What's new

Wishing all a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali.

Diwali ki shubh shubh kaamnayen :)

I think I got that right! Who the man?

Deepawali sounds like a Punjabi phrase, probably a derivative of Deepaa'N' Wali. So the holiday is based on commemorating some woman with lights?

Diwali ki shubh shubh kaamnayen :)

I think I got that right! Who the man?

Deepawali sounds like a Punjabi phrase, probably a derivative of Deepaa'N' Wali. So the holiday is based on commemorating some woman with lights?

Sorry if I sound rude, but what are u giving best wishes for if you are unaware of the reason ?

Sorry if I sound rude, but what are u giving best wishes for if you are unaware of the reason ?

Does sound rude :disagree: Most of us wish people for Id and Ramzan and Easter's without actually know what it means, the spiritual meaning and the normal meaning.. Just recognize the spirit of Friendship in the wishes and let it go.. Apologies if it sounds curt.

A happy diwali to all friends who celebrate it:cheers:

But a little help and sorry if it seems ignorant -- exactly what is Diwali and what is it that is being celebrated? Victory of good over evil?? How? Who? What does it mean?

Last edited:
There is no single definition as to the reason for Deepavali or Diwali.. It means the festival of lights and its celebrated to mark the victory of Good over Evil. My grandma taught me that Diwali is celebrated to mark the death of the Evil King Naraksur @ the hands of Lord Krishna. Others celebrate it to mark Lord Rama's arrival in Ayodhya after defeating and killing the Demon King Ravana of Ceylon(Present day Srilanka).

For other definitions, I would suggest you see this.

Diwali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom