What's new

Wikileaks : Secret Afghanistan War logs

i think pakistan can say good bye to the no strings attached aid from USA in the future.
Anyone saying that the reports are complete BS is living in a delusional world. it makes perfect sense for pakistan to support taliban in afghanistan coz just by keeping the NATO troops busy in afganistan pakistan os earning billions of dollars which is a big boost to their struggling economy.But with these reports in public domain OBAMA is gonna have hard time explaining it to americans like John Mccain (who have historically spoken in favour of military action against pakistan) that why is america still supporting Pakistan.
The ground reality is if america really wants it does not have to beg for help from pakistan.they can neutralize pakistan 's military assets very quickly forcing pakistan to help.

i think pakistan can say good bye to the no strings attached aid from USA in the future.
Anyone saying that the reports are complete BS is living in a delusional world. it makes perfect sense for pakistan to support taliban in afghanistan coz just by keeping the NATO troops busy in afganistan pakistan os earning billions of dollars which is a big boost to their struggling economy.But with these reports in public domain OBAMA is gonna have hard time explaining it to americans like John Mccain (who have historically spoken in favour of military action against pakistan) that why is america still supporting Pakistan.
The ground reality is if america really wants it does not have to beg for help from pakistan.they can neutralize pakistan 's military assets very quickly forcing pakistan to help.

Typical Indian mindset of condescending . .. "Thee cann't exist without me"

As the saying goes, ''Old Wine in New Bottles''!!

The usual and purported 'mileage' that one gets from such 'news' are generally short-lived these days.

If the Americans even cannot manage to protect their top secret documents to show up in bulk at dubious websites such as Wikipedia, one shudders to think how well in-charge are they in Afghanistan.

BILLI KO KHAWAB MAY CHEECHARAY HI NAZAR AATAY HAIN!:rofl:

Talibans are nuisance for ourself and we dont want them at any cost. No string attached arms can be had from China and Russia in future. We are even planning to invite Russia for a stake in Afghanistan to keep Injuns and Uncle Sam away. :pakistan:

The beauty of Pakistani nation and whole of Central Asian especially our Puktoon brothers is that at time of war they dont run to shelter for protection or flee as refugees. They stand in line to sign up as volunteer fighters. Therefor Afghanistan or Pakistan is no easy meal for foreign invader.

In worst case scenario, in event of PA unable to hold fight they will open their depots for public and years of gorilla warfare will follow. Perhaps spilling into India as well.

We taught the same culture to Bengalis only to have it back fire but separation as worked well for them hence we have come to peace with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The presumed leaked documents were prepared by US military organization and such allegations had been floating in the media for too long. There is no new rocket science being discovered here. The leaked document were not from ISI headquarters to WikiLeaks suddenly uncovering their rouge involvement with Talibans. The indian media continue to beat the bush for their "anti Pakistan sentiments" and the american media does it to hike share prices.

ISI is yet to face a "leak" proving it ties so when it does then everybody should be glad for a comeback. As of now these leaks are more nuisance for Americans due to their reckless conduct who will try to cover it by giving more focus to ISI-Taliban ties in media when such allegations are nothing new.

Reacting in a 'predictable manner' which you suggest would be open discrimination and prejudice against a community that had nothing to do with any losses they may have personally suffered, merely because of their identity, is not 'understandable' - it is prejudice and bigotry pure and simple. To use your argument would be to justify discrimination and prejudice against all Muslim Americans because of the 911 attacks, and I doubt any rational individual would support that position.
Justifiable.. No...
Understandable.. Yes (logic takes a backseat if your loved one is killed and you get to hear in media that he was backstabbed by an ally nation's establishment)

Who would I blame more.. US govt for allowing this to happen if the leaks are BS. Pakistani govt if the leaks are true..

Because if the leaks are true, then Pakistan actually played a role in causing the casualties suffered by these people.

And if leaks are false, then the US govt is solely responsible for the nonsense that could result in the increase in the racial bias and prejudice that already exists since 9/11

The leaks themselves are authentic, the intelligence reports are unverified, in many cases debunked since enough time has passed for them to have been verified with actual events, and in other cases just nonsense.

The onus is on those making these accusations, to provide intelligence reports out of these 180+, that are verified and credible. So far that has not been done.

At a government level Pakistan will not face issues given that the govt2govt relationship will be based on facts on the ground, and not this malicious propaganda campaign being run by the US establishment and media. At a personal level, the character of Americans will be tested, as it was after 911, on whether they sink into prejudice and bigotry against innocents from a particular community.

I agree and have stated as much that govt to govt piece will not change much except may be a little more hard time for the Obama adminsitration to get things done in their congress and senate, because the congressmen and senators would want to be seen reacting to these leaks as per the public sentiments.. But nothing substantial

On the personal level, I think there will be localised reactions bordering on extreme prejudice specially in cities and towns which have bore the brunt of casualties in Afghanistan. And that I believe will be the biggest damage caused by this episode..Nothing will change geo politically or in the Afghan-Pakistan region from a WOT perspective..

We taught the same culture to Bengalis only to have it back fire but separation as worked well for them hence we have come to peace with it.]

You don't "teach" culture rather it's the product of social, political, religious, artistic historical legacies and the product of intellectual and artistic collective human endeavor. Don't throw around your illiteracy. This is not the topic to discuss this.

Karan1970

I think you are making a error of evaluation -- this is not about true or false -- first you must understand what they are -- by their own statement, these are raw, unprocessed, unverified reports, these reports themselves are from individuals that are to say the least, "motivated" -- analysts assign a rating to these reports, rgardless of how sensational, if the rating assigned is less than "credible", which in turn signals another level of investigation, these are merely heresay.

Getting lost in suggesting that these "leaks" should be evaluated "true" or "false" is not onoly beyond us, but it robs us of the fact that analysts (professionals) have not attributed crediblity to the reports and have attributed bias to the individuals providing the reports.

Lets be sober about all this.

Karan1970

I think you are making a error of evaluation -- this is not about true or false -- first you must understand what they are -- by their own statement, these are raw, unprocessed, unverified reports, these reports themselves are from individuals that are to say the least, "motivated" -- analysts assign a rating to these reports, rgardless of how sensational, if the rating assigned is less than "credible", which in turn signals another level of investigation, these are merely heresay.

Getting lost in suggesting that these "leaks" should be evaluated "true" or "false" is not onoly beyond us, but it robs us of the fact that analysts (professionals) have not attributed crediblity to the reports and have attributed bias to the individuals providing the reports.

Lets be sober about all this.

What I was trying to say here was the insinuations stemming from these leaks are to be evaluated as true or false. I dont think the authenticity of the documents is being questioned, however the credibility is...

The crux is that the US govt/military is already is aware of these reports and would have factored the crux of what they believe in their policy. What has happened now is that with all the insinuations from the different news media, they will have to explain the same to a largely emotional public, who will refuses to understand the concept of acceptable losses and devil's alternative trade offs..

Not all public are as emotional as those in Pakistana and India or Afghanistan

Not all public are as emotional as those in Pakistana and India or Afghanistan

amen to that.. However value of a single life is much higher in those countries as compared to South Asia. And so are reactions to losses of that type

I certainly hope so - I honestly think more US citizenry involved with asking questions, and I am open to all kinds of questions, so long as it includes policy and policy makers, will help chart a clear path forward.

My my, we have an armchair expert/keyboard warrior knowing little what he's talking about. Just look at this reply. I don't even want to go into it because it's so simplistic, childish, naive, to the highest order that one can't even put it into words.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom