What's new

With eye on China, India deploys Akash missiles in northeast !

Which S 300??There are literally dozens of S 300 variants which are envisaged for different roles.And do you need a heavy SAM like this,their lateral acceleration,which is the most critical requirement to successfully engage modern highly maneuverable fighter bombers, is not that great.Therefore what IAF needs is combo of lighter,more agile SAMs like the Barak 2/Barak 2ER for area defence and ESHORADS like Akash MkI for point defence.
So they are on the right track.

thank you sir. I found the post very informative.

lol....great weapon pakistan.......very true..they need not to fight..some one else will fight on their behalf.....hehehehe .whether it is forum or some other place...

mate, sometimes sarcasm is the best reply one can give.
cheers. :)

India has now begun deploying six Akash surface-to-air missile (SAM) squadrons in the northeast
Each Akash battery consists of four self-propelled Launchers (3 Akash SAMs each), a Battery Level Radar - the Rajendra, and a Command post (Battery Control Centre). Two batteries are deployed as a Squadron (Air Force), while up to four form an Akash Group (Army configuration).
Akash (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@sancho @Abingdonboy

144 Aakash SAMs :woot:

mate, sometimes sarcasm is the best reply one can give.
cheers. :)
:lol: when you see them reply to such threads all you need to do is grab a popcorn and enjoy reading ,they are top class chinese Cheerleaders :D

:lol: when you see them reply to such threads all you need to do is grab a popcorn and enjoy reading ,they are top class chinese Cheerleaders :D

not all Pakistaani members though. I have found many Pakistaani members who never tries to troll, replies are sane & informative.
But the other few has nothing else to do except trolling, chest thumping and glorification.
Hatered for us, makes them do so.

Yep,it should be 144 akash SAM'a as per the wiki link , but the link also says that a total of 3000 akash missiles have been developed as of yet :) , i wonder were all of those missiles have been deployed. :)

Glad to have come at your service friend.And please don't call me sir,I do not qualify for such respect like @orion Hunter or @AUSTERLITZ .

Glad to have come at your service friend.And please don't call me sir,I do not qualify for such respect like @orion Hunter or @AUSTERLITZ .
Bhai who the hell gave 11 negative ratings to you,i mean tumi toh amar moto troll o koro na tobe tomake etogulo negative ratings deowar mane kio_O??

not all Pakistaani members though. I have found many Pakistaani members who never tries to troll, replies are sane & informative.
But the other few has nothing else to do except trolling, chest thumping and glorification.
Hatered for us, makes them do so.
Agreed.I have come across many such members who are very informative and like to stick to the subject. Cheerleading part was directed to those two who commented on this thread :)

@Omega007
they are top of the batch I agree. I dont mind calling even one younger to me as sir if they provide good info to me.
Thank you anyways mate

@Nova2
yup, they are here just to troll.

Yep,it should be 144 akash SAM'a as per the wiki link , but the link also says that a total of 3000 akash missiles have been developed as of yet :) , i wonder were all of those missiles have been deployed. :)
144 for northeast...may be remaining r in stores.

Finally a king who listens to his subjects!!!

This will bolster our aerial defence like never before.
Could you shed some light on how many akash missiles make a squadron?

Bhai who the hell gave 11 negative ratings to you,i mean tumi toh amar moto troll o koro na tobe tomake etogulo negative ratings deowar mane kio_O??
If someone can give a negative rating to weby than how could @Omega007 be left out :D

Ha Ha,ki ar bolbo bhai.Oi je achen na akjon Chinese-Dragon,akta samay uni to amake -ve rating deoata to unar hobby banie felechilen!!Oi 11 tar modhye mone hoi 8-9 ta toh oi voddor lok-e present korechen. :D

Ar bhai,tomar ki khobor??

Last edited:
sorry but thats incorrect figures. There will be 294 Akash SAMs stationed in ready to fire mode.

Could you shed some light on how many akash missiles make a squadron?

If someone can give a negative rating to weby than how could @Omega007 be left out :D
48 missiles in standalone version for army and 24 in IAF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom