What's new

Women should not wear jeans,Women in jeans against Indian culture claims Indian singer K.J. Yesudas

You are talking about Guruvayoor temple,i guess...
Unlike many other temples in Kerala,Sabarimala ayyappan temple is open to all,irr of their caste and religion.....
Don't know why I felt it was Ayappa temple.

abjktu said:
Yeshudas's wife is also a Christian....
Her name "Prabha" confused me and also the fact that theirs was a luv marriage.

go take a trip to khajuraho
read kamasutra

they too were a part of indian culture

show me one text where it is written what should be worn and not worn

dressing in ancient times was according to materials available, methods and tools to process them, comfort and local conditions

if you read the vaimanik shastra .....
thenin it is given about what types of clothes should different pilots of different aircrafts should wear in what season
so dont start that .........

Ignorant questions.... but whats with the explicit statutes n stuff at khajuraho? i just googled it n found weird things even strange things like beastiality etc... and kamasutra? are these related to hinduism? just asking .. no offence.

OHHHH MYYY GAAWD!!
Was it really KJ YESUDAS who said this???

Revealing dress???
I 've always found Saree to be more revealing with deep neck blouses and good amount of midrib show.

I still can not believe that a liberal like KJ YESUDAS could've said this.
I've been a fan of his songs.
I admired KJ YESUDAS as much as I admired Kishore Kumar.

@nair did you hear this??

Don't call him that....pls.
I'm sure there's been some kinda misunderstanding.

Hahaha!

Could I just brag about myself??
I had managed to gather some compliments this year when I wore a saree for a function.
Now go burn with jealousy!! :bunny:

Naah yar... Maine kaafi saariya gift Ki hai yar ......:undecided:

Veteran playback singer KJ Yesudas stirred a hornet’s nest on Thursday saying women should not ape men blindly and not attract unwanted attention through their revealing dresses. He also said women should not cause trouble to others wearing dresses like jeans.

"Women should not cause trouble to others by wearing jeans....What should be covered should be covered," PTI quoted Yesudas as saying at a function organised by a voluntary organisation in connection with the Gandhi Jayanti celebrations in Thiruvananthapuram.

The 74-year-old singer, also a seven-time national award winner, said dresses like jeans was against Indian culture which really valued simplicity and grace as the greatest qualities of women.

“Once you wear revealing dress it provokes others. So it should be ideal to wear attire that suits our culture,” he said.

His latest remark invited sharp criticism from many quarters and women activists have asked him to withdraw it immediately and tender an apology. Yesudas is known for taking bold position on key social issues, but his latest remark has shocked many.

Mahila Congress workers held a march outside the state secretariat here demanding the singer to withdraw his statement.

Many left organisations also decried his statement.

Though a Christian by birth, Yesudas believes in all religions.

A regular at Sabarimala and Kollur Mookambika temple he sang some of the best Muslim devotional songs and associated with many charitable activities.

'Women in jeans against Indian culture' - Hindustan Times
Women should not wear jeans, claims Indian singer K.J. Yesudas, provoking backlash - NY Daily News

Muslim outfits in Kerala back Yesudas's remarks against girls wearing jeans - The Times of India

What so controversial in that, many people in India actually believe that jeans is against Indian culture.

I am behind Yesudas in this one. I do not want girls with elephantine thighs n bums to wear jeans.. It looks horrible on them.

If the girl has hourglass figure like Latinas, then wear it 24 hours :p: I am more than happy!

One question Who is this kesudas guy and why are you taking him seriously????

There r around 1300000000 people in India with 1300000000 opinions...

This guy is old school and that's his opinion.....what's the big deal

It's not like girls will stop wearing jeans after this :D

Naah yar... Maine kaafi saariya gift Ki hai yar ......:undecided:
No denying the fact that Saree has its charm.
But may be as a guy you don't know that gals struggle with 7-8 safety pins on a saree so that it doesn't slip at the wrong places.

No denying the fact that Saree has its charm.
But may be as a guy you don't know that gals struggle with 7-8 safety pins on a saree so that it doesn't slip at the wrong places.

But never ever witness slippery incident though i attended many family functions where all married women wears sarees.... I think that's a problem with new user not vintage ladies .....

Unnecessary bashing of the old man. Many orthodox people in India believes it and we must respect their views even if we don't agree with them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom