What's new

Will Mars mission propel India ahead of China in space race?

Atleast country China whose technology has thrived on be , borrow and steal tactic have no right to judge Indian technology....

It is only out of utter jealousy that india has embarked upon Mars mission well ahead of India you are vomiting your nonsense .

Off course there are no buyers to your stupidity ....

Continue your mindless , idiotic posts ....

You are like a clown on PDF ....unfortunately not even entertaining as Clowns generally are ....

are not you one of foot soldiers of those '50 cents' army of CCP propaganda wing ???

all those terms of "foolish" "idotic" "jealousy" blah blah blah only apply to you kid. are you suffering from mental blockade or heart burn repeating the same thing which I have given you answers above?

dream on india.... China is way ahead and it will take another 100 years to catch up even if china freeze all missions for that 100 years ... so keep dreaming....

Its all about a food chain...if we are 5th or 6th from the top...Imagine where you are...ohh..I cant even see you!!..:lol:

mate there's an old saying in English that "grapes are sour"!!i know you guys are jumping up and down due to the fact that India has successfully launched it's probe and it will most likely to emerge as a success.now the point is when it comes to the space research international co-operation is inevitable and that's the reason why ISRO and NASA have been co-operating with each other for all these years plus both the U.S.A. and Russia have full confident on our ability to get the job done and our international reputation as an honest nation who would never breach the intellectual rights.on the contrary the U.S.A. has banned NASA from co-operating with CNSA as your country has a very low reputation about respecting the International copyright and intellectual laws......

that is the biggest poorest joke of the universe!

India's Fake Drugs Are a Real Problem
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748703315404575249901511960396 
Don't be jealous kid.
NASA deep space network will provide tracking data through only 3 of its stations rest of the work load including ship based tracking will be done by ISRO.
So keep your half baked assumptions to yourself.

can you post pix of the ship based tracking and other work load here?

The source of all the contentions in this thread is in the thread title. Why regard any space achievement as a competition over others? Also, since Russia failed in their latest Mars mission, does this mean that India is now ahead of Russia in space exploration. This comparison between nations is over board. India, for all its success, should be regard as a success for itself and man kind, and not in comparison with others.

Also, countries should seek to cooperate in space instead of comparing.

When ignorant people like you open their mouth , they only end up making fool of themselves . good luck with that !!!

You lying Indian!

When your ISRO's shallow primitive buffons issue statements related to the mission, they are all bragging India's tech might, blah, blah, supapowa, 4th country in the world... blah blah, without mentioning a single word of NASA. What a bloody disgrace of people you are!

On the contrary, see NASA scientists humble view on this:

Braukas told Computerworld that India's Mars mission is not a cooperative one with NASA, but added that the U.S. agency will provide the Indian agency some deep space communications help. The U.S. plans to provide data from its satellites and antennas that show the craft's position in space, for instance.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9243785/NASA_hopes_India_s_Mars_mission_can_aid_U.S._efforts

Is that clear enough? Without NASA, your ISRO idiots even don't have a clue where your craft is in the space, let alone coomunicate and control, for cow's sake!

Despite of all these, NASA is gracefully giving all the credits to India, even though they are doing the real hard work, the real high tech stuff, of the mission. I bet European Space Agency and the Ruskie tech consultants will get involved too at some point behind the stage, when the thing gets more complicated more than what junior ISRO buffons from India could handle.

FACT: ISRO even hasn't got technologies to design and produce a stable missile with > 300 km range on its own without foreign help. They, together with DRDO, can not even design and produce a decent bullet up to this day for Christ! You must be very retarded to think that they can all of sudden pull some balck magic on Mars, which lies millions upon millions km away.

It doesn't shock me that with you lot's same lying culture , after assembling the 1st PAKFA under foreign instructions, Your ISRO, HAL and DRDO would immediately jump down from trees, starting to claim that it is the 3rd country in the world to make a 5th gen, even though the entire world konws that it is the Ruskies who did all the work.

Lo ji .. aa gaya ek aur...

Would you like to throw some light on China's failed Mars Mission my Chinese friend.

What rocket was used.... why it failed.....

You lying Indian!

When your ISRO's shallow primitive buffons issue statements related to the mission, they are all bragging India's tech might, blah, blah, supapowa, 4th country in the world... blah blah, without mentioning a single word of NASA. What a bloody disgrace of people you are!

Is that clear enough? Without NASA, your ISRO idiots even don't have a clue where your craft is in the space, let alone coomunicate and control, for cow's sake!

Despite of all these, NASA is gracefully giving all the credits to India, even though they are doing the real hard work, the real high tech stuff, of the mission. I bet European Space Agency and the Ruskie tech consultants will get involved too at some point behind the stage, when the thing gets more complicated more than what junior ISRO buffons from India could handle.

FACT: ISRO even hasn't got technologies to design and produce a stable missile with > 300 km range on its own without foreign help. They, together with DRDO, can not even design and produce a decent bullet up to this day for Christ! You must be very retarded to think that they can all of sudden pull some balck magic on Mars, which lies millions upon millions km away.

It doesn't shock me that with you lot's same lying culture , after assembling the 1st PAKFA under foreign instructions, Your ISRO, HAL and DRDO would immediately jump down from trees, starting to claim that it is the 3rd country in the world to make a 5th gen, even though the entire world konws that it is the Ruskies who did all the work.

You lying Indian!

dude if another country's space program makes u so frustrated and insecure....then mr.....u should get a life.

thank you 
Frustrated and jealous. ^^

just look at this piece...the frustration ......clearly has got no life.....

The Chang'e 2 probe flew by Toutatis from the L2 point. India has yet to send a spacecraft to the L2 point or fly by an asteroid. This India Mars mission is still too early to say it's out of the woods. At this point, China's space technology is well head of India's.

The Chang'e 2 probe flew by Toutatis from the L2 point. India has yet to send a spacecraft to the L2 point or fly by an asteroid. This India Mars mission is still too early to say it's out of the woods. At this point, China's space technology is well head of India's.

Even if india is successful reaching Mars, I dont think their technology is ahead of us.

It has demonstrated the ability of our deep space communication and tracking of our Lunar probe. It also showed the accuracy of the spacecraft's closing in on a fly-by object in deep space in L2 and to take pictures there following instructions from the Earth's center 7 million km away!

Lagrange-Points.jpg

Credit: knowqout.com

cea8Hi9ECcJr2.jpg

Credit:server.zol.com.cn

Lo ji .. aa gaya ek aur...

Would you like to throw some light on China's failed Mars Mission my Chinese friend.

What rocket was used.... why it failed.....

In July Chang'e 2 reached her 50 million km travel in deep space. I am pretty confident China can reach Mars if we want to.

The closest distance between Earth and Mars is 56 million km though the furthest is over 100 million km apart.

But you can see from the following illustrations and link that the most favourable distance between the two planets for space travel does not happen every year. So it makes sense for our previous Mars Mission to ride on a Russian rocket when they were planning to get there too!

When Earth and Mars are closest
sunearthmars.jpg

When Earth and Mars reach their closest point, this is known as opposition. It’s the time that Mars appears as a bright red star of the sky; one of the brightest objects, rivalling the brightness of Venus or Jupiter. There’s no question Mars is bright and close, you can see it with your own eyes.

And theoretically at this point, Mars and Earth will be only 54.6 million kilometers from each other. But here’s the thing, this is just theoretical, since the two planets haven’t been this close to one another in recorded history. The last known closest approach was back in 2003, when Earth and Mars were only 56 million kilometers apart. And this was the closest they’d been in 50,000 years.

Need that in miles? The closest possible distance from Earth to Mars in miles is 33.9 million miles.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14824/distance-from-earth-to-mars/#ixzz2juWV10Xx

Here’s a list of Mars Oppositions from 2007-2020 (source)
  • Dec. 24, 2007 – 88.2 million km (54.8 million miles)
  • Jan. 29, 2010 – 99.3 million km (61.7 million miles)
  • Mar. 03, 2012 – 100.7 million km (62.6 million miles)
  • Apr. 08, 2014 – 92.4 million km (57.4 million miles)
  • May. 22, 2016 – 75.3 million km (46.8 million miles)
  • Jul. 27. 2018 – 57.6 million km (35.8 million miles)
  • Oct. 13, 2020 – 62.1 million km (38.6 million miles)
Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14824/distance-from-earth-to-mars/#ixzz2juVsvaWg

earthmarsorbittop.jpg

Credit: above link

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me when on Earth "Europe" became a "country"?

I don't believe India is the fourth country to successfully launch a Mareekhi orbiter but it's only one of the three countries in the world, ever... to achieve this great feat. Well done India.

I've only started hearing and reading about this new "country" called "Europe" in the last few days. I don't know whether it's just jealousy or some sort of inferiority complex that has kicked in, in some corners of the world.

India deserves full credit for this marvellous achievement.

I don't believe India is the fourth country to successfully launch a Mareekhi orbiter but it's only one of the three countries in the world, ever... to achieve this great feat. Well done India.

I've only started hearing and reading about this new "country" called "Europe" in the last few days. I don't know whether it's just jealousy or some sort of inferiority complex that has kicked in, in some corners of the world.

The ESA is a single space agency and includes Greece, one of the top, if not THE top, ancient civilization.

The mission has barely began. Lets wait for the result in 30 days. After that, the result of the mission would not be known until 9 months later. Lets wish ISRO the best of luck.

The ESA is a single space agency and includes Greece, one of the top, if not THE top, ancient civilization.

European Space Agency does not belong to a single country. It's like ASEAN, NATO, Arab League, etc.

Just because no single European country has been able to achieve on their own what a single Asian country, India has managed to achieve, we suddenly start hearing about this new country known as "Europe" which has apparently beaten India to Planet Mareekh.

Last edited:
European Space Agency does not belong to a single country. It's like ASEAN, NATO, Arab League, etc.

Just because no single European country has been able to achieve on their own what a single Asian country, India has managed to achieve, we suddenly start hearing about this new country known "Europe" which has apparently beaten India to Planet Mareekh.

It's like Eurofighter is shared between Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy. Eurofighter belongs to each of these 4 countries just as the ESA belongs to each of the member states of the ESA.

As a matter of fact, it's too early to judge if India's Mars mission will be successful.

I agree with posters above
The launch is the easiest part of the mission achieved through their established pslv rocket into earth's orbit. It is looping madly now round the globe and lets see if it correctly enters the next path for the trajectory to Mars at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom