What's new

Why Turks has been historically powerful in terms of military?

(Turkey-Azerbaijan-Iran-Türkmenistan) Oghuzs
(Uzbekistan-Uyghurs) Karluks (Genetically and Culturally closer to us)
(Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Tatars) Kıpchaks (Genetically closer to Mongols)

There are small population who are living in Turkey from Jew Khazar Turks today.

(Turkey-Azerbaijan-Iran-Türkmenistan) Oghuzs
(Uzbekistan-Uyghurs) Karluks (Genetically and Culturally closer to us)
(Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan-Tatars) Kıpchaks (Genetically closer to Mongols)

There are small population who are living in Turkey from Jew Khazar Turks today.

I thought the Oghuz Turks were genetically and culturally closest to modern day Turks living in the country of Turkey.

Well I dont think it has anything to do with being turkish or anything.

It's more likely that nomadic tribes when united are more powerful than agricultural ones .

Nomad mongols were strong but after settling down they were not that much invincible.

There are rumours that Ahmat Davutoglu is of Tatar origin and he is one of those Tatar jews. BTW he is one of the worst foreign ministers I have ever seen. I have no idea how he got elected.

Ahmet-Davutoglu-5.jpg

I thought the Oghuz Turks were genetically and culturally closest to modern day Turks living in the country of Turkey.

Oghuz Turks were probably genetically the closest to modern Turkmens from Turkmensitan

Well I dont think it has anything to do with being turkish or anything.

It's more likely that nomadic tribes when united are more powerful than agricultural ones .

Nomad mongols were strong but after settling down they were not that much invincible.

then how can you explain the rule of ottman during 600 years in 3 continents?

If you claim it is luck or anything else, then you should at that point explain how The Turks have founded tens of states and won many wars.

The Ottomans were a powerful force in it's time. Who knows what would have happened if one of the sultans of the early 18th century, sent the Impire in path of Europeanization and modernization.

If you claim it is luck or anything else, then you should at that point explain how The Turks have founded tens of states and won many wars.
Ottoman didn't face united nomadic tribes and also the height of the power of Ottomans were at the age of fire power .
Ottoman were faced by empires like themselves I don't have complete knowledge of ottoman wars in Europe but when I look at their wars with Iran they won any part of north west of our country because we had no firearm then when we acquired them we took back those lands and after that t was stalemate.

Oghuz Turks were probably genetically the closest to modern Turkmens from Turkmensitan

Nope we are Oghuzs, Infact founder of the Ottoman Empire, Osman Gazi was a Oghuz Warlord.

To be more precise;

Oghuz Khagan -> His son Gün Han -> His son Kayı and Osman Gazi was the leader of Kayı Tribe.

Initial military might was coming from the military based nomadic life(it has nothing with genes of course), in the Ottoman period it was more about clever military reforms.

JEskandari

Actually, they faced Akkoyunlu, which was pretty much a steppe style nomadic army and relatively strong.

With the firepower and order Ottomans were superior to nomadic armies, if the Battle of Ankara was some 100 years later, with the matured usage of firepower and bigger military might Ottomans could probably defeat Timur(if led well), Timur was numerically superior with many experienced commanders and veteren warriors, plus treachery among Ottoman army made things even worse.

Sinan, yüzyıllardır bi dünya halkla karışıyoruz, o yüzden Türkmenler büyük ihtimalle orjinal Oğuzlara daha yakın demiş.

Actually I mean't to say Turks have the 2nd strongest air force, my mistake.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they can beat those nations, even Hitler didn't want to mess with the Turks.

You were right the first time... They ARE the 2nd largest army in Nato after USA... Yes, i also believe they are stronger presently than UK, France and German armies... Both manpower and equipment...but maybe not in Special Forces such as SAS and so on..

Nope we are Oghuzs, Infact founder of the Ottoman Empire, Osman Gazi was a Oghuz Warlord.

To be more precise;

Oghuz Khagan -> His son Gün Han -> His son Kayı and Osman Gazi was the leader of Kayı Tribe.

Ok which group are Turks living in Turkey today most closest to? Oghuz? Pan turkists claim Azeris in Azarbadegan are descendants of Oghuz but I think this is not true.

Ottomans were successfull because they didnt force the people they conquered, basically the conquered people lived as normal before the Ottomans but they had to swore loyalty to the Sultan. This is one reason why Ottomans were able to conquer many lands.

Turks of Turkey, Azeris and Turkmens of Turkmenistan are all coming from the same stock, Oghuz(later Turkmen).

Also, its not the reason Ottomans were able to conquer many lands, it was the reason of Ottomans peacefully holding most of conquered lands.

Back
Top Bottom