What's new

Wikipedia says Pakistan GDP nominal is 292$ billion (2014) and PPP 939$ billion (2015)

Bro, trust me you are far better off. Allah saved you from the tyranny of terrorism by dividing us. I strongly believe in a Bengal Pakistan union but I don't want Bengal to suffer like we did. We muslims must have a clear stand against terrorism.
I agree we are at a better position (in terms of security) than you but with Hasina at power, we will just stay where we are staying where we are and not improving. Meaning, things will only get worse.

You cant just ignore people purchasing power.
Only if it's domestically, in international market you need to use the nominal.

I agree we are at a better position (in terms of security) than you but with Hasina at power, we will just stay where we are staying where we are and not improving. Meaning, things will only get worse.

Only if it's domestically, in international market you need to use the nominal.
Even the nominal doesn't make us a small economy.

A 200 million population country with a GDP smaller than the Australian state of Victoria with a population of roughly 6 million. Its a pretty small economy by international standards actually.

We will only know our real value of GDP when the base year is changed

A 200 million population country with a GDP smaller than the Australian state of Victoria with a population of roughly 6 million. Its a pretty small economy by international standards actually.
Well India has 1/7th of world's population and it's economy is about the same or less than California with 39 million. It's probably better to measure by GDP per capita, not just it's total size, when comparing.

Never said we are as par with big economies but we certainly aren't Tha small either.

pakistan-gdp.png

This mean per capita of around $1600. Anyway waiting for base year change to get updated picture of Pak GDP. I expect increase of 40-50%.

Back
Top Bottom