What's new

WikiLeaks: Narendra Modi, the lone honest Indian politician

It is spouting, not sprouting. Anyhow, I am not the one who derailed the topic - it was you with your personal insults. Coming back to the topic - of course Modi is honest. But that does not take away from the fact that while he is the darling of a significant majority of Indians; he is also equally disliked - even hated by a fairly vocal minority. Does that augur well for India on the international stage? Also does it inspire confidence in those whose relatives were killed during the riots? Of course, Modi is innocent until proven guilty. We all know that the Indian judicial system with its loopholes and glacial pace seldom delivers timely justice. I am saying that Modi will end up alienating not only a part of India's own population, but will also alienate NDA allies who have their own votebanks - this will in turn lead to a fractured coalition at the Center and Modi's image as a fine administrator will take a beating. It is going to end up as big fiasco.

So what if Modi is disliked by a vocal minority ? Even Obama is disliked by a vocal minority :lol: EVERY political leader (all over the world) worth his salt is disliked by a 'vocal minority'. It has certainly not blocked anyone on the international stage. Why a different set of standards (double standards) for Modi ? :azn:

Even Jesus Christ had a vocal minority who nailed him to the cross :disagree:

Who cares what the 'international community' thinks of Modi....what matters is what Indian Majority think of Modi. That is the ONLY OPINION that should matter. And even if PDF is any measure of public opinion ...he is a rock star.

Congress has already alienated a LARGE PART of Indians own population. Modi will only eliminate that alienation at the cost of alienating a bigoted few. It is totally worth the risk.

As to crystal ball gazing ....let our collective destiny decide. End of the day, everbody will flock to a leader with Mass Support ....and MODI is no exception. If the rest of India want him, his allies will find reason to be with him. That is just the way politics work.

Modi in any case has enough integrity to say NO to a weak alliance.....and he is certainly not an easy man to bully, and most of his allies will know that. He is no maun mohan singh.

In India their is a trend of Modi Bashing! which is dying now! And some people have really thrived by harping on this subject (specially in Media, eg : rajiv,sagarika and the likes of barkha)

But irony is, those fools who funded these media outlet through NGO's or by investing money into them are feeling so sad now, their vicious campaign really backfired and gave Modi more popularity through out the country, and that popularity is perfectly used by modi to highlight his achievement and development done by him in the state of Gujarat.

Modi is indeed a Polarizing figure. :)

If party in power wanted to eliminate muslims, why have a Riot :lol:....there are so many easier ways to eliminate the minority. Just Look at pakistan and Bangladesh :azn: In any case I have no wish to educate you since I clearly see your prejudice .......just wanted to rebutt wrong facts

Your rabbid dog like baiting of Modi is what made me run into his defence....feel free to tease Krait or even propose marriage to him :cheesy:

Sources were given from multiple news outlets, sources vs your word and one source which also says the gujarat government was involved. Such a tough choice. :rolleyes:

LOL ....that is the general Idea of voting him into power. You seem to misunderstand that I fret about brown immigrants not allowed into 'white land'....just pointing out the obvious racist in you and your society :azn: No need to feel too bad about it ....it is recognized by most of the world anyway.

Cry me a river....

^^ Those who have dropped Nuclear Bombs on civilian population are now preaching us about human Rights!! (?)

Waged war on Iraq for Oil on the pretext of WMD weapons and killed millions of innocent people their ? Afghanistan ? Guantanamo bay? Abu Ghraib ?

No one in this world is biggest human rights violator than you Guys!! And History is filled with proof of it!! Period!

^^ Those who have dropped Nuclear Bombs on civilian population are now preaching us about human Rights!! (?)

Waged war on Iraq for Oil on the pretext of WMD weapons and killed millions of innocent people their ? Afghanistan ? Guantanamo bay? Abu Ghraib ?

No one in this world is biggest human rights violator than you whites!! And History is filled with proof of it!! Period!

lets not use the term whites, the discussion will go off track

Sources were given from multiple news outlets, sources vs your word and one source which also says the gujarat government was involved. Such a tough choice. :rolleyes:

News outlets are not a substitute for serious, independent professional investigations. Look up the report of the Special Investigative Team appointed by the Supreme Court of India.

Cry me a river....

Are'nt u the same man who said US media is brought out ? ............fact is mot of Indian media is totally controlled by the congress since they have been ruling India for the last 60 years and has Billions of $ to pay them where power wont work. That is why in the only free space in the world, Internet, Modi rules.

..but at the end of the day, I dont really care what you believe ....I only worry about Indians who have the power to vote for Modi. You can cry me a river too :P

News outlets are not a substitute for serious, independent professional investigations. Look up the report of the Special Investigative Team appointed by the Supreme Court of India.

To be clear, from this point on i just decided to argue because your friends are obnoxious, quoted you because you seem civilized and if i can learn anything new im more then willing if you present something to back your claims, anyway here goes:

Apparently, the media cannot agree what the report says ranging from guilty on several accounts to giving a pardon and the report itself is not available for public viewing. How do you know what it says?

NEW DELHI: In a serious blow to Narendra Modi's reputation as an able administrator, the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) has indicted him on over a dozen counts for his alleged complicity in the Gujarat riots of 2002.
SIT findings ensure Narendra Modi can't shake off riot taint - Times Of India

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) inquiring into the Gujarat riots is learnt to have concluded that its "preliminary inquiry" did not throw up any material "that would justify further action under the law" against Chief Minister Narendra Modi

Narendra Modi not involved in Gujarat riots: SIT report - Indian Express

The Gujarat government overlooked “ghastly and violent attacks” on Muslims in the aftermath of the 2002 Godhra carnage, and Chief Minister Narendra Modi “tried to water down” the seriousness of the situation by contending that “every action has an equal and opposite reaction.”

This and several other key findings pertaining to the role of Mr. Modi and his government in the anti-Muslim pogrom are contained in the 600-page report submitted to the Supreme Court by the R.K. Raghavan-headed Special Investigation Team. The report was scooped by Tehelka magazine in its latest issue.

SIT: Modi tried to dilute seriousness of riots situation - The Hindu

Funny thing is, all this articles coming from a magazine called "Tehelka" talk about the same report yet each tells it's own story. Now the next article says the report has been denied for public.

Gujarat riots case: Special Investigation Team refuses to share report with petitioners | NDTV.com

I tried to find the original report on the internet, i even went to Welcome to the Official Website of the Supreme Court of India but there is no search function though there is a page with reports over each year in pdf's. I downloaded one and it's big, so if you know where it is it would be nice of you to share.

Supreme Court Reports (SCR)

To be clear, from this point on i just decided to argue because your friends are obnoxious, quoted you because you seem civilized and if i can learn anything new im more then willing if you present something to back your claims, anyway here goes:

Apparently, the media cannot agree what the report says ranging from guilty on several accounts to giving a pardon and the report itself is not available for public viewing. How do you know what it says?

Funny thing is, all this articles coming from a magazine called "Tehelka" talk about the same report yet each tells it's own story. Now the next article says the report has been denied for public.

Gujarat riots case: Special Investigation Team refuses to share report with petitioners | NDTV.com

I tried to find the original report on the internet, i even went to Welcome to the Official Website of the Supreme Court of India but there is no search function though there is a page with reports over each year in pdf's. I downloaded one and it's big, so if you know where it is it would be nice of you to share.

Yes, there are various media outlets that are trying to put their own spin.

But this is the final investigative report -

Full text: SIT closure report on Gujarat riots

Because besides sharing similar administrative traits, having a similar image of not being corrupt as Modi- he also doesn't carry the baggage that Modi does of being anti-Muslim..

Modi being Anti-Muslim was a tag given by Media and congress in order to hinder the political progress of NaMo. Its a achilis heal for NaMo which may be pressed every now and then whenever his opponents feel NaMo being threat to the party/person. Otherwise, nobody is as capable as Namo is..

About Nitish Kumar, Let me tell you one thing, Bihar was never developed. Hence developing index for this part on the nation was very high in recent time under JD(U) BJP coalition govt. since the scope for development is preety much on higher side. Once the development gap between Bihar and other states like Gujrat and Maharashtra get reduced, then the development index for Bihar would fall automatically.

No daught Nitish is a very good adminstrator, but one point is agaist him that since he not being from larger political party, the possibility of him being next PM is very slim..

Yes, there are various media outlets that are trying to put their own spin.

But this is the final investigative report -

Full text: SIT closure report on Gujarat riots

Ye, i see, guess it looks i was wrong. :cry:

According to this, a bad cop framed him?

#edit.

One more thiing: there is no doubt this version of the report is legit? I ask this because some victim of riots were denied access and a news agency somehow obtains it(not un heard of, but it seems political options in India are capable of producing falsifications to advance the agenda of their frontrunners) and im interested if the report was declassified

So what if Modi is disliked by a vocal minority ? Even Obama is disliked by a vocal minority :lol: EVERY political leader (all over the world) worth his salt is disliked by a 'vocal minority'. It has certainly not blocked anyone on the international stage. Why a different set of standards (double standards) for Modi ? :azn:

Even Jesus Christ had a vocal minority who nailed him to the cross :disagree:

Who cares what the 'international community' thinks of Modi....what matters is what Indian Majority think of Modi. That is the ONLY OPINION that should matter. And even if PDF is any measure of public opinion ...he is a rock star.

Congress has already alienated a LARGE PART of Indians own population. Modi will only eliminate that alienation at the cost of alienating a bigoted few. It is totally worth the risk.

As to crystal ball gazing ....let our collective destiny decide. End of the day, everbody will flock to a leader with Mass Support ....and MODI is no exception. If the rest of India want him, his allies will find reason to be with him. That is just the way politics work.

Modi in any case has enough integrity to say NO to a weak alliance.....and he is certainly not an easy man to bully, and most of his allies will know that. He is no maun mohan singh.

One of the most excellently composed reply to the thread... Just feels good to read the sentences.. SORRY for this :offtopic:

The answer to all of your post where you have given the quotes from various news papers, "India has news channels and New papers who usually present Paid News"... Just a medicine for all your claims...

Fair enough, but I think this is unfair. Say what you will about MMS, he is similarly incorruptible.

Before you start- this has NOTHING to do with Congress,they are clearly as corrupt as they come but this man (along with a handful of others) has managed to keep himself above all the ***** in govt.

Ye, i see, guess it looks i was wrong. :cry:

According to this, a bad cop framed him?

#edit.

One more thiing: there is no doubt this version of the report is legit? I ask this because some victim of riots were denied access and a news agency somehow obtains it(not un heard of, but it seems political options in India are capable of producing falsifications to advance the agenda of their frontrunners) and im interested if the report was declassified

Well the cop that is trying to implicate Modi is himself involved in cases of torture and of falsely planting drugs on innocent people. His wife was contesting as a candidate of the Congress party against Modi. So his credibility is very low.

As regards the SIT closure report - yes, it is a leak but IBN is a well-established TV channel, and they are mostly hostile to Modi and friendly to the Congress party.

Fair enough, but I think this is unfair. Say what you will about MMS, he is similarly incorruptible.

Before you start- this has NOTHING to do with Congress,they are clearly as corrupt as they come but this man (along with a handful of others) has managed to keep himself above all the ***** in govt.

Well MMS is the Prime Minister of the most corrupt government in the history of India.

He was chosen precisely because he lacks a spine and does not demand a share of the loot for himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom