What's new

Won’t apologise or withdraw charges against Devyani: US

again read the appropriate news. Govt of Maharashtra is found to be owner of that land. So its over.

The judicial commission report stated her membership was approved though she was ineligible for the flat in Adarsh.

Devyani Khobragade made false statement to get Adarsh flat: Panel - Times Of India

It is not over as it is just that the Maharastra govt. has rejected the judicial commission findings. Will wait and see where it goes from there.

ask State department if they were aware of the action. Ask indian embassy if they were informed before her arrest. If not thats a voilation. Thats why "regrete". Why else ???
its safty measure. Go see what happen to that Saudi dude even after they found hostages in his place. Where the hell was US law then ??? He didn't have ANY immunity but suddenly he receive full immunity :hitwall:

A reporter asked the same question and the state department lady dodge it saying i dont have full information of the incident ;) guess why !!!
She didnt had full immunity but she isnt a criminal to be treated like that.

Indian embassy need not be informed as long as her status was assessed for immunity or not. And what Saudi dude you are talking about? And again if the law did not work with the Saudi dude, it does not mean it should not work with her. You want basically a law not being applied for anyone especially for a crook like this woman and again my question is who is she that the law should not work for her?

She is accused of felony charges and anyone accused of felony are treated appropriately which is what they have done here. Nothing more or nothing less.

You and I will be treated like shit. Dilpomat is for country so how you treat him is see nas how you treat that nation. Recent events of Russian and Saudis are very much clear. Assholes like Barara will put his tail between his legs in such events. Please do tell me what he or anybody else do to saudi guy. So isnt it discrimination !!! Offence there was much serious than paying the maid. But its US :hitwall:

It is your own opinion and you are entitled to one but things happen differently in US. They do not treat common man like a shit. Though there are aberrations, the system works the same for everyone. They are tough but fair more or less. For example, even if you go to a police station for a different purpose than some legal issues, they treat you with the same courtesy as they treat anyone and I am talking from experience.

And try to understand this - the more serious offense here and criminal and constitutes a felony is filing false visa documents while not paying the maid is more of a civil offense.

Dominic Straus Khan was not Cavity searched, and he was framed for Rape, Cavity search for a civil offense of absolutely Ridicules .

Understand hers is not a civil offense but a criminal offense. Filing false visa documents is a felony under U.S laws.

And they have clarified she was not Cavity searched but strip searched.

However, prisoners are strip-searched upon arrival at the city's Rikers Island jail, as the former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn was in 2011 after being charged with attempted rape.

In U.S. justice system, the strip-search is common practice| Reuters

And get this as well.

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that jail strip searches for new inmates were constitutional, even when there is no suspicion that an individual is hiding contraband. The decision applied to anyone arrested accused of a crime, including relatively minor infractions such as traffic violations.

Last edited:
Understand hers is not a civil offense but a criminal offense. Filing false visa documents is a felony under U.S laws.

Either way its a non violent offense

Its the attorney who said she was not cavity searched and he is a lawyer , was there a formal announcemtn ro something by the Marshall ,DA ,DOJ or NYPD ?

However, prisoners are strip-searched upon arrival at the city's Rikers Island jail, as the former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn was in 2011 after being charged with attempted rape.

And get this as well.

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that jail strip searches for new inmates were constitutional, even when there is no suspicion that an individual is hiding contraband. The decision applied to anyone arrested accused of a crime, including relatively minor infractions such as traffic violations.

The problem is also about the manner of her arrest , even the former Indian Ambassador and former white house officials have claimed that her arrest and treatment was completely uncalled for..
Am pretty sure they are aware of the issue . Ill give you the links if you want...

IF an American female diplomat was arrested strip searched in a local Indian police station by female officers and out in prison for 24 hours, we would have the entire 7nth fleet here . Indians have the right to be upset...

Either way its a non violent offense

Its the attorney who said she was not cavity searched and he is a lawyer , was there a formal announcemtn ro something by the Marshall ,DA ,DOJ or NYPD ?

The problem is also about the manner of her arrest , even the former Indian Ambassador and former white house officials have claimed that her arrest and treatment was completely uncalled for..
Am pretty sure they are aware of the issue . Ill give you the links if you want...

IF an American female diplomat was arrested strip searched in a local Indian police station by female officers and out in prison for 24 hours, we would have the entire 7nth fleet here . Indians have the right to be upset...

Whether it is a non-violent offense or not the U.S supreme court has voted in the favor of strip search even for a traffic violation.

And here you go -

A spokeswoman for the US Marshals Service, Nikki Credic-Barrett, said Khobragade did not undergo a cavity search but did go through a strip search.

US voices regret, but attorney Preet Bharara says Devyani Khobragade treated very well - Hindustan Times

And why are American diplomats treated with special preference? Treat everyone as the same and why bend the system for high and the mighty? And if there is a procedure for strip search in India and if it is applied, there is going to be outrage but nothing beyond that. Period.

Whether it is a non-violent offense or not the U.S supreme court has voted in the favor of strip search even for a traffic violation.

And here you go -

A spokeswoman for the US Marshals Service, Nikki Credic-Barrett, said Khobragade did not undergo a cavity search but did go through a strip search.

US voices regret, but attorney Preet Bharara says Devyani Khobragade treated very well - Hindustan Times

And why are American diplomats treated with special preference? Treat everyone as the same and why bend the system for high and the mighty? And if there is a procedure for strip search in India and if it is applied, there is going to be outrage but nothing beyond that. Period.

They are no longer meted out with special privileges, even American tourists have more privileges now.. Several former and current white house officials have claimed she should have been just shamed and kicked out of the country ( Washington post article) , which is the norm when treating with Embessy staff , you will find very very less examples of arrests done in this manner if you look at the history of Diplomats being found guilty ...

Actually 30(approx) Russians and found with $1.5million medicare scam and Saudi's were found with two philipino women who ran away from there . NO charges were made against them , none was strip searched ... Because they know too well Putin and Saudi will give a good reply ...

My point is , this was a deliberate attempt at shame and humiliation...thats crystal clear from the series of events ... Diplomats have done wrong things , its very normal , they often break the laws ...its very normal for the host countries to ignore, just like America ignored it for 60 years(Indian govt staff using maids is nothing new)... IF ever an arrest is done , its done to send a message

The judicial commission report stated her membership was approved though she was ineligible for the flat in Adarsh.

Devyani Khobragade made false statement to get Adarsh flat: Panel - Times Of India

It is not over as it is just that the Maharastra govt. has rejected the judicial commission findings. Will wait and see where it goes from there.

Indian embassy need not be informed as long as her status was assessed for immunity or not. And what Saudi dude you are talking about? And again if the law did not work with the Saudi dude, it does not mean it should not work with her. You want basically a law not being applied for anyone especially for a crook like this woman and again my question is who is she that the law should not work for her?

She is accused of felony charges and anyone accused of felony are treated appropriately which is what they have done here. Nothing more or nothing less.

It is your own opinion and you are entitled to one but things happen differently in US. They do not treat common man like a shit. Though there are aberrations, the system works the same for everyone. They are tough but fair more or less. For example, even if you go to a police station for a different purpose than some legal issues, they treat you with the same courtesy as they treat anyone and I am talking from experience.

And try to understand this - the more serious offense here and criminal and constitutes a felony is filing false visa documents while not paying the maid is more of a civil offense.

And get this as well.

Well I really got bored by replying same things to different members so I decided NOT to reply or quote anybody anymore.

So whatever you think is correct.

Dominic Straus Khan was not Cavity searched, and he was framed for Rape, Cavity search for a civil offense of absolutely Ridicules .

Neither was Devyani Khobragade, she lied about being cavity searched.

Ev

Even strip search is not justified on a diplomat for a civil offence.

Visa fraud is not a civil offense. She is accused of a serious criminal offense or in U.S terms a felony and which can get 10 years for her.

Visa fraud is not a civil offense. She is accused of a serious criminal offense or in U.S terms a felony and which can get 10 years for her.

Are you justifying strip search on a female diplomat who represents a country for an alleged visa fraud ?

And anyway why are Americans so offended ? Just because we took away some of your diplomatic privileges that you never provided us with anyway ?

Last edited:
Are you justifying strip search on a female diplomat who represents a country for an alleged visa fraud ?

You are highlighting alleged. It just takes one look at the visa papers to understand there is a prima facie evidence or not on the visa fraud. And NY DA has been conducting months of probe.

Having stated, if the strip search is part of the arrest procedures, in this case of U.S Marshals office, then there is nothing wrong in it. Why do you raise the question am I justifying it?

She is supposed to be a role model for the Indians abroad and set an example in following the local laws properly and she has failed to do so just for her own personal benefit.

Again my question back to you - Do you justify bending the rules of a system which more or less works except for few aberrations just for her?

America has a fully functioning system in place, just because the Executive branch is cozying up to New Delhi does not mean the Judicial branch gives two hoots about it. No way the Executive branch is going to even bother to ask as they would be overstepping their authority.

You are highlighting alleged. It just takes one look at the visa papers to understand there is a prima facie evidence or not on the visa fraud. And NY DA has been conducting months of probe.

Having stated, if the strip search is part of the arrest procedures, in this case of U.S Marshals office, then there is nothing wrong in it. Why do you raise the question am I justifying it?

She is supposed to be a role model for the Indians abroad and set an example in following the local laws properly and she has failed to do so just for her own personal benefit.

Again my question back to you - Do you justify bending the rules of a system which more or less works except for few aberrations just for her?

1. Prima facie case or not, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

2. I have stated this before and I am stating it again. I am not justifying her breaking laws and neither are Indians against her arrest or prosecution. The issue is with her being thrown in jail with common criminals and being strip searched. She was not in any way a threat to security nor was she accused of carrying drugs. There was no need for a strip search. Just because somebody says it's standard procedure doesn't make it alright. There is something seriously wrong with America and its public if they are taking this kind of BS lying down from their government . Strip search for violating labour law and visa fraud ?

3. The fact that she is a deputy consul general representing a foreign country should have at least dissuaded them from the strip search and throwing in jail with common criminals since the woman at least enjoys partial immunity. Some consideration should have been give.

4. If she is guilty punish her , but until that is proven she should at least be accorded the basic minimum respect that female diplomat representing a foreign country should be accorded. Many Americans themselves are accepting that this could have been handled better. Some of our Indian Americans friends however are trying to make sure that their loyalty to their rich adopted land does not go unnoticed.

5. Lastly, what was your stand on Raymond Davis ? That American dude who worked for CIA and came to Pakistan on a business visa , killed a couple of people and was taken out of the country due to American pressure and cries of diplomatic immunity ?
Fair and lovely ? was it ?

@nick_indian

So a crook of a lady working in a consular position(not quoting the Adarsh but the SC verdict about bending rules to facilitate her during training) and not in a diplomatic position(understand the difference - one is about issuing visas and the other is about managing relationships between countries) needs to be accorded a special privilege i.e bending the rules not accorded for a common man. Like how the MLAs, MPs are accorded in India because these represent a section of people but we all know what sort of crooks most of them are.

I am clear about what I state. Fry the diplomats' asses who break the laws - US or India's. They are not elite tribe who can be allowed to break laws and given the consideration of representing the countries.

About Raymond Davis, let me know whether he was accorded diplomatic immunity. He was not accorded one though US claimed he had. He got out after paying the families as per Shariah Laws.

The Indian Americans are the people who are bent upon forging a strategic ties between India and US. So can we cut down the BS about who is more patriotic and who is not and issuance of certification of patriotism. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Last edited:
1. Prima facie case or not, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

2. I have stated this before and I am stating it again. I am not justifying her breaking laws and neither are Indians against her arrest or prosecution. The issue is with her being thrown in jail with common criminals and being strip searched. She was not in any way a threat to security nor was she accused of carrying drugs. There was no need for a strip search. Just because somebody says it's standard procedure doesn't make it alright. There is something seriously wrong with America and its public if they are taking this kind of BS lying down from their government . Strip search for violating labour law and visa fraud ?

3. The fact that she is a deputy consul general representing a foreign country should have at least dissuaded them from the strip search and throwing in jail with common criminals since the woman at least enjoys partial immunity. Some consideration should have been give.

4. If she is guilty punish her , but until that is proven she should at least be accorded the basic minimum respect that female diplomat representing a foreign country should be accorded. Many Americans themselves are accepting that this could have been handled better. Some of our Indian Americans friends however are trying to make sure that their loyalty to their rich adopted land does not go unnoticed.

5. Lastly, what was your stand on Raymond Davis ? That American dude who worked for CIA and came to Pakistan on a business visa , killed a couple of people and was taken out of the country due to American pressure and cries of diplomatic immunity ?
Fair and lovely ? was it ?

Just add him on ignore list and leave it, he has been like a broken tape recorder repeating the same line again and again.The guy has no clue what he's talking about ..

@nick_indian

So a crook of a lady working in a consular position(not quoting the Adarsh but the SC verdict about bending rules to facilitate her during training) and not in a diplomatic position(understand the difference - one is about issuing visas and the other is about managing relationships) needs to be accorded a special privilege i.e bending the rules not accorded for a common man. Like how the MLAs, MPs are accorded in India because these represent a section of people but we all know what sort of crooks most of them are.

I am clear about what I state. Fry the diplomats' asses who break the laws - US or India's. They are not elite tribe who can be allowed to break laws and given the consideration of representing the countries.

About Raymond Davis, let me know whether he was accorded diplomatic immunity. He was not accorded one though US claimed he had. He got out after paying the families as per Shariah Laws.

The Indian Americans are the people who are bent upon forging a strategic ties between India and US. So can we cut down the BS about who is more patriotic and who is not and issuance of certification of patriotism. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

1. Innocent until proven guilty.
2. Strip search was not required. The nature of the offence was not such. Standard procedure argument is BS. It's a pity that people accept it in a free country.
3. Prosecute her if she is guilty but don't assume she is .

That's all you need to know for now.

As for Raymond Davis , thanks for accepting the American hypocrisy. They claimed diplomatic immunity for him when he had none. And you think the decision to let him go after paying blood money had no influence or pressure from America , Puhleez .... dude I still remember the kind of noises coming out of America when Davis was arrested.

Back
Top Bottom