What's new

Why Waziristan cannot be conquered

Conquer them by educating them, Army should stay atleast 15-20 years & built schools/colleges to educate the local children. Discourage their parents if they try to stop their childrens getting education & forcing them to work. Help the local adults get jobs so that they will earn money instead of forcing their childrens or choosing a wrong path.

...................something wrong with connection :D

Conquer them by educating them, Army should stay atleast 15-20 years & built schools/colleges to educate the local children. Discourage their parents if they try to stop their childrens getting education & forcing them to work. Help the local adults get jobs so that they will earn money instead of forcing their childrens or choosing a wrong path.

well who will stop them destroying girls school/college as they did in swat and other areas?

Army has built a cadet college in south waziristan where boys of only upper middle class can take admission because of high fee. And most of the students are from adjacent settled districts.
Any way good and positive suggestion

...................something wrong with connection :D

well who will stop them destroying girls school/college as they did in swat and other areas?

Read my post again, obviously Army will do it, they will battle the TTP terrorists as well as educate the young childrens in schools/colleges. Staying 15-20 years means educating atleast one whole generation of FATA/Waziristan.

let me quote what you said :
Jihadism was installed in FATA by your ISI in 80s, foreign mujahideens were settled there on your ISI orders

I asked :
how come they become the puppet of ISI and blindly followed the orders of ISI without thinking from their own mind

Read my post again, obviously Army will do it.

You cannot modernize/educate people until they don't want it for themselves or for their families

Jihadism was installed in FATA by your ISI in 80s, foreign mujahideens were settled there on your ISI orders, now you are dropping bombs on the same tribals which you made fools in 80s...

With all due respects brother, I love the tribal people. But for you to say that the foreign ***** that were termed as Mujahideen settled there solely because of ISI is utterly false. It is a well known fact that the tribes welcomed these men, married their daughters to them and helped them settle.

You cannot modernize/educate people until they don't want it for themselves or for their families

You cannot impose something...or let me say everything on anyone in an instant, until you take the first step the last step will still remain a dream. Educate them & on the same time value their conservative traditions, everything is possible.

let me quote what you said :

I asked :
how come they become the puppet of ISI and blindly followed the orders of ISI without thinking from their own mind

Sir i do not have stamina to narrate the things when you do not know even the A, B, C of pakistan affairs and ground realities, you are a british gentleman.
You think tribals are stone aged folk? They have large number of reserved seats in universities, engineering, medical colleges and other governament institutions, in all the adjacent districts, schools are filled with tribal students. They are running successful businesses and careers in KPK...its just that their native villages and towns are undeveloped, governament has not even installed basic infrastructure in FATA in 65 years, so they usually dont settle back in tribal areas.

You have destroyed it pretty much.......giving them threat of destruction holds no meaning to them....

Generals in their drawing rooms might be boasting of conquering the territory which British failed to do so....Our faujis are very ambitious and are eager to flex their muscles....They could have resolved the issue in 2004 through government sponsored tribal lashkars but they wanted to show great performance in war on terror, it was necessary to get American aid in billions....they didnt listen to warnings, and now talibans are still there while faujis are getting panicking.
You know curfew is applied in waziristan whenever army caravan make a movement on the road from one place to another, which means any moving body is shot.....You do it in hostile territory, strangely it is enforced in my lakki marwat and other settled districts even though its people are very pro-army and pro-pakistani, which means army consider every pashtun territory and its people hostile....Lot of people in my area got killed because they were not aware that you have to stop moving when military caravan passes on road....
And who says army is operating against talibans? Haqqani network is operating in north waziristan with full support of ISI....The so called good talibans are having chai and dinners with faujis in check post......Jihadism was installed in FATA by your ISI in 80s, foreign mujahideens were settled there on your ISI orders, now you are dropping bombs on the same tribals which you made fools in 80s...

What sort of destruction would you be referring to here ? What infrastructure was there anyways besides mosques and schools ? Ironically , both are being targeted by Taliban , not by the state forces .

There's nothing to boast of except victory against militants , majority of the areas have been cleared by the army , there was nothing to conquer since FATA is a part of Pakistan , not enemy territory . Besides that , I do not believe in this word " unconquerable " or " unbeatable " , you can save these idealistic words for people who live in delusional world , I happen to be a realist . What issues could have been resolved in 2004 by collaborating with tribal militias who happened to have lost control over their own areas and people ? Our great performance in War on Terror didn't come from launching operations in tribal areas , but rather with arresting AQ leaders from around the country . The army's panicking ? I can only laugh at that joke . Is that why we turned down any offer of negotiations or ceasefire by these psychopaths Taliban ?

Curfews are not enforced only in hostile territory , they are applied in areas where high level of militancy is taking place or there's a state of emergency or law and order situation is critical . All these three scenarios are valid for the tribal areas . As for Lakki Marwat and other territories where the population is known to be patriotic , there's something called as " precaution " since you do not know who's the enemy because the militants do not wear uniforms , that is the advantage they enjoy , something state lacks , that is what makes these asymmetric forms of warfare so difficult and tiresome , you should learn the dynamics of it before thinking of all Govt actions as being against the tribals or your favorite generalization of Pashtuns . As for " lot of people in my region got killed due to ignorance of enforcement of the curfew " claim , just back it up with one source/link , we know how credible your conspiracy theories are at times , you invent stories in just every thread relating to the War in North West Pakistan .

The participation in the Soviet-Afghan war is something that I always regret , I will not defend any action by the Commander of the Faithful Zia-ul-Haq who thought waging a Jihad and interfering in Soviet affair with the comrades-in-Kabul would be wise . All this instability and lawlessness and uncertainty is a result of that ill-advised participation in two superpower's war which was of no use to us . But I always wonder that if we haven't participated officially and by the authorization of the state , wouldn't there have been people with a concept of " brotherhood " who would still have fought the evil communists ?

What sort of destruction would you be referring to here ? What infrastructure was there anyways besides mosques and schools ? Ironically , both are being targeted by Taliban , not by the state forces .

There's nothing to boast of except victory against militants , majority of the areas have been cleared by the army , there was nothing to conquer since FATA is a part of Pakistan , not enemy territory . Besides that , I do not believe in this word " unconquerable " or " unbeatable " , you can save these idealistic words for people who live in delusional world , I happen to be a realist . What issues could have been resolved in 2004 by collaborating with tribal militias who happened to have lost control over their own areas and people ? Our great performance in War on Terror didn't come from launching operations in tribal areas , but rather with arresting AQ leaders from around the country . The army's panicking ? I can only laugh at that joke . Is that why we turned down any offer of negotiations or ceasefire by these psychopaths Taliban ?

Curfews are not enforced only in hostile territory , they are applied in areas where high level of militancy is taking place or there's a state of emergency or law and order situation is critical . All these three scenarios are valid for the tribal areas . As for Lakki Marwat and other territories where the population is known to be patriotic , there's something called as " precaution " since you do not know who's the enemy because the militants do not wear uniforms , that is the advantage they enjoy , something state lacks , that is what makes these asymmetric forms of warfare so difficult and tiresome , you should learn the dynamics of it before thinking of all Govt actions as being against the tribals or your favorite generalization of Pashtuns . As for " lot of people in my region got killed due to ignorance of enforcement of the curfew " claim , just back it up with one source/link , we know how credible your conspiracy theories are at times , you invent stories in just every thread relating to the War in North West Pakistan .

The participation in the Soviet-Afghan war is something that I always regret , I will not defend any action by the Commander of the Faithful who thought waging a Jihad and interfering in Soviet affair with the comrades-in-Kabul would be wise . All this instability and lawlessness and uncertainty is a result of that ill-advised participation in two superpower's war which was of no use to us .

bro..i dont understand why wud u waste ur time on an afghani claiming to be a pakistani ..i advise u to leave him alone he hates pakistan at one instance and the second he is a pro pakistani..

bro..i dont understand why wud u waste ur time on an afghani claiming to be a pakistani ..i advise u to leave him alone he hates pakistan at one instance and the second he is a pro pakistani..

Just have to keep the propaganda in check , mate , it gets out of hand at times with people carrying our flags and making false claims/stories :) . This is known as a bi-polar person , rapidly shifting from their own views and instances post after post .

some afghanis over here just repeat same shiiit again n again n again n again..its just getting so boring now that i cant stand these posts anymore:hitwall:..soem times they claim to be from swat and some times they are from lakki some times from afghanistan sometimes from kandahr ...well i hope u all know abt this guy whom i m talking abt

some afghanis over here just repeat same shiiit again n again n again n again..its just getting so boring now that i cant stand these posts anymore:hitwall:..soem times they claim to be from swat and some times they are from lakki some times from afghanistan sometimes from kandahr ...well i hope u all know abt this guy whom i m talking abt

Forgive them poor confused chaps they are.:lol:

Doesn't make it true , repeating a " false " again and again . Confusing people by taking different ambiguous views and claiming affiliation to different nationalities doesn't work with us . Reading his posts , he seems to be present everywhere to get a news painting army in a bad picture , specially in areas where an operation is taking place .

Sir i do not have stamina to narrate the things when you do not know even the A, B, C of pakistan affairs and ground realities, you are a british gentleman.
You think tribals are stone aged folk? They have large number of reserved seats in universities, engineering, medical colleges and other governament institutions, in all the adjacent districts, schools are filled with tribal students. They are running successful businesses and careers in KPK...its just that their native villages and towns are undeveloped, governament has not even installed basic infrastructure in FATA in 65 years, so they usually dont settle back in tribal areas.

Its funny you are making me British national when you don't even know abc about me and for your kind information i have been lived two years in landi kotal, Khyber Agency before coming to united kingdom and i spent most of my time in different provinces of Pakistan including tribal region. People in tribal regions look more towards Kabul than Islamabad. They are more loyal towards Afghanistan than Pakistan. I would ask any punjabi, sindhi, balochi , kashmiri pakistani to have a visit in tribal region and feel the emotional attachment of people there :)

I already said that i have nothing against tribal people irrespective of what they feel about Pakistan and others ethnicity of Pakistan. I was speaking against coward attacks of TTP on Pakistani civilians because they feel helpless about taking revenge from Pakistan army or NATO. I was speaking against anti-Pakistan forces in tribal region irrespective of whether they are local or foreigners. Its also not sane to shift all blame on ISI and get away from extremist violent ideology which these Taliban love to keep. you will never be used by anyone if you dont love extremism or don't have tendencies of committing violent attacks in the name of religion/sect or for political power

Back
Top Bottom