What's new

WikiLeaks: Narendra Modi, the lone honest Indian politician

Some people fear a powerful leader like Modi being elected in India.

But we don't. We just see an opportunity to do more business. :D

China rolls out red carpet for Narendra Modi - Times Of India

Infact Modi don't see China as stratagic threat, He see China as Business competitor. As far I know competition is good for business. That way China will not have any problem if Modi comes to Power.

Only nation will cry is Pakistan (More anti India sentiments will grow in Pakistan and ISI will get more money to continue Jihad in India,,,) Indo US business relation will also grow.

Reason is that Gujarat followed many Chinese models and strategies, adapted to Indian conditions.

Gujarat Businessmen are learning Chinese for better communication.

US knows, if Modi comes to power, India will get closer to China.

Thats wrong, India will become closer to the nation where it will see business opportunity (Be it China or Honolulu)

BS- the cable makes no such statement. This is BJP twisting the words and flocks of fanboys jumping up and down.

First Read the cable ( WikiLeaks on Narendra Modi | NDTV.com ) and then comment .....is stupidity common trait of all congressis?

Quoted from the original diplomatic cable:

CLASSIFIED BY: Michael S. Owen, Consul General, Mumbai, State. REASON: 1.4 (b), (d)

¶14. (C) Consul General met at length with longtime former Congress party MP and former Minister of Environment Yuraj Digvijay Sinhji. Asked whether Modi could become a national leader, Sinhji (himself the scion of the princely Wankaner family and a Cambridge grad) sniffed that Modi ""lacks the polish and refinement"" to become a national leader. But Sinhji raised another reason why Modi could face challenges in becoming a national leader: Modi's reputation for being completely incorruptible is accurate, and if he were to become a national leader he would crack down on corruption throughout the BJP. There are too many BJP rank and file waiting to line their pockets once the BJP returns to power, Sinhji said, and the prospect of Modi cracking the whip on corruption is entirely unappealing to this crowd. Modi would have a hard time clearing this hurdle, according to Sinhji.

These are classified diplomatic cables. Why would they lie in them, since they never expect anyone to read it?

First Read the cable ( WikiLeaks on Narendra Modi | NDTV.com ) and then comment .....is stupidity common trait of all congressis?

Stupidity is a common trait of you for sure....it says other people tell him that Modi is glowing- it also says Modi has made himself LOOK (operative word) incorruptibale. Where does it say that is the assessment of the USG itself?

Stupidity is a common trait of you for sure....it says other people tell him that Modi is glowing- it also says Modi has made himself LOOK (operative word) incorruptibale. Where does it say that is the assessment of the USG itself?

Typical congressi rant ...first you need to understand what diplomatic cables are ,May be some special school tutor can help you in that ,plz spare me

the incorruptible claim was made by Congress leader Yuraj Digvijay Sinhji ( i am wrong not all congressis are like Guynextdoor )

Typical congressi rant ...first you need to understand what diplomatic cables are ,May be some special school tutor can help you in that ,plz spare me

the incorruptible claim was made by Congress leader Yuraj Digvijay Sinhji ( i am wrong not all congressis are like Guynextdoor )

Oh my, oh my...all that it takes is for one good word about priya modiji and one finds himself in the good books of Osirisji. I'm sure when you install that marble life size statue of Modiji in your back yard, all the pigeons and crows that poop on it will be branded congress agents too :D

Narendra Modi and the BJP today made the most of the latest diplomatic
cables released by WikiLeaks, saying these showed that the Gujarat Chief
Minister was “incorruptible” — in fact, “the lone honest Indian politician”.

He's the lone honest Indian politician? This, at least, is nonsense.

I don't doubt he is incorruptible. So was Hitler. The thing with tyrants is that they genuinely see themselves as messiahs who will save the nation. Hitler was cheered on too by the adoring crowds. The problem is that there is no sane alternative. I would much rather see a Nitish Kumar be the PM than Modi. I liked Manmohan Singh in his first term - if he had hung his boots then he would go down as one of the better PMs of the country - not quite Vajpayee or Shastri - just a notch lower. His second term has reduced him to a joke - he will be spoken of in the same breath as Deve Gowda now. Unfortunately, I see the cult of Modi growing everywhere. It is more than likely he will be the PM. But 40-50 years from now, future generations will look at us the the same way as the Germans looked at their grandparents who willingly ceded all power to the oratorical skill of Hitler.

Jackdraws,

Dont get dramatic now.

Just stating my views. Whether it was apathy or it was wilful participation, under Modi's watch Indian citizens were killed because of their religious views. The way people talk about him, you would think he is Harry Potter and he will cast a spell, wave his wand and do away with India's ills.

Oh my, oh my...all that it takes is for one good word about priya modiji and one finds himself in the good books of Osirisji. I'm sure when you install that marble life size statue of Modiji in your back yard, all the pigeons and crows that poop on it will be branded congress agents too :D

There are many statues of Congress leaders in every corner of the country ..... crows and pigeons can do such thing there ....

offtopic : We came against each other after a long span howz life ?,

Just stating my views. Whether it was apathy or it was wilful participation, under Modi's watch Indian citizens were killed because of their religious views. The way people talk about him, you would think he is Harry Potter and he will cast a spell, wave his wand and do away with India's ills.

the idea that one man will magically 'lead' the country to glory has been a seductive one at many points in history. Fact- there never really is a magical solution anything. Some problems really take decades of systemic work to solve than the exceptional abilities of one man.

Back
Top Bottom