What's new

Why your next new car will be Made In China: More Chinese-built cars sold in Australia than Korean or German vehicles

You wanted to check the recently surged chinese car sales in Australia by scanning current street situation ... that the failed one. :)
I did post the number of cars sale by brand at the beginning of this post.....

By brand
  1. Toyota: 223,642 (+9.2% YTD)
  2. Mazda: 101,119 (+18.1%)
  3. Hyundai: 72,872 (+12.4%)
  4. Ford: 71,380 (+19.8%)
  5. Kia: 67,964 (+21.2%)
  6. Mitsubishi: 67,732 (+16.1%)
  7. Nissan: 41,263 (+7.7%)
  8. Volkswagen: 40,770 (+3.8%)
  9. MG: 39,025 (+155.9%)
  10. Subaru: 37,015 (+17.5%)
By Model
  1. Toyota HiLux: 52,801 (up from 45,176 in 2020)
  2. Ford Ranger: 50,279 (up from 40,973)
  3. Toyota RAV4: 35,751 (down from 38,537)
  4. Toyota Corolla: 28,768 (up from 25,882)
  5. Hyundai i30: 25,575 (up from 20,734)
  6. Isuzu D-Max: 25,117 (up from 15,062)
  7. Mazda CX-5: 24,968 (up from 21,979)
  8. Toyota Prado: 21,299 (up from 18,034)
  9. Mitsubishi Triton: 19,232 (up from 18,136)
  10. MG ZS: 18,423 (up from 5494)
By the way, most Australian think MG was still a British Brand. It is, but the car division was sold to China. I think decades ago.
I mean, if you weren't informed before you comment is hardly my problem.

Oh by the way, before you say that.

MG was the only brand in that top 10 list, and as I said before, most people think MG is still British. And the 155% increase may be big, but that 115% means 13847 more car was sold in 2021 than in 2020. On the other hand, Mazda have 15424 more than in 2020 and Toyota have 18465 more car sold than in 2020

Last edited:
I did post the number of cars sale by brand at the beginning of this post.....

I mean, if you weren't informed before you comment is hardly my problem.

Oh by the way, before you say that.

MG was the only brand in that top 10 list, and as I said before, most people think MG is still British. And the 155% increase may be big, but that 115% means 13847 more car was sold in 2021 than in 2020. On the other hand, Mazda have 15424 more than in 2020 and Toyota have 18465 more car sold than in 2020

The data kills your self ...

The sales of the chinese car "MG" is indeed soaring tremendously; the street situation video you brought slap your face hard. :)

The data kills your self ...

The sales of the chinese car "MG" is indeed soaring tremendously; the street situation video you brought slap your face hard. :)
Again, only 13,000 gains, Toyota out sale them by 5000 more unit...And that's even before grand total came to the equation.

I mean, was that an achievement? Yeah, probably, but was it enough to dethrone Toyota in 5 years like you claim? Not really, They are still lacking behind Toyota sale growth and they would have to outsold Toyota before they can outdo Toyota in Australia.

Again, only 13,000 gains, Toyota out sale them by 5000 more unit...And that's even before grand total came to the equation.

I mean, was that an achievement? Yeah, probably, but was it enough to dethrone Toyota in 5 years like you claim? Not really, They are still lacking behind Toyota sale growth and they would have to outsold Toyota before they can outdo Toyota in Australia.

So the problem is with you. Nobody gave warranty that chinese car will outsell Toyota soon :)

and about 5 years... why you think it normally takes 5 years for a new car brand to take over the market leader?

So the problem is with you. Nobody gave warranty that chinese car will outsell Toyota soon :)

and about 5 years... why you think it normally takes 5 years for a new car brand to take over the market leader?
Yes, yes yes, whatever you say,

In 5 years, I will be looking to saving up to buy a MG Whatever or Greatwall whatever instead of the BMW i8 or Chevy Corvette I am looking to buy. and in 5 years' time Toyota will went bust along with Kia, Hyundai and along and every other Non Chinese brand and people can only buy Chinese car in Australia.

Sure pal, whatever you say lol

Yes, yes yes, whatever you say,

In 5 years, I will be looking to saving up to buy a MG Whatever or Greatwall whatever instead of the BMW i8 or Chevy Corvette I am looking to buy. and in 5 years' time Toyota will went bust along with Kia, Hyundai and along and every other Non Chinese brand and people can only buy Chinese car in Australia.

Sure pal, whatever you say lol

You loose. I thought you are smart enough to answer my question above :D

But its OK, as long as you have understood the flow of discussion now :)

You loose. I thought you are smart enough to answer my question above :D

But its OK, as long as you have understood the flow of discussion now :)
How can I win?? You have not even supplied any argument to begin with, your source is "Trust me bro, this will happen"

And yes,, I am going to drive Chinese car in 5 years. No other brand to be sold in Australia other than Chinese brand per order and prediction of @antonius123 Is that okay with you.

LOL :lol: :lol:

P.S. I don't even know or care how do I lose an argument of what will happened in 5 years?..Oh maybe it's already 2027 and robot has already taken over the world LOL

Last edited:
Hybrid has no future. Not worth a buy. The tax exception expiring, price is not cheap, cost vs. performance not good. I recently did test driving a hybrid Toyota. Terrible. The Toyota dealer told me they will probably stop producing hybrid. They will focus on 100 percent electric. Hydrogen car is the second best option.
I am actually choosing my next car.

Have a few I have in mind, one of them is a 2018 BMW i8 Hybrid going for $190,000. The price is alright, but like you said I don't really think Hybrid is the future.

Can't go back and buy a gas car cos they are going to stop selling them after 2025 here, and then can't put myself in a Tesla. Was thinking about getting the Audi Electric but meh......

Seriously this title is misleading. Its just foreign car brands beibg made in China, just like IPhone, furniture's, and other western and Japanese brands making their products in China for decades now. The day Chinese auto brands start making the largest proportion of this sales in the world then that will be a major achievement. However, as of now they are nowhere near that. Its just like bragging that iPhone is made in China. Lol its an American brand and product 100% and regarded as such worldwide. So must of the high end value/sales stays in the US.
By contrast Chinese phone makers are doing better in this regard(though Huawei has almost almost disappeared abroad after US ban.). So in this regard they are doing better.
you said that like you were new here......

Last edited:
How can I win?? You have not even supplied any argument to begin with, your source is "Trust me bro, this will happen"

And yes,, I am going to drive Chinese car in 5 years. No other brand to be sold in Australia other than Chinese brand per order and prediction of @antonius123 Is that okay with you.

LOL :lol: :lol:

P.S. I don't even know or care how do I lose an argument of what will happened in 5 years?..Oh maybe it's already 2027 and robot has already taken over the world LOL

Thats the point. You loose before someone give you a serious argument; thats because your argument slap yourself :)

Why dont you try to answer my question then?

Thats the point. You loose before someone give you a serious argument; thats because your argument slap yourself :)

Why dont you try to answer my question then?
Again, do tell me how do i lose when we are discussing something that MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPENED IN THE FUTURE?? Well, maybe you can see into the future? I can't, and if you do, please do tell me the next lotto number.

On second thought scratch that, I trust you bro. Yes, we all hail emperor @antonius123, who will win an argument BEFORE that argument take place.

Okay, move along now.

Again, do tell me how do i lose when we are discussing something that MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPENED IN THE FUTURE?? Well, maybe you can see into the future? I can't, and if you do, please do tell me the next lotto number.

On second thought scratch that, I trust you bro. Yes, we all hail emperor @antonius123, who will win an argument BEFORE that argument take place.

Okay, move along now.

By being a clown.

Your own data slap your face hard, and your bragged video of current street situation failed your argument :)

By being a clown.

Your own data slap your face hard, and your bragged video of current street situation failed your argument :)
Sure, sure, sure, you are correct, I even able to lose an argument about what will happen in 5 years now.

satisfy?? LOL

Ignore from now on.

I wasn't going to keep filming Sydney Street, but I am now.

I will make video every week in the next 250 weeks to see if I really do lose that argument.

LOL

[代码]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube 视频播放器" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer ; 自动播放; 剪贴板写入; 加密媒体; 陀螺仪; 画中画" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/CODE]

I am actually choosing my next car.

Have a few I have in mind, one of them is a 2018 BMW i8 Hybrid going for $190,000. The price is alright, but like you said I don't really think Hybrid is the future.

Can't go back and buy a gas car cos they are going to stop selling them after 2025 here, and then can't put myself in a Tesla. Was thinking about getting the Audi Electric but meh......

you said that like you were new here......
$180,000 for a BMW hybrid? Why so expensive? That’s too much. For the money you can buy a Porsche premium plus.

$180,000 for a BMW hybrid? Why so expensive? That’s too much. For the money you can buy a Porsche premium plus.
Don't like Porsche

Was gonna go either BMW i8 or the new Corvette EV, but the GM dealer here tell me the Corvette EV arent going to be ready until 2025...

Back
Top Bottom