What's new

Won’t apologise or withdraw charges against Devyani: US

Well done, Americans.

You don't bow down to this corrupt overhandedness of our government, for a woman that cheated her own citizen by flaunting a US law, thinking that her consular status will give her immunity. I feel sorry for the maid.

Lock her up if she is guilty.

Sick is the mind of the amreekans who cannot admit their own mistake. I hope we sever ties with these most ungrateful of people. Why should we help to contain China if amreeka acts like this to us?
Bro, understand something, and I am saying this from my worldwide travels.

The world doesn't function like a chaotic pot that we have made out of our country. There are laws that are also followed in their countries. While we are busy drawing stupid conspiracy theories and aiding incumbent corrupt government in successfully distracting Indian population, they are smartly standing up for their laws.

US did not admit to a cavity search but a strip search. There's a lot of difference.

Don't go into this 'Indian vs Foreign' lie that the useless media is feeding you. While the process for a Consular officer may be different, she has violated a US federal law by severely underpaying and misbehaving with her maid who actually was the citizen of the country she represents abroad!!

How shameless can that be?

Look at this from the maid's perspective, bhai. She is a poor woman who was brought to US to earn a living for herself and her family. Tell me, if you are promised INR 1,50,000 equivalent abroad in a country, but are paid INR 100 for a month, and you have no power to protest this injustice, how will you feel?

Fortunately, the maid was able to convey her grievances and Devyani forgot that US is not India where her status would save her neck.

So why is it a India vs US issue? When the villain of this whole story was that Indian consular officer?

Is this the image we want the world to see? Corrupt and law-flaunting losers who embarrass the entire nation in a foreign country?

Last edited:
OK, then if the minimum wages in Pakistan would be 10 then in USA it is 100 and in Ghana it would be 1 depending on the finance of one country. So Why would the person posted to Ghana will ever want to go there. Of all the countries foreign staff will all want to work in US or Japan.

My friend the salary structure does not work this way as you think. The salary of every staff are same for a particular country. Apart from that they get allowances for different category depending on a index prepared by the parent country for different countries. I.e allownces will bedifferent for US, UK, China or Japan where the staff will be posted.

But in this case this was a nanny who was not a staff, right. That's the argument that DA is making taking into account the minimum wages clause.

Now that the Govt. will convert all the nannies/helps in to Govt. employees the minimum wage clause will not apply to them. Of course the minimum wage clause will be applied on basis of the parent country. Is that clear?
Two points:
1. All Govt official posted to USA Japan will recieve pay as per US/Japan Levels.
Thats why ppl in FM love to work in Rich countries....
2. India diplomate is being charged with fraud.. That on paper she agreed to pay her nanny as per US law, and in reality she paid as per indian law...secondly as mentioned, she violated minimun salary clause which is also a serious issue in USA.

Indian should consider and discuss: Is she protected(enjoys a blanket immunity) or She enjoys a limited one like Raymond Devies.

PS: Someone said that US should not compromise China containment just for a sake of a Nanny. I Will say india should compromise china containment for the sake of a Law violating and Fraud diplomat.

Well done, Americans.

You don't bow down to this corrupt overhandedness of our government, for a woman that cheated her own citizen by flaunting a US law, thinking that her consular status will give her immunity. I feel sorry for the maid.

The world doesn't function like a chaotic pot that we have made out of our country. There are laws that are also followed in their countries. While we are busy drawing stupid conspiracy theories and aiding incumbent corrupt government in successfully distracting Indian population, they are smartly standing up for their laws.

US did not admit to a cavity search but a strip search. There's a lot of difference.

Don't go into this 'Indian vs Foreign' lie that the useless media is feeding you. While the process for a Consular officer may be different, she has violated a US federal law by severely underpaying and misbehaving with her maid who actually was the citizen of the country she represents abroad!!

Look at this from the maid's perspective, bhai. She is a poor woman who was brought to US to earn a living for herself and her family. Tell me, if you are promised INR 1,50,000 equivalent abroad in a country, but are paid INR 100 for a month, and you have no power to protest this injustice, how will you feel?

Fortunately, the maid was able to convey her grievances and Devyani forgot that US is not India where her status would save her neck.

So why is it a India vs US issue? When the villain of this whole story was that Indian consular officer?

Is this the image we want the world to see? Corrupt and law-flaunting losers who embarrass the entire nation in a foreign country?
I agree with you. Indian media is distracting Indians from the Reality and creating hype which will sour the US - india relations

Indians are a cancer in this world. I've seen so many dirty illegal Indians in Shenzhen coming from Hong Kong and causing so much trouble.

The Chinese authorities must arrest these dirty illegal Indians and execute them. They will bring their rape culture, defecation culture and crime culture to China.

Because of the influx of Indians and Africans in Guangdong Province, the crime rate has skyrocketed. Africans are the worst, they are useless. Indians are not far behind.

I can see why the west colonised and tried to civilise Africans and Indians. Without the west, these two people would be behaving worse than they are right now.

The worst part is Africans and Indians have the highest breeding rate of any people, so they are increasing their offspring and ruining this world. They have zero population control and couples have 8-10 offspring. Makes me sick.
.......phew, at least he didn't mention Pakistanis lol.

Well done, Americans.

You just completely consumed American propaganda .... congratulations ... Even if she is involved in corruption there is no ethical or moral reason to justify Strip and cavity search of a woman..

for those who think the poor maid was being mistreated and underpaid

Only claims of disparity in Pay which is contentious considering the Nanny's Free House rent, Free food, Free access to chauffeur driven car, Free clothes, Free Medical Insurance, Free dental insurance, Free death Insurance, Diplomatic passport and its privileges and her salary. Her CTC would easily be 5,000 $ per month or more. There is NOT even a prima facie case against the Indian diplomat.

3. In fact considering your history with illegal immigrants, Why was it that even though the nanny absconded from her work place in July and had her Indian passport revoked she was not arrested by the NYPD ?

4. Why was it that when the Delhi High court passed an injunction against the nanny that she was not declared an illegal fugitive in the eyes of the law ?

5. Why did the govt. of US provide such special treatment to an illegal Indian fugitive from law ?

6. Why did the US further provide a visa for her husband and child by 10th December and facilitate their escape into the US and THEN arrest the Indian diplomat on 12th December ?

7. It was the nanny who claimed a salary of more than 4,500$ when she filled the DS 160 form for A3 visa. Why is she not arrested for Visa fraud when she already had a contract with the diplomat for a far lesser salary ?

8. It can be clearly seen that the nanny was the one perpetuating the fraud, worst that can be claimed is that the Indian diplomat aided and abetted in this fraud (alleged).

Relevant clause is Article 41 which states,

1. Consular officers shall not be liable to arrest or detention pending trial, except in the case of a grave crime and pursuant to a decision by the competent judicial authority. (Grave crime is usually defined as Murder, Rape, Robbery etc. )

2. Except in the case specified in paragraph 1 of this Article, consular officers shall not be committed to prison or liable to any other form of restriction in their personal freedom save in execution of a judicial decision of final effect.

3. If criminal proceedings are instituted against a consular officer, he must appear before the competent authorities. Nevertheless, the proceedings shall be conducted with the respect due to him by reason of his official position and, except in the case specified in paragraph 1 of this Article, in a manner which will hamper the exercise of consular functions as little as possible.

Article 72 does discuss customarily favored treatment beyond the limits of the Convention. This could be what infuriates Indian officials so much.

privilege that consider exists under Article 72.

The Maid's pay should not even be a issue.

Article 47 of the Vienna convention on consular relationship states clearly that the domestic staff working in consulates do not even require a Work Permit, thus excepting them from the labour laws of the host nations. Also the minimum wage laws of the host nation.

As long as the minimum wage of India was satisfied, there is NO legal case.

So you are a diplomat too !!!
Nobody gives a hoot to what happen to common citizens while facing the law. Diplomat is a face of nation.
You should write your views to UN and tell them to change the norms of handling diplomats.

So is this the lady the face of the nation? Not only forging false visa papers but also with the Adarsh allegations plus non-declaration of assets to the MEA itself etc etc. she sounds more of a crook politician than a consular officer and many are treating her like a hero in the whole diplomatic dispute. This is what is called misplaced priority.

So is this the lady the face of the nation? Not only forging false visa papers but also with the Adarsh allegations plus non-declaration of assets to the MEA itself etc etc. she sounds more of a crook politician than a consular officer and many are treating her like a hero in the whole diplomatic dispute. This is what is called misplaced priority.

Nobody is treating her like a Hero , we are upset at the way she was treated, as simple as that . Expecting a foreign country to do something for you is nothing more than being a wuss . Indians are too comfortable in front for their computers typing BS instead of actually fighting govt. corruption

NEVER NEVER NEVER give ultimatums unless you can back it up with threats which can be backed up with force.

India is definitely no sharp poker player. It got a lousy hand, shows all its cards and yells "raise!" before the betting begins.

I tell you simple concept. Nobody is giving lady the clean chit. Whatever charges in Indian jurisdiction will be prosecuted in India. FYI today Adarsh dispute is solved. Read aprropriate news.

Problem here is her mishandling and the US law.
Here handling is not according to the UN guidlines. Barara is lieing.
Non of the state department officials or Indian senior officials are informed when it is must in case. Its clear voilation.

If you think US law is applicable to Indians in US you should not have problems of Indian law in India. Right or wring is not allowed. Law is law and should be respected. And I hope you keep your stand same when partial immunity US officials are arrested for being gay under Indian law.

Two points:
1. All Govt official posted to USA Japan will recieve pay as per US/Japan Levels.
Thats why ppl in FM love to work in Rich countries....

2. India diplomate is being charged with fraud.. That on paper she agreed to pay her nanny as per US law, and in reality she paid as per indian law...secondly as mentioned, she violated minimun salary clause which is also a serious issue in USA.

Indian should consider and discuss: Is she protected(enjoys a blanket immunity) or She enjoys a limited one like Raymond Devies.

PS: Someone said that US should not compromise China containment just for a sake of a Nanny. I Will say india should compromise china containment for the sake of a Law violating and Fraud diplomat.

Nope! Consulates are like foreign territories where labor laws of host country won't apply. Our consulate employees including the accused diplomat get less than US minimum wages, though higher than what they get in India as they have to sustain there, Chinese diplomats get even less, as confirmed by one Chinese member here. US found fault here as the nanny was not a consulate employee, going forward India will hire maids/nannys for consulate employees through consulate only as contractual worker, hence US labor laws won't apply.

Further, though this Indian lady was picked up, this is a common practice among all developing & under developed countries, let me quote one of my post for better understanding:
"Yesterday on TV one of our ex-Indian diplomat at US G. Parthasarathy clearly said that this is a common and widely accepted practice among ALL developing and under-developed countries. Developed country's diplomats hire locals in other countries as the salaries are less and highly affordable for them, while diplomats of ALL developing and under-developed countries when posted in developed countries hire people from their own country at lesser salaries as local hires are not affordable for them, actually their own salaries are lower than the minimum wages of developed countries. Note that what the nanny was getting (all expenses+insurance+travel fare paid+Indian Rs.30,000) is actually unbelievably good for any nanny or maid in India, that's in rupee terms is similar to the salaries of a mid-level officer!! And that's why we Indians won't call the nanny "A victim". G. Parthasarathy asked one of the panelist, an ex-US diplomat; "Will you do what you did in this case to all such cases from all developing and under-developed countries"? The US diplomat was silent.

Going forward all maid/nannys/other personal staffs will be hired by the consulate itself on contractual basis and their salaries will be deducted from the hiring staff's salary, US minimum wages law doesn't apply to consulate staffs. The decorum of maintaining diplomatic relations were breached here, and we will reciprocate in kind if this is not settled amicably."

You know US consulates hire Indian employees with a fraction of salary that US employees of the consulates get, US laws apply in US consulates, so technically Indian employees working in US consulates should get salaries as per the US minimum wages, otherwise this can be termed as violation of "Equal opportunities" and "Discrimination at workplace". India is already inquiring about the US consulate's salary details, even US have to answer a lot if they decide to throw rule book at us.

Last edited:
Sick is the mind of the amreekans who cannot admit their own mistake. I hope we sever ties with these most ungrateful of people. Why should we help to contain China if amreeka acts like this to us?

Please do. PLEASE sever ties. LMAO

And you never helped us contain China. Our foreign policy operates without the need for a country with a smaller economy than Canada to help us.

The Italians were trying to be nice when they released those two men back into Indian custody. They felt sorry for your emotional insecurity and they complied with your request.

America won't do the same. Just because you are "offended" it doesn't mean we are all the sudden going to care.

I reiterate: Sever all ties with India, deport all Indian nationals. Embargo all goods from India.

India is nothing but a barbaric, third world nation.

I tell you simple concept. Nobody is giving lady the clean chit. Whatever charges in Indian jurisdiction will be prosecuted in India. FYI today Adarsh dispute is solved. Read aprropriate news.

Problem here is her mishandling and the US law.
Here handling is not according to the UN guidlines. Barara is lieing.
Non of the state department officials or Indian senior officials are informed when it is must in case. Its clear voilation.

If you think US law is applicable to Indians in US you should not have problems of Indian law in India. Right or wring is not allowed. Law is law and should be respected. And I hope you keep your stand same when partial immunity US officials are arrested for being gay under Indian law.

Your concept is flawed in that an official of a country would be tried only in her parent country especially one who has no immunity. And Adarsh is not solved yet. The panel report is out and Maharastra govt. is hesitant to take up discussions. Again there is no violation of UN guidelines else India wouldn't have transferred her to UN mission with full immunity if immunity was exiting before.

And prosecute US officials who commit crimes in India.

My position is unless there is immunity treat officials of both India and US as how you and I will be treated.

Nobody is treating her like a Hero , we are upset at the way she was treated, as simple as that . Expecting a foreign country to do something for you is nothing more than being a wuss . Indians are too comfortable in front for their computers typing BS instead of actually fighting govt. corruption

Is there any discriminating treatment of her? No. There is no procedural violation. Then how do you think she should be treated?

Please do. PLEASE sever ties. LMAO

And you never helped us contain China. Our foreign policy operates without the need for a country with a smaller economy than Canada to help us.

The Italians were trying to be nice when they released those two men back into Indian custody. They felt sorry for your emotional insecurity and they complied with your request.

America won't do the same. Just because you are "offended" it doesn't mean we are all the sudden going to care.

I reiterate: Sever all ties with India, deport all Indian nationals. Embargo all goods from India.

India is nothing but a barbaric, third world nation.

since the rest of your post is just characteristic of your classic BS American arrogance, I will address the Italy issue.

It was actually India that was being nice by allowing them to go back home for Christmas.Italy just kept their promise to send them back which they were trying to escape from earlier. Anyway, Europeans seem to be better bet for India as far as relationship with the West is concerned. Much less ignorance and arrogance there.

The Accused Diplomat Devyani Khobragade is Indian. The Victim Nanny Sangeeta Richard is Indian. The Prosecuting US Attorney Pretinder Singh Bharara is Indian-American.

This is an Indian Drama being played on Global Stage.

This is not an Indian drama.

This is a case of enforcing the law on US soil with charges of lying to the US Government as part of violating US minimum wage laws.

Let the case be settled in the the proper court with jurisdiction, just like the Saudi Princess learned a few months ago:

Maid Accuses Saudi Princess of Abuse - ABC News

Your concept is flawed in that an official of a country would be tried only in her parent country especially one who has no immunity.
again its your comprehension problem. I cant help it. That was for Adarsh and in reply to your she is facing charges at home.

And Adarsh is not solved yet. The panel report is out and Maharastra govt. is hesitant to take up discussions.
again read the appropriate news. Govt of Maharashtra is found to be owner of that land. So its over.

Again there is no violation of UN guidelines
ask State department if they were aware of the action. Ask indian embassy if they were informed before her arrest. If not thats a voilation. Thats why "regrete". Why else ???
else India wouldn't have transferred her to UN mission with full immunity if immunity was exiting before.
its safty measure. Go see what happen to that Saudi dude even after they found hostages in his place. Where the hell was US law then ??? He didn't have ANY immunity but suddenly he receive full immunity :hitwall:
Two women rescued from Saudi diplomat's home after it was raided for human trafficking | Mail Online

Do check how his dilopmatic status changed. If i get time I will post more detailed article.

A reporter asked the same question and the state department lady dodge it saying i dont have full information of the incident ;) guess why !!!
She didnt had full immunity but she isnt a criminal to be treated like that.
prosecute US officials who commit crimes in India.

My position is unless there is immunity treat officials of both India and US as how you and I will be treated.

?
You and I will be treated like shit. Dilpomat is for country so how you treat him is seen as how you treat that nation. Recent events of Russian and Saudis are very much clear. Assholes like Barara will put his tail between his legs in such events. Please do tell me what he or anybody else do to saudi guy. So isnt it discrimination !!! Offence there was much serious than paying the maid. But its US :hitwall:

Last edited:
Is there any discriminating treatment of her? No. There is no procedural violation. Then how do you think she should be treated?

Dominic Straus Khan was not Cavity searched, and he was framed for Rape, Cavity search for a civil offense of absolutely Ridicules .

Back
Top Bottom