What's new

Why Turks has been historically powerful in terms of military?

Ottomans were successfull because they didnt force the people they conquered, basically the conquered people lived as normal before the Ottomans but they had to swore loyalty to the Sultan. This is one reason why Ottomans were able to conquer many lands.

You are very wrong on that one, the "blood tribute", for one, was nothing "normal".

On the OP question, from what I know it was a matter of many factors, genetics didn't matter (nor religion that much).
It's not that that they were better warriors than either the Europeans , the C. Asians,or the Arabs, but they were better organized, had a flourishing culture that only improved with elements from the neighboring or conquered countrys, and had vast resources of manpower
It also helped that the opposition (at least in Europe) was rarely united

That "Blood Tribute"(Horror movie music starts :P) was the Ottoman version of recruiting Ghulams and Mamluk, but the fact is, it was far more civilized with its regulations, in fact you can say in was something like government was taking special children into its supervision :D

Ottomans were not perfect but its a slander to say they were harsher then any other, in fact they were fair enough with no real discrimination to minorities.

I don't know about Anatolian Turks but Central Asian Turks in general seem to have been great warriors in the medeival era. I mean look at Indian history , where Greeks, Persians, Arabs and Mongols failed to conquer India , the Central Asian Turks succeeded ( Delhi Sultunate and Mughal Empire).

What was it that made Turkish people so powerful militarily?

My opinion is ever since the invasion, Turkification, genetic influence of Turkish people by Turkic invaders of Central Asia they had become strong.

If you read the history of Anatolia, the ancient indo-european people of anatolians never had any military achievements.

What a silly statement. You need to read some history. Greeks and Armenians have been living in modern day Turkey for thousands of years. Greeks were known for the countless city states they founded all through out the Mediterranean. Armenia is one of the worlds oldest country and have survived so many brutal invasions and murders.

Actually I mean't to say Turks have the 2nd strongest air force, my mistake.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they can beat those nations, even Hitler didn't want to mess with the Turks.

Hitler didn't want to mess with Turks? He almost took down Soviet Union and you are talking about Turkey. Have you read any history in your life?

Turks had one big advantage and that is their leaders. They were brave and fearless but at the same time very clever. And as soon as their leaders got corrupt so did their empire(Ottoman).

The turkish tribes of the steppes had as basic living skills- hunting[which required expertise in archery] and horse riding.These were coincidentally excellent military skills during the middle ages.So the steppe tribes produced excellent armies self trained.
Apart from this the harsh steppe life and weather gave them martial spirit and inured them to hardship,this made the turkic tribesmen excellent conquerors.This martial tradition was also inherited by successive generations even when they settled down.
Finally the ottomans at least adapted to technology well ,particularly firearms at least initially.This ability to adapt with times at least for the first period helped sustain turkish military power.

The turkish tribes of the steppes had as basic living skills- hunting[which required expertise in archery] and horse riding.These were coincidentally excellent military skills during the middle ages.So the steppe tribes produced excellent armies self trained.
Apart from this the harsh steppe life and weather gave them martial spirit and inured them to hardship,this made the turkic tribesmen excellent conquerors.This martial tradition was also inherited by successive generations even when they settled down.
Finally the ottomans at least adapted to technology well ,particularly firearms at least initially.This ability to adapt with times at least for the first period helped sustain turkish military power.
''at least for the first period helped sustain turkish military power''.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-powerful-terms-military-3.html#ixzz2i57LpM5J
After that they were more interested in women and poetry instead of the Armed forces,while the rest(old Europe) was upgrading their military capabilities.
that started the demise of the Ottoman Empire,we all know the rest.

There are rumours that Ahmat Davutoglu is of Tatar origin and he is one of those Tatar jews. BTW he is one of the worst foreign ministers I have ever seen. I have no idea how he got elected.

Ahmet-Davutoglu-5.jpg

Yes he could be a Tatar.. But Tatar's are MUSLIM!! As much as an Arab,Afghan or Pakistani. Aren't you ashamed to call a person a jew before u dont have any evidence?? In TRUE islam my PROPHET Hz. Muhammed s.a.v. said that u may never say "kafir" to a man before u know for sure he is. I know Prof. Dr. Ahmet Davutoglu very well and he is a model sunni moslim and a very good person with a heart at the right place. In Turkey im absolutly against AKP and RT Erdogan en co except this man. He was a rector of an University and he was made Minister of Foreign Relations with presure of RT Erdogan and the Ex-President Ahmed Necded Sezer it was absolutly not his own desire to become a politician! This man is maybe the smartest politician in Turkey. Yes its true he is the one that got the most critics all the time but thats just becauze he's so good in his damn job. Thats why they try so hard to give hime a bad name call him out like a jew or a massonic spy and some other craps.. When RT Erdogans complete his last 4 years this man will be the new Prime Minister of Turkey insallah he is in my view "The Leader" were waiting for since Atatürk. And ppl who doesnt agree with my opinion just read a piece of one his books and if you arent anti-islamic or ant-turkic minded you will be fond of him and pray with me to Allah that he become the Leader of Turkey. Not only for the sake of the Turks but all Muslimworld.

What is the origin of Oghuz Turks and how they emerged as distinct Turks.

Here are all the informations you need.

Oghuz Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ghuzz or Turkmen also known as Oguzes (a linguistic term designating the Western Turkic or Oghuz languages from the Oghur languages) were a historical Turkic tribal confederation conventionally named Oghuz Yabgu State in Central Asia during the early medieval period. The name Oguz is a Common Turkic word for "tribe". The Oguz confederation migrated westard from the Jeti-su area after a conflict with Karluk branch of Uigurs. The founders of the Ottoman Empire were descendants of the Oguz Yabgu State.

The extension from the Karachuk Mountains towards the Caspian Sea (Transoxiana) was called the "Oghuz Steppe Lands" from where the Oghuz Turks established trading, religious and cultural contacts with the Abbasid Arab caliphate who ruled to the south. This is around the same time that they first converted to Islam and renounced their Tengriism belief system. The Arab historians mentioned that the Oghuz Turks in their domain in Transoxiana were ruled by a number of kings and chieftains.

It was in this area that they later founded the Seljuk Empire, and it was from this area that they spread west into western Asia and eastern Europe during Turkic migrations from the 9th until the 12th century. The founders of the Ottoman Empire were also Oghuz Turks.

Petroglyphs from Zavkhan Province, Mongolia, depicting Göktürks (6th-8th century).

Actually I mean't to say Turks have the 2nd strongest air force, my mistake.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they can beat those nations, even Hitler didn't want to mess with the Turks.
nowadays they are only fit for doner kebabs shawarma and the funny man giving icecreams.

What is the origin of Oghuz Turks and how they emerged as distinct Turks.

First of all the word Turk is Persian..
Its given by the Persians to "Turkic" speaking tribes and its means brave, courageous or something like that.
Second if you still believe that a "pure race" exisict than dream further sweet boy ppl's are mixing since the extensions of the humanity.. So the only thing that makes origin, ethnicity is language and culture (habits, believings "laws") what makes all Turkic speaking ppl "Turks" (not the population of Turkey) but the same tribes that the Persians gives that name to them and
Oghuz Turks are maybe one of the largest but only one of them. You can compare it like the german tribes in ancient world they are all separated they speak all germanic but in differnt dialects but they are all from the same nation and sometimes they came all together an builded very big empires.

Oghuz Turk tribes were mostly established in Turkmenistan today, and 1 of the 9 clans between the Oghuz tribe the "Kayi" (the eldest son of Oghuz) is the decendant from the founders of the Ottoman Empire.

First of all the word Turk is Persian..
Its given by the Persians to "Turkic" speaking tribes and its means brave, courageous or something like that.
Second if you still believe that a "pure race" exisict than dream further sweet boy ppl's are mixing since the extensions of the humanity.. So the only thing that makes origin, ethnicity is language and culture (habits, believings "laws") what makes all Turkic speaking ppl "Turks" (not the population of Turkey) but the same tribes that the Persians gives that name to them and
Oghuz Turks are maybe one of the largest but only one of them. You can compare it like the german tribes in ancient world they are all separated they speak all germanic but in differnt dialects but they are all from the same nation and sometimes they came all together an builded very big empires.

Oghuz Turk tribes were mostly established in Turkmenistan today, and 1 of the 9 clans between the Oghuz tribe the "Kayi" (the eldest son of Oghuz) is the decendant from the founders of the Ottoman Empire.

I know that all people are mix of races, Turkish and Mongolian languages are from same family but Turks nowhere look similar to Mongol. The central Asian Turkic people only look partially similar to Mongols.

Back
Top Bottom