrs, the people travels the world, the science dominate every field, the politics emulated by many, and not have a culture.

You want to be a snob and look down on American culture ? Do so. But do not make yourself look stupid by saying America does not have a culture because it means you do not know the real meaning of the word.

lol..where's the dominance part?

Google is a freakin' search engine. People use it for their own purposes.

Eating McDonalds is not a big deal either.

It is just that Americans have centralized "brands"...When you eat McDonads, it goes to the company.

On the other hand, Americans eat way more Asian food, Indian food, Middle-Eastern Food, European food etc etc..but they do it via small businesses ran by peoples of these lands spread throughout America.

Real American 'domination' is in the field of knowledge.

lol..where's the dominance part?

Google is a freakin' search engine. People use it for their own purposes.

Eating McDonalds is not a big deal either.

It is just that Americans have centralized "brands"...When you eat McDonads, it goes to the company.

On the other hand, Americans eat way more Asian food, Indian food, Middle-Eastern Food, European food etc etc..but they do it via small businesses ran by peoples of these lands spread throughout America.

Real American 'domination' is in the field of knowledge.

Google is NSA search engine. They collect data about you while you surf.

McDonalds Food...Nobody realy knows which chemicals are in it. People who daily eat at Mcdonalds become obese and die of sugar.

Yes. Americans collect Knowledge of all kind. They dont share their knowledge, they just suck your brain dry.

China will never enjoy the kind of soft power that America has. Chinese culture is not appealing to most of the world.

What about India? Also, what do you find appealing about American culture?

Google is NSA search engine. They collect data about you while you surf.

Is there a search engine that works just as good as google?

Is there a search engine that works just as good as google?

They have all backdoors installed from NSA. Even the Chinese search engine Ali Baba has a backdoor for the NSA.

Internet was invented to collect spy data. If you dont want to get spied, you must avoid it.

I have used numerous search engines and google is best among them.

They are damm intelligent. ..
Nope! WE ARE SUCKERS and morons who've been taken for a ride by the Yanks! And we seem not to mind!

I can make better coffee at home than Starbucks for one twentieth the cost! But I'm a sucker who needs to go there with my girlfriend. How else can I impress her?? 8-)

Back
Top Bottom