What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
My question is why cant the Joint Fighter -F-35 be made part of the MRCA deal????

Boeing and Lockheed martin are both involved in the programme and is cheaper than EF

1. cost more than the budget of mrca
2. time not suitable

3** -- we are getting Pak-Fa/Hal Fgfa which is on par with f-35 (might not be exactly as good).

current mrca adds no and quality both to our force along with a sure 5th gen fighter in future.

If I remember the no of planes we will buy might be divided among two bidders (dont remember the exact no.) ..if yes then either Rafale and Gripen.
and guys please dont compare gripen with tejas.

To be fair enough 126 is not a big number to divide between two, if it's 200 then it is fine.

Rafale sounds perfect to me. If some hard bargaining could be done to lower it's price.

American Tech is expensive and we shdn't dream of ToT they will not do it (Period), they are not selling tech to UK how can they give to us???

To be fair enough 126 is not a big number to divide between two, if it's 200 then it is fine.

Rafale sounds perfect to me. If some hard bargaining could be done to lower it's price.

American Tech is expensive and we shdn't dream of ToT they will not do it (Period), they are not selling tech to UK how can they give to us???

completely agreed.

Thats why I too dont think of any american bird...not just they wont transfer the tech,but frankly other fighter here seem to be more advanced...that too with other benefits like ToT and licensed production.

Both excitement and speculation is running high with IAF concluding the trials of all the six fighter aircrafts,widely regarded as mother of all defense deals . Ministry of Defense and IAF are expected to pick a winner/prune down the list soon.

We have discussed and debated on all the six fighters for quite a while on this forum. Now, it is the right time to start putting ur bets on the fighter that U think is gonna win. Just cast ur vote and reply in one word.Take into consideration all the technical,political etc reasons.

Okay so the time to place ur bets Gentlemen and Ladies. Let us see whether the :pdf: can pick the winner.

P.S- this thread is not about discussing the aircrafts,kindly do that on the MRCA thread. Plz cast ur vote :cool:.

Last edited:
Most of the Indians will support EFT or Rafale but Super Hornet looks most probable winner.

My choice is EFT. :D

Why you say SH will win im just curious? India has never bought a US fighter in its history and Pakistan already operates the f16 I can see US selling them old stocks of F18 S/H in the distant future. Plus US will give India a watered down version of it's AESA thats why i think s/h is out the picture.

Why you say SH will win im just curious? India has never bought a US fighter in its history and Pakistan already operates the f16 I can see US selling them old stocks of F18 S/H in the distant future. Plus US will give India a watered down version of it's AESA thats why i think s/h is out the picture.

Dude , I understand ur curosity. but plz keep the discussion for the MRCA thread.:mod:

Why bring Pakistan here?

We didnt buy old F-16s rather new ones be it the 90s or even now... so we will probably buy new F-18s if we want...

Eurofigher.

We have Russian with Sukhois and Americans with Nuclear deal. I believe now is the time to bring Europeans into fold here with this deal. Remember geologist importance is going to play very impotant role in this deal.

only 1 mig 35 (that too by me)...... does no one like russian aircraft anymore????

Back
Top Bottom