What's new

Workers should remain united if British police arrest me | Altaf

I find that so disturbing to know that something like that could happen in Punjab !

I apologize for that !

You dont have to apologize for anything. Those bigots do not represent Punjab...nor should by any level Punjab be answerable to Sindh or otherwise. Because supposedly that was the idea of being Pakistani(and Muslims Majority to an extent) that our distinctions were to only matter culturally. The idea was that you take pride when you see people from Balochistan and their hardiness , See a Yousafzai and their culture, See the lights and sounds of Lahore.. to the Dhaga Kebabs in Karachi.. You feel the same throughout. Sure, you would always find differences.. but it should feel the same as it would when you visit a relative's house. It would feel different and yet the same. And it does, but bigotry , racism.. most of them out of vested interests and people like Ayub Khan and Zia.. have left us torn apart.

I go find meals here now and then in a place called Chicken hut because its Halal. There, a Mirpuri guy takes my order which is prepared by a Bengali and is served by a Pathan from Naguman. They all are at it in their workplace.. all speaking in relative levels of Urdu.. no one uses English except to communicate with customers. In the many times I've been there, Ive heard them talking on the phones now and then.. I hear bengali, I hear Pushto.. but they all work to make a living and get along.
Perhaps I am too romantic or foolish to see a glimpse of what Iqbal thought of. But then again, there are just the "stories" of a long crushed idealist.

Yes. Another holier than thou person so brave and fighting all terrorists in the country via its leader in London.

So impressed. Maybe seeing them in 2007 with assault rifles shooting up half the city was just standard municipal work - not terrorism.

Maybe the fact that its founding members have gone on record outlining the brutality and mafia nature of the party is just terrorist propaganda too :laugh:

there are few reasons for MQM not going national

1) very bad PR after 12th may, sheikh rasheed also pointed that out and said that before 12th may, many feudals were willings to join MQM because of good work by mustafa kamal, in order to win elections you need feudal support and MQM doesnt get feudal support because of their stance

2) in punjab and KPK they hate MQM infact i have even heard punjabis saying mohajirs are indians, so no surprises there, in KPK they call us jews

Never heard such thing.

Any provincial or ethnic kind of targeting talk is wrong and such people are not representative of whole. I've heard people ****** about mqm. Hell - I don't like the party either. But targeting the people of the group on ethnic lines is wrong

Mohajirs left everything and did the migration. Their loyalty therefore shouldn't be questioned. It's immature and useless waste of time. Kind of like how when altaf Bhai says he'll break away Karachi from federation it's wrong and anti national

2) in punjab and KPK they hate MQM infact i have even heard punjabis saying mohajirs are indians, so no surprises there, in KPK they call us jews

I'm from Punjab, haven't heard that Indian story. But one thing is sure Punjabies hate MQM to core and they have lots of reasons to do that. Do you even know how Punjabis are treated in Karachi? Punjabis aren't racist like you Muhajirs, an MQM candidate was contesting from my constituency in Lahore at NA seat and one of his office was in my street, they did their entire campaign here and did a Jalsa too in NA-121. Nothing bad has happened to him or his supporters here at all and they had full liberty to do their campaign. I am eye witness of it.

Now can a Punjabi do that say in MQM's stronghold? I don't think so.. So cut the crap, people hate MQM because of its militancy. I heard from common people here while I was doing PTI campaign in my constituency, people were worried of MQM's presence in this area even though it was very little. People literally said, this mafia is trying to grab some breathing space here.. This is MQM's repute outside Karachi.

There is whole world outside Karachi, and people who live there aren't idiots. They see what's going on in Karachi and who's doing that.

Do you even know how Punjabis are treated in Karachi? Punjabis aren't racist like you Muhajirs, .

Before calling mohajirs racists find out how many pathans , baluchis , hazaras etc etc live in Lahore , Their large communities were never allowed to settle .. Ever wondered WHY ??

Before calling mohajirs racists find out how many pathans , baluchis , hazaras etc etc live in Lahore , Their large communities were never allowed to settle .. Ever wondered WHY ??

I know 3 pathans here in Kuwait who own property worth crores in Lahore. May be they integrate and are not made to live in colonies specifically for them. its their country, why live like life stock.

Wait, WHAT? :woot:

There are hell lots of pathans, baluchs and hazaras living even in Lahore, please visit Lahore once for Gods sake before posting this baseless things. In my office, 3 pathans and 1 baloch is my colleague and you are saying they aren't allowed to live in Lahore. And for your surprise, even few Muhajirs are also living in Lahore, come and visit Raj Garh, Ram Nagar, Karishna Nagar and Islampura areas of Lahore, entire population is of Muhajirs.. These are the same area which even MQM candidate in recent election tried to concentrate a lot because of its muhajir majority, but guess what, they didn't even give a single fck..

not in great numbers and IDPs werent too much welcomed in lahore and Punjab either

I'm not talking about IDPs, these guys are living all over Punjab including Lahore since ages. Every Lahori or anyone who often visit Lahore can easily confirm it, so whatever you and @pak-marine are claiming is complete BS with no truth in it at all..

Published: Monday, May 25, 2009

And an excerpt from this article:
* PML-Q provincial president says Punjab govt stopping IDPs from entering province at Attock Bridge

This just a political blame from a punjab's opposition party.. Nice try though :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know 3 pathans here in Kuwait who own property worth crores in Lahore. May be they integrate and are not made to live in colonies specifically for them. its their country, why live like life stock.

in karachi we have 40 million pathans my point was to do with masses not a friends example btw the example you gave is not integration its more like immigration .. We in karachi are integrated with several communities from decades

in karachi we have 40 million pathans my point was to do with masses not a friends example btw the example you gave is not integration its more like immigration .. We in karachi are integrated with several communities from decades

You have to look at the Karachi situation from another angle, it is the economic hub of Pakistan. So it is bound to have more of everyone there. But on the other hand Lahore is not, so def u are bound to have more of every ethnicity in that city compared to the rest of Pakistan. Even though I hate categorizing them as they are all Pakistanis.

chill guys nothing will happen to Altaf Bhai. he just wanted people to give him some coverage apparently Sikander had given Altaf competition by keeping live footage for 5 hours. and Zamurad also got the lime light so now this whole speech is useless and debating 7 pages on it is useless too! nothing will happen to altaf bhai

You have to look at the Karachi situation from another angle, it is the economic hub of Pakistan. So it is bound to have more of everyone there. But on the other hand Lahore is not, so def u are bound to have more of every ethnicity in that city compared to the rest of Pakistan. Even though I hate categorizing them as they are all Pakistanis.

Out of 20 million population of khi there are 40 million pathans , Lahore is also a thriving business hub next in line out of 7 million how many pathans are there ? In my view they are not allowed in vast numbers to settle as this may cause cultural imbalance & may shift power balance , its kept this way for a purpose

Back
Top Bottom