What's new

World Bank trying to make Bhasha Dam controversial

They have no role in the election of the government of Pakistan and no representation in Pakistan's National Assembly. Without representation how could these land be considered as Pakistani territory. You won't see such confused territorial status anywhere in the world having democratic setup.

For you it might be confusing. For us its simple. If some parts are ruled under Pakistani constitution they are a Pakistani territory.

For you it might be confusing. For us its simple. If some parts are ruled under Pakistani constitution they are a Pakistani territory.

Wouldn't mind if India applied the same logic to territory on its side will you ?

Wouldn't mind if India applied the same logic to territory on its side will you ?

Since it is controlled by India, it would be defacto Indian territory not dejure. Just like GB and AJK.

Not that we consider it Indian territory.

Arey why don't you guys just agree with LOC = IB and all your problems will be solved. Jitna Loan mangoge milega. We are ready for that right now. Delay it further and you will start regreting it just like we didn't agree to Zhou Enlai proposal in 1960s. The distance between India and Pakistan will only increase with time just like it has happened between India and China.

BTW this is standard practice by International Donors that they don't fund project in disputed area. They have refused us in Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh. So please don't cry about this.

I too would find everything controversial when I was a student, you know cuz you cant get any more broke when you are a student..so I think I understand this controversialness

Arey why don't you guys just agree with LOC = IB and all your problems will be solved. Jitna Loan mangoge milega. We are ready for that right now. Delay it further and you will start regreting it just like we didn't agree to Zhou Enlai proposal in 1960s. The distance between India and Pakistan will only increase with time just like it has happened between India and China.

That is for the govt to decide. In my view. Status quo is good.

BTW this is standard practice by International Donors that they don't fund project in disputed area. They have refused us in Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh. So please don't cry about this.

I am not crying. In fact in my previous posts I have already said that it is idiots in GOP who are embarrassing themselves and the whole country on this issue. I understand WB's action in this case.

Only if all Pakistanis payed their taxes fairly...Pakistan gov would not be begging international institutions to build power projects in their own land like Kashmir & Gilgit-Baltistan.

World Bank trying to make Bhasha Dam controversial - thenews.com.pk
World Bank trying to make Bhasha Dam controversial

more challenge for the proponents of water dams.
It is on record that IMF has given as much money to Zardari.. which has never be given to any state but no money for infrastructure projects !!!
Common sense is enough to see the evil behind... people of Pakistan stop supporting agents of IMF and world bank in shape of popular leaders.

You will have to get your mind to realize that the World Bank may be called that, but eventually it is a private organization run for profit.

ADB, IMF and the World Bank are similar and some times competing organizations. They are known to destroy a project if they are not able to make profit out of it.

Lastly, the government should learn to execute these projects more effeciently. Do you know that we pay Kala Bagh and Basha Dam surcharge with every electricity bill that we pay ?

World Bank & other lobbies are trying their very best to stop Pakistan from making Bhasha & Kala Bagh dam, these lobbies are all Pro Indian & fully operated by Indians.

The best thing for Pakistan to do here is to give the contract to China & let them make Bhasha & Kala Bagh dam, to hell with the World Bank & Indian lobbies....

First: Lobbies don't need to do anything here. This is standard policy for any international organization.

Second: Nobody helps a country like Pakistan, who is poor on purpose. We could be in top 20 richest countries, but we have refused to aim high, instead we like to compare ourselves to Afghanistan.

Third: China is not Pakistan's bank account. They will engage in a project if there is something in it for them. They didn't make trillions by throwing money away.

You will have to get your mind to realize that the World Bank may be called that, but eventually it is a private organization run for profit.

ADB, IMF and the World Bank are similar and some times competing organizations. They are known to destroy a project if they are not able to make profit out of it.

Lastly, the government should learn to execute these projects more effeciently. Do you know that we pay Kala Bagh and Basha Dam surcharge with every electricity bill that we pay ?

Good points.... the unnecessary burden of a loan and its interest payments will bankrupt Pakistan eventually. The reason for our current condition is because of payment of interest on loans that we wasted away.

We could talk of these mega-projects once we can provide most of the funds ourselves without worrying about payments.

I think Pakistan can launch infrastructure bonds just like in US and most recently in India for development projects .people of Pakistan can invest in this project and get returns with full maturity .My guess most difficult thing for any Government is to raise its credibiltiy rather then funds .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom