What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

I don't know anything about tinno but what companies like Q Mobile, blu, Wiko, Gionee(not sure about gionee)is they place order to some local Chinese mobile manufacturers and tell them the configuration or specifications they need and then the manufacturer manufactures the mobile as per said specifications. And then these re branding companies just box the product and accessories and sell them, it's just similar to those Chinese phones which previously used to make clowns of Nokia, Samsung etc. The only difference is that these companies now give you warranty and customer care service, for example if you check some devices of these companies you'll find that some of them are the same just the name is different probably they order from same manufacturer sometimes. Micromax which is an Indian company also used to do the same thing previously but last year they said that they are setting up a plant in India itself and they'll start assembling their devices here in India themselves. And I guess other companies will follow the same suit.

Im totally confused by these China phone companies in foreign market -_-! ... the Tinno is another i never heared company inside China.
Here except Apple / Samsung, famouse local China phone companies r HuaWei华为, ZTE中兴, CoolPad酷派, XiaoMi小米, MeiZu魅族, HTC, SonyErisson. Others like Oppo, TCL, amoi, Nokia etc just seize small market, don't see Tinno.

Forget Lenovo phones, famous too.

I don't know anything about tinno but what companies like Q Mobile, blu, Wiko, Gionee(not sure about gionee)is they place order to some local Chinese mobile manufacturers and tell them the configuration or specifications they need and then the manufacturer manufactures the mobile as per said specifications. And then these re branding companies just box the product and accessories and sell them, it's just similar to those Chinese phones which previously used to make clowns of Nokia, Samsung etc. The only difference is that these companies now give you warranty and customer care service, for example if you check some devices of these companies you'll find that some of them are the same just the name is different probably they order from same manufacturer sometimes. Micromax which is an Indian company also used to do the same thing previously but last year they said that they are setting up a plant in India itself and they'll start assembling their devices here in India themselves. And I guess other companies will follow the same suit.
ODM, i know.

ODM? What's that?
Foreign customer / company provide requirements, China design company take charge of research&design and assembly-line, at last sell complete production to foreign customer marked with their logo / brand.

ODM = Sell by foreign company but design and produce in China. Compared with OEM, ODM require China company support R&D. OEM generally means assembly in factory.

Now most China electronic & technology company did ODM for foreign customer, less did OEM. ODM can earn more $ but it demand many design engineers and technical supports like Electric Schematic, PCB layout, program code, PE, SE, SI, EMI.

Last edited:
I am sorry brother but Q Mobile is a re branding company, it just purchases devices manufactured by local Chinese OEMs and tag it as Q Mobile even some of the Indian brands do so. So no international or quality satisfaction there. Even some of the Q Mobile devices are just same copy of the devices of companies here. Even the website of Q Mobile is exact copy of Micromax's here.

www.micromaxinfo.com
lol if site is a copy it doesnt mean they copy devices....for competing the brands in market they keep competition head to head releasing new cellphones .and there was a time international brands copied china phones in dual sim tech wat u say about it?...and all pakistanis know that qmobile is a chinese brand bought by pakistani businessmen.....why u indians stuck everytime ur noses inside any matters relating any discusions about techs and something being used in pak..all time cheap thoughts yuck...interfering in any matter isnt necessary coz there are borders among two nations and we got our own issues diferent then urs.....and i dont think that site is a copy or something but i can say about micromax being a copy of qmobile if it looks copy....wat u say now???

Thank you very much !
QMobile remind me another China brand: ZTE中兴
welcome bro

Okay. But according to what the name suggests it looks like OEM are the manufacturer - Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM)?

Foreign customer / company provide requirements, China design company take charge of research&design and assembly-line, at last sell complete production to foreign customer marked with their logo / brand.

ODM = Sell by foreign company but design and produce in China. Compared with OEM, ODM require China company support R&D. OEM generally means assembly in factory.

Now most China electronic & technology company did ODM for foreign customer, less did OEM. ODM can earn more $ but it demand many design engineers and technical supports like Electric Schematic, PCB layout, program code, PE, SE, SI, EMI.

but watever i heard about qmobile peples say that its a local brand made in pakistan.......just like brands made by india and china to compete famous brands of world.....indians u must not underestimate pakistan we are not falastinis or peples living in jungles or huts........its a complete nation with a capacity of building or inventing anything .....we got profesionals in every filed

I expected this reaction. Anyways live in your dream else go and google yourselves it's not just about copying the website, cause I know what these companies do. Don't believe? Go and google it. Bye

lol if site is a copy it doesnt mean they copy devices....for competing the brands in market they keep competition head to head releasing new cellphones .and there was a time international brands copied china phones in dual sim tech wat u say about it?...and all pakistanis know that qmobile is a chinese brand bought by pakistani businessmen.....why u indians stuck everytime ur noses inside any matters relating any discusions about techs and something being used in pak..all time cheap thoughts yuck...interfering in any matter isnt necessary coz there are borders among two nations and we got our own issues diferent then urs.....and i dont think that site is a copy or something but i can say about micromax being a copy of qmobile if it looks copy....wat u say now???

welcome bro

Okay. But according to what the name suggests it looks like OEM are the manufacturer - Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM)?

Original equipment manufacturer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, manufactures products or components that are purchased by another company and retailed under that purchasing company's brand name.[1] OEM refers to the company that originally manufactured the product. When referring to automotive parts, OEM designates a replacement part made by the manufacturer of the original part.[2]

Original design manufacturer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An original design manufacturer (ODM) is a company which designs and manufactures a product which is specified and eventually branded by another firm for sale. Such companies allow the brand firm to produce (either as a supplement or solely) without having to engage in the organization or running of a factory.

I know you are referring to me. So for that matter look what I said, I did includes the Indian brands as well.

but watever i heard about qmobile peples say that its a local brand made in pakistan.......just like brands made by india and china to compete famous brands of world.....indians u must not underestimate pakistan we are not falastinis or peples living in jungles or huts........its a complete nation with a capacity of building or inventing anything .....we got profesionals in every filed

I know that and that is what I was referring to cnleio. But he said OEMs just assemble the products. Anyways thanks for clearing up the doubt.

I talked my experiences in China electronic & technology company.
OEM = only equip / assemble in China, like FOXCONN produce Apple, designed in California.
ODM = both design and assemble in China, foreign logo.

@cnleio
micromax号称是印度的xiaomi,Qmobile是巴国的,据说都是中国的贴牌货。两个品牌主打低价卖的很好

@cnleio
micromax号称是印度的xiaomi,Qmobile是巴国的,据说都是中国的贴牌货。两个品牌主打低价卖的很好
Thank you very much ! 看外形像 中兴,桑达,酷派,魅族贴牌货。

If they only assemble then those cannot be OEMs. Cause OEMs manufacture stuff. And ODMs design as well as manufacture.

I talked my experiences in China electronic & technology company.
OEM = only equip / assemble in China, like FOXCONN produce Apple, designed in California.
ODM = both design and assemble in China, foreign logo.

There are too many phone companies in China and the market competetion is really cruelty to domestic and foreign brands. You could hear that many brands shut down. The business model also keep changing for example Xiaomi. Do you hear the brand Qingcheng青橙? They surpport the online design and trade. Interesting, I will try it next time.

青橙,定制手机,我就是设计师,真八核手机,双3g手机,青橙nx,n1手机,金属手机,青云手机,myui,企业定制,5.5寸屏, 超薄手机,1300万摄像, 800万前置摄像,超长待机手机,大屏幕手机

Back
Top Bottom