What's new

Woman raped on Lahore Ring Road, infront of her two children.

Theek hai if i take this suggestion.

Who will believe women when the courts/police ask for evidence of Rape or sexual assault?
Woman says they tried to touch, tried to rape or were harassing us.
Do you know the next answer to this?
"He didn't actually DO IT to you, so why you shot him then?"

Maybe maybe a woman gets lucky and it gets recorded on public cameras to back up her claims.

You see where I am going here?

You are right, mentality of this country needs to change. Proper respect and dignity of women needs to be allowed them at all times.

It is quite shameful that belittling women has become a part of our society, it has no basis in Islam. Actually even a touch on a woman with a hand, which is unwarranted and unwanted, is grounds for severe punishment in Islamic fiqh.

Do we really need to have men walk our women around outside at all times? Sometimes it is simply impractical. Also alot of these evil people do not even care if a man is present. They will still try to move on a victim.

We need to clear our streets of these vermin ASAP. Make it clear it is not acceptable.

I learned 8 self-defence moves to help you protect yourself from assault -
MUNNAZZAH RAZA

Amir J. Khan taught me the art of Krav Maga, a self-defence system.

Here's how you can benefit.
munnazzah-raza
MUNNAZZAH RAZA

UPDATED 09 MAR, 2020 02:57PM

This story was first published on 7th March 2017.

Ask yourself: Do I feel safe? Safe on the streets of my city? Safe from people at work? Safe at home?
I'll go first. I don't.
I never feel safe unless I'm within my home in Karachi. Even then I'm acutely aware of household objects I can use as potential weapons against intruders in case of a break in. Keys? Yes, I can wedge the teeth between my fingers and attack the face. Vase? Yes, can break it on the head and use the shards to stab. Glass of water? Throw water on the face. Distract. Then break glass on the head. Yes. That should work. Books? Shield? Hmm, maybe.
Call me paranoid but my guard is always up.
It could be owing to the recent break in at my aunt's house — the robbers pushed and shoved the poor woman down a flight of stairs with complete disregard to her age or health — or it could be a reaction to news of harassment at Atif Aslam's concert, or the fact that since an early age, each time I've stepped foot outdoors I've felt like a hapless prey shrinking under the weight of penetrating stares of predators on the streets.
Feeling safe is a luxury we don't have, at least not given the current situation in Pakistan. Women face harassment at work, on the streets, when using public transport and some, even in their own homes.
And although we may not be able to stop molestation from taking place at large or even in the home, we can, however, fend for ourselves by learning self-defence.
So when gym and studio, MUV Base introduced self-defence classes by personal safety and self-defence (Krav Maga) instructor Amir J. Khan, needless to say, I was instantly interested.
It's best to learn these self-defence moves from a professional and then practice them on a daily basis so they become second nature. You shouldn't use them without practice and training.
As Amir stressed to me, these moves are meant to weaken the assailant and give you enough time to get away. It's not advisable to keep attacking the assailant, which will reduce your getaway time and attract bystanders and/or the assailant's companions.

Here's what I learned during my sessions - ways to block aggression which is most likely to occur in real life.
1) Bear hug
l0IychtkBeRgAghUI.gif

When grabbed from behind in a bear hug, use your elbow to strike the groin multiple times till the assailant's grip loosens.
Shift your hip to one side and move your leg behind the assailant's to wedge it in between his. Simultaneously, stick your elbow out parallel to the assailant's chest and push him back so he trips on your leg and falls to the ground — this requires a lot of force. Make sure your leg between the assailant's is grounded with full force to trip him. Once he's on the ground attack with punches.

2) Arm pull
3oKIPCnD9FHIkmch7a.gif

One of the most common ways to manhandle a woman is the arm pull.
Instead of tugging and pulling your arm — the assailant's grip will only tighten — open your palm, twist it around and jerk it out from between the assailant's fingers and thumb. During the hand pull, pivot 180 degrees to the side for an elbow attack to the head. (If you're tiny and your assailant huge, jump to strike).

3) Hair pull
l0IyggCCsbhjwlZdK.gif

Another common way of controlling women is by pulling their hair.
In all probability the assailant will tug and pull at your hair for physical dominance. To regain balance, take both hands, grab a hold of the assailant's hand clutching your hair and hold it steady, turn to face the assailant, grab his neck for stability and kick the groin repeatedly till the assailant's grasp on the hair loosens, then either punch the face or go for an elbow strike.

4) Wall choke
l0Iyhv2tRBu6T3hSg.gif

If an assailant grabs you by the neck and pushes you to the wall, pull your chin in so that the head doesn't hit the wall. Once against the wall, drop one shoulder to the side (do not bend your knee) lift the opposite arm in a 90 degree angle and twist to the other side. Push your tricep down the assailant's arms with all your might to break his clasp on your neck, strike his face with your elbow, with the same arm grab the back of his neck and ram the head into the wall.
5) One arm choke
xUPGcGRoBnYUwEjqnu.gif

Take the opposite arm and dig your fingers under the palm of the assailant's, peel it away from your neck and outwards rotating it to the other side, keep holding the hand and twisting while grabbing a hold of the assailant's tricep.
xUPGcI8nIDx20UTHiM.gif

Hit the area under the tricep (weak spot) with your knee and continue to twist the tricep in an upward motion and push him to the ground.

6 & 7) Ground choke/rape
There are two ways to do this:
xUPGcCnkqr8IparSmI.gif

One is when the assailant is choking you while he sits atop your pelvis, use your pelvis to thrust him up with full force. He'll fall face first behind you.
3og0IEqKu1p5qmFI76.gif

Second is when the assailant is choking you with his legs in-between yours. Clasp your hands together, place your legs inside his and lock them in. Move your arms up and out with full force breaking his grasp on your neck, the assailant will either fall on top of you or drop his hands on either side to steady himself.
In a swift move, place a palm on one side of the assailant's nose and grab the back of his head with the other -- now this is important, the placement of the hands depends on the side you're going to rotate the assailant, If you're going for the left side, then place your left hand on the right side of his nose and your right behind the head -- with your legs still locked in his twist him to one side and get on top of him and strike his face.

8) Pipe or danda attack
3o7buil07UiE6q5eJG.gif

If an assailant swings a weapon at you, assess whether it'll make contact or not, if not, run towards the assailant, open your arm at a 90 degree angle, take it over his arm holding the weapon and pull his arm in. Grab the back of his head and strike the groin with your knee multiple times.
Grab the base of the pole with the arm holding the neck and dislodge the other arm to grab a hold of the pipe from the other end, twist and break it out of the assailant's grip and swing. Hard.

Every neighborhood needs to have women defense courses taught by women instructors.

Those moves are a bit crass, groin guts and eye attacks, but I guess effective. Many of the grapple and locks above are standard Ninjutsu moves which I learned myself.

The key is to practice again and again, with proper instruction, until it becomes second nature.

A small person can take down and subdue a much larger opponent, if proper technique is used.

I don't f**k with Talat Hussian but this officer needs to go

This is not how you respond to a crime.
I think his problem is that he doesn't know how to properly articulate what he wants to say, and certainly does not understand when to say something and when not to.

After listening to his video, he reminds me a little bit of my dad, who would get upset and yell at me and my siblings in the initial moments of finding out that we had hurt ourselves. Like when I snapped my forearm in half. Saw me walk up calmly with my arm bent in a grotesque and unnatural manner and spent the next 2-3 minutes yelling at me for being stupid, how this happened, what precautions I should take etc etc. Of course he still loved us, and after the initial shock of seeing us injured wore off, he was extremely caring and loving and sympathetic.

Even as an adult my father would yell at me when I drove in Pakistan (when I visited from the US) at how I was 'too used to driving in Western countries and needed to understand the different culture in Pakistan'.

I interpreted the CCPO's comments about 'women taking precautions while traveling' as being along the same lines of something my dad would have said, about what his kids needed to do to avoid getting hurt or whatever. It's not blaming the victim, more of a cultural issue I guess, in some way an expression of frustration at not being able to 'protect' those he is supposed to protect.

None of this is meant to excuse what he said - I think Pakistanis in general need a better understanding of how to be sympathetic to victims, but I don't support removing him from his position at this time. I'd rather have someone who can deliver on policing but is rude and uncouth and says the wrong thing at the wrong time instead of an inept and inefficient official in charge who is silver tongued and says all the right things but can't deliver results.

Good Men (who are left) must take responsibility here. You must educate the men and boys in your family, friends and co workers about sexual violence , boundries and basic decency.

we are tired, we just want to get home safely. I drive alone to work, now I am scared to even go alone to the grocery shop near by.

Nothing will change. These articles or clips will just be news for most.

Sorry if I sound pessimist but that's reality. Unless govt or public take things to extreme and stone perpetrators.

I don't wanna think how embarrassing and painful for a mother in front of her kids. Unbelievable.

Theek hai if i take this suggestion.

Who will believe women when the courts/police ask for evidence of Rape or sexual assault?
Woman says they tried to touch, tried to rape or were harassing us.
Do you know the next answer to this?
"He didn't actually DO IT to you, so why you shot him then?"

Maybe maybe a woman gets lucky and it gets recorded on public cameras to back up her claims.

You see where I am going here?
Indeed.

In case you keep a gun, make sure it is licensed; illegal firearms is a big problem for starters.

Being trigger happy is no solution - rather a pathway to numerous troubles (Legal and otherwise). Sensible approaches are advised to deal with issues in life.

1. No need to walk alone in streets on a regular basis.
2. If you have a car then make sure that it is well-maintained.
3. If you decide to travel from one city to another - make sure that your car is in good condition (fuel tank should be FULL in particular), buy some eatables, and consider traveling in daytime (always). Having a male relative accompany you in this kind of trip is strongly recommended.
4. Consider learning martial arts (i.e. physical techniques for self-defense) - this skill will help in many situations.
5. Keep a Pepper spray in your purse just in case.

Above all, make a habit of doing DUA whenever you drive. Seek protection from Allah Almighty from problems on the road and making your journeys safe - no substitute for this.

I think his problem is that he doesn't know how to properly articulate what he wants to say, and certainly does not understand when to say something and when not to.

After listening to his video, he reminds me a little bit of my dad, who would get upset and yell at me and my siblings in the initial moments of finding out that we had hurt ourselves. Like when I snapped my forearm in half. Saw me walk up calmly with my arm bent in a grotesque and unnatural manner and spent the next 2-3 minutes yelling at me for being stupid, how this happened, what precautions I should take etc etc. Of course he still loved us, and after the initial shock of seeing us injured wore off, he was extremely caring and loving and sympathetic.

Even as an adult my father would yell at me when I drove in Pakistan (when I visited from the US) at how I was 'too used to driving in Western countries and needed to understand the different culture in Pakistan'.

I interpreted the CCPO's comments about 'women taking precautions while traveling' as being along the same lines of something my dad would have said, about what his kids needed to do to avoid getting hurt or whatever. It's not blaming the victim, more of a cultural issue I guess, in some way an expression of frustration at not being able to 'protect' those he is supposed to protect.

None of this is meant to excuse what he said - I think Pakistanis in general need a better understanding of how to be sympathetic to victims, but I don't support removing him from his position at this time. I'd rather have someone who can deliver on policing but is rude and uncouth and says the wrong thing at the wrong time instead of an inept and inefficient official in charge who is silver tongued and says all the right things but can't deliver results.
Exactly.. It's like saying to your child.. why did you climb the tree to pick the mangoes when I told you you might fall down.

The only excuse he can't make being in the police force that Pakistan is not safe.. I mean we can make this kind of statement, but it doesn't seem right if a CCPO makes this statement that the lady thought it's France.. I mean you are working on a high position to provide security to public.

Considering the environment currently prevalent in our society, I wouldn't advise my family members, irrespective of their gender, to travel on a highway after midnight. So yeah, probably no one was there to advise the poor lady the she just needs to wait for 7-8 more hours before going on a highway..

She was a lady, I being a male wouldn't have dared to travel with my two children.

Very Sad news however these incidents happen are covered in local news paper this has been a problem in rural areas
Rich landlords raping , poor farmer's daughter etc. or some women due to lack of policing in villages

Feeling of Anger related to this news

However media is highlighting the news because the police IG has been changed in Punjab
There is a political factor to highlight a case to pressure the new IG who has been appointed in charge in Punjab
There is a political angle why this particular news is in media/social media

These social issue have existed in Pakistan like in all countries

1. Do the criminals need to be captured 100%
  2. Do police need to act 100%
  3. Have these issues happened before , (Yes unfortunately yes it will take time to improve this)

• 2-3 Days ago a new IG has been appointed over Punjab Police , there is general dislike why he was brought in and that is why this news is trending on Media otherwise , such crime have existed in past it is a crime case

Last edited:
Our Nigerian brothers and sisters are better than us in regards to justice.

------

60 Year Old Man Stoned to Death for Molesting a 12 Year Old Girl

gh.studio.opera.com
2020-08-13 05:15:32

60 Year Old Man Stoned to Death for Molesting a 12 Year Old Girl

268a37ba9d94f2acf3fde575180ba5d7

Public Safety reported that Mati was apprehended by the Nigerian Police command in the state, for allegedly defiling a 12 year old girl. After the court hearing from witnesses and the suspect, Justice Ibrahim Sarki Yola sentenced him to death by being stoned by the General public.

It is obvious that we need some resignations for this incident.

Police forces need to be reformed. Qualifications for police officers need to increase, along with pay, equipment, and accountability. We have basic law and order problems which only police can fix. We should look towards non-partisan police of KP for inspiration.

Give cops body cams, if sent out to investigate a crime, stopping a vehicle, or in service on the field. This way we have a neutral source to defend police against allegations and additional evidence against criminals.

I have some relatives in police in various areas and have seen their training facilities, mess halls, and offices several times in Lahore.

Not all police are evil and wicked, but there definately are corrupt officers who give the rest a bad name.

Bro on one is against the punjab police the problem his fkng remarks about victim lady, how can he blame to lady about, if she take that route she would be fine and all mistake by her. On this position person can not give these stupid comment to save his asss...

Giving surveillance n safety equipment to police is different thing, here we are talking about his remarks.. How is he irresponsible??, this thing is happen when grade C officer appoint on hot seat by political influence. RIP MERIT

Bro on one is against the punjab police the problem his fkng remarks about victim lady, how can he blame to lady about, if she take that route she would be fine and all mistake by her. On this position person can not give these stupid comment to save his asss...

Giving surveillance n safety equipment to police is different thing, here we are talking about his remarks.. How is he irresponsible??, this thing is happen when grade C officer appoint on hot seat by political influence. RIP MERIT

We need a new mentality. A young woman walking alone in the darkest neighborhood, in the poorest area, in the middle of the night should be safe in our country.

Now we have to think what is the best way to accomplish that goal.

We need a new mentality. A young woman walking alone in the darkest neighborhood, in the poorest area, in the middle of the night should be safe in our country.

Now we have to think what is the best way to accomplish that goal.
for this is to happen, we need to implement Islamic laws ---- I just read that the victim was tortured also, why Pakistanis asking for public hanging, the culprits must be crucified!

Back
Top Bottom