What's new

Woman raped on Lahore Ring Road, infront of her two children.

Inna lillah e wa inna elaihe raji'un. I am regretting why I let go of my PR. I have two daughters.

I see you are in UAE, stay there until you can. and apply again for PR. ANywhere but don't return here. My parents and I are ruing our decision to come back from Saudi Arabia last year. Every person we have met here, is a fraud and a liar. my father was hospitilazed few months back because a fraud person. and now its getting more unsafe for women. I am telling you, those who have lived overseas will find it VERY difficult to adjust here. People here are sensitized to haram and proudly own it. Us from middle east are not. The struggles and hurdles never end.

Last edited:
I see you are in UAE, stay there until you can. and apply again for PR. ANywhere but don't return here. My parents and I are ruing our decision to come back from Saudi Arabia last year.

Law and order situation is why I am avoiding coming back. These issues need to be ironed out. I have faith in Imran Khan. Like typical Pakistani, when things are at their worse, he breaks red tape and gets spurred into action.

Imran Khan will not rest easy following this crime, until it is avenged and measures put in to prevent a repeat. The whole of Pakistan is wanting blood and justice.

If they publish names or if names get out, then it will be Hell on Earth for these criminals, no matter which court tries to acquit them.

Brother, this is fifth-generation warfare, I wrote in this thread how to fight back, read it, and spread it among your friends' circle. Prepare yourself how to fight; we are in active war zone.
I also feel that these incidents are getting toooooo much attention..
@AZADPAKISTAN2009 @PakSword
No place can be Absolute crime free.. But Some feels to be glamourising and taking benefits from this.
Victims and proscecutors are burning in fire, while
Mombatti Mafia reviving using these incidents They are the Sole Beneficiaries As Far As i can see

Just a political Game , being played on Victim's pain

• South Punjab Police Chief
  • The Brass in Main stream Punjab can't deal with the change

It's is another ploy in PML-N game to prevent changes in police force the first person who is made in charge his jurisdiction
is where this incident occurred , he just joined the position 2-3 days ago

He is being dumb and needs to be removed from his post. Even if a women is travelling at night alone no one has the right to touch her yet alone rape her. Rapists should be executed publicly in most ruthless manner.

Allah da shukar, you have become a naya Zarvan !

Pictures of the rapist have started circulating on social media, don't know if they are the real rapist or not, let's wait and see.

The idea that dogs are held in contempt in Islam amounts almost to a truism in the modern West. This notion is shared by both Muslims and non-Muslims and is reflected in writings ranging from public media to academic literature. The supposed Muslim bias against dogs is inferred primarily from two themes: (1) the emphasis that Muslim tradition lays on the principle of the impurity of dogs and (2) the objection to admitting these animals indoors and keeping them as pets. However, some have pointed out that an important exception to this rule is the Qur'ānic narrative of the Aṣḥāb al-Kahf, or the Companions of the Cave (also known as Ahl al-Kahf), in which a dog is a prominent feature. Previous academic discussions of this story, however, fall short of accounting for the full significance of this character. More than merely providing a favorable depiction of the dog, the Aṣḥāb al-Kahf pericope redefines the role and status of the dog in accordance with the Qur'ān's theocentric worldview. Moreover, even though the issues of the impurity of dogs and keeping them as pets are not discussed explicitly in the Qur'ān, they seem to be implicit in this Qur'ānic narrative, without conveying negative connotations. In this article I reexamine the Aṣḥāb al-Kahf pericope in light of current scholarship on dogs to consider how the Qur'ānic viewpoint agrees with or departs from cultural stances on dogs in world traditions, and how the Qur'ān inscribes its own worldview on the role and status of this animal. https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2979/jims.3.2.04

There are many societies that have prejudice against dogs. Many Muslims also harbor prejudice against dogs. One can’t blame ordinary Muslims as their attitude and perception have been shaped primarily by some hadiths (Prophetic narrations) that require careful analysis and by the interpretation of many among our scholars (ulama) and jurists (fuqaha). Ordinary Muslims can’t be blamed because they have become used to understand the world as well as Islam through the lens of the accumulated positions and interpretations of fallible human beings over so many centuries. That’s why they have become accustomed to the notion that dogs represent evil, impurity, or even bad omen. What does the Qur’an have to say about dogs? That’s the focus of this brief write up.
In two Suras (chapters), the Qur’an mentions about dogs. Those who have an entrenched anti-dog attitude and perception, they would usually flag the following verse from Surah al-A’raf.
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him (ghawin, deviants) thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought." (7/al-A’raf/176)
In understanding and interpreting this verse, we need to remember that dogs are not like human beings with conscience and ability/freedom to choose. A dog’s behavior is purely innate and instinctive, as Allah has created them. Here the Qur’an has drawn attention to the unchangeable nature of dog, a nature that is innately programmed by Allah. It is the same nature due to which a dog embraces a human being as a companion, friend or master. Unless the behavior of the human changes, the conduct of the dog is reliably consistent, which is reflected in its loyalty. There is so much evidence of this in the real world, that there is simply no room to deny this reality about dog’s basic nature in its close interaction with human beings.
It is in this context that Qur’an discusses about dogs in Surah al-Kahf (The Cave). In two verses – 18:18 and 18:22 – the mentions occur. Approaching these verses without the relevant context before these verses would render the reference to dog as simply inconsequential. First, let’s cite these two verses.

وَتَحْسَبُهُمْ أَيْقَاظًا وَهُمْ رُقُودٌ وَنُقَلِّبُهُمْ ذَاتَ الْيَمِينِ وَذَاتَ الشِّمَالِ وَكَلْبُهُم بَاسِطٌ ذِرَاعَيْهِ بِالْوَصِيدِ لَوِ اطَّلَعْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَوَلَّيْتَ مِنْهُمْ فِرَارًا وَلَمُلِئْتَ مِنْهُمْ رُعْبًا
Verse Options:
Translations | CommentaryAYK | Context
+ Reciters​

And thou wouldst have thought that they were awake, whereas they lay asleep. And We caused them to turn over repeatedly, now to the right, now to the left; and their dog [lay] on the threshold, its forepaws outstretched. Hadst thou come upon them [unprepared], thou wouldst surely have turned away from them in flight, and wouldst surely have been filled with awe of them.

Ref Search Results
(1 verse(s) found).
Back
Al-Kahf (The Cave) 18:22

سَيَقُولُونَ ثَلَاثَةٌ رَّابِعُهُمْ كَلْبُهُمْ وَيَقُولُونَ خَمْسَةٌ سَادِسُهُمْ كَلْبُهُمْ رَجْمًا بِالْغَيْبِ وَيَقُولُونَ سَبْعَةٌ وَثَامِنُهُمْ كَلْبُهُمْ قُل رَّبِّي أَعْلَمُ بِعِدَّتِهِم مَّا يَعْلَمُهُمْ إِلَّا قَلِيلٌ فَلَا تُمَارِ فِيهِمْ إِلَّا مِرَاء ظَاهِرًا وَلَا تَسْتَفْتِ فِيهِم مِّنْهُمْ أَحَدًا
Verse Options:
Translations | CommentaryAYK | Context
+ Reciters​

[And in times to come] some will say, "[They were] three, the fourth of them being their dog," while others will say, "Five, with their dog as the sixth of them" -idly guessing at something of which they can have no knowledge -and [so on, until] some will say, "[They were] seven, the eighth of them being their dog." Say: "My Sustainer knows best how many they were. None but a few have any [real] knowledge of them. Hence, do not argue about them otherwise than by way of an obvious argument, and do not ask any of those [story-tellers] to enlighten thee about them."
Surah Al-Kahf is not advocacy of dogs as pets and such. This Surah present an account of resurrection of some people and a dog in a cave where they sought refuge from the persecution of an evil ruler. The surah emphasize much on the 'resurrection' part.

FYI: https://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/18/index.html

Seriously man. I understand that some people love dogs but this is not sufficient grounds to use a few verses in the Holy Quran to justify the practice of keeping dogs as pets.

Any individual who is keeping dogs as pets, should take responsibility for their actions in Public spaces. It is important to understand and respect sentiments of people about dogs in your neighborhood - chances are that some are not comfortable around dogs.

Dogs are expected to be loyal, friendly, and all that, but they are predators nevertheless. How they behave in Public spaces depend upon what kind of training they receive. Dogs can also be unpredictable at times.

And dogs do not guarantee safety from armed robbery. I bear witness to this folly firsthand.

Surah Al-Kahf is not advocacy of dogs as pets and such. This Surah present an account of resurrection of some people and a dog in a cave where they sought refuge from the persecution of an evil ruler. The surah emphasize much on the 'resurrection' part.

Seriously man. I understand that some people love dogs but this is not sufficient grounds to use a few verses in the Holy Quran to justify the practice of keeping dogs as pets.

Any individual who is keeping dogs as pets, should take responsibility for their actions in Public spaces. It is important to understand and respect sentiments of people about dogs in your neighborhood - chances are that some are not comfortable around dogs.

Dogs are expected to be loyal, friendly, and all that, but they are predators nevertheless. How they behave in Public spaces depend upon what kind of training they receive. Dogs can also be unpredictable at times.

And dogs do not guarantee safety from armed robbery. I bear witness to this folly firsthand.

I respect your opinion... But my opinion differs. I think dogs are fine as long as they serve a purpose.

I see you are in UAE, stay there until you can. and apply again for PR. ANywhere but don't return here. My parents and I are ruing our decision to come back from Saudi Arabia last year. Every person we have met here, is a fraud and a liar. my father was hospitilazed few months back because a fraud person. and now its getting more unsafe for women. I am telling you, those who have lived overseas will find it VERY difficult to adjust here. People here are sensitized to haram and proudly own it. Us from middle east are not. The struggles and hurdles never end.

Solution is to fix the problems by facing them directly as a society. Even if we are away, we should strive to better Pakistan so that we can return.

Too many cases in such a short time raises major alarm bells.

I remember the statement of Indian media major Gaurav where he was saying India needs to create instability in Pakistan.

There is a larger game afoot and we need to get to it instantly.

@xyx007 @AZADPAKISTAN2009

I respect your opinion... But my opinion differs. I think dogs are fine as long as they serve a purpose.
I didn't see in the Quran talks harsh words or ban about dogs but mentioned more than 19 times in different verses. However, my knowledge is limited in this case, and still in the learning phase. We have two schools of thought prevalent among us. Some adopted teachings of Imam Malik ibn Anas dictate that dogs come from a group of immaculate and clean animals that worship and are not impure or unclean.
From Imam Shafi'ees and Imam Hanbalis use the above-mentioned as proof for the dog's saliva and mouth's impurity, and by analogy, its body. The Hanafis and a handful of Hanbalis, including Ibn Taymiyya, hold that the hadith proves the dog's saliva's impurity and not its body, since the hadith is specific to the mouth/saliva.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom