What's new

America is losing the semiconductor battle to China, Beijing's Micron ban shows that other countries want no part of the US trade war

u seem to misunderstand

all of china's current progress is due to deng xiaoping (and also credit to the chiense people), xi did nothing to help any of it

there's always a lag in policy and effects, u can already began to see xi's disasterous policy in the high unemployment rate and low birthrates and slow GDP growth, soon there will be a stagnation in technological development

talent was flowing into china in previous years, now it's flowing out again.

only reason china hasn't deteriorated faster is again due to chiense people, no thanks to xi's governance

xi only looks fine right now because of the accumulated wealth from deng's legacy. soon xi will waste all of it and china's future

the 2 leaders i truly admire in asia, lee kuan yew and deng xiaoping, the only ones who realize that capitalism and free markets are the only path forward.

talent was flowing into china in previous years, now it's flowing out again.
You seems to live in another universe

You seems to live in another universe

that says 2021, that's before xi jinping showed his true terror with officially ending deng's "reform and opening up", doing the covid lockdowns, and then going for lifelong emperor position

i was fortunate enough to make many lifelong chinese and indian friends here in the US, i saw every wave of immigration and what these groups thought of their homelands

it wasn't until 2000's that i saw chinese starting to want to go back to china after seeing the results of deng's policies

during trump era they really wanted to go back

after xi's recent belligerence the chinese i know no longer want to go back and see no hope in china

the change in sentiment happened all very fast in 2022-2023

again im simply going by what my chinese friends say since being in the scientific community ive always worked alongside them

that says 2021, that's before xi jinping showed his true terror with officially ending deng's "reform and opening up", doing the covid lockdowns, and then going for lifelong emperor position

i was fortunate enough to make many lifelong chinese and indian friends here in the US, i saw every wave of immigration and what these groups thought of their homelands

it wasn't until 2000's that i saw chinese starting to want to go back to china after seeing the results of deng's policies

during trump era they really wanted to go back

after xi's recent belligerence the chinese i know no longer want to go back and see no hope in china

You sound like a CIA mole indeed.

Those studies are made yearly not monthly, we can see the trend coming in China's favor, you've been living under a rock for so long, 2022-2023? we can make a bet here and everyone can see who will be right in a year's time.

You sound like a CIA mole indeed.
I m a big Deng's supporter myself, but Only fools would believe that policies made half a century ago should remain unchanged regardless of how the time and geopolitics have changed over time.

I m a big Deng's supporter myself, but Only fools would believe that policies made half a century ago should remain unchanged regardless of how the time and geopolitics have changed over time.
Apparently, many outside China also love Deng for his "pro-West" policies when China was weak, and Xi is seen as more tough on them now.

the "policy" is that there's "no policy" so there's nothing to change

deng simply embraced capitalism and the market economy which is a hands off approach, and as a result u now see china as a military and economic superpower

in fact, his real mistakes were not loosening enough and doing the one child policy

if anything was to be changed it should have been to reduce government further, but here we see china going exactly the opposite direction and creating an expensive and monstrous bureaucracy

with all these low birthrate countries, i ask, how can anyone afford children if they have to support such a large government that's the equivalent of multiple children

deng simply embraced capitalism and the market economy which is a hands off approach, and as a result u now see china as a military and economic superpower

in fact, his real mistakes were not loosening enough and doing the one child policy

if anything was to be changed it should have been to reduce government further, but here we see china going exactly the opposite direction and creating an expensive and monstrous bureaucracy

with all these low birthrate countries, i ask, how can anyone afford children if they have to support such a large government that's the equivalent of multiple children
Any Chinese or foreigners how really know China can clearly notice that the reason why China can develop so fast during the past 4 deades is that China's policies have been constantly changing to adapt itself to the fast changing situations home and abroad. we believe change is the nature for everything and every progress. You can stick to the old yourself forever but don't expect we Chinese do the same.

All developed countris and all East Asian countries have this problem, Korea and Japan are even worse, it has nothing to do with Deng or XI.

"The Civil Service of the People's Republic of China is the administrative system of the traditional Chinese government which consists of all levels who run the day-to-day affairs in China. The members of the civil service are selected through competitive examination.

As of 2009, China has about 10 million civil servants who are managed under the Civil Service Law.[1] Most civil servants work in government agencies and departments."

"In 2021, around 18.28 million people were working for state and local governments in the United States. This is much higher than the number of federal government (civilian) employees, which stood at about 2.85 million people in that year."

By the way, nearly all industrialized countries have low birth rate problems.

Any Chinese or foreigners how really know China can clearly notice that the reason why China can develop so fast during the past 4 deades is that China's policies have been constantly changing to adapt itself to the fast changing situations home and abroad. we believe change is the nature for everything and every progress. You can stick to the old yourself forever but don't expect we Chinese do the same.

china is the one regressing to its old self

china only developed fast in the last few decades because the people were given room to breathe

china's progress is mainly a result of less government interaction and more of letting the people do business more freely

on the current trajectory i do not see china catching up to Western AI, semiconductors, or space technology

"The Civil Service of the People's Republic of China is the administrative system of the traditional Chinese government which consists of all levels who run the day-to-day affairs in China. The members of the civil service are selected through competitive examination.

As of 2009, China has about 10 million civil servants who are managed under the Civil Service Law.[1] Most civil servants work in government agencies and departments."

In 2021, around 18.28 million people were working for state and local governments in the United States. This is much higher than the number of federal government (civilian) employees, which stood at about 2.85 million people in that year.

you just proved my point, why do you think US is having debt issues right now? US govt is spending itself into oblivion.

it's what all the pretend negotiations are supposed to be about right now

china only developed fast in the last few decades because the people were given room to breathe

china's progress is mainly a result of less government interaction and more of letting the people do business more freely

on the current trajectory i do not see china catching up to Western AI, semiconductors, or space technology

you just proved my point, why do you think US is having debt issues right now?
We Chinese know what we are doing, you can keep living under a rock and talking through your hat about a country and a nation you know very little about.

We Chinese know what we are doing, you can keep living under a rock and talking through your hat about a country and a nation you know very little about.
i've been doing science in the US for more than 30 years and have worked with more chinese colleagues than the other ethnicities combined, my opinions are all learned from them, and they all come from top chinese universities

it's your word against theirs

you just proved my point, why do you think US is having debt issues right now? US govt is spending itself into oblivion.

it's what all the pretend negotiations are supposed to be about right now
China is a much bigger country than US, 4.5 times the population. Don't you think China probably need about 10 million civil servants in all gov agencies and companies to run the country ?

i've been doing science in the US for more than 30 years and have worked with more chinese colleagues than the other ethnicities combined, my opinions are all learned from them, and they all come from top chinese universities

it's your word against theirs
Lol, anyone can say anything about themselves here, but we never based facts on their unverifiable personal stories. I guess you should know it, don't you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom