What's new

World Bank: India Has World's Largest Population of Poor

Wow.. If you take that report.. The only country that has made giant strides in every aspects of HDI categories is Bangladesh.. Kudos to them.. Hopefully they will make further progress to get in to High HDI developed nation without any internal or external destabilizing factors

@BDforever
thanks brother :cheers: but still long way to go for us :-)

The data came from Oxford OPHI (everybody has a different system to measure something).

Still not much of an improvement if the numbers of people in poverty is still around 400mil.

21.9% of 1.2Billion is 400 million. Great mathematics. :lol::lol:

Wow.. If you take that report.. The only country that has made giant strides in every aspects of HDI categories is Bangladesh.. Kudos to them.. Hopefully they will make further progress to get in to High HDI developed nation without any internal or external destabilizing factors

@BDforever

Indeed. Bangladesh under Sheikh Hasina's competent governance has made great strides in development, yet unfortunately they are still a Low human development country. Although I do believe they will reach medium level very soon.

Besides, if you look at history of HDI , all South Asian countries except Pakistan have made great strides in the last 10 years.

India has a lot of poor, im not taking a dig but when i visted Delhi and Mumbai there were poor people literallty living on the streets. I guess the problem is immense in India.
Yup.
But as a percentage of population its declining each year. Our cities today are exponentially better than they were a decade ago.

Hopefully, the process would be extremely fast once the new Govt takes over.

It is changing really fast in India. Came back to India after 4 years and the street behind my house finally has a road :D And the mile long open drain near my friends house(in delhi) as well is finally covered and road being constructed on it. bout 50% complete. it is slow yea but development is spilling everywhere. I guess 10 more years and life in Delhi will be as good as present day South American countries like Brazil

Oxford data listed India's poor around 33% that is unless you want to doubt one of the most prestigious academy on the face of the planet.
31% to be precise.We are little bit short of target given by U.N.(millenium devlopment goals).The report will be released by 2015.lets wait to see how much progress India has made

So, you came down to 33% from 40%. :laugh:

typo, but because the poor in India is still around 400mil. India still has a long way to go even to my country.

31% to be precise.We are little bit short of target given by U.N.(millenium devlopment goals).The report will be released by 2015.lets wait to see how much progress India has made

2010 data, but let's see whatever the future hold.

typo, but because the poor in India is still around 400mil. India still has a long way to go even to my country.

The population is 1.2 Billion, yours is mere 200 million. So, don't act idiotic with number game.

Back
Top Bottom