What's new

Will Iran enter to the war against Israel?

If a military does not exploit its enemy's weaknesses, flaws, ignorance, and incompetence, that military does not deserve to exist.

WTF do you think we have been doing all this time? That we been flying just to burn JP4? Just so our airmen can keep their flight pay and take airborne selfies? You puff yourself up by mocking US because we found some gaps and weaknesses in your radar coverage. How TF do you think we gained control of Iraqi airspace in just a few nights? Desert Storm showed that against US airpower, any gap and/or weakness is lethal.

The target was a pair of Iraqi air defense radar installations. On the first night of a conflict, destroying these stations would open a path to Baghdad for warplanes of the coalition arrayed against Saddam Hussein.​
Destroying the radars would open a pathway for the bombers to proceed.​
After months of training, on Jan. 14, 1991, Cody’s force positioned itself under radio silence at Al Jouf, near Saudi Arabia’s border with Iraq.​

Note the highlighted -- MONTHS OF TRAINING. We analyzed Iraq's air defense system, everything from physical layout to EM signatures, and found some weaknesses. Then we made one of them the focus of MONTHS OF TRAINING to open that weakness. You are looking at those US Army helo pilots flying at least once a day for a few hrs, then debrief for a few more hrs, put up various defeating scenarios for the attacking force, then repeat the pattern for MONTHS.

...the collection of ELINT allowed the coalition to determine which radars were used by Iraq’s IADS/GBAD and where they were located. This allowed potential gaps or more weakly defended areas in Iraqi air defence coverage to be identified. Second, regular ELINT collection allowed SIGINT experts to determine the pattern of electromagnetic life. This would have helped answer pertinent questions about whether Iraqi SA-2 batteries switched their radars off every evening or every weekend. By identifying geographical or temporal gaps in radar coverage, coalition planners could take advantage of weak coverage.​

I hope the Iranian military leadership is filled with people like you. In fact, I hope all the world's militaries are filled with people like you no matter how many Desert Storms they saw. Unbelievable is an understatement. :rolleyes:

I think if you start training now and come back 2 months later, Iran will have a different air defense network, it's constantly changing and they are constantly learning

that being said, it's far from the best air defense in the world and more importantly, no real air force to fill the gaps.

I think if you start training now and come back 2 months later, Iran will have a different air defense network, it's constantly changing and they are constantly learning
No, not possible in a couple months.

Different in what? Hardware? Software? People? All of them? Yes, it will have to be all of them. You change one, you will end up changing all. So how much of that going to cost? Will you take your defense offline in that time? We hope you would, if you know what I mean. Will you move the radar stations? Would the geography allows? Have YOU really thought this thru?

that being said, it's far from the best air defense in the world and more importantly, no real air force to fill the gaps.
An air defense system does not change this fast. Never seen it happen. New assets can be introduced to the system and/or older assets can be replaced but these activities take much time.

US will find a way breach air defense system of any country regardless.

More power to Iran.
I wish other arab muslim countries surrounding Israel had the balls as big as Iran.
Israeli population must feel what Palestinians are feeling now.
Their buildings should also be destroyed. They should also feel thrist and hunger.

A country that is allied to India. A country that supports extremism in Pakistan. A country who's government hates Pakistan and who backstabbed Pakistan numerous times.

No way, I support Israel in neutralizing Iran. Biden is acting too slow as did Obama. So Arabs turn to Israel. Likewise I see this as a last resort to defeat a menace on Pakistan's western front.

Impressive to see the absolute ignorance of the power of the Iranian army. Iran is in the club of the 5 greatest powers in the air defense system in the world and this is an absolute and total truth. Only the blindly ignorant can deny this indisputable fact. And keep in mind that Iran has mastered radar ballistic calculations for hypersonic weapons as well.

I believe Iran is still hiding their own Iron Dome. According to my analysis, Iran has an air defense system under test with a large optical ball with 8 missiles on each side and would have a total number of 16 missiles per system. This remains to be seen and discovered.

I think this addresses the topic for good .... :

Iranian Foreign Minister: We sent indirect messages to Washington stating that we do not want escalation with Israel
Fake news, you are lying as usual.

This is the actual quote:

“Over the past 40 days, messages have been exchanged between Iran and the US, via the US interests section at the Swiss embassy in Tehran,” foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian said in an interview, while ruling out the possibility of direct talks between the two foes.

“In response to the US,” he added, “we said that Iran does not want the war to spread, but due to the approach adopted by the US and Israel in the region, if the crimes against the people of Gaza and the West Bank are not stopped, any possibility could be considered, and a wider conflict could prove inevitable.

Iran does not want the Israel-Gaza war to escalate/spread, of course - who does? Do you?

A.) They DID detect that MQ-1, it's not like the MQ-1 just happened upon those F-4 and the F-22 flew over. The ground station did detect the MQ-1, but they can't see the F-22, that's the point.
in 2013 that we only had old per revolution radar in those areas and our air defense there was some hawk .at the time the air defense over Bushehr could not detect our own drone in one test until it was over their head. the point is f-22 still is the same our radar in the area are different beast .
B.) It's about geographical distribution, it didn't matter whether or not you use a substandard equipment in some region or not, that's your responsibility, the issue here is, you need to defend the entire country, anything that left open is going to be exploited, or in case there is a war, can the Iranian government tell the US "Hey this does not count since we did not deploy our best force there" and ask for a do over?
again you thin\k the situation there is the same as 2013 , i hope your army also have the same train of taught. don't forget that last time that was just 2 year ago it was your air-force who could not detect our air defense before it was too late and guess what the airplanes were not f-22 they were airplanes that were designed to detect enemy air defense .
We are talking about ADS weakness; and that speak to the command failure, self-inflicted weakness is a weakness all the same. and it can be exploited by potential enemy just like any other weakness.
at the time our air defense was not even an integrated one , its not the case anymore
Both US and Iran have fought a war with Iraq and WE all know which side managed to defeat Saddam regime and reshape Iraqi political landscape. It wasn't Iran. Iran was able to create Iraqi Hezbollah when Iraq had lost its strength in war but Iraq might rebuild itself and disband it at some point in future.
USA and an alliance of more than two dozen or more fought Saddam , which was sanctioned for more than a decade
Iran fought Saddam while sanctioned and Saddam was supported by European countries , USA , Arab Countries and USSR and western block

pretty much different situation wonder why you guys tends to forget it . in fact it was a failure of that alliance that could not capture Iran while attacked Iran without warning and rebuilt Iraq army several times in those 8 years even supplying Iraq with chemical weapons to attack Iran cities with them .
Iran is a big country and can offer considerable resistance to an invading force on the ground - this possibility is not in dispute. But I doubt that any country can replicate Vietnam War in current times because American military machine does not have weaknesses of an army that existed in the 1960s. American Air Power is on another level entirely in comparison to Russian Air Power and American tanks can survive in clashes unlike Russian tanks. I respect your sentiments but it is important to accept facts.
i suggest you study 2006 Lebanon war and 2023 Gaza war before saying those words.
If a military does not exploit its enemy's weaknesses, flaws, ignorance, and incompetence, that military does not deserve to exist.

WTF do you think we have been doing all this time? That we been flying just to burn JP4? Just so our airmen can keep their flight pay and take airborne selfies? You puff yourself up by mocking US because we found some gaps and weaknesses in your radar coverage. How TF do you think we gained control of Iraqi airspace in just a few nights? Desert Storm showed that against US airpower, any gap and/or weakness is lethal.

The target was a pair of Iraqi air defense radar installations. On the first night of a conflict, destroying these stations would open a path to Baghdad for warplanes of the coalition arrayed against Saddam Hussein.Destroying the radars would open a pathway for the bombers to proceed.After months of training, on Jan. 14, 1991, Cody’s force positioned itself under radio silence at Al Jouf, near Saudi Arabia’s border with Iraq.
Note the highlighted -- MONTHS OF TRAINING. We analyzed Iraq's air defense system, everything from physical layout to EM signatures, and found some weaknesses. Then we made one of them the focus of MONTHS OF TRAINING to open that weakness. You are looking at those US Army helo pilots flying at least once a day for a few hrs, then debrief for a few more hrs, put up various defeating scenarios for the attacking force, then repeat the pattern for MONTHS
good for you please elaborate on changes in f-22 rcs in last 10 years.
and well as you can exploit enemy flaws also its the case of your enemies . as it said last time your aircraft didn't knew they have been engaged before one of them was blown out of sky. and the aircraft were not just a fighter they were aircraft designed to detect enemy radars and air-defense

I hope the Iranian military leadership is filled with people like you. In fact, I hope all the world's militaries are filled with people like you no matter how many Desert Storms they saw. Unbelievable is an understatement. :rolleyes:
I hope USA navy learnt from that lesson not to assume they gathered enough intel on Iranian RADARS and Air defense

An air defense system does not change this fast. Never seen it happen. New assets can be introduced to the system and/or older assets can be replaced but these activities take much time.

US will find a way breach air defense system of any country regardless.
they first must find a way to detect them way before than 1-2 second before their aircraft get blown out of the sky

A country that is allied to India. A country that supports extremism in Pakistan. A country who's government hates Pakistan and who backstabbed Pakistan numerous times.

No way, I support Israel in neutralizing Iran. Biden is acting too slow as did Obama. So Arabs turn to Israel. Likewise I see this as a last resort to defeat a menace on Pakistan's western front.
well as far as I'm concerned the one who supported extremists in your country is located in southern shore of Persian gulf and the last time i checked it was another country who supported hard coupes and soft coupes in your country not Iran

Isreal will not survive if all Syria, Iran & Egypt attack ? Ofcourse Isreal has option of nukes but than Isreal entering in another territory of unpredictable outcome for existence of Isreal itself?

Isreal will not survive if all Syria, Iran & Egypt attack ? Ofcourse Isreal has option of nukes but than Isreal entering in another territory of unpredictable outcome for existence of Isreal itself?
Iran has enough enriched uranium for c. 15-20 nuclear warheads right now (if further enriched to 90%). At the current rate, this number is increasing by 8 every year (ergo, in 5 years Iran will have sufficient enriched uranium for 55-60 nuclear warheads).

Iran has already conducted advanced testing on indigenous two-point implosion designs and 'cold' tests (all of this was completed 20 years ago).

Within 1-2 weeks Iran could construct and weaponise a small number of nuclear warheads at Fordow or other secret nuclear sites, built underground more than 100m below mountains.

Former Israeli PM Ehud Barak just 3 weeks ago: "it's not up to us [Israel], they [Iran] are already a threshold nuclear state... they [Iran] will decide if and when to become a nuclear power".

But you should forget about Egypt, they are a vassal state of the USA and Israel and will never fire a bullet at the USA or Israel (or support those that do).

Last edited:
in 2013 that we only had old per revolution radar in those areas and our air defense there was some hawk .at the time the air defense over Bushehr could not detect our own drone in one test until it was over their head. the point is f-22 still is the same our radar in the area are different beast .

again you thin\k the situation there is the same as 2013 , i hope your army also have the same train of taught. don't forget that last time that was just 2 year ago it was your air-force who could not detect our air defense before it was too late and guess what the airplanes were not f-22 they were airplanes that were designed to detect enemy air defense .

at the time our air defense was not even an integrated one , its not the case anymore
Again, this is bad because this is a bad command decision, not because it was Hawk v F-22 or F-22 vs F-4.

In case the entire MQ-1 plot is lost on you, The MQ-1/F-22 Chaser combo is to monitor and test Iranian GDS reaction, they are staying out of Iranian airspace and see how long or from where the interception will be. MQ-1 don't have sophisticated EW suite (It's too small for it), if this is a EW op, they would have flew the RC-135 or RC-130, so staying out over 12 nm of Iranian Territorial water is pointless for it, because they can see nothing and like one of those CCTV camera you saw in anywhere, they are monitoring the space and WAITING on something to happen. And that something is for Iran to detect them, and then intercept them.

Why? Because you can plot a radar interception path because they will know where suspected radar site will be, and when they detected it, they know where the interception is coming from, which mean the US will know the entire chain of interception when they did it. And that's WAY MORE important than knowing what Iranian radar can do, because you know the reaction time, approximate location of the radar, the command structure.

And the failure here is Iran being drawn to the bait unprepared. I mean first of all, anything flying single is very suspicious. And the fact that you flew 2 F-4 into the fray without knowing there is a tracker on the drone, that's alarming, because you let yourself getting into an disadvantage position. And tactically, if Iran were to set up the ships to check out the contact, they should have either 4 ships with 2 up front making contact and 2 staying behind out of sight, or if you send a 2 ship formation, you should have 1 up front and 1 staying behind, not both. Unless Iran deliberately want to show the US they are an idiot, this is both a tactical and operational mistake made by Iran.

The issue here is, yes, Iranian ADS probably did improve since 2013, but then there are 2 things you did not count on.

1.) US tactics/technologies would most likely also improve.
2.) There are no perfect defence in the world, I would say even NORAD can be penetrated if someone have the know how

Which mean at the end of the day, you can have the best Anti-Air Equipment in the world. It will all ended up counting to the person or people who operate it, and if Iran did not learn the 2013 lesson and chalk it off to "well, we don't have X,Y,Z back then" like you are saying here, then you will see another version of 2013 interception happen and you will again put yourself in the disadvantages.

And that is setting aside whether Iran do have the ability to look for US Stealth aircraft to begin with, which if it were to believe, only selected few countries have the capability to do that, EU, China, or even Russia (which is a strong maybe) and I seriously doubt Iran have enough technology-wise to detect and separate stealth.

Cute.

Iran also supports Marxist Palestinian groups in Gaza, they use HM-16 motors courtesy of Iran. Ideally their would like to be ideological commonality between Iran and the groups it supports, but it is not an absolute requirement if their are mutual goals or benefits. Not hard to understand this. Their are at least 3 groups that receive financial and military support from Iran in Gaza that I am aware of.

Cute.

Iran also supports Marxist Palestinian groups in Gaza, they use HM-16 motors courtesy of Iran. Ideally their would like to be ideological commonality between Iran and the groups it supports, but it is not an absolute requirement if their are mutual goals or benefits. Not hard to understand this. Their are at least 3 groups that receive financial and military support from Iran in Gaza that I am aware of.
If your ideology is to be terrified of Israel and not fire one missile at them, then we don't want it. Better keep it to yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom