What's new

Will Russia ever have its own aircraft carrier?

I did not mean that you did not make anti-ship missiles at all. I mean, at that time while Americans developed direction of aircraft carriers, Russian developed direction of missiles capable of destroying aircraft carriers.
Someone makes a sword, someone shield - right?

Hence why someone makes a sword and shield altogether.

The United States developed a cheap and low-power missles to attack weak countries, such as Iraq and Libya. The USSR developed giant supersonic monsters with tactical nuclear warheads, which is almost impossible to intercept - to attack American fleet.
That's the difference in our approaches.

LOL you assumed that we designed and built missiles to fight third world countries' navies? We designed and built especially for your surface ships. Ain't going to ignore it thats for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lng76WCmkE

its nothing like russia cant build , but i think their strategy is different from USA ...same as china i think , china can build 1 A/C in 1 year but they are busy in building more destroyers , subs and cruise missiles

its nothing like russia cant build , but i think their strategy is different from USA ...same as china i think , china can build 1 A/C in 1 year but they are busy in building more destroyers , subs and cruise missiles

Took us almost 3 years to build a modern aircraft carrier. I doubt China can do it within one year. Even if they try they have have to overcome the technologies in an aircraft carrier.

Hence why someone makes a sword and shield altogether.

Then he will fight with himself.
LOL you assumed that we designed and built missiles to fight third world countries' navies? We designed and built especially for your surface ships. Ain't going to ignore it thats for sure.
LRASM Overview - YouTube
If you build it against the Soviet Union, then why do not you destroy most of ships after the collapse of the Soviet Union? You use it only against weaker countries.

Then he will fight with himself.

If you build it against the Soviet Union, then why do not you destroy most of ships after the collapse of the Soviet Union? You use it only against weaker countries.

Um...because we are not at war with Russia when it collapsed and your navy got smaller without the need of us firing a single shot.

Um...because we are not at war with Russia when it collapsed and your navy got smaller without the need of us firing a single shot.

This is not the answer. You do not build a fleet against the Soviet Union, but for the sake of domination of the sea, allowing you to bomb and rob with impunity any country, what you want. As once Britain was doing.
If you did create a military power only because of the fear of the "aggressive" USSR, you would have dismissed NATO and sunk 70-80% of your fleet.

This is not the answer. You do not build a fleet against the Soviet Union, but for the sake of domination of the sea, allowing you to bomb and rob with impunity any country, what you want. As once Britain was doing.
If you did create a military power only because of the fear of the "aggressive" USSR, you would have dismissed NATO and sunk 70-80% of your fleet.

Most of our fleet is much more smaller than it was during the Cold War if that is what you were asking. And based on past experience its better to be prepared for any navy that would be too aggressive like the Japanese Imperial Navy. Hence like China.

Most of our fleet is much more smaller than it was during the Cold War if that is what you were asking. And based on past experience its better to be prepared for any navy that would be too aggressive like the Japanese Imperial Navy. Hence like China.

That remains to be seen.

Indeed, something we ignored about Japan during the 30s. Based on the actions of China right now, better to be prepared than be sorry like I said.

Like I said before that remains to be seen,how prepared american military is for a war with China or the russian federation.

Like I said before that remains to be seen,how prepared american military is for a war with China or the russian federation.

Well you saw how prepared we were when Japan attacked us in Pearl Harbor.

Russia and china are not on level of Japan,higher than it. Lets see how well prepared you are. I am certain nuclear world war is coming. Russians have a massive civil defence and nuclear shelter networks for civilian population.

Russia and china are not on level of Japan,higher than it. Lets see how well prepared you are. I am certain nuclear world war is coming. Russians have a massive civil defence and nuclear shelter networks for civilian population.

It won't really matter since the U.S. has multiple warheads that can destroy cities and bunkers many times over. As well a deep underground bunkers. Even if any survived govt. collapse, destruction of food sources and transportation of food as well as radiation tends to mitigate survival. Imagine trying to feed more than a billion people if any survived.

may be you have less units, but they become much more powerful, so that no reduction was not. If you were building a defense against the "aggressive" USSR - your military budget would not exceed the budgets of all other nations combined.
And even more, you would not attack Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and other countries.
But it is possible if you were a peaceful country concerned about self-protecting, not killing, robing and spying the whole world, including your own citizens.

Back
Top Bottom