What's new

With 500 Soldiers On Guard, China Starts New Construction In Doklam

Okay just a quick summation of what has been happening. Doklam is all about the Silguri Corridor or "Chickens Neck". Few miles of Indian territory that connects Indian Assam and the contested state of Arunchal Pradesh with India.

JWFpSbS.png

Don forget people. it's all about? Gymochen. Yes get used to Gymochen. The way it has played out is simple. The Chinese have mountain spurs or crests that effectively block off PLA from lower plains of Silguri in India. These crests are supposed to belong to Bhutan. It is in India's intersest to make sure PLA is locked behind the few crests of the mountains so that it can't threaten the Silguri chickens neck in India. These crests is the only physical features that prevent PLA from pouring down into Indian Silguri on the plains.

PLA of course would want to be placed strategically on top of the last crest before the land drops down to Indian Silguri and the plains of India. The last crest is called Gyomochen. It is few miles south of Dokla La. The Chinese have over the preceding decades moved south crest by crest. Until they were firmly in position of Dokla La. They had already built a road upto Dokla La to that secured their position on Dokla La.

Now only a few miles south was the tempting final crest - Gyomochen. The Chinese now began to make their last effort to reach their goal by extending that road from Dokla La to few miles south to Gyomochen. Thids is what they tried this summer to do. But I think they badly made a mistake. They did not factor in that Indians would panic. And this is exactly what happened. When the Indians saw the road being extended south to the last spur that looks down on Indian plains and Silguri they paniced and intervened leading to the stand off. Gymochen is strategic because it is the last crest before the rolling plains of India below.

However what appears to have happened is Chinese merely postponed their march south. Look at the map below. The solid green line is the road Chinese have already built upto Dokla La [1]. From their the last spur that looks down on Silguri [Chickens Neck] at Gymochen is only few miles south. What the Chinese have done is flanked the border ridge with PLA combat units - flank marked dold red/broken red [2] and now began contruction of the road south to Gymochen [3] marked with broken green.

ih0cwhy.png

This summer when PLA tried to build the road from Dokla La [2] to Gymochen [3] India managed to obstruct it. It appears that the Chinese have done exactly what they wanted to do. Now the ball is in Indias court. Does the Indian Army have the gonads to move across to block the contstruction - though this time they are going to run into PLA infantry units and risk war or look down between their legs and see that China has castrated them already. What is it going to be?? If this was chess game India would be "checkmated" right now. So what is india going to do? Have you ballsOxe?

Just to give you a bigger picture of the checkmate of India by China please look below at the map. The Chinese will now extend the road upto Gymochen and from that high vantage point essentiall have the entire Silguri Corridor in their sights. Silguri town being only 45 miles distant with the chickens neck behind. In fact PLA will have India by the testicles.

JB4dMmh.png

The map puts everything in place. PLA is going to be sat pretty on top of Gymochen. In the perfect position to throttle the chickens neck at Silguri Corridor effectively chopping off North East India. This places Arunchal Pradesh the contested region between India and China in the vice grip. What a masterplay by China.

Congrats to @Chinese-Dragon @Beijing Walker @Andrewjen @Beast and other Chinese. That was perfect employment of the Art of War as advocated by Sun Tzu.

hWJLThQ.png
Good analysis bro, but I think the Indians are too paranoid, Gyomochen is only important if the Chinese want to pour down into the Indian plain, otherwise, Doklam plateau, the flat portion is enough to position all the missiles and howitzers. It is better to just shoot from that plateau rather than occupy Jampheri/Gyomochen.

God....it seems like shifting goal post is the way to go....earlier we were told that its India who blinked and that is why India got egg on her face...and now we are told that road is being constructed 10 km away from the flashpoint and that's why Its India who got face on her egg....I mean i understand that we got egg on our face but atleast decide on what should be the reason..no :lol:....because from what i am making out of this....is that China was forced out of flashpoint....and is now responding by following the so called salami slicing...freaking 10 KM away...and something that Indian side was already anticipating...(refer to Army chief statements right after/during standoff)....now is there a sane brain here to discuss this issue, further??
Bhai, what makes you think they are shifting the goal post? Chinese troops are 100-200 meters away from the Indian border INSIDE DOKLAM. Now they are upgrading EXISTING roads in other parts of Doklam. Will we continue to build from Doka La to Gyomochen? I believe we will, the troops are now flanking India along the border, the moment you cross, it's war.

for millions of years, rats are still rats````it is also "natural progression" :lol:

and these are imported from China```thank you ! :lol:

I am not talking about plastic bulldozers toys ```thank you ! :lol:

I dont have access to local conditions, because nobody lives there.
Yes that is exactly my point...so stop saying that road construction stalled because of weather...that is chinese claim...not necessarily reality...

Just look at when you hear the next news on the situation, even this thread coincides with a rare dry spell in the region.
Another sensible observation...not sure why earlier you were not willing to wait?? Anyways, agree here..b.w widening an existing road might getting people too excited...in reality it is not like that....

You were saying that India ran away so that the Chinese "underestimate" you.
This is a ridiculous strategy, especially since you already tried to deploy as much as you could in the early stages.
What?? Where did I say that, "we ran away"..couple of post ago i was surely trying to use sarcasm...may be it confused you but that is not what i am trying to say...Let me clarify...

Status quo dictates Chinese presence in Doklam(patrolling) and Indian absentee from there...i mean why should we be patrol area that don't belong to us??...Even at the standoff if has been cleared many times that troops disengaged(they are now 150 m apart...)..This particular situation has been played as victory for China or something like that....All i am trying to clarify is that - this is not the case...please let me know where you disagree?

China halted road construction long ago, their troops still remained in the area even after India withdrew theirs. They also never removed their construction equipment, it was always there.

Again you are back to rhetorics...is the word "Area" confusing you?? If that is the case then Indian troops are also in that "Area"...we are 150 m away from where we were(standoff point)...b/w did you really said - "constructions stopped long ago"?? If construction stopped long ago then why the heck we went it there....man...you write such lines and then have the nerve to call me dumb??

Atleast check how to freaking row began - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40478813

Im not the weather channel, look it up yourself.
Of-course you are not weather channel but seems like you are google map...I mean you are pretty clear about why construction stopped....How it was unilateral engagement from India side...how the construction material has not been removed, troops still there...blah blah..but have no clue if the construction there will start in even an Year, since you are not a weather expert??...I even asked you a pointed question...you don't see any connection b/w standoff,disengagement and weather going bad for good?

You just explained exactly why your supposed "salami slicing" strategy is so dumb.If you dont have a show of force then you will lose any influence you have in the area.
Do you understand completely what salami slicing is all about?? Please read a bit on this...and we did show of force where required....that's why i said China miscalculated India's move here...this is the whole reason the freaking standoff occurred...it was a miscalculation...Just to give you an example...Check how they are now talking about 1890 treaty again and again...this is how salami slicing works...

You really are dumb, thinking you did some kind of attack against Pakistan when Pakistan itself used the exact same line itself.

Boy you people are gullible.
And you are a real Jackass and the dumbest cheerleader I have talked to with so far...!!

Let me know if adding those personal comments added any more weight to my answer, if not then understand that apart from provoking people to abuse back, they serve nothing!!

Anyways I mean one has to be really naive to say something like that...In 11 years of its existence this is the first time then BRICS names Pakistani based terrorist groups as regional threat and here you are claiming as if this is business as usual..I even told you that China denied us this in 2016 itself.....I know nothing can help someone pretending to be blind..but then ...for the sake of it...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cs-statement-on-militant-groups-idUSKCN1BG1GL

Building or upgrading infrastructure, what do you think the purpose is for; tourists? commuters?Its obvious anything they are doing in the area is to serve a single obvious purpose.
So you are not willing to even make a wild guess if the road construction at the standoff site will even start in a year and here you are talking about strategy....this road that they are widening was present there earlier too...they can widen it as much as they want...our problem is the construction site 10 km from there...this is where we won't allow a road...

Please talk to me when the road construction starts at the standoff area.......

Anyways i requested you not to get personal but seems like it is difficult for you to control that part...I am not going to engage further on this and adding you to my ignore list....Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Yes that is exactly my point...so stop saying that road construction stalled because of weather...that is chinese claim...not necessarily reality...

Another sensible observation...not sure why earlier you were not willing to wait?? Anyways, agree here..b.w widening an existing road might getting people too excited...in reality it is not like that....

What?? Where did I say that, "we ran away"..couple of post ago i was surely trying to use sarcasm...may be it confused you but that is not what i am trying to say...Let me clarify...

Status quo dictates Chinese presence in Doklam(patrolling) and Indian absentee from there...i mean why should we be patrol area that don't belong to us??...Even at the standoff if has been cleared many times that troops disengaged(they are now 150 m apart...)..This particular situation has been played as victory for China or something like that....All i am trying to clarify is that - this is not the case...please let me know where you disagree?

Again you are back to rhetorics...is the word "Area" confusing you?? If that is the case then Indian troops are also in that "Area"...we are 150 m away from where we were(standoff point)...b/w did you really said - "constructions stopped long ago"?? If construction stopped long ago then why the heck we went it there....man...you write such lines and then have the nerve to call me dumb??

Atleast check how to freaking row began - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40478813

Of-course you are not weather channel but seems like you are google map...I mean you are pretty clear about why construction stopped....How it was unilateral engagement from India side...how the construction material has not been removed, troops still there...blah blah..but have no clue if the construction there will start in even an Year, since you are not a weather expert??...I even asked you a pointed question...you don't see any connection b/w standoff,disengagement and weather going bad for good?

Do you understand completely what salami slicing is all about?? Please read a bit on this...and we did show of force where required....that's why i said China miscalculated India's move here...this is the whole reason the freaking standoff occurred...it was a miscalculation...Just to give you an example...Check how they are now talking about 1890 treaty again and again...this is how salami slicing works...

And you are a real Jackass and the dumbest cheerleader I have talked to with so far...!!

Let me know if adding those personal comments added any more weight to my answer, if not then understand that apart from provoking people to abuse back, they serve nothing!!

Anyways I mean one has to be really naive to say something like that...In 11 years of its existence this is the first time then BRICS names Pakistani based terrorist groups as regional threat and here you are claiming as if this is business as usual..I even told you that China denied us this in 2016 itself.....I know nothing can help someone pretending to be blind..but then ...for the sake of it...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cs-statement-on-militant-groups-idUSKCN1BG1GL

So you are not willing to even make a wild guess if the road construction at the standoff site will even start in a year and here you are talking about strategy....this road that they are widening was present there earlier too...they can widen it as much as they want...our problem is the construction site 10 km from there...this is where we won't allow a road...

Anyways i requested you not to get personal but seems like it is difficult for you to control that part...I am not going to engage further on this and adding you to my ignore list....Have a nice day!

This dude seriously wrote all this crap and then ignored me?

what a drama queen.

Big victory for India.
China has now fully accepted the reality she will never be able to build a road in standoff area and is now forced to build a road 10 km away.
Oh, India's big victory in the recent crash, 7 people died.
Indians, please recognize your strength. Don't repeat the 1962 disaster.

This particular situation has been played as victory for China or something like that....All i am trying to clarify is that - this is not the case...please let me know where you disagree?

I don't agree with this, the Doklam situation has in fact been played off like a victory for Modi in the Indian media.

And the majority of the Indian posters here think that India somehow "won" the last Doklam standoff.

Though all those Indian members are curiously absent from this thread?

The irony is that China would have been likely to let this one go, but the constant boasting from the Indian side of their supposed victory has forced China's hand, now we have to keep building the road in Doklam or we will lose face in front of the domestic detractors.

Of course the road is not stalled because of weather, in exchange for de facto annexation of Doklam, we are postponing it. We need to let Modi save face, after sometime, when the Indian media is less hostile, we will restart. All will be dandy again...Chini Hindi Bhai Bhai.

The problem is we are not just PATROLLING, we are stationed there now permanently. =). This area had never been under de facto Chinese control, it was 'disputed', you geniuses handed us this territory on a silver plate. The real losers are the Bhutanese and the lost of Indian prestige. Do you think the Bhutanese will believe India again? So much for the 'protection', you did run btw.

You can be 10 meters away, who cares, as long as it is within your own borders. Our troops are now in our own borders, aren't we supposed to leave Doklam? Wasn't this supposed to be a 'mutual withdrawal'? The reality is we are in Doklam and you are in Doka La.

Construction got postponed and in return, we get defacto control of Doklam, it will restart after the heat turns down for Modi. He is a good friend afterall, permanent Chinese troops in Doklam now. =)

Who miscalculated who? You miscalculated Chinese reaction or did we undersestimate Indian reaction? You thought it was just another kabaddi game where you can just come in and play like the usual disputed border area. In return, you are forced to retreat. Humiliating isn't it? =)

What if we build a radar base, a missile base and a new road a few km from the standoff site? Is this ok? You still don't get the big picture, it's not just about a road, this is permanent Chinese occupation of Doklam and now you cannot do anything. Once you retreated, it is de facto recognition of Chinese occupation. Such geniuses!

I am not talking about plastic bulldozers toys ```thank you ! :lol:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...truction-gear-market/articleshow/50987481.cms

:rofl: You do know India is one of our largest export markets for excavators right?

primitve factor driven India can only buy plastic bulldozers, sorry mate```again, but thank you``:lol:

Maybe that's enough to scare the Chinese one more time :lol:

Of course the road is not stalled because of weather, in exchange for de facto annexation of Doklam, we are postponing it. We need to let Modi save face, after sometime, when the Indian media is less hostile, we will restart. All will be dandy again...Chini Hindi Bhai Bhai.

The problem is we are not just PATROLLING, we are stationed there now permanently. =). This area had never been under de facto Chinese control, it was 'disputed', you geniuses handed us this territory on a silver plate. The real losers are the Bhutanese and the lost of Indian prestige. Do you think the Bhutanese will believe India again? So much for the 'protection', you did run btw.

You can be 10 meters away, who cares, as long as it is within your own borders. Our troops are now in our own borders, aren't we supposed to leave Doklam? Wasn't this supposed to be a 'mutual withdrawal'? The reality is we are in Doklam and you are in Doka La.

Construction got postponed and in return, we get defacto control of Doklam, it will restart after the heat turns down for Modi. He is a good friend afterall, permanent Chinese troops in Doklam now. =)

Who miscalculated who? You miscalculated Chinese reaction or did we undersestimate Indian reaction? You thought it was just another kabaddi game where you can just come in and play like the usual disputed border area. In return, you are forced to retreat. Humiliating isn't it? =)

What if we build a radar base, a missile base and a new road a few km from the standoff site? Is this ok? You still don't get the big picture, it's not just about a road, this is permanent Chinese occupation of Doklam and now you cannot do anything. Once you retreated, it is de facto recognition of Chinese occupation. Such geniuses!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...truction-gear-market/articleshow/50987481.cms

:rofl: You do know India is one of our largest export markets for excavators right?

Then china should immediately stop exporting the weapon (Bulldozer) which we are threatening them with :rofl:

Maybe that's enough to scare the Chinese one more time :lol:

Then china should immediately stop exporting the weapon (Bulldozer) which we are threatening them with :rofl:
you mean those funny and clueless Indian soldiers were kicked like chikens, and "scared" PLA to have a fully control over the area now, and built permanent bunkers? :lol:, no one can match Indian's feel good slef-delusion

Last edited:
I don't agree with this, the Doklam situation has in fact been played off like a victory for Modi in the Indian media.

And the majority of the Indian posters here think that India somehow "won" the last Doklam standoff.

Though all those Indian members are curiously absent from this thread?

The irony is that China would have been likely to let this one go, but the constant boasting from the Indian side of their supposed victory has forced China's hand, now we have to keep building the road in Doklam or we will lose face in front of the domestic detractors.

Don't you think the war mongering India media which will call even a normal missile test as a China Killer is largely silent almost for the whole 70 days . And no one here is underestimating the Chinese infact we are preparing ourself for any similar future conflict like the doklam the below tweet from the ex-army officer should give you an idea about what's most of us are thinking . And no one is boasting here we are infact happy that the congress is not ruling us anymore if you know what I mean :D

Back
Top Bottom