What's new

Will Indonesia's idea for an Asian peace treaty fly?

I still hate Manchukuo(Qing)and Taiwan .
They brought disaster and division.
Moreover, they are still living in our territory.

While some countries do not like China,
Such as Vietnam,
But without China,
They are the second Iraq

@Hu Songshan

Off topic and race baiting attacks against Manchus. Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The treaty will act as an insurance & deterrence against possible conflict inter Asian countries. All China did is make us realize that Asia is not a friendly place to be right now. That's why some says we (Asia) need this treaty.

If china would follow it would be nice but china is the problem she does not know what a threat and treaty means so its just paper

The treaty will act as an insurance & deterrence against possible conflict inter Asian countries. All China did is make us realize that Asia is not a friendly place to be right now. That's why some says we (Asia) need this treaty.
no offence, but you are a such dreamer. China aims a hegemony in East Asia, how do you want to stop them? a peace treaty?
yes, after they have achieved their goal.

Wake up!

no offence, but you are a such dreamer. China aims a hegemony in East Asia, how do you want to stop them? a peace treaty?
yes, after they have achieved their goal.

Wake up!

"The Strong do what they can & the weak suffer what they must" Famous quote from the Melian Dialogue where the Athenian killed all the Melian male & enslaved the women & children.

In my class the dialogue served as a basis for Realism. Who have the most power can compel the weakest. They way we see it China can do whatever they want to the weaker country because they're stronger, but this treaty will limit China power over any country in Asia. Not by a lot, but it will limit it to a acceptable degree. Imagine putting an imaginary lid on a pot. As long as the pot doesn't overflow its still ok. After all a Stronger China will benefit ASEAN as a whole & we don't want to weaken, our future partner now would we?

Don't bother replying if you don't know anything about foreign policy. I will not suffer the uneducated one.

It would be nice but what would be the point if the main problem will not honor it remember this “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

"The Strong do what they can & the weak suffer what they must" Famous quote from the Melian Dialogue where the Athenian killed all the Melian male & enslaved the women & children.

In my class the dialogue served as a basis for Realism. Who have the most power can compel the weakest. They way we see it China can do whatever they want to the weaker country because they're stronger, but this treaty will limit China power over any country in Asia. Not by a lot, but it will limit it to a acceptable degree. Imagine putting an imaginary lid on a pot. As long as the pot doesn't overflow its still ok. After all a Stronger China will benefit ASEAN as a whole & we don't want to weaken, our future partner now would we?

Don't bother replying if you don't know anything about foreign policy. I will not suffer the uneducated one.
Can Indonesia do anything against China?
Can you help Japan, Vietnam or Philippines if China intimidates or attacks one of them?
Can you put any pressure on them to sign anything that is not in their interests?
Empty words do not count.

Let take the proprosed COD Code of Conduct for the SC Sea, that is under discussion since 10 years. I can suggest you to urge the Chinese to sign it otherwise they will face sanctions from Indonesia.

LOL peace treaty! You are a dreamer. I never hear any critics to China from Indonesia. China is on the way to subjugate Asia, not only in economics. As for VN, we still have the option to change side and join a Sino alliance.

Be more realistic.

Can you help Japan, Vietnam or Philippines if China intimidates or attacks one of them?
Can you put any pressure on them to sign anything that is not in their interests?

Let take the proprosed COD Code of Conduct for the SC Sea, that is under discussion since 10 years. I can suggest you to urge the Chinese to sign it otherwise they will face sanctions from Indonesia.

LOL peace treaty! You are a dreamer. I never hear any critics to China from Indonesia. China is on the way to subjugate Asia, not only in economics. As for VN, we still have the option to change side and join a Sino alliance.

Be more realistic.

what did happen in recent official meeting with china ?

Indonesia may be a giant in the Muslim world. But globally it is in no position to dictate terms.

what did happen in recent official meeting with china ?
Do you mean the Sino-VN summit? LOL... I think you have read carefully the official announcements?

I don´t know what they talked behind the closed doors. But we all can surely assume that Vietnam made some secret deals with China. We know the Chinese well, so do they. If you look at the 2,000 years plus history, you will see that Vietnam always seeks a good relationship with the Han´s, even in difficult times.

Be more realistic.

I said don't reply to me if you don't even know basic foreign policy, yet you replied? Not with proper answer, but with supposition & theory, but as the superior man I will to try my best to get my point across & try to answer your "questions."

Which country beside Indonesia in all of Asia that can facilitate negotiation between claimant country?

And if anyone can make such a treaty fly, it's Indonesia. The region's other big players - especially China, Japan and the US - carry too much baggage; any proposals they make are received with suspicion. Indonesia, by contrast, has become the acceptable face of developing Asia: newly democratised, avowedly non-aligned, no longer intent on crushing anyone, and yet big enough to make a difference. So maybe Indonesia can make this treaty happen.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...dea-asian-peace-treaty-fly.html#ixzz2YeFchPFJ

Our foreign policy is "A thousands friend, zero enemy" only we can facilitate a possible negotiation with the rest of Asia-Pacific. Big enough to make a political impact & small enough to not be seen as a threat.

This treaty is still Nascent ding-dong. do you even bother to read the article!
nas·cent
/ˈnāsənt/
Adjective

(esp. of a process or organization) Just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential; not yet fully developed.
(chiefly of hydrogen) Freshly generated in a reactive form.

Its not actually "Peace Treaty" per se:
The Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia and the East Asia Summit’s Bali Principles both had ASEAN providing the diplomatic management for negotiating these agreements. They too encourage member states to build ‘strategic trust’, renounce the use of force and settle disputes by peaceful means, as well as include norms like the promotion of ‘good neighbourliness, partnership and community building’. Yet, they’ve had limited effectiveness as a mechanism for action or conflict prevention. Almost all of the so-called ‘Indo-Pacific’ states belong to one or both of these agreements, but no multilateral system has yet demonstrated the ability to ensure that all states adhere to those norms.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...dea-asian-peace-treaty-fly.html#ixzz2YeIVujxM

China rise is inevitable she will swallow all of Asia & possibly the world. Nothing I do or anyone can stop it cause its China's destiny to rise.

"quand la chine s'éveillera, le monde tremblera" (when China wakes up, the world will tremble). Napoleon Bonaparte.

& like all Superpower China cannot be bind by mere treaty. Like the Melian dialogue "The strong will do what they want and the weak suffer what they must."

I already accept that the new world order will be right around the corner & accept that Indonesia will one day bow down to the next superpower.

Indonesia may be a giant in the Muslim world. But globally it is in no position to dictate terms.

We never said anything about dictating term you need power & balls to do that. We will only play our parts as the reluctant mediator in Asia-Pacific.

Well non the less a good idea but impossible to make into a reality
our friend from Indonesia fails to understand that China doesn´t want to talk to any other parties except Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei in the SC Sea and Japan in the EC Sea disputes.

Do you mean the Sino-VN summit? LOL... I think you have read carefully the official announcements?

I don´t know what they talked behind the closed doors. But we all can surely assume that Vietnam made some secret deals with China. We know the Chinese well, so do they. If you look at the 2,000 years plus history, you will see that Vietnam always seeks a good relationship with the Han´s, even in difficult times.

They hate each other, yet need each other.

I said don't reply to me if you don't even know basic foreign policy, yet you replied? Not with proper answer, but with supposition & theory, but as the superior man I will to try my best to get my point across & try to answer your "questions."

Which country beside Indonesia in all of Asia that can facilitate negotiation between claimant country?

Our foreign policy is "A thousands friend, zero enemy" only we can facilitate a possible negotiation with the rest of Asia-Pacific. Big enough to make a political impact & small enough to not be seen as a threat.

This treaty is still Nascent ding-dong. do you even bother to read the article!

Its not actually "Peace Treaty" per se:

China rise is inevitable she will swallow all of Asia & possibly the world. Nothing I do or anyone can stop it cause its China's destiny to rise.

"quand la chine s'éveillera, le monde tremblera" (when China wakes up, the world will tremble). Napoleon Bonaparte.

& like all Superpower China cannot be bind by mere treaty. Like the Melian dialogue "The strong will do what they want and the weak suffer what they must."

I already accept that the new world order will be right around the corner & accept that Indonesia will one day bow down to the next superpower.

We never said anything about dictating term you need power & balls to do that. We will only play our parts as the reluctant mediator in Asia-Pacific.
You don´t need to convince me, but the Chinese.

If you haven´t noticed, they don´t want other nations to meddle their business. China´s strategy is clear: bilateral negotiation. So they can better impose their will through their sheer overwhelming power, with long term goal to oust the U.S. out of Asia.

As for Indonesia, you should take care of what you do and talk. Chinese have long memory.:azn:

Back
Top Bottom