What's new

Woman raped on Lahore Ring Road, infront of her two children.

I will never understand why we do comparisons with India every time..

We are no better. Both countries needs laws to protect its women.

Apparently safety for women is a propaganda .
Top statement = Agreed.

Middle statement = Pakistan have ample LAWS for protection of women and children.

FYI: https://pcsw.punjab.gov.pk/womens_rights

Please understand that SAFETY is to be taken seriously in personal capacity as well - conventional wisdom if you will.

Bottom statement = Please feel encouraged to raise your voice against social injustices and/or share your views in relevant threads.

I will never understand why we do comparisons with India every time..

We are no better. Both countries needs laws to protect its women.

Apparently safety for women is a propaganda .

Sister, he is Indian, what do you expect? Also I am sure he is a Hindu too.

I don't know why he is passing labels of religiosity here.

We are all Pakistanis and Muslims here, we are discussing an internal matter in a respectable manner so that we can better our society.

Mods should not let anyone pass these kinds of labels of religiosity, esp from non-adherents.

Last edited:
I don't f**k with Talat Hussian but this officer needs to go

This is not how you respond to a crime.
Lahore CCPO blames motorway rape victim for choice of route, travelling late at night

View attachment 668636

Ab yeh mat kehna yeh b PAPA jhon ki tarah hai...!

It is obvious that we need some resignations for this incident.

Police forces need to be reformed. Qualifications for police officers need to increase, along with pay, equipment, and accountability. We have basic law and order problems which only police can fix. We should look towards non-partisan police of KP for inspiration.

Give cops body cams, if sent out to investigate a crime, stopping a vehicle, or in service on the field. This way we have a neutral source to defend police against allegations and additional evidence against criminals.

I have some relatives in police in various areas and have seen their training facilities, mess halls, and offices several times in Lahore.

Not all police are evil and wicked, but there definately are corrupt officers who give the rest a bad name.

That's exactly the point that I am trying to highlight.

The intention of the OP is to malign Pakistan and Islam.
I see.

I would still advice you to not overreact, and try to reason with a member.

Good Men (who are left) must take responsibility here. You must educate the men and boys in your family, friends and co workers about sexual violence , boundries and basic decency.

we are tired, we just want to get home safely. I drive alone to work, now I am scared to even go alone to the grocery shop near by.

miss

i would suggest you start taking gun lessons

get a 9mm , get proficient in weapon handling

carry at all times

spread this word, tell your lady friends, shoot the F**** who even touches you

There is no difference between public and secret hangings both are same for a person who is going to be hanged. There is no difference in dying in front of jail staff and in front of hundreds or thousands of people. Public hangings ki suraat main sab family members and friends mrnay sa pehlay aakhri bar dekh skain ga

Rape is already a very serious crime. Laws won't protect you. Sirf ehtiati tadabir bacha skti Hain. Jab kisi ka sar par janoon sawar hota ha to wo law k baray main nhi sochta.

There was a time during Banu Umayya and Banu Abbas khulafa that a young woman could set out on foot from Basra in Iraq and reach Makkah without being molested.

How far have we fallen?

It is obvious that we need some resignations for this incident.

Police forces need to be reformed. Qualifications for police officers need to increase, along with pay, equipment, and accountability. We have basic law and order problems which only police can fix. We should look towards non-partisan police of KP for inspiration.

Give cops body cams, if sent out to investigate a crime, stopping a vehicle, or in service on the field. This way we have a neutral source to defend police against allegations and additional evidence against criminals.

I have some relatives in police in various areas and have seen their training facilities, mess halls, and offices several times in Lahore.

Not all police are evil and wicked, but there definately are corrupt officers who give the rest a bad name.
Resignations should not be demanded over a mere statement or two. Just look at Pakistani politicians - do they resign after being exposed for their hypocrisy and corruption?

No, my friend.

Too many underlying factors are responsible for Police being not living up to its expectations here. Pakistani politics being one of the contributing factors.

miss

carry at all times

This will create more problems than fixing them.

1. Obtaining gun license is important consideration. Illegal firearms can become a huge problem if used.

2. Shooting somebody should be last resort option in a bad situation. Being trigger happy will result in numerous enemies who would want to take revenge.

It is better to guide people properly.

miss

carry at all times

Theek hai if i take this suggestion.

Who will believe women when the courts/police ask for evidence of Rape or sexual assault?
Woman says they tried to touch, tried to rape or were harassing us.
Do you know the next answer to this?
"He didn't actually DO IT to you, so why you shot him then?"

Maybe maybe a woman gets lucky and it gets recorded on public cameras to back up her claims.

You see where I am going here?

I am not naive like you and @LeGenD to fall for @Hiraa 's propaganda against Pakistan and Islam.
Please refrain from personal attacks on members.

If you disagree with her, offer a rational rebuttal.

Merely brushing all of our issues under the carpet and burying our heads in the ground like ostriches is not going to solve any problems - we start by acknowledging issues plaguing our society - issues such as misogyny and double standards and justification of crimes such as sexual assault because of how women dress, act etc.

I agree with some proposals I have read about finding a way to address such issues (respect for all genders, faiths, non-violence, civic responsibility etc) in our schools starting at an early age. It may not resolve all our issues, but it is better than nothing.

Theek hai if i take this suggestion.

Who will believe women when the courts/police ask for evidence of Rape or sexual assault?
Woman says they tried to touch, tried to rape or were harassing us.
Do you know the next answer to this?
"He didn't actually DO IT to you, so why you shot him then?"

Maybe maybe a woman gets lucky and it gets recorded on public cameras to back up her claims.

You see where I am going here?
I learned 8 self-defence moves to help you protect yourself from assault -
MUNNAZZAH RAZA

Amir J. Khan taught me the art of Krav Maga, a self-defence system.

Here's how you can benefit.
munnazzah-raza

MUNNAZZAH RAZA

UPDATED 09 MAR, 2020 02:57PM

This story was first published on 7th March 2017.

Ask yourself: Do I feel safe? Safe on the streets of my city? Safe from people at work? Safe at home?
I'll go first. I don't.
I never feel safe unless I'm within my home in Karachi. Even then I'm acutely aware of household objects I can use as potential weapons against intruders in case of a break in. Keys? Yes, I can wedge the teeth between my fingers and attack the face. Vase? Yes, can break it on the head and use the shards to stab. Glass of water? Throw water on the face. Distract. Then break glass on the head. Yes. That should work. Books? Shield? Hmm, maybe.
Call me paranoid but my guard is always up.
It could be owing to the recent break in at my aunt's house — the robbers pushed and shoved the poor woman down a flight of stairs with complete disregard to her age or health — or it could be a reaction to news of harassment at Atif Aslam's concert, or the fact that since an early age, each time I've stepped foot outdoors I've felt like a hapless prey shrinking under the weight of penetrating stares of predators on the streets.
Feeling safe is a luxury we don't have, at least not given the current situation in Pakistan. Women face harassment at work, on the streets, when using public transport and some, even in their own homes.
And although we may not be able to stop molestation from taking place at large or even in the home, we can, however, fend for ourselves by learning self-defence.
So when gym and studio, MUV Base introduced self-defence classes by personal safety and self-defence (Krav Maga) instructor Amir J. Khan, needless to say, I was instantly interested.
It's best to learn these self-defence moves from a professional and then practice them on a daily basis so they become second nature. You shouldn't use them without practice and training.
As Amir stressed to me, these moves are meant to weaken the assailant and give you enough time to get away. It's not advisable to keep attacking the assailant, which will reduce your getaway time and attract bystanders and/or the assailant's companions.

Here's what I learned during my sessions - ways to block aggression which is most likely to occur in real life.
1) Bear hug
l0IychtkBeRgAghUI.gif

When grabbed from behind in a bear hug, use your elbow to strike the groin multiple times till the assailant's grip loosens.
Shift your hip to one side and move your leg behind the assailant's to wedge it in between his. Simultaneously, stick your elbow out parallel to the assailant's chest and push him back so he trips on your leg and falls to the ground — this requires a lot of force. Make sure your leg between the assailant's is grounded with full force to trip him. Once he's on the ground attack with punches.

2) Arm pull
3oKIPCnD9FHIkmch7a.gif

One of the most common ways to manhandle a woman is the arm pull.
Instead of tugging and pulling your arm — the assailant's grip will only tighten — open your palm, twist it around and jerk it out from between the assailant's fingers and thumb. During the hand pull, pivot 180 degrees to the side for an elbow attack to the head. (If you're tiny and your assailant huge, jump to strike).

3) Hair pull
l0IyggCCsbhjwlZdK.gif

Another common way of controlling women is by pulling their hair.
In all probability the assailant will tug and pull at your hair for physical dominance. To regain balance, take both hands, grab a hold of the assailant's hand clutching your hair and hold it steady, turn to face the assailant, grab his neck for stability and kick the groin repeatedly till the assailant's grasp on the hair loosens, then either punch the face or go for an elbow strike.

4) Wall choke
l0Iyhv2tRBu6T3hSg.gif

If an assailant grabs you by the neck and pushes you to the wall, pull your chin in so that the head doesn't hit the wall. Once against the wall, drop one shoulder to the side (do not bend your knee) lift the opposite arm in a 90 degree angle and twist to the other side. Push your tricep down the assailant's arms with all your might to break his clasp on your neck, strike his face with your elbow, with the same arm grab the back of his neck and ram the head into the wall.
5) One arm choke
xUPGcGRoBnYUwEjqnu.gif

Take the opposite arm and dig your fingers under the palm of the assailant's, peel it away from your neck and outwards rotating it to the other side, keep holding the hand and twisting while grabbing a hold of the assailant's tricep.
xUPGcI8nIDx20UTHiM.gif

Hit the area under the tricep (weak spot) with your knee and continue to twist the tricep in an upward motion and push him to the ground.

6 & 7) Ground choke/rape
There are two ways to do this:
xUPGcCnkqr8IparSmI.gif

One is when the assailant is choking you while he sits atop your pelvis, use your pelvis to thrust him up with full force. He'll fall face first behind you.
3og0IEqKu1p5qmFI76.gif

Second is when the assailant is choking you with his legs in-between yours. Clasp your hands together, place your legs inside his and lock them in. Move your arms up and out with full force breaking his grasp on your neck, the assailant will either fall on top of you or drop his hands on either side to steady himself.
In a swift move, place a palm on one side of the assailant's nose and grab the back of his head with the other -- now this is important, the placement of the hands depends on the side you're going to rotate the assailant, If you're going for the left side, then place your left hand on the right side of his nose and your right behind the head -- with your legs still locked in his twist him to one side and get on top of him and strike his face.

8) Pipe or danda attack
3o7buil07UiE6q5eJG.gif

If an assailant swings a weapon at you, assess whether it'll make contact or not, if not, run towards the assailant, open your arm at a 90 degree angle, take it over his arm holding the weapon and pull his arm in. Grab the back of his head and strike the groin with your knee multiple times.
Grab the base of the pole with the arm holding the neck and dislodge the other arm to grab a hold of the pipe from the other end, twist and break it out of the assailant's grip and swing. Hard.

La ilaha illallah

Ladies and gentlemen, here is an example of people who are part of the problem.
And an example of why any government will only have limited success on ANY issue, regardless of how efficiently it governs, because so long as societal and cultural attitudes prevent open discussions around the socio-cultural problems we have, there will be no sustained progress or evolution in our society.

Take the example of Malala for example - considering all the brutalities the TTP perpetrated, getting shot in the head (like Malala was) is pretty tame. Yet we have many Pakistanis that abuse her, reject her story and accuse her of 'maligning Islam and Pakistan'.

I mean, how sick does one have to be to accuse a girl shot in the head of 'faking her story', when her surgery and recovery was covered in various parts of the media and by locals?

How can Pakistanis blame Malala for 'maligning Islam and Pakistan' when the entire world saw the barbarities perpetrated by the TTP, Daesh and Al Qaeda, in many, many countries around the world?

Back
Top Bottom