What's new

WikiLeaks: Narendra Modi, the lone honest Indian politician

Np one seriously believes that MMS was in anyways corrupt, not being able to stop a powerful ally from doing what they did was the worst he could be accused off. The JPC bit is a red herring. PM's do not normally appear before the JPC, in any case it would be incumbent of the chairman to call for any such presence & that hasn't & won't happen. Statements by opposition party members have no value in such a scenario.

He had a dubious role in many major Corruption scandals ,How can one give Clean chit with out a proper Investigation ?

He had a dubious role in many major Corruption scandals ,How can one give proper Clean chit with out an Investigation ?

MMS 'Honesty' has become something of an Urban Legend ....with seemingly intelligent people wanting to believe desperately in something to validate their trust in congress. I guess its kind of a coping mechanism....

MMS 'Honesty' has become something of an Urban Legend ....with seemingly intelligent people wanting to believe desperately in something to validate their trust in congress. I guess its kind of a coping mechanism....

Ya thats His biggest defence ....Whenever a corruption Scandal surfaces HE claims his personal Integrity ,Coalition Dharma ,no magical stick to control Corruption but no proper investigation

Ya thats His biggest defence ....Whenever a corruption Scandal surfaces HE claims his personal Integrity ,Coalition Dharma ,no magical stick to control Corruption but no proper investigation

His biggest defense is sonia gandhi ......but MMS was smart enough to play the game to make himself immortal. PC made tons of money and has made himself relevent, Parnab became president and became immortal too, the only one who dint get anything and bore all this for her son is poor sonia.

She sacrificed her family goodwill and the destiny of 1.2 billion Indians in vain hops of making her retarded son PM. Truly a mothers love knows no bound............and how even love can make people do Evil deeds.

That would then be true of the BJP as a whole who played politics with the nuke deal & with important economic decisions. It would be true of the BJP blocking GST, opposing retail FDI etc.

Can you please elaborate how Nuclear Deal and FDI (both policy decisions) is in any way comparable to 2G or Coal gate. I mean we are talking about corruption north of 1 Lakh Crore. Its not a joke. India has never seen corruption at this scale. And MMS will be remembered for that. He is the PM and he is morally responsible for the whole Govt.

Here you go.

Talbott questions BJP's opposition to nuke deal - Hindustan Times

To add to this, when the deal was first finalised, MMS met BJP leaders at Vajpayee's house & after Vajpayee & Advani had agreed to support the deal, the BJP second line forced Advani to go back on the agreement of support.

So we totally believe Talbott here. I mean just because he said it must be true. Then can we say the same thing about Entrepreneurs Rajiv and Sanjay :P

Also not ignoring the fact that a deal in discussion is not a deal that is signed/promised. In any negotiation you go back and forth. I really don't see anything wrong with what BJP did. It would have been dishonesty if they had singed it and then renegade on that.

Seriously is it so hard to have the same parameters of judgement.

Here you go.

Talbott questions BJP's opposition to nuke deal - Hindustan Times

To add to this, when the deal was first finalised, MMS met BJP leaders at Vajpayee's house & after Vajpayee & Advani had agreed to support the deal, the BJP second line forced Advani to go back on the agreement of support.

This is what your own link say:

BJP hit back at Talbott saying that the NDA government had not held any discussions with him on the nuclear issue.

"I am surprised by his statement because during the last two years of NDA government, he was no more the US Deputy Secretary of State. We had no discussions on the lines of the current nuclear deal and the 123 Agreement," senior BJP leader and former External Affairs Minister Yashwant Sinha said.

You choose to believe Talbott who was trying to gather support for the Bush deal and is a US citizen sworn to protect USA Interests, than believe Indian politicians who have dedicated their lives to India ? :lol: ............I am not even sure how to respond to this absurd 'proof' on which you so confidently base your allegation.

If BJP leaders later agreed to MMS as you claim, then it only goes to show the statesman ship of those leaders and not proof of any absurd claims by talbot.

I would rather put my faith in Indian leaders than US diplomats, but that is just me. Are you that desperate to prove MMS 'Honesty' ?

You choose to believe Talbott who was trying to gather support for the Bush deal and is a US citizen sworn to protect USA Interests, than believe Indian politicians who have dedicated their lives to India ? :lol: ............I am not even sure how to respond to this absurd 'proof' on which you so confidently base your allegation.

If BJP leaders later agreed to MMS as you claim, then it only goes to show the statesman ship of those leaders and not proof of any absurd claims by talbot.

I would rather put my faith in Indian leaders than US diplomats, but that is just me. Are you that desperate to prove MMS 'Honesty' ?

Talbott was not a Bush administration spokesman. He did his best as a Clinton administration point man to prevent such a deal and his objection to the scope of the Bush administration's proposals is well known to anyone who has bothered to read up on the matter.The fact that you have obviously not read either Jaswant Singh's or Talbott's very engaging accounts is not something that I can help with. Those statements have never been denied by Jaswant Singh who was his interlocutor. You are at liberty to believe what you want, I really couldn't care less. However these are not facts created now & Advani is on record on the wikileaks cable telling U.S. diplomats that the nuke deal would not be renegotiated & downplaying the opposition. He has never denied it. Maybe the only wikileak cables you believe are the ones that suit your political preferences.

Btw, you need to read & understand what is said. The BJP first agreed and then reneged on support to the nuke deal hardly an act of statesmanship that you claim. They were privately telling the Americans one thing & publicly telling the nation another. You can chose to believe whatever your political interest wants you to believe, that is your call. Let us just move on.

the idea that one man will magically 'lead' the country to glory has been a seductive one at many points in history. Fact- there never really is a magical solution anything. Some problems really take decades of systemic work to solve than the exceptional abilities of one man.

But your party had decades and instead of solving the problems they created more problems. Now it is our turn to solve these problems. You already had 5 decades give us 1 and we will solve all your problems

[/B]
But your party had decades and instead of solving the problems they created more problems. Now it is our turn to solve these problems. You already had 5 decades give us 1 and we will solve all your problems

Yeah...well.....We ain't giving it you

Yeah...well.....We ain't giving it you
You may not give it but the people of india who are not enamoured by the dynasty will definitiely do it. I am surprised that you do not see the writing on the wall. just go to any opinion poll and see the results. for example have you seen the result of the poll conducted on PDF. I admit it is a very tiny sample but the one sidedness of the result should give you some thought. Only 6 people voted for Rahul Gandhi and they were 2 indians, 1 bangladeshi and 3 pakistanis!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pakistanis seem to love him more than Indians :yahoo:

Talbott was not a Bush administration spokesman. He did his best as a Clinton administration point man to prevent such a deal and his objection to the scope of the Bush administration's proposals is well known to anyone who has bothered to read up on the matter.The fact that you have obviously not read either Jaswant Singh's or Talbott's very engaging accounts is not something that I can help with. Those statements have never been denied by Jaswant Singh who was his interlocutor. You are at liberty to believe what you want, I really couldn't care less. However these are not facts created now & Advani is on record on the wikileaks cable telling U.S. diplomats that the nuke deal would not be renegotiated & downplaying the opposition. He has never denied it. Maybe the only wikileak cables you believe are the ones that suit your political preferences.

Btw, you need to read & understand what is said. The BJP first agreed and then reneged on support to the nuke deal hardly an act of statesmanship that you claim. They were privately telling the Americans one thing & publicly telling the nation another. You can chose to believe whatever your political interest wants you to believe, that is your call. Let us just move on.

Yes - he reminds me of the Pak posters who think everything is a Jewish-Hindu-American conspiracy. Forget wikileaks or Talbott, he refutes reports by the NY Times

I wonder what our Modi cheerleaders have to say about this?
Indian nationalist lawmaker gets 28 years for 2002 massacre | Reuters

A former Indian state minister was sentenced to 28 years in jail on Friday for murder during one of the country's worst religious riots, when up to 2,500 people, most of them Muslim, were hunted down and hacked, beaten or burnt to death in 2002.

Maya Kodnani, a sitting lawmaker for Gujarat state's ruling Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and 30 others were jailed for their role in the so-called Naroda Patiya massacre, the single bloodiest episode of the three-day riots.

I wonder what our Modi cheerleaders have to say about this?
Indian nationalist lawmaker gets 28 years for 2002 massacre | Reuters

A former Indian state minister was sentenced to 28 years in jail on Friday for murder during one of the country's worst religious riots, when up to 2,500 people, most of them Muslim, were hunted down and hacked, beaten or burnt to death in 2002.

Maya Kodnani, a sitting lawmaker for Gujarat state's ruling Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and 30 others were jailed for their role in the so-called Naroda Patiya massacre, the single bloodiest episode of the three-day riots.

hain ji....what it has to do with "modi cheerleaders" ?

a lady did a crime and she was punished.....props to the courts for that......atleast it is so much better than seeing people who have committed much worse crimes like sajjan kumar, jagdish tytler jumping from one pub to other spending the inbetween time in delhi's golf courses.....http://www.indianexpress.com/pictur...-court-rejects-cbi-closure-report/2482-1.html

btw next time take care to post factually researched "news reports" and not sensationalist, hyper-exaggerated opinion pieces masquerading as news reports......

hain ji....what it has to do with "modi cheerleaders" ?

a lady did a crime and she was punished.....props to the courts for that......atleast it is so much better than seeing people who have committed much worse crimes like sajjan kumar, jagdish tytler jumping from one pub to other spending the inbetween time in delhi's golf courses.....PHOTOS: 1984 riots: Setback for Jagdish Tytler, court rejects CBI closure report Photo Gallery, Picture News Gallery - The Indian Express

btw next time take care to post factually researched "news reports" and not sensationalist, hyper-exaggerated opinion pieces masquerading as news reports......

I am merely pointing out that just as MMS is responsible for his cabinet members - so is Modi for his. Of course Jagdish Tytler and other Congress leaders responsible for 1984 need to be tried and convicted. Hyper exaggerated opinion pieces? So she was not arrested? What part of this "opinion piece" about Modi's minister is exaggerated?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom