What's new

Windows Phone era for Nokia to compete with Andorid and iOS

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Today marked the beginning of the Windows Phone era for Nokia. The company announced to make the Micorosft platform its primary OS just before the MWC in February, but it's only now, at Nokia World that it finally had actual products to show us.
The Nokia CEO, Steven Elop, stepped on stage and unveiled the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710. The Lumia 800 borrows the Nokia N9 unibody design and comes with a 3.7" ClearBlack AMOLED, a 1.4GHz Scorpion CPU, 512 MB of RAM and 16GB of storage under the hood.

The Nokia Lumia 800 was certainly the most important announcement at the Nokia World keynote speech. The non-colored plastic unibody smartphone is the better spec'd of the newly introduced couple, featuring a 3.7" ClearBlack AMOLED, a 1.4GHz Scorpion CPU, an 8 megapixel camera with bright F/2.2 lens and 16GB of internal storage.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WM7 sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks

^ some peoples still believe that window is more stable operating system than android

no competition here...symbian is a well trusted and mature OS..
WM is in its infancy and will remain there,,,same as their desktop version

^ Symbian were outdated especially in web browsing and lack of flash support that swhy nokia adopted window opertaing system for their mobiles to compete with android smart phones

^ some peoples still believe that window is more stable operating system than android

this is basically my work ... Androids are hot cakes now days .. example . HD7 has WM7 & its rates drops drastically in Market & when the Custom Android Released for HD7 , Rs 5000 increased in its price ...

Symbian is dead .... you can look at new Nokia generation phones .

The interface looks great, app availability isn't too great.

And Microsoft tends to be alot like Apple in their predatory control practices, the platform may look good but with Microsoft retaining alot of control over what sort of apps can be developed and how you can use your phone, like Apple with their iPhone.

Nokia will not be able to increase its market share in high end smart phones until it introduces Android in its sets

yesterday I bought Samsung SII, I have to say im impressed with Android tech. but my love for Symbian Anna is not yet faded.

yesterday I bought Samsung SII, I have to say im impressed with Android tech. but my love for Symbian Anna is not yet faded.

Galaxsy s 2 is the leader of the mobile phones. HTC sensation come closer to it. Galaxsy s1 and s2 will remain two best android phones of samsung..

The only thing which i dont like about android is " Forced close" which is not common in Microsoft and Symbian. The only thing which leave smybian behind is web surfing and internet experience on mobile which is getting more common these days and also they have very limited application as compare to android and iOS. They are still superior in all other department. I am tempted to get Nokia n9 in next mobile contract. It has some great specification..look fantastic . It has MeeGo which is better than Anna

nokia-n9-all-1.jpg

It is - You probably have not used WM 7.5 Mango.Most of the hate against WM 7.5 comes from people who have never used it before or from iPhone Fans.It's a lot more polished then Android (As far as average user is concerned..for geeks its a different case).I know i will be labelled MS Fanboy so let me tell you i have only used WM 7.5 once and that too on my brother's phone.I am currently using Nexus S (Pure Vanilla Android Exp) and Atrix (Android with Motoblur Crap on top of it). I have not read about force close type issues on WM 7.5.WM 7.5 is far more stable then Android (Too Much Crap by Carriers and Phone Manufacturers..Otherwise I think nothing can beat Pure Android Experience..).I would tend to agree with statement like WM 7.5 is not open like Android, It does not have a lot of apps like Android etc but saying that it is not stable is just ridiculous.Me thinks MSFT will kill Android with Win8 in due time.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Galaxsy s 2 is the leader of the mobile phones. HTC sensation come closer to it. Galaxsy s1 and s2 will remain two best android phones of samsung..

The only thing which i dont like about android is " Forced close" which is not common in Microsoft and Symbian. The only thing which leave smybian behind is web surfing and internet experience on mobile which is getting more common these days and also they have very limited application as compare to android and iOS. They are still superior in all other department. I am tempted to get Nokia n9 in next mobile contract. It has some great specification..look fantastic . It has MeeGo which is better than Anna

nokia-n9-all-1.jpg
Meego is a dead end.

It's tempting but I think I'll stick with Android thanks. I've already sold my soul to Google.

lol which one you are using then ?

Do you also get "forced close" in your android phone?

Its amazing how android took over the mobile world in few years. I can even use my mobile as portable scanner to scan document and send it by emails using camscanner application..Microsfor office and editing tool is also in your pocket.

It is - You probably have not used WM 7.5 Mango.Most of the hate against WM 7.5 comes from people who have never used it before or from iPhone Fans.It's a lot more polished then Android (As far as average user is concerned..for geeks its a different case).I know i will be labelled MS Fanboy so let me tell you i have only used WM 7.5 once and that too on my brother's phone.I am currently using Nexus S (Pure Vanilla Android Exp) and Atrix (Android with Motoblur Crap on top of it). I have not read about force close type issues on WM 7.5.WM 7.5 is far more stable then Android (Too Much Crap by Carriers and Phone Manufacturers..Otherwise I think nothing can beat Pure Android Experience..).I would tend to agree with statement like WM 7.5 is not open like Android, It does not have a lot of apps like Android etc but saying that it is not stable is just ridiculous.Me thinks MSFT will kill Android with Win8 in due time.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Meego is a dead end.

You are right. I actually used one window mobile Samsung Omnia but its user interface was complicated but yes it was more stable and secured unlike android..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom