What's new

Women should not wear jeans,Women in jeans against Indian culture claims Indian singer K.J. Yesudas

But here i don't see any problem in wearing sarees, even in same style of dressing i have seen my bhabhis n sisters rocking the dance floor in marriages....

There is no problem with sarees.I just objected to the way it is worn.

I've observed this with us South Indians that we don't tolerate even a pleat of saree out of order....or may be its just in my family. Ironically they are very liberal minded when it comes to jeans. :lol:

I am off this thread.I don't want guys to misunderstand me any further.

It is true because, During the programme there was little trouble among the crowd, and he said

" I have decided not to sing in calicut because of a bad experience, but the collector came and persuaded me and guranteed me that calicut crowd is a much better one now" If you guys still make noise (noise was some issue between groups) i will not perform, and he also said, if you guys keep doing this there will be dust in the air and that might reduce my voice quality and then dont complain that i am not singing properly"
Lol!

That was such a ludicrous statement.

But you know saying that he's old and he may be conservative actually surprises me.
My granny who is 80yrs old now is very liberal minded....or may be women have always been liberal minded. :P

Last edited:
Lol!

Tha was such a ludicrous statement.

But you know saying that he's old and he may be conservative actually surprises me.
My granny who is 80yrs old now is very liberal minded....or may be women have always been liberal minded. :P

This has nothing to do with his age......He made a stupid statement which i think should be ignored......

Now How liberal women are ----------------- Do you want a discussion on that topic???? NO right :P

LOL. I don't remember you being so charitable with Mohan Bhagwat or Asaram Bapu (before his other cases came up) or Baba Ramdev .

How wonderful it must be to be "secular".
It does not matter who are speaking but what they are speaking, champ.

Shooo....

You-cant-fix-stupid.jpg

It does not matter who are speaking but what they are speaking, champ.

I see. So you are perfectly comfortable with what Yeshudas said but not when something similar was said by Mohan Bhagwat.

Just trying to get around that dichotomy.

This has nothing to do with his age......He made a stupid statement which i think should be ignored......
Lol
Now I feel foolish to have reacted to his comment.
Honestly, it did hurt to read such a statement from somebody of KJ Yesudas's stature.

nair said:
Now How liberal women are ----------------- Do you want a discussion on that topic???? NO right :P
Right!
Let's not have it because I know I have undue advantage. :lol:

Lol
Now I feel foolish to have reacted to his comment.
Honestly, it did hurt to read such a statement from somebody of KJ Yesudas's stature.

True You would never want to hear something like this from a person you admire.....

Right!
Let's not have it because I know I have undue advantage. :lol:

Well i am more worried about the the undue disadvantage you have!!!!!!!!

1b065c3457a2b483f1f1dbd73e4c7afe.jpg

I see. So you are perfectly comfortable with what Yeshudas said but not when something similar was said by Mohan Bhagwat.

Just trying to get around that dichotomy.
That is your wrong asssment about me, can't do anything about it. If Bhagawat had been just an average apolitical person ( I am assuming YD to be one) and said it I would have said the same.

That is your wrong asssment about me, can't do anything about it. If Bhagawat had been just an average apolitical person ( I am assuming YD to be one) and said it I would have said the same.

Ah well, its between you and your conscience. Narayan narayan. :angel:

There is no problem with sarees.I just objected to the way it is worn.

I've observed this with us South Indians that we don't tolerate even a pleat of saree out of order....or may be its just in my family. Ironically they are very liberal minded when it comes to jeans. :lol:

I am off this thread.I don't want guys to misunderstand me any further.

okay mam... Thnx for your Saree class especially Crispy one .....:p:

Ah well, its between you and your conscience. Narayan narayan. :angel:
Off course, it is.Yesterday I agreed with Bhagawat's statement that we must be self dependent in production. Seculars are not that evil, you know :D

Well i am more worried about the the undue disadvantage you have!!!!!!!!
Enhhh?? Hmm???

Nair I think I can be frank with you without offending you.
IMO it's universal fact that all men 've a skewed view when it comes to women's dressing sense.If you wld hv noticed most of such ludicrous statements come from men( like the one YESUDAS made)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom